Home Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

RPG: The Kingdoms of Lharr

Comments

• Sarah1919 (AU1)Sarah1919 (AU1) Posts: 3,817
    edited 17.02.2014
    The Prince of Grey Wind follows the Queen of Redhall into her guest hall. He then turns to Damien, after heeding what Damien had said, "send your companions home. But with proper training, they could have been used in the Uithdain to stop this war, rather than fuel it." Damien sends his companions home, then we follow the Queen of Redhall into the hall.
    "You're probably wondering why the Prince of Grey Wind is here," Shadow says, seeing the confused look on Sarah's face, "It's to recruit you into the Uithdain. As for the war, your heir can lead, however, I need someone of your skill level to end the war, and to figure out why it started in the first place."
    "You do not know?" She asks, looking at me skeptically.
    "No. I'm afraid the Emperor himself doesn't know. That's why it's important for the Uithdain to rebuild, we need to find the source of the war, so we can put an end to it before it's too big. As for the moment, before we can take a large step forward on finding the source of this war, we need to stop an incoming attack; The Emperor has observed that the King of Greystone has amassed his troops and is ready to move against the the city of Ayelia in Redhall. I want my father to lend me ships so I can gain your allegiance, M'lady, if not for the Uithdain, then instead for the empire, or more so, the four kingdoms. Would you like to see the kingdoms in total ruin? Because that is where this war is heading." Shadow looks at the Queen of Redhall, awaiting an answer.
    *I turn round as the prince speaks. My eyes widen when he says he has come to recruit me. I look at him skeptically when he explains we need to find the source of this war. Surely the prince, or emperor would know the source! I think. I guess not! I grit my teeth when he speaks of Greystone, preparing an attack. "The scoundrel!" I scold under my breath. "Prince of Grey Wind..." I begin, addressing him respectably. "You have come to recruit me for the Uithidain, to help stop this war and find the source? Is this correct?" I ask. He nods his head. "And is it also correct that you expect my heir to lead this mighty kingdom in my absence?" I ask. "May I tell you, my heir, my younger brother, is not at all ready to rule! He still needs yet to master the sword and has never lead an army. He is not good in strategy and surely is not prepared to rule a city!" I say. The prince thinks. I smile, "If I was to turn down your offer... I would not be Queen of such a mighty kingdom, I'd be ruler of a burnt ghost town! So, if I want the best for this kingdom, you suggest I join the Uithidain?" I respond. I do not let him answer, pulling out a hidden sword, "Offer accepted!" I say with a smile. I place the sword back in it's sheath and walk to the window. "Now, what is this you say of an army attacking Ayelia? Let me re-assure you with this; I helped a dear friend capture a dark force, much more dangerous than I would think this is. If it wasn't for her letting him go, as an act of kindness and him paying it with near death and war, he would be finished! Our armies are well prepared for these attacks and we thank you for your concern, but I am sure we can handle it." I finish, signalling to a guard. "Send 8,000 more men to assist with the launched attack in Ayelia. Order the Hidden Hills division to... surprise them!" I say with a wink. "Now, what else must we discuss?" I ask the prince.*
    Twitter will never overtake Facebook until it embraces the poke!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The scientist in charge of naming the vitamins sure was lazy -- "Yea, uh, just copy the alphabet. Add some numbers if you want."
    Take some time to say something nice about GGE! (And checkout my thread):
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141890-Too-much-criticism-not-enough-praise!
  • Tux (AU1)Tux (AU1) Posts: 5,237
    edited 17.02.2014
    I walk over to one of the Prince's guards thingymagigys.
    "Errrr...may I have my horse back? Fully equipped with my weapons...I don't feel safe here."
    Part of something as Tux
    Proud Warzoner.....Warzone 2100...
    I use Linux!

