Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Improve your equipment with gems!

CM ArcanineCM Arcanine Posts: 4,626
Hey Community,

Let us know what you think of the latest update in this thread!

Cheers,

Steve.
Post edited by CM Arcanine on

Comments

• mark lynchmark lynch Posts: 882
    edited 15.07.2014
    the gems things sounds interesting, but most likely expensive. it also sounds like a bit of a gamble whether they will work each time we use them, will have to try that out before i can make any serious comments. but again, seems aimed at whales.

event - the banner of glory. sounds good. shame we still havent sorted the last 'event' out yet.

escape in the face of power - very good idea. one our our level 70's got hit by a level 10 yesterday while offline and wasted ruby tools for no reason.

other stuff.

the symbol, not sure this will do much as i can already see which cs is in which kingdom, will have to wait and see.

auto-war is back with an on/off toggle. right, thanks ???

new nobility contest stuff, nice.

sorting marauder achievements, again nice.

drill ground upgrade to level 4 and 5 is gonna be welcome in some quarters. obviously this makes the whales able to recruit even faster than before so will be interesting to see how that affects game-play/wars.

wheel of fortune is now cheaper, again only affecting whales. you cant polish a turd, sorry.

login page update, meh.
    Proud Member of KINKY.

start as you mean to carry on :-)

mark lynch @ en 1

http://prntscr.com/3xohq5
  • orel570 (US1)orel570 (US1) Posts: 515
    edited 15.07.2014
    Is the gems only been able to be gained by attacking robber barons or also other towers?
    Orel570 @ USA1

Weakest player in MU
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• chienlongchienlong Posts: 36
    edited 15.07.2014
    i like this update,haven't any complain about it
    curassiers_zpsb9ba8559.png
  • ScotslordScotslord Posts: 56
    edited 15.07.2014
    Auto war declaration is, back with a toggle on/off feature, why is it back at all? rest of update gems etc, dont care, sounds good but it will be just another idea that sounds good, then sucks on release, how about dealing with the last update rubbish before giving us more rubbish, geez or here is an idea, fix the damn bugs stop painting over them, the flashing map sucks, fix it.
    Scotslord @ en 1
  • deepfriedcat (GB1)deepfriedcat (GB1) Posts: 250
    edited 15.07.2014
    Id like to attack more often. But these days, the effort to build up a few hundred troops each day just isnt worth it. The drill ground would help, if i coughed up a kidney to pay for them at all castles. I hate to suggest this, but is there any chance of just permanently unlocking all recruitment slots? (Please dont suggest premium mode, thats still a sore point for everyone here).

Also, gems sound interesting! Will be good to hear about the awesome gear the whales are forging up. One question though: are they single use? or permanent once you put a good one in?
    deepfriedcat @ EPICNESS en1

"Ive been sent here to annoy you" - Emunem
  • SexyGirl10SexyGirl10 Posts: 117
    edited 15.07.2014
    We'll see what the update will be like... Good or bad, I hope good ofcourse :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 15.07.2014
    i want to know when you update the game with his update?
    piropirate @ skn 1
  • trajen (US1)trajen (US1) Posts: 252
    edited 15.07.2014
    Thw update sounds nice but can we still get rubies from attacking rbcs.
    Pls cry some more while my guitar gentle weeps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezd7fRvJgtc&ab_channel=StevenSpencer
  • cur (skn1)cur (skn1) Posts: 126
    edited 15.07.2014
    make the attacks more Random? with a % chance of winning/loosing a battle?? are you kidding?

and a question to the Automatic War declaration that you for a CLUELESS reason add again *GOSH* if my alliance has it turned OFF and the other alliance that attack has it turned ON, will we automatic be at War then? or not?
    cur, Nordic 1
  • Grand Master VGrand Master V Posts: 45
    edited 15.07.2014
    cur2 wrote: »
    make the attacks more Random? with a % chance of winning/loosing a battle?? are you kidding?

and a question to the Automatic War declaration that you for a CLUELESS reason add again *GOSH* if my alliance has it turned OFF and the other alliance that attack has it turned ON, will we automatic be at War then? or not?

you only get declared on if a player attacks you.
    EX:
    A player from another alliance who has auto declaration on and attacks you, then you wont be at war, but if you retaliate, then you will be at war. it is more of a defense war not offense
    Grand Master V @ usa 1
  • lionidas2lionidas2 Posts: 576
    edited 15.07.2014
    why did u add thsi gems stone u will make a confused,this a strategie game so i cant count on hasard
    "Don't think of yourself as an uglly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141772-the-story-of-a-gallant-warrior
  • jasper22 (INT1)jasper22 (INT1) Posts: 277
    edited 15.07.2014
    Auto war. I don’t understand why ggs wants to reintroduce this element when it was pretty clear almost no player is positive about it. Sure we can turn it of which could make it tolerable. Of course if a lot of ally don’t turn of the auto war it will still be just as annoying as the old auto war. I am not worried about the bigger families doing this. However since it is turned on by default I bet a lot of smaller and newer ally that don’t have players who spent time figure out how the game works will have it turned on.

That bring me to another point why the hell would you make a feature as unpopular as the auto war by default turned on???????????? The synic in me thinks ggs is hoping that new ally will not know that you can turn it off and keep it on resulting in a lot of pointless wars and irritation among gamers!

