Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Alternative method to "buy" rubies

Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
Firstly, I have read the sticky on what not to suggest but I do feel that this sits outside of this list.

I wonder if it would be possible for players to earn rubies by viewing adverts. I don't want to suggest an exact figure but maybe a limit of 5 videos a day for 50-100 rubies each?

Many other mobile games include a feature where the player can go to a separate menu in order to voluntarily watch adverts in order to gain tokens which are normally paid for. By having a menu discreetly in the settings tab, for example, it doesn't have to intrude on the game play either. There could easily be restrictions put on the video so that rubies would only ever be earned from playing the advert in its entirety.

Non-ruby players have a chance to earn a few extra rubies in order to do things like speed up the occasional build, donate to their alliance or even save up for that all important ruby building!

Ruby buyers would not be at a disadvantage either as they can earn ruby top-ups using the same method and I am certainly not suggesting this feature would ever completely replace purchasing rubies.

GGE would not be disadvantaged as it would be a new revenue stream, using advertising in a non-intrusive and highly targeted way.
Chris2307 @ en 1
Post edited by Chris2307 (GB1) on

Comments

• lionidas2lionidas2 Posts: 576
    edited 01.03.2014
    i like this idea
    "Don't think of yourself as an uglly person, think of yourself as a beautiful monkey"

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141772-the-story-of-a-gallant-warrior
  • LIAMTHESUCCESORLIAMTHESUCCESOR Posts: 1
    edited 01.03.2014
    good idea xept 50 to 100 is a bit big maybe 25 75 i think 60 rubys for watching an ad suffices
    LIAMTHESUCCESOR @ en 1
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 01.03.2014
    This is an interesting idea that I think has been suggested before. I can't remember if this was shot down or whatever but I think if it was only a small amount of rubies it would be good.
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
  • Croix316 (US1)Croix316 (US1) Posts: 387
    edited 01.03.2014
    And ggs would make money by having other companies pay them for putting their ads on the game
    Proud member of Golden Neph
  • edited 01.03.2014
    Why not get rubies for blooooodddd muhhahahahahah
    Dave the Great7 @ usa 1
  • ARSLAN13ARSLAN13 Posts: 178
    edited 01.03.2014
    Yes they can get companies to post their adverts here and we will watch it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prince Level 50 Honor 2473

Proud to be a General of Team Dark Legion
  • funnypanda6110 (US1)funnypanda6110 (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    edited 01.03.2014
    Good idea GG gets money from companies and we get more rubies
    funnypanda6110 @ usa 1
  • bobbysbrobobbysbro Posts: 1,265
    edited 01.03.2014
    I like this idea
    Level 70
    Bobbysbro @ world 1

#SAVE INTER1

#KILLBUGSSTOPUPDATES

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • Hunts4Hunts4 Posts: 43
    edited 01.03.2014
    This sounds like a really good Idea, but I think GG would never do it unless it was less than 50 rubies for every 30 seconds of advertisements. And yes, this would create a good amount of profit for GGE also, so I think it actually has a chance of being implemented, unlike almost all of the other suggestions from everybody.
    Q: Who was the fattest man of the Nights of the Round Table?
    A: Sir cumference
    Q: Why?
    A: Because he had to much Pi!

:D I got more than 1,000 rubies in 12 hours without buying! :p
  • DemonSage (US1)DemonSage (US1) Posts: 1,392
    edited 01.03.2014
    yup it sounds like a nice idea.
    Proud leader of:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#1 Anti-Forum Fan of Aidan952 and voted best Arc-Nemesis for 2013-2014. Yeah, you can call me awesome.
    Please help expand our free GGE Encyclopedia by editing or adding a few pages, it's a privilege really:
    http://goodgameempire.wikia.com/wiki/Goodgame_Empire
    #TheDreamLivesOn @ Canada 1
  • blabbyblabby Posts: 564
    edited 01.03.2014
    I suggested an idea like this before, and it was shot down.

I still think its a great idea though, thanks for bring it back.
    Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn
    Blabby @ WWW 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • qazs2qazs2 Posts: 4,141
    edited 01.03.2014
    Lets see if GGE will be money hungry enough to go for this I mean it is out of the way and most people won't notice it until like a quest to watch it or something is good. GGE would get money and we get some rubies, like at least 25 for am ad. I like the idea. Lets keep this up.
    qazs @ usa 1

Name? Creatures? Bees?

Oranges?

Wrong place for any of those.

If there is ever a problem, issue, or just need advice I be more than happy to help just PM me.
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 01.03.2014
    Am glad lots of other people agree.

To clarify as well though, I too see this as being a small amount of rubies with a maximum limit of how many times you can watch an advert per day.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Hunts4Hunts4 Posts: 43
    edited 02.03.2014
    Chris2307,
    create a survey. Go to the top of the page and click on "thread tools" then click on "poll" and create the survey! c'mon... Lets get some voting done!
    Q: Who was the fattest man of the Nights of the Round Table?
    A: Sir cumference
    Q: Why?
    A: Because he had to much Pi!

:D I got more than 1,000 rubies in 12 hours without buying! :p
  • the desroyer (GB1)the desroyer (GB1) Posts: 103
    edited 02.03.2014
    awesome idea MSG a CM and tell them.wooooooo
    10.jpg
  • Billy962Billy962 Posts: 7,420
    edited 02.03.2014
    awesome idea MSG a CM and tell them.wooooooo

CMs say they won't post about an idea unless they feel it was developed enough. Contacting them now, they would probably just
    A: Shoot this idea down
    B: Not post on this thread

To the idea:
    No, GGE doesn't want to give away more rubies daily. They already give away from towers, certain events, daily chests, etc.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?82159-FAQs&p=951186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.
    Billy, I will crack you.

R.I.P. in peace Billy962, King of the forums ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TM
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 02.03.2014
    Billy962 wrote: »
    CMs say they won't post about an idea unless they feel it was developed enough. Contacting them now, they would probably just
    A: Shoot this idea down
    B: Not post on this thread

To the idea:
    No, GGE doesn't want to give away more rubies daily. They already give away from towers, certain events, daily chests, etc.

It's not really giving it away it is more like other companies buying the rubies for us.
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 02.03.2014
    Well, I'm not sure if GGE is big enough for companies to want to invest in it.
  • qazs2qazs2 Posts: 4,141
    edited 02.03.2014
    true but ggs is international it be quick to spread the word around
    qazs @ usa 1

Name? Creatures? Bees?

Oranges?

Wrong place for any of those.

If there is ever a problem, issue, or just need advice I be more than happy to help just PM me.
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 02.03.2014
    yes, hanzolo, GGE is big enough.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file