Home Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

RPG: The Kingdoms of Lharr

Shadowstep IIIShadowstep III Posts: 1,314
edited 18.04.2014 in Off Topic
~Simultaneously occurring to Guardians of the Realm~

Over the vast ocean of Sessalonia, the ocean too wide for any ship to sail, there is a land mass called the Lharr, which is separated into many different Kingdoms:

The mountain kingdom of Greystone; The wooded kingdom of Redhall; the northern kingdom of Winterhold; and the volcanic kingdom of Blackfyre.

Off into the ocean, there is a large island called Grey Wind, which holds the Emperor of all four Kingdoms. The Emperor of Grey Wind and all of Lharr is a tricky man, who constantly likes to test his four kingdom's allegiance.

One day, an evil plagues the land; this evil has no source, at least, not one that people know of. This evil plagues each kingdom against the others. The only way to stop the evil and the war of four kings is the Uithdain, an order of warriors, split up in four divisions, one for each kingdom, who must work to find and destroy this evil.

To create a character:

Choose one of the kingdoms. As you're trying to find the evil, you're on this particular kingdom's side, and therefore prejudiced against other kingdoms. Please, if you see everyone choosing one kingdom choose another.

And that's it.

I am to take the role of the Prince of Grey Wind, and leader of the Uithdain, however I will serve as the narrator for the RPG. So, I'll start.

The Prince of Grey Wind looks upon the building of the colossal ship, the Laughing Lord. The builders stack cannons on the sides of the giant wooden structure. He scanned the endless line of ships next to it, the Black Betha, Bold Laughter, Brightfish, Faithful, Harridian, Fury, Piety, Prayer, Pride of Driftmark, Princess Rhaenys, Cat, Courageous, Horned Honor, Lord Steffon, Devotion, Dong's Nose, Dragonsbane, Seahorse, Swift Sword, Swordfish, and the much smaller ones, called the Ladies, the Lady Harra, Lady Marya, Lady Steffon, and Lady Stayca.
"Why has father begun to build all of these war ships?" The Prince asks his Lord Father's architect, Harrison.
"Because of the war, I expect. He assumes he'll soon be dragged in."
"Who even started this blood bath of a war, and how?" The Prince asked impatiently.
"I have no idea. And neither does the Emperor."
"Why should he build a ship as enormous as the Laughing Lord?"
"I dunno."
The Prince shakes his head and climbs down off of his steeple, hopping on his horse and riding east, past the Palace of Grey Wind, and into the secret tomb which has for a millennium housed the Uithdain.
"I have a task. We are to figure out the evil behind this war and we are to stop it."

~Alright, now everybody create your characters and we'll begin ASAP.~
Post edited by Shadowstep III on
Firmly grasp it.

Comments

• NationConquerorNationConqueror Posts: 2,273
    edited 13.02.2014
    Save a spot for me once I am back on Tuesday!
    Stars of the Desert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In the desert by day, drought and dreadful blistering seas of fire-sand leech the life out of those with brittle wills. However, not all that is terrible such as this sea of flames is wholly horrendous. He who has survived the day will find refuge in the desert at night, with cool air and the many stars of the sky to keep him company.

The stars shall guide us to the oasis, to sanctuary, to refuge. We have no reason to fear.
  • Shadowstep IIIShadowstep III Posts: 1,314
    edited 13.02.2014
    Ok NC ^^

