Home Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

RPG: The Kingdoms of Lharr

Comments

• Shadowstep IIIShadowstep III Posts: 1,314
    edited 22.02.2014
    graceL.H.E wrote: »
    Watching my brother scribble a note, then rolled it up, he passed it to a messenger, and sent him off with a group of guards to find the Prince.
    'Brother, let me see that note.' I requested. Darkscythe handed it to me looking curious.
    'Why?' he asked as I scanned the pages of the note.
    The page of the scroll read;
    To Darkscythe and his sister Merida,
    As I have already consulted you, and have already requested an meeting with you, I hope that you understand, that this shall be extremely important, as I wish to recruit both you and your sister into the Uithdain, to unite together to destroy this souless evil.
    I am hoping that such wise rulers as you and your sister are, you would join us and together destroy the source of the evil. Redhall has already joined, of course, but we need to four kingdoms to unite and find peace if we have any hope to terminate this plague.
    I am currently at Redhall, about to leave, and will see if Blackfyre will join the Uithdain. If not, I will come to Greystone soon, and, of course, send a messenger over.
    Thank you for your patience for this message, and I hope this has not caused any inconvenience.
    The Prince ,leader of the Uithdain.

'A note huh.' I whispered under my breath. Signalling my brother forward, I told him.
    'He's about to leave Redhall, to go to Blackfyre, then he's apparently coming to us, then Winterhold?' I shake my head. 'We are the smallest kingdom, yet he's going to Winterhold last...' I finish off suspicious.

(I'm not uniting the countries, I'm uniting fierce warriors. To ask the provinces to submit their armies would be foolish, they'd end up fighting amongst themselves, then how would we face this evil? I instead have invited several (50-200) extremely talented warriors who can hold their ground against thousands).
    Firmly grasp it.
  • Tux (AU1)Tux (AU1) Posts: 5,237
    edited 22.02.2014
    Hey. I'm a paladin!
    Part of something as Tux
    Proud Warzoner.....Warzone 2100...
    I use Linux!