Proud Crown Prince Paladin of The Alliance Imperium

Tux101 @ Canada1 #TheDreamLivesOn! Seriously. MAKE ONE
    Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
  • InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 17.02.2014
    Guys, Im changing the name to Merida, based on the movie Brave.
    Anyway,
    I walk back to the castle thinking something is very wrong.
    'Is everything alright?' Darkscythe asks me.
    I shake my head and speak: 'Everything is perfectly fine, I need to go back to my room to reply to the Prince.'
    Instantly, my brother knew that I wanted him to follow me. We briskly walk into the Keep, and into my room two levels higher. We both scribbled a note and sent them off with a courier pigeon we train to deliver messages.
    'Yes?' Darkscythe ask. 'What is going on?'
    I sigh and explain everything to him, even with my sense that something wasn't right.
    'Hmmm. Yes I agree with you.' He said. 'It would be odd that the Emperor himself would send a spy on us. He could just come and ask us anything he wanted and we would answer him back.'
    I nodded, knowing that he had gotten the right idea.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • Shadowstep IIIShadowstep III Posts: 1,314
    edited 17.02.2014
    "No. That is all M'lady. However, if your archers would be so kind as to kill the scum spying on us from behind the curtain."
    Suddenly, the Prince and the Queen of Redhall hear some shuffling. Quicker than Shadow could process, an arrow is launched and there is a thud; Severin, the black spy, lay dead in a pool of his own blood.
    "We needed him alive," The Prince says, "However dead is better than reporting to his master that I'm rebuilding the Uithdain.
    If you would be so kind, travel east to Grey Wind, and if you ride east down the Strip (The penninsula of Grey Wind jutting into the Gulf of Four, across the sea from Redhall) you'll find a small range of mountains called the Daggerran. Buried deep under is the fortress of the Uithdain, and the entrance is under the Meereen mountain. You need travel no further east into Grey Wind than that. Next, I travel south, the Demon's Hold, to recruit a blacksmith of the group, one who can forge from liquid rock. Then I travel to Tronjheim, to recruit the warrior Darkscythe, and his lady sister, Merida. Sadly, I cannot get there in time to persuade them to stop the attack. I was going to check that off of my list, if, by recruiting you I'd have to borrow ships and troops and aid your attack on Ayelia.
    "Oh, and guards! See that (Tux) here is transported safely to the Uithdain Cavern."
    The Prince follows out The Queen and (Tux) and the guards, and mounts his horse, riding south to Demon's Hold in Blackfyre.
    Firmly grasp it.
    edited 18.02.2014
    You still have not answered my question. Can I please please have my horse back? (Or did I already mount on a horse?)
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 18.02.2014
    "No. That is all M'lady. However, if your archers would be so kind as to kill the scum spying on us from behind the curtain."
    Suddenly, the Prince and the Queen of Redhall hear some shuffling. Quicker than Shadow could process, an arrow is launched and there is a thud; Severin, the black spy, lay dead in a pool of his own blood.
    "We needed him alive," The Prince says, "However dead is better than reporting to his master that I'm rebuilding the Uithdain.
    If you would be so kind, travel east to Grey Wind, and if you ride east down the Strip (The penninsula of Grey Wind jutting into the Gulf of Four, across the sea from Redhall) you'll find a small range of mountains called the Daggerran. Buried deep under is the fortress of the Uithdain, and the entrance is under the Meereen mountain. You need travel no further east into Grey Wind than that. Next, I travel south, the Demon's Hold, to recruit a blacksmith of the group, one who can forge from liquid rock. Then I travel to Tronjheim, to recruit the warrior Darkscythe, and his lady sister, Merida. Sadly, I cannot get there in time to persuade them to stop the attack. I was going to check that off of my list, if, by recruiting you I'd have to borrow ships and troops and aid your attack on Ayelia.
    "Oh, and guards! See that (Tux) here is transported safely to the Uithdain Cavern."
    The Prince follows out The Queen and (Tux) and the guards, and mounts his horse, riding south to Demon's Hold in Blackfyre.
