Home English (UK) Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Grace's Head.

Comments

• *Scrunches eyebrows up*

Roasted duck head? 
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • K K (US1)K K (US1) Posts: 3,731
    "Just saying"
    The Sane Acquaintance of Inrazimad
    The Co-Creator of the Bilbo RPG Community

K [email protected] Int 1
    Member of the Royal Heavy Launchers; subdivision of the Royal Gunner Circle; subdivision of the Royal Remnant Knights.
    PS: Remnant Knights is owned and copyright to Game Samba and Kalydo. My post on the forums is to be considered fan fiction.

Hate the fires,
    K K

Help me raise Creatures, please.

• Excuse you, my head is very fireproof.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
    When have I even specified your head?

Member of the Royal Heavy Launchers; subdivision of the Royal Gunner Circle; subdivision of the Royal Remnant Knights.
    PS: Remnant Knights is owned and copyright to Game Samba and Kalydo. My post on the forums is to be considered fan fiction.

Hate the fires,
    K K

• You specified a duck head. There's only one duck head here for several metres. 

• Cyclone14 (INT1)Cyclone14 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11,909
    sandravlc wrote: »
    How would he be better than Scintilla? She's practically one of the oldest dragons here.

Noting the date, I'd just like to point out that, a mere four days ago, Scintilla turned two years old. I'd add a comment from her, but these forums don't have yellow fonts, nor do they have image support . . . There will be no sarcastic replies here.

The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!
    You specified a duck head. There's only one duck head here for several metres. 
    *Fails spectacularly at attempting to raise one eyebrow*

Even so. I never specified your duck head. You're not the only duck here, you know?

*Glances meaningful at Quacky*

Hate the fires,
    K K

• You specified a duck head. There's only one duck head here for several metres. 
    *Fails spectacularly at attempting to raise one eyebrow*

Even so. I never specified your duck head. You're not the only duck here, you know?

*Glances meaningful at Quacky*

IF YOU'RE THINKING OF ROASTING QUACKY'S HEAD OFF, I AM GOING TO KILL A BITCH TONIGHT!

How would he be better than Scintilla? She's practically one of the oldest dragons here.

Noting the date, I'd just like to point out that, a mere four days ago, Scintilla turned two years old. I'd add a comment from her, but these forums don't have yellow fonts, nor do they have image support . . . There will be no sarcastic replies here.

I hate how true that is.

I was just proving a point.
    I wasn't actually going to eat Quacky.

Cyclone? No sarcastic replies?

What has the world forum come to?

Hate the fires,
    K K

• I wouldn't have let you eat Quacky.

Scratch that, I wouldn't have let you roast Quacky's head off.

Now that's just confusing...

Hate the fires,
    K K

I was just proving a point.
    I wasn't actually going to eat Quacky.

Cyclone? No sarcastic replies?

What has the world forum come to?
    -_-

I was talking about Scintilla.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!
    Indeed you were.

Hate the fires,
    K K

• How did you find my statement confusing? It's as simple as I can get.

How did you find my statement confusing? It's as simple as I can get.

You're obviously too sophisticated for him.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

• I think not. I'm not exactly the most sophisticated person out there.

I think not. I'm not exactly the most sophisticated person out there.

Fine, I'll go find someone else who will accept my flattery. 
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

edited 31.10.2015
    By 'scratching that' you effectively said that it is okay for me to eat Quacky, but it is not okay for me to roast her head off.

Hate the fires,
    K K

• I think not. I'm not exactly the most sophisticated person out there.

I was trying to be logical!

On the other hand . . . Why the hell was I trying to be logical?
    By 'scratching that' you effectively said that it is okay for me to eat Quacky, but it is not okay for me to roast her head off.

'Scratch that' generally means 'taking that back'. I took back the 'wouldn't have allowed you to eat Quacky' statement, and replaced it with the 'wouldn't have allowed you to roast Quacky's head off' statement. Because when somebody says 'scratch that', it usually means they're taking back a statement they've previously said, and replacing it with another statement that's usually more extreme, or severe.

I think not. I'm not exactly the most sophisticated person out there.

I was trying to be logical!

On the other hand . . . Why the hell was I trying to be logical?

'Scratch that' generally means 'taking that back'. I took back the 'wouldn't have allowed you to eat Quacky' statement, and replaced it with the 'wouldn't have allowed you to roast Quacky's head off' statement. Because when somebody says 'scratch that', it usually means they're taking back a statement they've previously said, and replacing it with another statement that's usually more extreme, or severe.

Exactly! Why be logical when you can accept flattery?
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file