TEN FRIKKIN CHARACTERS
    Firmly grasp it.
  • JackelKight (US1)JackelKight (US1) Posts: 533
    edited 14.02.2014
    The heat of the forge grows more intents as the iron bucket continue to bring more and more magma to use in the metal working. The blacksmiths busy themselves harming the iron into the perfection of steel. The chief blacksmith moves to talk to a tall figure watching the proceedings. "How is the progress going chief?" the figure ask the blacksmith when he reaches him. "We are ahead of schedule. The troops will be fully armed and armored by the time those barbarians march upon us. They shall know the wraith of Blackfyre when we meet in the field of battle. None shall dare to challenge Blackfyre again." this last sentience the chief blacksmith shouted, and a chorus of agreement answered him. The figure just stood there with a smirk on his face and said. "Very good blacksmith , but its a bit early to be celebrating. Another field report came in today, the armies of Winterhold have enter the field sooner then expected." "They be no match to our steel, general Hon." The blacksmith salutes and start yelling to increase the pace. General Hon walks out. I hope you're right brother, I hope you're right. he thinks as he look down at the insignia of the Uithdain upon his steel armor
  • Sarah1919 (AU1)Sarah1919 (AU1) Posts: 3,817
    edited 14.02.2014
    (Go Sessalonia!!! :D) (Hey Shadow, in DotP, I said that my father was captured by a friend of mine, Cordelia who ruled a kingdom. But, I gave my father a chance, setting him free, on which he tried to kill me. Can I say that the kingdom she ruled was Redhall? Of course, saying the Emperor rules over her, but, like the sub for Redhall. And can I play as her character? Lemme know if you’d prefer not, so I can change it!)
    *I grunt, annoyed. “Ugh!” I scrunch up the map I was studying and throw it down. I sigh and sit back in my chair. A lady comes in, dressed in silk with beautiful bright eyes. “I’m afraid we are having visitors.” She says uneasily. I sit up straight, “What? At this time? I was going to plan the attack on Winterhold. Who is this guest?” I ask. “The emperor’s son. He wants to have a few words with you. He said, it was about the Uithidain.” She replies. I raise my eyebrows. “Yes, he has been all over the four kingdoms, some say, searching for the Uithidain.” She continues. I sigh. “Very well, prepare the table. Is he bringing anyone else with him?” I ask. “Well, he wouldn’t come alone with this war going on! He said estimating... 50” the lady says. “50? Ok, tell the chefs to prepare a meal, fit for a king! Because he is one!” I say shortly after taking a sip of water. “What else should we do?” she questions. “Just do what we’d normally do for guests.” I reply. “But aren’t we to impress him?” the lady adds. “We don’t need impressing. We’ve won all the launched attacks so far and no kingdom has dared attack us! He’ll be quite pleased I would assume!” I reply indignantly. “Alright miss, I will go tell the maids to prepare the hall.” She says and heads off. When she closes the door, I yawn and get up. “I think I need a break! Time for some fun before the Emperor’s son arrives!” I say to myself. I leap onto the long draping curtains to the side and glide past the portraits of stern looking rulers. I jump down and pick up a picture of one of the portraits, drawing antler ears and funny squiggles all over it. I giggle, “Mr. Mooooooooooooooooooosel!”. Then I run out and hide behind the stairway, waiting for the butler to walk down the stairs. I aim and fire a rock at the wall with my slingshot and the butler puts down the plater of cake and inspects the room. I sneak 3 peices into my pocket and run off, snorting with laughter. I run along to a guard, standing still as a statue. I stand next to it, then begin marching round with straight legs. I crack up laughing and salute the soldier, seeing him smile. “See ya Joe!” I say as he laughs. I walk down the hallway and re-enter my room, sitting down and begin to study the map again...*
    (Ok, so my character’s name is Cordelia, she is a cheeky, care free Queen, ruling the Kingdom of Redhall. She’s good in combat and planning and loves dragons. The emperor’s son (Shadow) is coming to talk to me about the Uithidain, trying to persuade me to join them. Is that alright Shadow?)
    Twitter will never overtake Facebook until it embraces the poke!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The scientist in charge of naming the vitamins sure was lazy -- "Yea, uh, just copy the alphabet. Add some numbers if you want."
    Take some time to say something nice about GGE! (And checkout my thread):
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141890-Too-much-criticism-not-enough-praise!
  • Tux (AU1)Tux (AU1) Posts: 5,237
    edited 14.02.2014
    In a research tower in winter hold a teenager is experimenting with a new slurbow. Suddenly a messenger runs in. Come follow me! The teenager runs with messenger to the thron room. Sir Damien! What?
    You have arrived.
    Yes my king. What do you requiere me to do?
    I am waging a war.
    WHAT!? You can't do that!
    Are you saying I am wrong.
    Yes!
    Well I was here to congratulate you on your research done on a new crossbow. I believe it is called the slur bow?
    I said that is only for fighting against robber barons and the babarians.
    Continuing on the war I want you to help.
    You are a paladin and you graduated as a arch mage.
    Can you take on an entire army?
    That was not a rhetorical question.
    Errrr...maybe....
    if the answer is yes then I want you lead a platoon.
    Ummm....
    If you say no get out of here..
    Yes....
    I knew you would be up to the job. Jack prepare Sir Damien's horse. Damien. You can chose your platoon. Your mission is to sabertage the enemy defences.
    I accept it?...
    You already said yes
    Ok.....

