We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

RPG: Assassins War

InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
edited 03.02.2015 in Off Topic
A band of Sanolian assassins live deep in the wild woods of Tael, where they strive to survive with the Tael guards of the palace after them. The assassins have managed to survive without their camp dscovered for many decades, and still am.
All you have to do in this RPG is make up a character of either a Tael palace guard, or an assassin to join the band.
Tael palace guards have their job of hunting down the Sanolians which have been their enemy for around a century.
Sanolian assassins would try to stay alive and try to keep from getting caught by Tael palace guards.
You don't have to keep it even, you can choose either, and most of all, have fun. I myself will be playing the role of an assassin, so let's start!

Edit: Due to several problems along the RPG, I have decided to add a few rules.
First, this rule falls into the category of the most important rule . . . EVER!
You must use proper grammar.
You cannot straight on kill another character, and you cannot post an overpowered story (For example, deathsweeper's post on page 7 where he decided to nuke the world.) that completely ruins the storyline, as other people will then have a right to ignore the post.
If you want to join, but have no idea what's going on, first, read the past twenty posts to get a fair idea of what is happening, then I would advise you to introduce your character.
If you have any problems, or a fight breaks out (example, page 5), ask me or Aidan (as he did a good job on the last fight that happened).
Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
@en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
Post edited by InsaneDuckling (GB1) on

Comments

• Sirlancelot2020Sirlancelot2020 Posts: 8,782
    edited 30.03.2014
    Your Grandpa is an Assassin.
    Now,I need a name.Maybe...could it be...TIM?!?
    biwzem.jpg
    #Thedreamliveson
    (╯°□°)╯︵http://dragcave.net/user/Sirlancelot2020
  • InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 30.03.2014
    Just do whatever. You gonna be assassin or guard? Hoping this keeps up longer than my previous one. :D . Now I'm making up my character.
    Archana, Selonia assassin and ranger.
    Good with a bow and arrow, and a knife.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
    edited 30.03.2014
    I am gonna be Elrohir,assassin,pirate,real man of the sea.
    Swords,throwing knives,and wit are my weapons.I also have a VERY VERY special pirate hat.It's mine.MINE.:D
    biwzem.jpg
    #Thedreamliveson
    edited 30.03.2014
    O-K then... Let's start...
    I go to the creek near the edge of the clearing with several other assassins to greet a new group of assassins joining our band. Staying near the shadows of the trees, we scan the woods for several minutes before hearing some silent footsteps and horse trodding coming towards us.

• Sir CheesiusSir Cheesius Posts: 214
    edited 04.05.2014
    I think i ill attempt to get this rp started again.

I am Captain Tomas, a Tael officer, i have a rapier and can use it expertly and have killed many, many assasins. I got word from my spy that there was a meeting, and so are in the forest with 5 other soldiers, with some others acting as decoys. I see a creek.
    11.jpg

I am a knight of the round cheese board. So far we only have one member, but we are looking for grapes wine and others!
    edited 05.05.2014
    I land on the edge of town,a port.I disguised my ship to look like a merchant's boat.I called a guard over.
    "Excuse me good sir,I suspect my boat has a leak,could you help me find it?"
    "Ah.Very well."
    I take the man to my ship,where I kill him.I dump him off the edge.
    "Sorry mates.He was a bit seasick."
    biwzem.jpg
    #Thedreamliveson
  • qetzel threyja (US1)qetzel threyja (US1) Posts: 2,063
    edited 05.05.2014
    im going to jump in on this rpg.
    I am Bellona. I am very skilled with a bow and have been using one all my life so that I can now hit with amazing accuracy. I am an assassin. I will do any killing job for the right amount of money, and have been for years. but I work alone mostly with a few exceptions. I only come into town every few weeks as there is a very big price on my head, and only to meet with my customers. I have a friend that works at a pub, he deals with all sorts and finds me work often. In fact, he told me that he had a strange crowd in there yesterday, who talked about assassins and guards. sounds like only another Sanolian assassin group, most times there are at least two of them, but he told me this was a group of six. if there is anything that bothers me it is other assassins intruding on my territory. he told me they walked off into the woods somewhere near the creek. I grab my bow, sling it over my back and set off into the woods.
    qetzel threyja @ usa 1
    My friends call me Q or qetzel but whatever is fine.
    Despite what my title says, I am no longer level 45.
    22.jpg
    78% insane.
    please check out my city :)
    http://qetzel.myminicity.com/
    http://qetzel.myminicity.com/ind
    http://qetzel.myminicity.com/tra