    *I watch the Prince closely, turning to the curtain and seeing the shadow the Prince has seen. I grab my hidden bow and shoot and arrow through the curtain at the spy. I look at it in disgust and order men to dispose of him. "I'll see you there. Don't worry about the attack, our forces have gotten bigger with each successful attack. Of course, there is no need to attack any more, am I correct?" I ask. Looking skeptically at Tux, "I WAS planning an attack, and it was a great one at that. I guess that won't be needed either..." "I will make my way to Grey Wind and find this fortress." I say, seeing the Prince off. When they are out of sight, I begin to walk back to the castle. I enter the stables and open steel doors which behind stand 6 mighty dragons. "Hey Reepicheep! And you too, Anglevia, yes, of course I meant you too, Purneliya! Hello dear Fauntica! Oh, Logejah! And the Sessarnohr, Sarahna! (He he he! See what I did there?) How are you all? Well, what'd you think of the Prince. Was he cute? Smelly? Fat? What?" I ask the dragons, dancing around them. I giggle, understanding what Logejah said. "You think he smelt of burning ash? You thought he was on fire? Wow, see what you can get from smell!" I remark. "You thought he was too? He smelt like an Elf?! Excuse me! He's the prince!" I reply to Fauntica. Just then, a young man runs in, he stops when he sees me, bowing quickly and smartly, his blonde slick hair waving up and down as he bends. "Hello your highness!" he says happily. "Hey William! I told you last time not to call my 'Your Highness'! Why can't I be called my name too?!" I say. He smiles, "Is it alright if I take Logejah out for a ride?" he asks. "Well of course! He's your Dragon! You can do whatever you like with him!" I reply. He walks over to the dragon and leaps onto it. "Want to come?" he asks, holding out a hand. "Sure, I'll take Sarahna!" I say, grabbing some riding gear and leaping onto Sarahna. She calls out wildly and stretches out of sleek, swift wings, moving them quickly back, shooting off. The two dragons race around happily...*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The scientist in charge of naming the vitamins sure was lazy -- "Yea, uh, just copy the alphabet. Add some numbers if you want."
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141890-Too-much-criticism-not-enough-praise!
    edited 18.02.2014
    In this RPG I'm calling my character Sir Damien
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 18.02.2014
    Night fell, and I was lounging in the research tower gazing at the stars.
    Music could be heard from the Keep, which was on the other side of the castle.Darkscythe was to keep the citizens entertained, and from panicking about what our spies had heard.
    The 'festival' last until between midnight and dawn, and silence fang through the castle as the citizejs had enough and went back to their houses.
    I decided also to take a rest.
    Morning came, and my most faithful and loyal maid, Juliet, woke me up, as I had instructed her to do at the break of dawn.
    'Mistress!' She called. 'Wake up! It is morning and you need to get ready for the battle!'
    I sat up. 'Juliet, get me my travelling cloak please.' Juliet rushed of the room, and returned instantly with a dark green cloak. 'Thank you.' I said to her with a smile. She left the room, and closed the door shut.
    I picked up my bow and a quiver of arrows, and left the room.
    Hurriedly, I went down the tower stairs, and unexpectedly (to the citizens) rode my horse, that was readily saddled for me, out of the castle gates.
    My light brown hair, plaited and hanging down my left shoulder, left my shoulder and followed my head while riding my horse, Maximus, down the rocky hills of Greystone.
    A few pinpoints of light caught my attention, and I left Maximus near a bunch of trees. Following the lights, I found that they were lanterns, dancing about a camp.
    The camp of soldiers; I thought. But then realized, that it wasn't soldiers, they were spies!
    'What are they doing here?' I whispered quietly to myself
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
  • JackelKight (US1)JackelKight (US1) Posts: 533
    edited 18.02.2014
    Izec stars at the dried up magma pool in vain. I let it cool to much while I was asleep last night. "All those long years of searching and for what to make a single sword, just one" Izec screamed in frustration. The blade that Izec had forged the night before to get the feel of the metal. Not to say that it was just a plan bare blade, it was actual a quite a beautiful blade in fact. The four symbols of the kingdoms of grey wind intertwined into the symbol of the Uithdain. The magic that Izec poured into the liquid metal to help it cool at the right pace still kept it warm to the touch, like it always will be for the rest of its existence. The series of enchantments he has used existed him and he fell asleep before placing an enchantment to keep the metal in the pool liquid. Now here he was yelling himself hoarse over it. He took a deep breath to calm himself. Then a smile came up I hear the prince has been interested or years to reform the Uithdain. Maybe he should give it to him as a gift, since if he going to lead the Uithdain he going to need one of their blades.