2 days later....
    Matthew:Why are we doing this war anyway?
    Damien:I dunno
    Alen:Who are we attacking again
    Kyla:Redhall isn't it? Celine:Let's just kill their king already
    As I ride on I open up my book. I read about a plague that makes all the kingdom clash. I stop everyone. I tell them about the plague. I leaves us dumbfounded.

(My character's name is Damien a group of young paladins Matthew,Alen,Kyla and Celine to sabougtage Redhall. They pretty much know nothing about redhall especially Cordelia......don't worry Sarah. I won't kill you. But Kyla and Celine might)
    Part of something as Tux
    Proud Warzoner.....Warzone 2100...
    I use Linux!

Proud Crown Prince Paladin of The Alliance Imperium

Tux101 @ Canada1 #TheDreamLivesOn! Seriously. MAKE ONE
    Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 15.02.2014
    (Not if I kill them first! :D Ahem, if Shadow's alright with my character, they don't have a king - only a queen and the overall ruler, the Emperor. Since they no nothing about Redhall, that's a dangerous spot to be in, they're underestimating our power!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The scientist in charge of naming the vitamins sure was lazy -- "Yea, uh, just copy the alphabet. Add some numbers if you want."
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?141890-Too-much-criticism-not-enough-praise!
    edited 15.02.2014
    I figure out something when I am 5 seconds to killing you.
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 15.02.2014
    (Sarah, I am perfectly fine with that :) I made this RPG a tie to DotP and GotR so that we can make a ton of ties that others won't get 8))

The prince of Grey Wind hears his horse's clopping as he comes up behind the sabotage party from (I don't know--Tux, where are you from?!) to Redhall. the Prince stops behind them and puts his sword up to the arch mage's neck--one of the ones he's been looking for.
    "You will come along with me," The Prince says, "And as for your party... the people of Redhall will figure out what to do with you."
    I force the arch mage, who, according to my research, is named 'Damien,' to mount my horse behind me and ride with me to the meeting at Redhall. The already recruited Uithdain are at the cavern, readying for their mission, as I go out to recruit some last members. I have Damien, and I am going for the Queen of Redhall. I will find more, but at the moment, the next stop after Redhall is Blackfyre, for a magma blacksmith.
    Firmly grasp it.
    edited 15.02.2014
    I'm from winter hold.

"Queen of Redhall?" Kyla ask
    "That's what he (points at the prince) says." I reply.
    "Just to tell you prince just because I am 16 does not mean I am not formidable. Remeber. We are Paladins.... And just to tell you they can't do anything to my platoon. What do you even want us for anyway?"
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 15.02.2014
    The Prince looks at Damien skeptically.

"I want you to shut your mouth and do as your Prince orders you. I wanted you to join a prestigious order called the Uithdain to stop this war. As for the rest of your crew, they can either join the Uithdain as foot soldiers or I'll leave them to the Redhallian jurisdiction, which could mean execution, jailtime, anything."
    Firmly grasp it.
    edited 15.02.2014
    My friends are highly trained on horse back. Don't worry they won't run away. We have heard of this war. Just let us on our own horses. They're gonna die as foot soldiers. And they are young. Like me. You don't want to be the cause for their deaths. Do you?
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 15.02.2014
    Izec watches his brother lead a small platoon of soldiers on horseback out of the western gate. Hon what are you doing now? "Chief!" shouts a blacksmith behind. Izec turns around and raise an eyebrow questioning. The blacksmith is still panting, but with a big grin on his face he says, "We found it." A gin of his own come across Izec's face. "Lead me to it." Izec unconsciously stroke the leather strappings on the handle of the ancient hammer on his belt. Once again there shall be a weapon made from the true blood of the earth.