Sometimes silence is worse than any sound.

5, 6, 7, 15, 16, 17, 18, 23
    edited 05.05.2014
    I see the assassins meeting, give the signal for the other group of soldiers to attack them, and wait for the assassins to run into my group of soldiers. However, I hear a faint sound of somebody walking coming from behind my group and send a soldier to investigate the noise.
    11.jpg

I am a knight of the round cheese board. So far we only have one member, but we are looking for grapes wine and others!
    edited 05.05.2014
    I think i ill attempt to get this rp started again.

I am Captain Tomas, a Tael officer, i have a rapier and can use it expertly and have killed many, many assasins. I got word from my spy that there was a meeting, and so are in the forest with 5 other soldiers, with some others acting as decoys. I see a creek.

No, no no no no no. You can't just say you found our camp. That's kind of cheating... Can't believe I forgot to put that in the rules! *Facepalm*

Peeking around, I see several hooded figures on horses riding towards our camp.
    'Must be the new recruits...' I mutter. I climb up a tree quickly and look down at the company, and then at the other rangers around me. 'Come,' I whisper to the others. 'Shall we give them our specual welcome?...'
    'My pleasure.' Says a friend next to me who was my secomd-in-command.
    Grinning, I say to him again. 'Yes, I hope they're up to scratch.' And without waiting for a reply, I leap down in front of them and the others around the band.
    'Ahhh... Our new recruits!' I say to them. 'Welcome!'
    'Greetings. We hope to be a member of your little... Band.' the assassin at the front said.
    'Yes... But we are going to have to run a few trials to see if you're up to scratch. Come with us...' I say, before leading them towards the base.

edited 05.05.2014
    graceL.H.E wrote: »
    No, no no no no no. You can't just say you found our camp. That's kind of cheating... Can't believe I forgot to put that in the rules! *Facepalm*

I had a spy, is it still against the rules?
    11.jpg

edited 05.05.2014
    I had a spy, is it still against the rules?

No, unless he comes running over to you and tell you where we are... Coz you can't just kiterally come running in here and start killing us...

I walk on foot towards the camp while keeping an eye on the new recruits.
    'I'll keep an eye on them.' my second-in-command whispered over at me. 'We have to make sure they aren't spies.'
    'Yes, I agree.' I hiss back, making sure the recruits weren't listening. 'We can't risk being found.'
    'We should place them near the center of the camp. A better way to keep an eye on them.'
    Smiling at his suggestions, I make up my mind to agree with this idea. 'Yes, of course. It would make it much easier.'
    We continue walking and finally arrive at our camp. I show them their cabins and leave them to their own devices before going off again to do a perimeter search; a part of our regular basis.
    I stock my quiver of arrows, sling my bow around my shoulder and placed a dagger on my belt, hiding it under my dull green cloak. I then headed outside to find my second-in-command waiting for me outside.
    'I assume you want to tag along?' I say, laughing.
    'No, the other ranger who was supposed to come with you have recently got injured by a Tael guard. He just managed to escape.' He said seriously.
    'Oh... Well, we're just going to hope for his recovery then...' I say. I signalled for the second-in-command to follow, and take off into the trees scanning the forests.

Erm... Qetzel, you mind if we bump into you while we're doing the 'scan'?...

edited 05.05.2014
    Okay we'll just say that it was a regular patrol.