Third point. One of the biggest core issues with us players had with how the original auto war worked was the large amount of spam it created. GGS has even confirmed this as one of the reason why they removed the original auto war in an announcement. Mods please explain why the hell GGS is reintroducing the auto war without fixing this issue which according to you was one of the reason to remove the auto war In the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glory banner and escape enemy I like. New level of drill grounds sounds like another way to further screw the balance between big ruby users and the rest. Lucky the effect of an extra level of drill ground is not that big when you run feasts. Making it easier to get higher level of wheel is probably not that good. I doubt it will be made in such a way that low ruby buyers can get a good effect out of it.

Gems sound interesting. I like the idea of having more specialized powers on your equipment like having more strength for the flanks. This will increase the strategic element of the game.

However I don’t like the fact that the powers will be activated by chance. To me this is a massive reduction of the strategic element. It sound like in the future battles will not be won because of who has the best strategy but will be determine by who has the most luck.

A second part that I don’t like is that we will get equipment or gems from robber barons and not both. In my experiences it is very hard already to loot the best pieces of equipment from RB. I have 15 max level tower in ice, almost got 15 max in fire and sand, got 4 max level and 11 29+ towers In green. Also before I cared about achievement I already had 4 max level towers in all kingdoms that I regularity hit for gold.

By now I must have hit thousands and thousands of towers yet I only have a couple of equipment pieces that got 3 the same powers that are worth it. These pieces are already very, very rare. Pieces that got 2 bonuses that are the same and are worth it are a bit less rare but still not easy to get. When the gems are introduced we will no longer get equipment with every or almost every hit, depending on tower level, it will become even harder for new players to loot strong equipment form tower. Of course it is also possible that I got the worst luck when looting towers for equipment.

My suggestion is to keep the equipment the way it is, getting pieces almost every or every hit depending on level, and add a chance to get gems. So you can then get both equipment and gem if you lucky.
    Titans
    edited 15.07.2014
    you only get declared on if a player attacks you.
    EX:
    A player from another alliance who has auto declaration on and attacks you, then you wont be at war, but if you retaliate, then you will be at war. it is more of a defense war not offense

Where did you get that info from it does not sound right to me. Hoop a mod can confirm that if one of the two ally involved in an attack got auto war turned off their will be no auto war even if one of them got auto war turned on.

If it relay works like that then it solves some of the issues like the unwanted spam.
    Titans
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 15.07.2014
    jasper22 wrote: »
    Where did you get that info from it does not sound right to me. Hoop a mod can confirm that if one of the two ally involved in an attack got auto war turned off their will be no auto war even if one of them got auto war turned on.

If it relay works like that then it solves some of the issues like the unwanted spam.

The alliance turns it on, not the individual member so what Grand Master V said is true.

As for the update,

Will the gems be displayed in the espionage report? The gems seem kind of a confusing concept even for the level 70s to grasp so let's hope the level 25s don't die from it. From what I understand, you can gather a group of gems from an attack on an rbc but you can only use 1 gem per piece of equipment so it's basically just getting more pieces of equipment per attack (which I don't think is a bad thing).

I like the banner of glory. Whatever bonus on glory I can get is a good thing.

The escape in the face of power feature seems good for the lower levels as long as it doesn't affect anyone over the levels stated (5-19).

All I can say about the auto war declaration is that it will cause some confusion as to if the war was made on purpose or not and that I'll need to log on early tomorrow to turn off that feature for my alliance.

The achievements seem like a good idea for those accomplished players.

Drill ground I don't really care about because it will be expensive regardless.

The wheel of fortune part of the update makes it easier to get rewards so no downside there.

And Finally.... Didn't you update the login page just two weeks ago?
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
  • wert855 (IN1)wert855 (IN1) Posts: 758
    edited 15.07.2014
    i liked this;)
    WERT855 THE PRIME
    INDIA1

Now a General of Illuminati :)
    Last Rubies brought : Somewhere in July or August 2015
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Mahatma Gandhi
    "One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody." -Mother Teresa
  • mark lynchmark lynch Posts: 882
    edited 15.07.2014
    this is happening tomorrow, nothing like short notice on anything here really
    Proud Member of KINKY.

start as you mean to carry on :-)

mark lynch @ en 1

http://prntscr.com/3xohq5
  • BigPlayer24BigPlayer24 Posts: 5
    edited 15.07.2014
    i think this is a pretty good idea for the next update
    BigPlayer2 @ usa 1
  • edited 15.07.2014
    This update is just put out for GGE to make the whales pay more money for drill ground lvl 4 and 5 and so they can buy more tickets for wheel of fortune
  • HotspurHotspur Posts: 13
    edited 15.07.2014
    Oh no! I have to hurry home so I can turn off the dammed autowar thing!
    Hotspur @ usa 1
    edited 15.07.2014
    Cornet6 wrote: »
    The alliance turns it on, not the individual member so what Grand Master V said is true.

?

Maybe I did not understand Grand master V post good enough or I was not clear. I am not talking about individual members I am talking about what would happen if an alliance that has auto war turned off gets attacked by an alliance that has auto war turned on and vice versa.

Some scenarios:

Alliance A has auto war turned on, alliance B has auto war turned off.

First: player from alliance A attacks alliance B.
    Second : Player from alliance B attacks player from alliance A.

The way I understand Grand master v, no auto war would start in the first scenario but it will start in the second. Personally I don’t see anything in the announcements that makes me belief it will work that way. The way I think it will work as long as one of the two ally involved in an attack or failed sabotages has the auto war turned on then their will start an auto war between those ally, therefore in both scenarios the auto war would start.

Would be relay nice if a mod can clear up some off this before the update is made.
    Titans
Sign In to comment.