On the other side of the gate now, Hon gazes across the landscape. A group of mounted soldiers gallops up to meet them. "Sir" one of the mounted soldiers next to him speaks. Turning his face towards the soldier Hon asks "Yes carpool, what is it?" the carpool replies "You going to need to see this." Hon's men circle their general as the carpool and the rest of the mounted men lead them out of view from the city.
    edited 15.02.2014
    (Ok Shadow, cool)
    *I look up at the clock. "Time to go greet!" I sigh, getting up and hiding my plans in my secret drawer of my desk. I walk out and stand at the window, looking out to see an approaching group. I look in the mirror and brush a few crumbs of cake of my face, giggling as I do so. I then walk out to meet the approaching cluster. "Prince of Grey Wind, we're very pleased to have you!" I say, welcoming them. "I see you have brought... friends?" I say uneasily, instantly recognizing their Winterholdian outfits. "Follow me, we can talk on the way." I say, gesturing to a guard. "Keep a good eye on these Winterholdians! I don't like them..." I murmur.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 15.02.2014
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 15.02.2014
    (No hard feeling Tux! It is a war remember! And I don't know about this evil source yet! I was still planning to attack you!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 15.02.2014
    The Prince of Grey Wind follows the Queen of Redhall into her guest hall. He then turns to Damien, after heeding what Damien had said, "send your companions home. But with proper training, they could have been used in the Uithdain to stop this war, rather than fuel it." Damien sends his companions home, then we follow the Queen of Redhall into the hall.
    "You're probably wondering why the Prince of Grey Wind is here," Shadow says, seeing the confused look on Sarah's face, "It's to recruit you into the Uithdain. As for the war, your heir can lead, however, I need someone of your skill level to end the war, and to figure out why it started in the first place."
    "You do not know?" She asks, looking at me skeptically.
    "No. I'm afraid the Emperor himself doesn't know. That's why it's important for the Uithdain to rebuild, we need to find the source of the war, so we can put an end to it before it's too big. As for the moment, before we can take a large step forward on finding the source of this war, we need to stop an incoming attack; The Emperor has observed that the King of Greystone has amassed his troops and is ready to move against the the city of Ayelia in Redhall. I want my father to lend me ships so I can gain your allegiance, M'lady, if not for the Uithdain, then instead for the empire, or more so, the four kingdoms. Would you like to see the kingdoms in total ruin? Because that is where this war is heading." Shadow looks at the Queen of Redhall, awaiting an answer.
    Firmly grasp it.
    edited 15.02.2014
    *Map that I made*

Attachment not found.
    Firmly grasp it.
    edited 15.02.2014
    I see all the guards around me.......I better make myself look good........Eh. I'll just read the book...
    Part of something as Tux
    I use Linux!

Tux @ au 1 ~ ???
    edited 16.02.2014
    Izec is now deep down into the magma vents. A steel drum made in anticipating of this task. It should hold it form long enough Izec thinks. He has left anything unnecessary for the task behind, including his own armor. Lose fitting cotton cloths and his leather smith tunic was all he needed, along with the hammer of the chief, pass down from every chief blacksmith in Blackfyre since the man first learn to use magma for their forge. He stops at the end of the pool of magma. Unlike the usual magma that burned an orange this was flowing in the metallic color of steel, an iron rich vein, a pure vein in fact. This when cooled and formed into weaponry or armor will never be broken nor even scratch by inferior metal. Even steel be little more then a rotten tomato against it. Only the Chiefs the very best were ever allowed to handle this since any imperfections in it would bring internal shame upon their clan. Grandfather the thought comes up with the sight of the pool. My name will join yours in the list of the greats. Izec lower the drum enough into the magma to start to fill it up. I promised you I will, and now I am fulfilling that promise. It will rival the armor you have made the emperor.