General Hon is in the conceal room as the nobles were arguing amouth themselves, as usual. This time though it was over something important. Hon thought. His own fate, as well as that of the kingdom about whether to reopen the trade routes. Hon is struggling not to smile, he had won about half of them over, if he should any hint of satisfaction though that could easily change. It was much simpler back when my brother and I was part the Uithdain. Every last one of us knew what had to be done. Unlike these nobles here. Its was almost a shame that we were no longer needed.
    edited 19.02.2014
    I turn away, thinking to alert the guards, but then I noticed a finer detail that I hadn't noticed before. On the side of one of the larger tents, was branded the sign of the plague...
    Can anyone guess what this means?...

edited 19.02.2014
    Is it the black death?! Actually I think it's the plauge that is killing us all......well the one making us fight each other..what was I thinking?
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 19.02.2014
    No...
    Plague doctors! There were plague doctors outside the castle! I turned to run back to my horse, but as I took a step, a loud crack rang through the forests. The plague doctors turned in my direction and took out their knives, which were very large, and pointed them at me.
    By the confused looks on their faces, I knew they couldn't see me, but even so, I knew I was in trouble...

edited 20.02.2014
    *After returning from riding the dragons, I land and explain that I'd better head off towards the Uithidain camp. Will frowns and looks intrigued. "Whats that about?" he asks. "You have to rule the kingdom while I'm gone!" I say shortly, placing a satchel over Sarahna. He stops, his eyes widening. "Seriously? But... I'm not ready! I can't rule a kingdom! I'd make this place look like a joke!" he says. "Well... there isn't really another choice!" I say. "I wish Daniel was here..." he mutters. I stop, sadness in my eyes, silent for a bit. "Did you have to bring him up?" I ask, annoyed. I sigh, talking to Sarahna, "I know you miss him too! He was great..." I murmur. (Daniel was the previous ruler of Redhall, he died in an attack, fighting alongside me) I look up and lift up Williams head. "Now, I'm sure you will do a good job." I re-assure him. He looks annoyed and looks around, frustrated. "I'm going to ride Logejah out to the stream. See you when you get back." he says quietly, leaping onto Logejah, rolling his head back and taking off. "Will! Wait! It's not a quick trip!!!" I yell after him, groaning when he does not hear. "Well, I guess he will have to find out the hard way!" I say to Sarahna, throwing my bracelet on the ground as a sign and taking off, towards the hidden Uithidain camp.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 20.02.2014
    Knowing that I had been discovered, I knew I should run, but when I finished that thought, one of the plague doctoes spoke:
    'Do you think it's one of the spies from Stonetower?' He whispered hoarsely to another plague doctor. I felt scared as they searched the area around me. Their eyes stared mostly at me, even though I knew they couldn't see me.
    I decided that I had nothing to lose, so I turned and sprinted off in the direction of my horse.
    After a minute, I looked back for a split second to check if they were catching up or not. There was no sign of them, and I felt slightly more relieved.
    But when I turned my head back to the front, a plague doctor leaped out in front of me, brandishing a large knife and pointing it at me.
    Following my instincts, I aimed an arrow at his hand. The arrow met its mark, and the plague doctor yelled in pain and slashed his knife around trying to get me. A moment was all I needed as I slipped under his arm and continued running. Unfortunately, the knife caught my shoulder and took the breath out of me.
    Wincing with excrutiating pain, I continued running until I found my horse Maximus, standing ready to run. I launched myself onto him and he started galloping in the direction of Stonetower, the castle.
    I felt slightly safer, as I rested my head on my horse's soft white fur. Crimson red blood was flowing down my arm and my cheek from scratches of sticking out branches, and the knife of the plague doctor. I started to clean up the mess as Greytower came into view.
    'Do you think this will heal before next week, Maximus?' I asked him softly and winced with pain as he leapt over a log and landed again.

edited 21.02.2014
    The Prince's horse clop on the already muddy ground as his navigators trot slowly ahead of him, pinpointing the safe zones and mountains passes in the Volcanic land of Blackfyre.
    "I never knew it was so dreadful here," He muttered to himself. Then there was a war shout, and men in black robes came pouring over the hills with a necromancer's skull on their robes and dirks or pitchforks in hand. Although they outnumbered the Prince's men, they were no match for the Prince's steel armor, long swords, morning stars, mauls, warhammers, archers, and mounted men.
    After suffering only 3 casualties, the Prince's party of 50 men has 183 of the invaders head and the last 17 on their knees, ready for execution for high treason.
    The leader of the party looks at the prince with hateful, burning black eyes.
    "Who are you?" The man spits.
    "Prince Cameron III Greismere of Grey Wind," The Prince says, blowing his black curly hair out of his violet eyes. He momentarily scratches his short, unruly, scruffy beard and looks at his right hand man, Sir Jacob II Arynsayr of Grey Wind.
    "And Who are you?" Cameron asks, averting his eyes to the leader of the company of 200 men.
    The leader just bows his head, chanting, "I meant not to harm you, My Prince, We thought only you were officials of Blackfyre. I am Saarth Sevenstrings, right-hand man to Seth II Daemon, leader in rebellion against Blackfyre. Or at least the anarchist rule in Demon's Hold."
    "Ahh, so rebellious scum," Cameron says, looking back over at Jacob, "More treason, as Blackfyre is in fact a region under Grey Wind. To declare war on it is to declare war on Grey Wind."
    "Oh, so you've declared war on all four kingdoms, as they've declared war on each other? Winterhold was the first to declare war on Blackfyre, and since Blackfyre is under your rule, shouldn't you declare war on Winterhold?"
    Cameron thought for a second on the comment, but decided to ignore it and looked at Sir Jacob, with his short unruly blond beard, long, straight blond hair, and hazel eyes.
    "Should we kill them?" Cameron asked, soulessly.
    "Yes," Jacob obediently replied, smiling slightly.
    Cameron drew his sword and killed the leader of the group, then ordered his men to kill the rest. Ignoring the rising smoke around him, he jumped back onto his horse and trotted past the dead bodies littering the ground. The mud became black volcanic rock, and the sky became blanketed with thick smoke, forming a very... Blackfyre-ish feel to the area.
    The Prince's envoy continued down the road until they reach Blackfyre and approached the man they had planned to recruit.

