Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Unfair equipment?

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
It has come to my attention that certain players are being given equipment that is not available in the game.

We are talking about 90 melee/90 ranged/90 gate/120 wall/80 moat/70 early attack castellans AND 90 melee/90 ranged/80 speed/70 detect/120 wall/80 moat commanders.

I have been informed that these items are being offered only to the biggest spenders in the game, giving them a massive advantage over everyone else.

Can GGS please confirm whether this is the case, and let us know how it will be possible for the rest of us to somehow obtain equipment that even comes close to what is being offered to the ruby whales?

Now, everyone understands the meaning of advantage, but it seems this is a game breaker to me, as it is impossible for anyone to obtain items with these attributes, ever, even by spending rubies.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• Nako067 (US1)Nako067 (US1) Posts: 1,851
    edited 31.03.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    It has come to my attention that certain players are being given equipment that is not available in the game.

We are talking about 90 melee/90 ranged/90 gate/120 wall/80 moat/70 early attack castellans AND 90 melee/90 ranged/80 speed/70 detect/120 wall/80 moat commanders.

I have been informed that these items are being offered only to the biggest spenders in the game, giving them a massive advantage over everyone else.

Can GGS please confirm whether this is the case, and let us know how it will be possible for the rest of us to somehow obtain equipment that even comes close to what is being offered to the ruby whales?

Now, everyone understands the meaning of advantage, but it seems this is a game breaker to me, as it is impossible for anyone to obtain items with these attributes, ever, even by spending rubies.

I got a treasure trove the other day, and it was offering me insanely great equipment for rubies. I dont think it is possible to get a 90 melee/90 ranged/90 gate/120 wall/80 moat/70 early attack. Your info. may be wrong.
    Nako067 @ USA1

Ultimate Fame on Xbox and Xbox1

Forum record 62 posts in a row.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?110007-Spam&p=1296267#post1296267

original.jpg?w=128&h=128

What a save by Jimmy Howard #35
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 31.03.2014
    I warned them about eating that genetically-modified food.
  • edited 31.03.2014
    YES! That IS Impossible!

You are talking about 6 max. bonouses for castelans. THAT means 2 pieces cover 3 things AND 1 piece gives 1 and a half of the full.

Okay so each equipment gives 3 bonouses. 2 are its main & one is its half thing.

HAVE you ever seen a legendary piece with 90 melee 45 ranged? Thats only one piece. This piece should be like-
    Legendary equipment of the ruby whales+16

- melee strength- 45
    -ranged strength 45
    -melee strength-45

have you EVER seen something like THIS?

I haven't!

Change this,GGE!
    Asia 1/ United Forces
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 31.03.2014
    Nako067 wrote: »
    I got a treasure trove the other day, and it was offering me insanely great equipment for rubies. I dont think it is possible to get a 90 melee/90 ranged/90 gate/120 wall/80 moat/70 early attack. Your info. may be wrong.

My info seems to be legit. I have been informed that this equipment is being offered to the super ruby whales as a thank you.

This is not equipment available to buy in the game, but being offered directly to players by some other means as far as I know.

I have screenshots, but as we all know, you're not allowed to post them on the forum.
    It's been a while.....

• PraesentyaPraesentya Posts: 1,685
    edited 31.03.2014
    Baldrick's info is legit.

Yesterday I saw a commander with the exact qualities you just described. Today Tresiel posted a Castellan piece which was just as good, same qualities, juts reversed to mimick a castellan instead.

I'd also like confirmation.
    Praesentya @ 'Murica1
  • edited 31.03.2014
    This IS cheating!

Not fair.
    Asia 1/ United Forces
  • RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 31.03.2014
    I hate to say it, but this is what looks like the death knell of the game. Other games I have played normally died shortly after the devs started offering huge bonuses that were only available to a few, and couldn't be earned in game.

RIP GG Empire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 647
    edited 31.03.2014
    Nako067 wrote: »

iszpjjh.png

You sure? (PS that's from my own spy rep, so I wasn't fed a photoshopped joke)
    fujiwara @ en 1

Author of the Empire alliance management studio web app - contact me if you want to try it out

invpng
    edited 31.03.2014
    fujiwara wrote: »
    iszpjjh.png

You sure?

All of a sudden, my seven 90/90 castellans, my five 90/90, and four 80 speed commanders all look like crap.
    It's been a while.....

• NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 31.03.2014
    If a moderator actually posts on this thread, I'll be pleasantly surprised I'm sure until I read their "We cannot confirm this to be true" or "These advantages are for the players who help fund this game."

If Baldrick (no offense) isn't getting these offers with all the rubies he must buy... WHO DOES???
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 31.03.2014
    iszpjjh.png

Holy guacamole! We really need to this looked at.
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 31.03.2014
    iszpjjh.png

Moderator: "This is not a bug or an unfair offer. It's still not a perfect castellan. See? It's missing +2% wall protection!"
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 31.03.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    All of a sudden, my seven 90/90 castellans, my five 90/90, and four 80 speed commanders all look like crap.

I'd say worse than that, turdnips is more like it.
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • PraesentyaPraesentya Posts: 1,685
    edited 31.03.2014
    Praesentya @ 'Murica1
  • ranger will1 (US1)ranger will1 (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 31.03.2014
    well i think it is possible..... GGE used to give out amazing pieces of equipment back in the day. then too many level 70s got 90/90s so they stopped giving out..... if som1 had amazing stuff maxed out.... maybe unique from events who knows whats possible....
    [SIGPIC]
    [/SIGPIC]

i dont care that you get tons of glory from attacking noobs that just means you buy a ton of rubies. who cares that you know how to attack and the alliance was ldiotic enough to support, haha look at my glory ^
  • I Shall Rise (US1)I Shall Rise (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 31.03.2014
    I can add another +1 to the list, was shown a commander and a castellan the other day with the unique eq in question and they indeed have the potential when maxed to match what baldrick posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Shall Rise @ usa 1

I vehemently detest the spy report update. Give us back our tool numbers on towers.
  • fujiwara (GB1)fujiwara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 647
    edited 31.03.2014
    I've always enjoyed games of skill, it's why I like Chess. I paid for a premium ticket to my last tournament, and I couldn't work out my opponent's complaints at all

upW9bB1.png
    fujiwara @ en 1

Author of the Empire alliance management studio web app - contact me if you want to try it out

invpng
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 31.03.2014
    I got a GGS chess set, and the pawns can move like queens. :D

Just Kidding, everybody -there is no such chess set!
    edited 31.03.2014
    Anyone recognise these?

http://prntscr.com/35cktm
    It's been a while.....

• Giselle3Giselle3 Posts: 243
    edited 31.03.2014
    Offering long-gone players 1 and 2 million rubies to return to the game.... giving whales completely out of scope equipment to keep them buying... bribing all players to vote for them in a silly awards ceremony?

I'd say they are desperate for more influx of hard cash, but that would get my post deleted...

So I won't say that.
    Giselle @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file