General Hon face pales, him and his men are now looking over a field of dead bodies that are covered in black boils. "I knew you had to see it your self to believe it" the carpool says. General Hon just continue to stare for a total of 30 more seconds before averting his eyes. A mere mutter escape his lips "Close down the roads." The carpool not sure he hear right asks, "what did you said General." Hon raises his voice to a near shout, "You heard me carpool. Close all the roads, bar the gates to the cities, no travel. We don't want this spreading and causing the whole of Blackfyre or Grey Wind to end up like the barbarian hoard before us." Hon turns his horse and starts to ride away. "What should we do with the barbarians?" the carpool ask. Hon replies "Burn them all."
  • InsaneDuckling (GB1)InsaneDuckling (GB1) Posts: 19,271
    edited 16.02.2014
    Meanwhile, up in the mountains of Greystone, an archer is practicing her bow an arrow. Her seventh arrow strikes the center of the target. In a row, seven targets lay with a long wood arrow in the dead center.
    A knight burst in though the large oak doors and pant:
    'We must prepare for defense, Lady Areela!' he quickly says as he stands straight. 'Our spies have heard of one of the other lands that will station their troops at the foot of the mountain at dawn.' He explains.
    'Prepare the troops at the front gate, and the walls' I command, sternly. 'Have them ready for the oncoming attack our spies so surely tell us.'
    The knight nods and leaves the training stadium. He was heard yelling orders, followed by the sound of loud clanking. I shake my head, thinking 'These knights just can't prepare for defense quietly can they?'
    I, myself walked out of the stadium to see the men I command, grabbing their swords and crossbows, and climbing onto the large towers on the walls. A newbie that was talking to my second in command was looking confused, and had a scroll in his hand.
    I walk over to him and ask what was contained in that scroll?
    'It is a important message that was entrusted to me.' He replies. Then I realized that this was a messenger. But from where?
    He continues. 'From my master. The Prince of Greywind.' He passes me the scroll.
    I unravel the new looking scroll, and it was a message saying that the Prince of Greywind would join me and my brother in a meeting next week.
    A Keep servant runs past me, and I yell over at him. 'Stop!' The servant stops, turns around, and asks:
    'Yes ma'am?' I pass him the scroll.
    'Put this in my room please. Don't let anyone else take it' I tell him in a low voice.
    'Yes ma'am' he says with a curt nod. He walks away as I sigh at the soldiers rushing around me.
    I walk over to a Swordsman pointing and yelling himself hoarse at a couple of soldiers.
    'Darkscythe, are you sure the spies are correct?' I say in a low voice. He turns around.
    'I am not sure. But it is as accurate as they can get. It may be possible it may not, my sister. But we must prepare.' He says.
    I nod and sling my quiver of arrows around my neck, and raise my bow to a dark looking shape. But it vansihed before I could take a clear shot.
    'What is it?' Darkscythe asks.
    'Nothing.' I say as I squint where the dark shape had disappeared. 'I'll be right back. I need to check something. I walk past the castle gates, with my bow raised and a arrow fixed, ready to fire. I leap onto a nearby rock, and shoot. A grunt was heard where I shot, and appeared to be a spy, as I landed next to him.
    'I am a spy from the Emporer of the four lands!' He shouts.
    'Hmmm... What's your name?' I say as I look at him curiously.
    'Severein.' he says. I pull the arrow from the cloak he was wearing and he ducks and runs off.
    'Hmm. Typical.' I say as I see him disappear.
    Bazooka Duck of Fire | High Councillor of Inrazimad | That Person with an Addiction to Cookies 

Um . . . I don't have enough titles. I must brainstorm!

@au1 ~ graceL.H.E - Level 70 - Storm Cloaks - The Terrible
    @en1 ~ InsaneDuckling - Level 70 - New Vision - The Terrible

One of those weird old players who became all sentimental after leaving the game before they could see dear old Empire rot away even more. 
Sign In to comment.