Proud Crown Prince Paladin of The Alliance Imperium

Tux101 @ Canada1 #TheDreamLivesOn! Seriously. MAKE ONE
    Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
  • InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 22.02.2014
    Oh ok then. Change it however you like.
    I get out of the bed and follow Darkscythe to the research tower.
    'Where are we going?' i ask him curiously.
    'Let's do some research on the Uithdain.' he replies mysteriously.
    'the Uithdain. Right...' I muttered under my breath. 'Why?'
    'I dunno...' he says. 'You said you didn't trust them.'
    ' Then let's get out friend from Winterhold to do it for us!' I exclaim suddenly.
    'Sir Damien?' Darkscythe asks with one eye raised.
    'Yeah! He's our father, best friend's cousin remember?'
    'Um...'
    'Come on, we're friends with Damien. We can trust him!'
    'Fine, but,'
    'Hey, I am still injured remember? I don't wanna sit in the research tower all day and flick through books!'
    'Ok, ok, I get it, just'
    'Yeah what?'
    'Just make sure you don't tell him with our meeting with the Prince.' Darkscythe said.
    'Why not? We can tell him that the Prince wants to see the Lord of his castle to join the Uithdain.' I snap back.
    'The Prince will tell them anyway.' Darkscythe said patiently.
    'I'm going to visit him.' I say suddenly.
    'WHAT?'
    'Juliet!' I yell for my servant. The maiden rushed down the research tower where I let her sleep in my study.
    'yes ma'am?' She says obediently.
    'Prepare my horse, and some supplies please. And get my cloak.' I say to her, and instantly, she rushes off.
    'Y-You can't be serious.' Darkscythe says.
    'I always am.' I say smiling at him.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
    edited 22.02.2014
    As I ride i sense there is someone looking for me......
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 22.02.2014
    I haven't left yet, Tux.
    i 'borrow' 20 of my finest soldiers, and together, while leaving Darkscythe in charge at Stonetower, we head off for Winterhold. 10 of my soldiers were on horses, 4 were on foot, 6 were dragging the 2 carts of rescources, to give to the Lord of Winterhold, and for our supplies. And two more horses were to carry two messengers, just in case.
    it would've probably taken 2-3 days to get there, so we had to be patient.
    'How long will this take, Ma-am?' my second in command asks.
    '2-3 days in general.' I reply ducking under a branch. 'This will take a while, but we should be back at Greystone in 2 weeks maximum.'
    Travelling for an hour, without talking, the soldiers on foot and dragging the carts soon got tired. We weren't going very fast, more of a reasonable pace, but I told the 10 soldiers on horses to swap jobs with the 10 soldiers on foot.
    'We will reach the border of Greystone, probably tomorrow afternoon.' I say while scanning the map that Darkscythe had given me. 'not to worry, if everything goes well, we will be back in greystone in a week.'
    And we go on...
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
    edited 22.02.2014
    Coming in to the camp I realise we need to cross some mountains. Actually not some mountains THE mountain. It is said that this mountain (which will not be named) feature huge rivers as wide as lakes, monsters of the deep and worse of all a guardian guarding the secret to immortality. Don't even think about it guys....
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 22.02.2014
    Think about what? I thought you were on a mission to sabotage Redhall.
    Anyway,
    Night fell, and me and the soldiers could barely find our way around the forest of Greystone. I lit my oil lantern and held it up, as several other small glints of light appeared around me. But soon, darkness overpowered us, and the lamps went out without any fuel left. We had to stop and start setting up our camp.
    The servants we brought with us, helped put up the the tents, as the soldiers went to look for firewood. They soon returned, and there was soon a bright crackling fire in front of us, where we were toasting bread for supper. The soldiers soon got full, and sleepily crawled into the tents, leaving me to pack everything up and guard the clearing.
    Lazybones..., I thought to myself, and accidently let out a small giggle.
    The clearing soon was filled with soft snoring, and I started to feel tired. Sitting down on a small log, I set my bow down and stared into the smouldering fire.
    It would get colder as we headed up north, but luckily we came prepared, and brought thick coats, and scarves and winter gloves.
    I pulled my dark green cloak over my neck, and drew the hood over my head. My shoulder was covered in bandages, and my face felt oily from all the different ointments to treat the scratches.
    A rustling sound turned my attention to a clump of bushes behind me. Instinctively, I jumped up, grabbed my bow, and aimed an arrow at the bushes, but not shooting yet.
    Another rustling sound came, and I was about to let the arrow loose, before someone spoke out loud:
    'Mistress! Don't shoot!' said a familiar voice. A small figure wearing a navy blue cloak emerged from behind a tree.
    'Juliet?' I exclaimed, lowering my bow. The figure pulled down her hood.
    'I'm sorry Mistress!' she wailed. 'I wanted to stay, but I had to come!'
    'Why?' I ask, gesturing for her to come and sit down with me. 'I thought I told you to stay and do what Darkscythe wants!'
    Juliet sat down in front of me on the dirt, and dropped a bag of supplies in front of her. 'He told me to follow you.' she replied quietly.
    I frowned. 'I know he's protective of me, but this is ridiculous!' I look at Juliet. 'Now that you are here, you might as well join us.'
    Giving her some food, we talked until very late into the evening where we got some soldiers to keep watch.

edited 22.02.2014
    Acutally the prince of grey wind 'caught' my team and sent the rest of them home while he gets me to go to a hidden uthinan thingy camp.

On the way through the mountains I tell the guards stories about the mountain..they begin to get scared........
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 23.02.2014
    Lol...
    Yawning, I wake up to find myself in my tent. Light was streaming in through the opening of the tent, where Juliet was curled up in a ball with her cloak covering her. I grabbed my own cloak and put it on, and was about to grab my bow and arrows, when I heard a loud yell;
    'ATTACK!'
    I quickly grabbed my weapons, and rushed our of the tent to see 50 soldiers running down the hill wearing torn clothes, and carrying sharpened sticks, or pebble in slingshots, which were no match against my soldiers with swords, crossbows, shields and armour.
    They quickly finished them off, and only a few suffered some small scratches and bruises.
    'What was that?' I yelled at my Second in command across the clearing.
    'Bandit attack!' he yelled back. 'Happens all he time according to our spies.'
    'ok!' I replied. 'get ready to move again!'
    Luckily, none of the soldiers died, and we were soon moving again. It grew colder as we moved on, but I knew it would only get worse.

How do you guys survive it!? It's freezing!!!!

