Home English (UK) Strategy & Tactics Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The best commanders

Comments

• tresieltresiel Posts: 545
    edited 25.05.2014
    I appreciate you bumping my thread though pajlol <3
    Potato Crew
    Long live MISC
    ae57fcb8c00166c2ee85d8139d9467ac.png
  • pajeg2 (GB1)pajeg2 (GB1) Posts: 510
    edited 25.05.2014
    tresiel wrote: »
    As if renegades were actually strong defenders.

140525080608632848.jpg

as for your photoshop

357+311=668
    432+435=867
    668*2+867*2.75=1336+2384=3720

how come you only did 3773 glory with a + 33 % glory commander?

272+273=545
    320+291+126=737
    545*3=1635
    737*2.75=2026
    75*0.5=37
    (1635+2026)*(3.9+0.1+0.2+0.2) (banners+research+honor+looter)=16270 (i made 16260, not so bad my maths)

266+470=740
    740*2.75=2024
    2024*(3.9+0.1+0.2+0.2)=8905 (i made 8860, not so bad my maths)
    pajeg @ en 1
    edited 02.06.2014
    Bampity shamp damp
    Potato Crew
    Long live MISC
  • edited 03.06.2014
    pajeg wrote: »
    940 off and 960 def, learn to do addition...

why don't you show your target castellan^^ i doubt he is much stronger

let me guess, 22% mele 21 % range castellan? or 45 % mele 11 % range?
    and your commander had 90 % range of course
    You ran into half offense. It's not even impressive when you only run into half D. Pls go and don't disrespect tre tre.
    nothanksjeffery @ usa 1

*Potato Crew*
    *Misc GGE Crew*
    *Skip Classes for GGE Crew*
    *Set alarm to wake up in the middle of the night for GGE crew*
    *Crew of all crews crew*
    *Girls sign off when I message them Crew*
    *paint my own nails to fap so it looks like girl is giving me handjob crew*
    *Get called bro but they never mean bro Crew*
    *Order a pizza, too scared to answer the door Crew*
    *foreveralone.jpg Crew*
    *not gonna make it crew*
    *hold my own hand to see what it feels like crew*
    edited 04.06.2014
    You ran into half offense. It's not even impressive when you only run into half D. Pls go and don't disrespect tre tre.

it's not even impressive when you photoshop your commander to get some noobs to believe your crap

he didn't killed much, target was weak, like him (he only send 1035 soldiers, is that a joke?)
    pajeg @ en 1
  • edited 04.06.2014
    pajeg wrote: »
    it's not even impressive when you photoshop your commander to get some noobs to believe your crap

he didn't killed much, target was weak, like him (he only send 1035 soldiers, is that a joke?)

Brah, get out of tre tre's GOAT thread. Your presence alone brings down this thread. Of course he only sent 1035 troops. He could have sent 400 and still smacked dat azz.
    nothanksjeffery @ usa 1

*Potato Crew*
    *Misc GGE Crew*
    *Skip Classes for GGE Crew*
    *Set alarm to wake up in the middle of the night for GGE crew*
    *Crew of all crews crew*
    *Girls sign off when I message them Crew*
    *paint my own nails to fap so it looks like girl is giving me handjob crew*
    *Get called bro but they never mean bro Crew*
    *Order a pizza, too scared to answer the door Crew*
    *foreveralone.jpg Crew*
    *not gonna make it crew*
    *hold my own hand to see what it feels like crew*
    edited 04.06.2014
    this thread is a joke
    He could have sent 400 and still smacked dat azz.

no he couldn't, he had more than 400 loss against that weak target with 1035 soldiers

why don't he show us what he can do against a real castellan, oh yeah, he is too weak to face that^^
    pajeg @ en 1
  • thermal15thermal15 Posts: 500
    edited 07.06.2014
    Real castellans dont abandon the walls to trample the old women and children in their headlong flight into the dubious safety of the keep.
    Think fast, Hippie!

I am the deepest well. You are a dirty dishrag. I am the best that ever was or will ever be.

thermal15
  • deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 07.06.2014
    So I'm finally convinced this is the best player vs. player attacking/defending style. What I'm wondering is if I should use this same strategy for barbarian fortresses
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!
    edited 07.06.2014
    lol

D minus.
    Think fast, Hippie!