I come across some tracks beside small stream. I lost them again, but it is clear from the obvious stealth that the assassins have been here. There is nothing else to be found so head back to my troops. One of them tells me that he found a Sanolian, who only just got away. I give the order to double patrols in the area and we return to the palace.
    11.jpg

edited 05.05.2014
    However, I hear a faint sound of somebody walking coming from behind my group and send a soldier to investigate the noise.
    both of you cant find me at the same time.
    I hear a solider on horseback coming nosily down the road. I quickly run into the woods and take aim with my bow. I hit the solider in the chest and then in the neck in quick succession. his horse rears up and runs off down the road, away from the direction it came. the solider lies dead on the ground and I can clearly see it is a Tael palace guard. he has a knife and a short sword, my knife is getting dull so I take his. I pull out my arrows and head off the road into the woods and carefully watch the path looking for more soldiers. when they are close enough to hear I head off into the woods. up ahead I hear some voices. I cannot go back because of the soilders, and I think a band of assassins up ahead. assassins might not kill me but none of them take to intruders very kindly, so I have no real hope of that. I look around desperately. I sling my bow on my back and run to the tree with the lowest branches and climb up just before I see a patrol come into the clearing. I quietly climb upwards and draw my bow.
    qetzel threyja @ usa 1
    22.jpg
    78% insane.

edited 06.05.2014
    Ahh? Who says we don't take kindly to intruders? Well... Palace guards maybe... But other than that we welcome other assassins! ;)

I bound up a tree and sat in one of the broader branches and watch a clearing in silence. I could hear my second-in-command Callum {Look! I got a name for him! :p} silently clambering up the tree behind me.
    'No-one here...' I whisper to him once he caught up.
    'Let's move on, then...' he mutters back.
    I climb up to one of the top branches and leap onto another tree in silence, with Callum following me. Once again, I could see no-one, and we moved on.
    Suddenly, hearing a rustle in the distance when about to move on, I turn my head around to see a Tael guard on a horse scanning th forests.
    'Shhh!' I hushed Callum who appeared behind my back after getting back from scanning another area. I pointed to the Tael guard and his questioning expression turned serious.
    'Get behind the trunk.' he hissed in my ear.
    'We have to take him out. We have to take no second chances. He may have saw us.' I whisper back moving back behind the trunk of the tree.
    'Lead him away?'
    'Yes, we have to play tactical now.' I say winking. I jumped down to a lower tree and then onto the ground lightly before sneaking up to a bush near the guard. A few seconds later, I spotted Callum looking around a large tree.
    'Follows me everywhere.' I sigh to myself, then I jump up and run away from the guard in the opposite direction from the camp. The Tael guard noticed and turned his horse around and started chasing me, and a few seconds later, Callum caught up and joined the chase.
    'Get to the camp!' he said loudly pretending we were running towards the camp.
    'No! Lead them away! Turn right next fork. Go towards the town!' I shout back playing along.
    Aware of the guard's speed, I knew we couldn't keep this up for long.

edited 06.05.2014
    Hey Grace you mind if I find you?
    biwzem.jpg
    #Thedreamliveson
    edited 06.05.2014
    Grace, just out of interest, is the palace in the forest or out of it?

I find a report on my desk saying that 12 soldiers have been killed. I curse and mutter under my breath, "this can't go on..."
    11.jpg

edited 07.05.2014
    the patrol goes past my tree. there is a guard nearby, and I suddenly realize, while practically invisible from below I am in plain sight of the guard. he looks up and see me at about the same time I realize this. swearing, I turn my bow towards him and aim through the branches. he sees, and gallops on his horse towards me, so that I can no longer hit him through the branches. the horse stops suddenly and I let my arrow fly. straight and true, it hits home right in the eye, and he slumps over instantly, dead. only then do I see the reason the horse had stopped. the patrol of assassins is standing in front of the horse, and were about to attack it. they slowly look up retracing the arrow's path. their eyes find me, standing in the tree, unable to run or hide any longer.
    qetzel threyja @ usa 1
    22.jpg
    78% insane.