• qazs2qazs2 Posts: 4,141
    edited 23.02.2014
    At the bottom of The mountain a group of people receive a letter. "What does it say?" asked a young child. "It says that The prince, leader of Uithdain needs some of the best men to combat an dark plague that is going to wipe out the kingdoms." the leader of the group says.

One of the men frown and said "That does not sound good. It seems the plague doctors are cooking something up a gain." "Yes, gather the best men quickly. The doctors always been after our secrets we can't let them get it."

Then the grand elder oldest of them all came in. everyone bowed because he is the only living person in the family of guardians that know the secret immortal rebirth. "Bruno I want you to go and take the best man with you. I am afraid the work of Orcus is behind this." the elder said.

"Of course Great grand farther I will---" Bruno said before being interrupted. "What! I should be the one that gets to go. I am far more--" The person stopped and sat back down at the look the grand elder was giving.

"You are no where near the skill level or intellect that Bruno is. You are entrust worthy, arrogate, stupid, and you would do anything for power. Something that does not need to happen on this mission!" the elder said with so much malice all most everyone was scared.

The elder turned back to Bruno who stood almost unaffected by what happen. "Go Bruno before Orcus gets the secret." "Yes Great grand father I leave now." Bruno said quickly gathering the best soldiers (25) and left for the Uithdain Carven.
    qazs @ usa 1

Name? Creatures? Bees?

Oranges?

Wrong place for any of those.

If there is ever a problem, issue, or just need advice I be more than happy to help just PM me.
  • JackelKight (US1)JackelKight (US1) Posts: 533
    edited 23.02.2014
    Hon walks out of the council room with a mixture of triumph and disguise. Appropriate action without appropriate consent. What do those nobles think I am, a babe? No, I'm one of their generals who crush the gods know how many rebellions, seen the worse of it though constraint quests as a young member of the Uithdain an army of over a thousand of the best fighters and mages in all of Grey Wind lead by non other then the Emperor himself. Hon continue to steam as he walks down the halls. The gods know how many times I wanted to join those rebellions with only my loyalty to the emperor holding me back.

Izec is coming out of the tunnels back into the forge again, and is hit with a massive migraine, and he knows what it means. His brother fuming, again. Taking a deep calm breath Izec opens the physic connection between them.
    (Hon's thoughts )Those irritating ignorant nobles who don't know anything pass their glamour and luxuries in life. How I just want to dump horse manure on them to help them open their eyes or at less get them pay for a couple of stable boys for the other stables then their own. I'm sick of having it having to be clean by me or my men and then hearing the complaints from the nobles about the smell on us afterwards, it don't come out that easy. Izec smiles, its the usual rant. Closing the connection so he don't have to worry about his brother over hearing his thoughts Izec thinks Brother angry, only made one sword from the magnetic magma, some sort of disease that my brother can't stop thinking about more then a few minutes, this is looking like the beginning of an interesting week. Izec cringes at his own sarcasm.
    edited 23.02.2014
    Qazs, which kingdom are you going to belong to?
    I look at the map. 'No... East, west...' I murmur. The soldiers look at me.
    'Are you sure you know which way you're going?' my Second in command asks.
    'Yes! We're heading North-east!' I snap back. Tugging at my horse's reins, to make him go faster, he runs forward to keep ahead. Trudging on, the soldiers start to shiver, and draw their cloaks around themselves.
    Laughing, I start talking cheerily to keep their minds from the stinging cold.
    'Let's stop now.' I say frowning. 'There seems to be a blizzard coming our way.' I point to a thick, white cloud in the distance. The soldiers start to set up the tents, and also something for the horses.
    'Erana!' I say loudly to a messenger passing by. She stops and look at me.
    'Yes miss?' she says, looking tired.
    'I forgot to send the Lord of Winterhold a message. I need you to tell him that we are coming.'
    'Yes of course, miss. What should I say? Do I go now?'
    'Unfortunately, I need you to deliver it as quickly as possible. So yes, I need you to go now.'
    'Yes of course miss.'
    'Don't tell him that we are looking for Sir Damien. I will tell him that myself when I get there.'
    'Yes...'
    'Just tell him that we are coming, and we want a word with him.'
    'Yes, of course.'
    'I will send you some rescources, use them wisely.'
    'Thank you miss.'
    'Good luck!' I finally said, passing Erana the rescources needed for the trip.
    'Thank you. I won't let you down, Miss!' she said. Launching herself onto a horse, she took off in the direction of the city. I wave goodbye to her, and turning around, I realized that most of the soldiers had already crawled into the tents.
    Smiling, I crawl into my own tent Juliet had put up for me.

edited 23.02.2014
    A guard stops.
    "Did you hear that?"
    ^Roaring^
    "Oh crap" I say pointing to a pink thing reaching out of a lake. The tenticle starts to swing around.