(I made this post because I have no idea if I created a character for the Prince or not yet, so if I did, tell me, so I can alter one of 'em. Also, Sarah, post on GotR, I'm getting bored!!)
    Firmly grasp it.
    edited 21.02.2014
    Arriving at the gates of Greystone, the soldiers guarding the front gate signalled for the gates to be opened. Maximus ran into the castle and the gate slammed down behind me.
    I spotted Darkscythe on his horse looking eager for a fight. He saw me coming in, and usually, he would've asked me about the soldiers outside about to attack the castle. But instead, he frowned and whispered to a nearby messenger. The messenger ran off, leaving me thinking.
    But I didn't have much time to think about it because I suddenly remembered that the plague doctors were still outside the castle.
    'Send 100 troops to search outside the castle!' I commanded tiredly. Doctors and nurses from the military hospital came to take me to the hospital, and I followed them.
    Darkscythe jumped off his horse, as a whole lot of troops hurried outside and started looking around.
    He headed off to the Keep, but the messenger returned, holding a scroll with the seal of Greywind.
    Arriving at the military hospital, I slumped into the bed exhausted. The nurses started cleaning up the wounds and scratches, and Darkscythe entered the room only a few minutes after I had.
    'A message from the Prince of Greywind.' he said seriously. The nurses left the room and Darkscythe spoke again. 'He wants to recruit us into the Uithdain.'
    'WHAT?' I exclaimed, obviously shocked.
    'We can finally find the source of this plague!' Darkscythe said.
    'It's not that I don't want to.' I mumbled. 'It's just...'
    '... You don't trust them.' Darkscythe finished for me, nodding. 'I know.'
    'If you want to join the Uithdain, I won't mind.' I say to him. 'We'll be able to find the source of the evil sooner. We can use the research that the other kingdoms of Winterhold, Redhall and Blackfyre's had found.'
    'Only Redhall has joined apparently.' Darkscythe corrected me. I grin at him.

edited 21.02.2014
    I'm here Grace. I am currently en route to the hidden camp thingy whining to the guards:
    Can I please have my horse back?
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 21.02.2014
    The guards smile at your insolence. You beg and you throw tantrums, they compare you to a two year old.

However, as such a powerfully gifted archmage, you can tell what they're thinking and you bite one, telling the other off for thinking such thoughts. They hand you back your horse and treat you fair for the rest of the ride to the Uithdain Cavern.
    Firmly grasp it.
    edited 21.02.2014
    Watching my brother scribble a note, then rolled it up, he passed it to a messenger, and sent him off with a group of guards to find the Prince.
    'Brother, let me see that note.' I requested. Darkscythe handed it to me looking curious.
    'Why?' he asked as I scanned the pages of the note.
    The page of the scroll read;
    To Darkscythe and his sister Merida,
    As I have already consulted you, and have already requested an meeting with you, I hope that you understand, that this shall be extremely important, as I wish to recruit both you and your sister into the Uithdain, to unite together to destroy this souless evil.
    I am hoping that such wise rulers as you and your sister are, you would join us and together destroy the source of the evil. Redhall has already joined, of course, but we need to four kingdoms to unite and find peace if we have any hope to terminate this plague.
    I am currently at Redhall, about to leave, and will see if Blackfyre will join the Uithdain. If not, I will come to Greystone soon, and, of course, send a messenger over.
    Thank you for your patience for this message, and I hope this has not caused any inconvenience.
    The Prince ,leader of the Uithdain.

'A note huh.' I whispered under my breath. Signalling my brother forward, I told him.
    'He's about to leave Redhall, to go to Blackfyre, then he's apparently coming to us, then Winterhold?' I shake my head. 'We are the smallest kingdom, yet he's going to Winterhold last...' I finish off suspicious.

edited 22.02.2014
    Yes!!! I ride to the hidden camp......
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
Sign In to comment.