edited 07.05.2014
    I make my way towards the center of town.Some guards get suspicious and follow me.I go into an allyway to dispach them.I call out to one
    "Hey half-wit,I bet you can't come get me!"
    Out of rage he charges me and I use the chance to stab him through the neck.
    "Hey lads,I'll call your friend Egg.Cause he went over-easy."
    This sets the second guard off and I kill him the same way.
    I then throw a knife at the ankle of the third man,and another at his head.
    "Three down."
    biwzem.jpg
    #Thedreamliveson
  • NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 07.05.2014
    Suddenly, a man with an ax, a four-inch black beard, and a tuft of black hair on a reddish worn head walks into the clearing. He wears the normal forest attire of the woodcutters, citizens of Tael. His eyes widen as he sees the assassins, and a knife is in his chest before he can cry out.

"Papa!" a small voice cries out, nearly squeaking with agonized strain. A young boy no more than 6 runs out on small legs and pounces on the man, whose cloak is rapidly turning red. The woodcutter whispers something to the boy, who appears to be his son, and a moment later goes still.

The boy continues to sob, until at once he picks up the ax and flings it at the assassin that killed his father. Deflecting the projectile with pathetic ease, he shoots and arrow at the boy's eye, still filled with tears, and with a yelp, he falls to the ground and goes still as well. The assassin walks over and prods the two with the end of his shoe. "Dead," he announces.

Long after many feet had trampled over the two bodies, one of them begins to stir again. It is the boy, who barely manages a groan as he attempts to rise. As he falls back down, his head hits a rock, and the arrow is yanked out of his eye, causing him to double over, nearly blacking out in intense, unimaginable pain. Then, nothing.

All at once, the agony stopped in the boy. He no longer felt the pain of the wound, but that was not all. He felt not the wind through his hair, or the sun on his face, or the grass under his feet. He felt... nothing. It would be a long time before he felt anything again.

Stooping over his father, he remembered his last words to him: "My son, I love you. I love you so much. No matter what happens to me, promise me something. Never become like them... or the guards of Tael. They are evil... they kill... promise me..."

There was nowhere for him to go. The city? He had no-one to take care of him. The villages? He knew not where to go. That left only one option.

"Goodbye, Father," Michael said, and grabbing his father's ax with white knuckles, he ran off into the forest, into the night.
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
    edited 07.05.2014
    Grace, just out of interest, is the palace in the forest or out of it?

I find a report on my desk saying that 12 soldiers have been killed. I curse and mutter under my breath, "this can't go on..."

Outside. The forest is just where the assassin's base is.
    Hey Grace you mind if I find you?

Sure. I'll just run over to the city then?

I race through the forest and dodge the trees and bushes around. Suddenly I find a clearing and realise it is the city of Tael.
    'Let's go find have some target practice.' I say winking to Callum. I turn around and find the guard in view with his crossbow raised. 'Oh dear...' I mutter.
    I raise my bow and aim at his exposed neck, and then shoot. I continue running and had just realized he had aimed at my chest right after I had aimed at him. I turn around to dodge to the right but the bolt crosses past my left arm and cuts a deep wound into it.
    Wincing, I continue running before Callum stops me and points to the guard behind us. My arrow had succeeded on hitting it's mark and the guard's neck was covered with blood running down to his armour.
    'Thank goodness...' I mutter only just realizing we were on the outskirts of Tael. Sighing with relief, I walk over to a nearby tree and lean against it, inspecting my wound.
    'Are you alright?' I heard Callum whisper to me.
    'Yes, I'm fine.'I reply untruthfully. 'Come on, help me find somewhere to get this attended to.'
    We set off, exploring the city with our hoods down and our weapons hidden. This way we would only seem like normal rangers looking for medical attention, and only other assassins would recognise us. Once or twice, we passed through a Tael palace guard, but our tactic worked and we stayed as rangers.

Sign In to comment.