*2 minutes later*

"Go! Go go go go!" The creature which was actually a giant octopus mixed with a horse is now chasing us. "
    Get onto the mountains peaks. Then we will have an advatage!"
    "How can we do that?"
    "Ok. The top of the lowest mountain" I point at a small bump on the ground.
    "Sir damien. This is not the time to be playing around."
    Only I could be funny at times like these times.
    "shoot it's brain. Through it's eyes."

Be back tommorwe morining before 8:00am
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 23.02.2014
    I go to sleep, bye bye Tux.
    Again, Juliet curls up in a tight ball in the corner, like she usually does even in front of the warm crackling fire in the research tower.
    Yawning, I grab a blanket and turn over in a comfortable position on the sleeping mat. The wind was roaring outside, the tents, and it made me feel sorry for the messeger outside.

edited 23.02.2014
    (depends Grace. Tux where is The mountain located at because my character comes from the family of guardians that protect the secret. and no my character does not know the secret to immortality)

As the group of 25 travel across The mountain they meet up with a group of soldiers that are getting chased by octo, the horse octopus. "Whoa octo, calm down everything will be all right go back to the lake." one of Bruno's soldiers said to octo. Octo went back to his lake. "Good job Elsa you are really good with animals," Bruno said to Elsa the soldier that calmed octo. Bruno turns to the group of soldiers and Damien(right?) and said with malice, "Who are you and what is your business here."
    qazs @ usa 1

Name? Creatures? Bees?

Oranges?

If there is ever a problem, issue, or just need advice I be more than happy to help just PM me.
    edited 23.02.2014
    Err...
    We are just simply travelers who wish to travel to..somewhere....
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 23.02.2014
    "Lair!," Bruno grabs Damien shirt and holds Damien close to him. "Tell me now. Where are you going." Bruno said.
    qazs @ usa 1

Name? Creatures? Bees?

Oranges?

• Shadowstep IIIShadowstep III Posts: 1,314
    edited 23.02.2014
    (I need an answer from Izec at Blackfyre, So I can travel to Greystone, then back to the Uithdain so we can start this thing. There is going to be a battle soon, like, a big scale battle, but first I must unite the Uithdain.)
    Firmly grasp it.
  • JackelKight (US1)JackelKight (US1) Posts: 533
    edited 24.02.2014
    Hon is inspecting the gate when he hears someone pounding on the other side of it. "Let me in I got a message from the prince of Grey Wind to deliver to some blacksmith named Izec." The prince wants Izec? Well it probably for his brother knighting since he is of age soon. I will worry if it was from Damien, last time he sent for Izec they ended up building some contraction that blew out the side of the research tower in Winterhold. So Hon responds "Sorry sir, can't let you in, Demon Hold and the rest of Blackfyre are shut tight for a couple of days due to the plague that been spotted not to far from here. We are hoping it will die of quickly. If the message is urgent slide it though the bars and one of our messengers will take it to him." Hon could here the messenger curse from his side of the gate. one of his messengers over hearing the conversation comes down from the wall. Hon spots him Good reduces delays the messenger on the other side of the door hands him the message and says "Just make sure it gets to the battle mage" Hon's messenger runs up the volcano that is completely encircled by the city where the forge lies. Battle mage, long time since anyone ever referred to Izec as that.

