Home English (UK) Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Eric768 - Daily Events

Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
edited 16.10.2014 in Off Topic
Howdy,

I just made this thread as almost a diary, or journal of my daily events in the game. I think I live a pretty interesting game life, and would like to share some of the happenings every now and then. I often find days with a little bit of drama that end up in interesting tales.. This will include only entries from the game and things that I or my group encounter with no names other than myself for the privacy of those involved.

This is a trial sort of thing, I don't know if you'll find it entertaining or not, but I live to please so well give it a shot.

Attachment not found.
Attachment not found.
Attachment not found.

From the past 48 hours. I was bored, and decided that I would start attacking players for glory once more. These were 3 of the 5 I had launched. The other two I killed about 1300 combined, losing 175 and gaining another 6.5k glory.

Now I am taking another day of recruiting, and looking for another target while my alliance looks to complete a merge with another group in the coming days.

Eric
Post edited by Eric768 (US1) on
Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.

Comments

• dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 26.06.2014
    :D Awesome! One day I'm going to attack you with 1,280 archers with wooden ladders! The thing is, what kind of commander should I use? Find better items commander?
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 26.06.2014
    dreamtree wrote: »
    :D Awesome! One day I'm going to attack you with 1,280 archers with wooden ladders! The thing is, what kind of commander should I use? Find better items commander?

Increase fires, find better equipment, more loot, and more glory points.

It's the only way to go when using an army of 1280 archers and wooden ladders :p

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 26.06.2014
    This sounds like it will be interesting. I foresee a few good laughs up ahead.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
    edited 26.06.2014
    Well this is a fine day by the looks of it. Woke up to find an attack coming in with about 8 minutes left on the ticker. So I quickly scrambled about and sent 700 defenders to my main from an OP along with what I had in the main and the results were as follows:

Attachment not found.

I ended up having to use some ruby/armorer tools because the attack was practically full armorer with a decent commander. Oh well, the foreign lord must not have gotten more than 6-8k glory with the war banners he used.

Not sure how I am feeling about this whole foreign empire deal.. What do you guys think?

• RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 26.06.2014
    From what I have read, the reactions are mixed. The vast majority are against it, but the "constantly online" players like it. I know I personally wouldn't care for it. If I'm in a war, I would like it to be a war that I started, not constant attacks, though fairly easy to beat, that slowly wear down all your defenses, until you can't beat them any more.

Since the foreign invader castles are computer controlled ,they don't have the limitations regular players have during a war. If you wipe an opponents castle in a good fight, you don't have to worry about them suddenly becoming a new castle, with a full set of troops. The invaders don't need time to rebuild, they respawn, with a full complement of troops and tools, instantly.

No matter how well you defend, even if you only lose 200-300 troops each defense, after 20 or 30 such attacks a day, you will run out of defenders. Your alliance is all in the same boat, so GGS saying you can be supported is a bald-faced lie. Your alliance mates are in the same boat.

Look at some of the posted screenshots in other threads, some alliances have 15 or more horns AT ALL TIMES! I'm talking 24/7, and as soon as you kill one set of attackers, a new one is created without having to go through the rebuild process. All this event will do is slowly grind down all your defenders and defensive tools, unless you start ruby-buying and ruby-doubling your troop builds.

This isn't an "inter-server war simulation", it's GGS simply sending attacks at everyone, over and over, until they run out of defense soldiers and tools. Then they keep sending them until the castle is completely looted of resources and all buildings are burning at max.

They should have simply made an event where your soldiers and tools are randomly deleted, and fires set in your buildings, but gave you glory for it....

Oh wait, they already randomly delete your troops and tools, they just don't compensate you for it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
    edited 27.06.2014
    I have to agree that this system so far seems silly. First thing that sprung to mind was the grinding away of tools and troops. The attack I received forced my hands into using armorer/ruby tools, otherwise I would take huge losses. It was a lot of resources for a random attack that gave me 2.5k glory..

I wish they had made it an optional event that you have to join (though I am not sure you would want to). I am still unclear on whether or not this is against other players or not, because right now that is my thinking. Seeing players using commanders/castellans that have reduction of travel costs, finding better equipment, less fires, more fires, etc.. Suggests to me that they are real players. Not to mention some of the troop/tool mixes I have seen.

If GGE were sending simulated attacks, they would send attacks that did some real damage. My lower levels are just getting gong show hits. 650 troops, kills all of them with 7 losses. Doesn't sound like GGE to me..

I don't know, I had mixed feelings with the event earlier today but now I am pretty much against it. If I hadn't logged in this morning at the time I did, I probably would have taken some heavy losses.

Does anyone know if you lose, do they set flames just like a regular attack?

• InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 27.06.2014
    Eric768 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you lose, do they set flames just like a regular attack?

I would assume so; three of my alliance members have recently been attacked by those Foreign castles. I've seen one of their castles, and it was burning like it would've been if another player attacked you.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
    edited 27.06.2014
    Steve just posted explaining the event a little better. From what he says, it sounds like the attacks coming from foreign castles are real attacks that that player has sent out in the past. In other words, it is a real attack set up by a real person, but the attack was 'cloned' for a different server, and used in the server you are on. (In the case of Eric, USA1)

It seems to me that GGS has given up adding things to make us fight each other, and has forced it upon us. This was, in my opinion, a very bad move. Expect more mass abandoning of the game in the near future.

P.S. Here is a quote of Steve's post:
    Hey everyone,

We realised that the announcement of the Foreign Empire event may not have explained the mechanics of how the event works clearly enough and created some confusion amongst you. We'd like to try and clear up this confusion with the following explanation of how it works:

-As stated many times in the past, a 'link' or 'synchronisation' between two servers is not technically possible and this event is no exception.
    -However, this event is a very close to reality simulation based on actual user behaviour.
    -The attacks that you will receive are real attacks that have happened in the past weeks and that we will keep collecting as you send attacks to these foreign castles on the server you are 'fighting against'. This includes attack and defense set-ups of different compositions from a variety of players across the server. Some may be more aggressive than others, some more defensive according to the general activity of the corresponding user.
    -After you are defeated, or succeed in defeating a foreign castle, the new castle that spawns in the place of the old one will correspond to a different users behaviour. This leads to the conclusion that some players may receive multiple attacks, and some may even receive none.
    -The attacks can happen at any time, as it is a simulation of how real players would engage in battle themselves. Due to this, there could be attack peaks according to the time zone of the server you are matched against. (For example, if you are on EN1 and are placed against USA1 you may receive more attacks during the night as that is when they are active in their time zone)
    -All the castles will be placed in a distance of 50 fields from your castle regardless of their visual position on the map. This means that Espionage attempts may take longer than expected.

We hope this can answer some of your questions and clear up some confusion regarding the event. If you have any more questions, feel free to leave them in the related Discussion Thread.

Regards,

Your Empire Team.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • williamandarbelwilliamandarbel Posts: 2,816
    edited 27.06.2014
    graceL.H.E wrote: »
    I would assume so; three of my alliance members have recently been attacked by those Foreign castles. I've seen one of their castles, and it was burning like it would've been if another player attacked you.

it is another player.
    williamandarbel
    Proudly part of Sword of Truth, US1.

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
    edited 27.06.2014
    graceL.H.E wrote: »

it is another player.
    williamandarbel

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
    edited 27.06.2014
    it is another player.

Technically it's not. It's a simulation of another player, almost like a ghost, that uses the real attacks of another player to attack you.
    -Albert Einstein
    edited 27.06.2014
    it is another player.

Technically it's not. It's a simulation of another player, almost like a ghost, that uses the real attacks of another player to attack you.
    -Albert Einstein
    edited 27.06.2014
    To me it just sounds like they trying to tool waste us and reduce our troop counts, making us more susceptible to attack from players on our own server as well as from the invading realm.

Attachment not found.

Attacked while I was offline, still won but again, costs me armorer tools. Not that great for 1k glory to lose as many tools as I did.

edited 27.06.2014
    They've stopped trying to make us fig each other, and instead, have declared war on us themselves. If we won't attack each other, making everyone buy rubies for tools, then they will attack us themselves, and force us to buy tools to 'defeat the enemy' and stop the attacks from coming.
    -Albert Einstein
    edited 27.06.2014
    aidan952 wrote: »

the attacks were actually sent....... in Russia1
    williamandarbel

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 1,366
    edited 27.06.2014

Read the update information again. The attacks are a simulation based off the attacks sent in Russia1...
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

edited 27.06.2014

I know, but then they're copied and sent against us.
    -Albert Einstein
  • stoner1950stoner1950 Posts: 5
    edited 27.06.2014
    this is all good but what about the folks that have to work and the ones that can't buy rubies. i was hit 2 or 3 times by these guys while off line, why don't they attack when you are on line???
    stoner1950 @ usa 1
    edited 27.06.2014
    dreamtree wrote: »
    Read the update information again. The attacks are a simulation based off the attacks sent in Russia1...
    I know! So those attacks were sent in Russia1!
    williamandarbel

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson
    7.jpg
  • deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 28.06.2014
    So when I attack a Russian castle am I attacking a Russian castle? Does my attack get put into the other world against that certain guy I attacked?
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file