I am the deepest well. You are a dirty dishrag. I am the best that ever was or will ever be.

thermal15
  • I Shall Rise (US1)I Shall Rise (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 07.06.2014
    So I'm finally convinced this is the best player vs. player attacking/defending style. What I'm wondering is if I should use this same strategy for barbarian fortresses

This is a troll thread. Tre is a smart player I'm sure he doesn't actually think a commander with no troop strength value is the strongest possible. Pretty obvious since by the very definition of such a commander it's not very good at getting over the walls and even worse in the keep.

Inb4 tre says he's dead serious and this isn't a troll thread, and calls me an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Shall Rise @ usa 1

I vehemently detest the spy report update. Give us back our tool numbers on towers.
    edited 07.06.2014
    I'm dead serious, this isn't a troll thread, you're an idiot.
    Potato Crew
    Long live MISC
  • AestheticusAestheticus Posts: 344
    edited 07.06.2014
    This is a troll thread. Tre is a smart player I'm sure he doesn't actually think a commander with no troop strength value is the strongest possible. Pretty obvious since by the very definition of such a commander it's not very good at getting over the walls and even worse in the keep.

Inb4 tre says he's dead serious and this isn't a troll thread, and calls me an idiot.

Don't need melee and range stats if you beat all 3 flanks into the keep

And this strong wall/gate/moat combo breaks walls down
    Founder of the soon-to-rise RBC Empire Alliance.
    edited 07.06.2014
    thermal15 wrote: »
    lol

D minus.

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.
    Potato Crew
    Long live MISC
  • I Shall Rise (US1)I Shall Rise (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 07.06.2014
    Don't need melee and range stats if you beat all 3 flanks into the keep

And this strong wall/gate/moat combo breaks walls down

Even if someone were to get a +30% in the keep it would do diddly squat against a 90/90 cast if they didn't have troop values on their commander. Since the whole reason the +30% is so valuable is it gives a bonus on your troops strength. I.E. exactly what a good commander would do only at a fraction of the value that commander could add. So why not save the hastle and just have a 90r or 90/90 and give yourself three times what you would get by taking the walls without it to start with? At least then you can match your opponents castellan, and then work on securing the additional bonus in the keep.

Of course you already know all this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Shall Rise @ usa 1

I vehemently detest the spy report update. Give us back our tool numbers on towers.
  • mayankrulemayankrule Posts: 297
    edited 07.06.2014
    This is not Photoshoped.
    This can happen.
    Its so easy to this
    That too when you run only into a 1000 defenders.
    Its easy to beat.
    Mayankrule @ International 1 or WWW1

Fire @ Aus1
  • mayankrulemayankrule Posts: 297
    edited 07.06.2014
    This is not Photoshoped.
    This can happen.
    Its so easy to this
    That too when you run only into a 1000 defenders.
    Its easy to beat.
    Mayankrule @ International 1 or WWW1

Fire @ Aus1
  • AzulamanarAzulamanar Posts: 8
    edited 11.06.2014
    Really?? THIS IS A JOKE! For your information, I used this formation before rethinking my strategy, it is ineffective believe me. A 90% ranged commander combined with mantlets is EPIC...forget the moat and all, when you attack the right or left flank, you need to battle three things - wall, moat and equipment bonus when you are only provided with just two slots.. Disregard the moat, it is not really effective against a 90% commander, mantlets and ladders in the right proportion. Imagine what a 100% reduction with mantlets will do against a castellan with no equipment bonus on ranged defenders but only equipment bonus on walls, THEY ARE AS GOOD AS DEAD!! and my ladders can handle the job against the crappy melee defenders with no bonus...

Attachment not found.

Two waves of non-ruby tools, 1 wave of banners and 1 wave of melee soldiers with no tools and 87% ranged bonus commander wreck that havoc against a ruby player...
    Azulamanar @ en 1
  • deathsweeper (US1)deathsweeper (US1) Posts: 2,251
    edited 13.06.2014
    Melee/ranged is more important. if your really working for that +30% just get 3 times that like I shall Rise said. Of course its good to have wall/gate/moat but melee/ranged is more important. The walls aren't as important as the keep. The walls may have 500 troops but the keep has thousands of troops.
    For My Suggestion Thread Go Here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?122041-Lots-of-Great-Suggestions&p=1424338#post1424338

Deathsweeper at USA1! Founder and Co-leader of Vae Victis!!
    edited 19.06.2014
    tresiel wrote: »
    Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

Well get ready for the sequel!

Rise is right. Or closest to it at least.
    Think fast, Hippie!

thermal15

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file