Izec is holding the up the finished sword and it decorated sheath. Izec smile to himself It is a bit more then just a decorated sheath, normally I would spend so much time on one sword but I just got a feeling about it.. A messenger runs into the Forge. "Chief message for you" he shouts. he hands it to Izec who quickly with one hand breaks the seal und unravels the message while the other still holds the sword. It only take him little more then a minute to read the whole message. then speaks to the messenger "Go tell Hon to be prepared to let e out and ready my horse." With that Izec turns around and walk back into the forge. The messenger yells after him "Where you going?" "To get my axe." was the response he got.
  • Sarah1919 (AU1)Sarah1919 (AU1) Posts: 3,817
    edited 24.02.2014
    *I continue to fly through the sky, on my way to the mountains, to the Uithidain camp. Sarahna calls out loudly and I look at her. "What's up?" I ask her. She noses down on a section of clouds, going down, revealing 8 black figures climbing down a rocky cliff, seemingly in secrecy. I narrow down and my dragon foes speeding towards them. She musters up a glowing white powerball and shoots it at the top, causing a large peice of rock to umble down, hitting two of the figures. Suddenly, some force pulls us down. "Ugh! Sarahna, try to fight it! C'mon! Ugh!!!" I groan. I am pulled away from Sarahna and she is tied down by one of the men. I am dragged to my knees, wincing as a burst of pain shoots from my leg. Then, I hear a familiar yell and slice of a sword. Within minutes, the figures are either lying on the ground or tied up in a group. I try to pull the large rock off m leg but it is two heavy, I am losing the feeling in that leg. A hooded figure comes and bends down, taking off his hood, he smiles. "William!" I exclaim. He giggles, "Don't worry! I've got Milly in charge!" he re-assures me. My eyes widen, "Milly!!! She hates me! Just because you like her, doesn't mean she'll do as you say! Oh, when we get back, our kingdom will be lost!" I groan. Milly was very annoying. Although she was pretty and acted nice in front of William, she was naughty and wasn't to be trusted. I thought she was the cause of an unexpected battle that took place at our gates once, but had nothing to prove it. "Why are you here?" I ask as we both pull off the large stone. "I can't rule a kingdom! But, I am sure I could be a help to the Uithidain!" he says. He looks down, serious suddenly. "Oooh, thats gotta hurt! Are you alright?" he asks. "No!" I snap back. He helps me up and carries me to my dragon. "We'd better get you some help, that doesn't look too good!" he says. "I'm fine..." I reply, not wanting attention. He looks around and frowns, "Remember this place?" he asks me, sullenly. I look around, gasping. "Claire's kingdom..." I murmur, seeing the brunt and abandoned houses on the top of the cliff. I look down at the ground, tears gathering up in my eyes. Claire was my older brother's 'girlfriend'. She was very sweet. She owned a small kingdom, with only 500 villagers but it was nice and peaceful. "Why did we have to find this place..." I mutter. Will walks over, sad and rubs my back. "It's ok... I shouldn't have brought it up..." he says. "Are you actually crying! Wow... I don't see you cry much..." he remarks. I smirk, "No... I'm just impersonating a fountain!" I giggle suddenly. We both laugh and sigh, looking around. "Hey! Isn't that a faint light glowing out of that cave?" I ask, pointing to a deep, hidden cave entrance. He walks over to it. "Yeah! I am gonna see what it is!" he says, walking into the cave. I wait for him to return. He comes out of the cave, cheerily, with someone. "Claire?! Is that you!" I exclaim. "Wow! I didn't expect to see you here!" I say. She smiles and gestures to a small man. "Now, lets see that leg! Hi Sarah! I haven't seen you since... well... let's not think about that..." she says, trailing off. She lets that short man pass and he examines my leg. I look around uneasily, not liking the attention. William laughs, talking to Claire. "Well, I've never seen Sarah so uneasy! She has not problem talking to the whole kingdom, but when she's hurt, boy does she hate attention!" he teases. I frown and poke my tongue out. "Well! Claire, if you want, I guess the Uithidain could use someone like you! And Will, you might as well come with us, but you'll have to check on our kingdom regularly, I don't trust that Milly..." I say. Claire brightens up and nods her head. "Yes! Sure, I heard all about it! I even have a letter from the Prince, he didn't see me in person, but briefly explained his plan and told us to send a few skilled warriors to the camp." she says. After short conversation, we head off again, towards the mountains...*
    Twitter will never overtake Facebook until it embraces the poke!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The scientist in charge of naming the vitamins sure was lazy -- "Yea, uh, just copy the alphabet. Add some numbers if you want."
    Take some time to say something nice about GGE! (And checkout my thread):
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141890-Too-much-criticism-not-enough-praise!
Sign In to comment.