Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Around the world in 10 levels - Baldrick's journey...

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
edited 14.02.2014 in Players ask Players
This thread is designed as a travel journal, and will tell the story of Baldrick, who is attempting the world's first ruby free circumnavigation of the new premium system.

"One man - seven castles - no rubies"

It is now day three of my attempt to reach level 10 in the new premium system. I started this journey with the intention of seeing new sights, visiting new levels and gaining new bonuses.... who knows how long it will take?

Journal so far...

Day 1

Zero points, zero time, zero bonuses.

Day 2

Zero points, zero time, zero bonuses.

Day 3

150 points! Yay!

A new event! Yay!

Oh, hold on, zero time, zero bonuses :(

Day 4

I have reached the giddy heights of level 2! As a reward for my "deal or no deal" influenced box choices I received 360 premium points.

I get 5% stone, 5% wood 5% food in my main castle and 5% attack speed. As I have breached the level 2 barrier, I also get 24 hours premium time. Let's see if I can sustain this level for more than two days and whether I find any time in any of those boxes, or if it's just points that are available.

Will I still have bonuses in 24 hours? Will I glide up to level 3? Find out tomorrow....

Day 4 bonus sausages

1 hours additional premium time from the nobility contest and probably another 12 hours later too....looks like I'm in this for the long run..... that's if you see a day and a half as a long run.... Got the extra 12 hours, not that hard really. Time runs out tomorrow, what are the chances I can extend it sans rubies? Still on level 2, so the bonuses are fairly useless if I have to spend rubies to keep them, which I wont be doing...

Day 5

Time has run out. I still have level 2 available, but no time left to activate it. I feel like someone has given me a new car, which is on a desert island with no petrol. Sure I would like to drive it, but all I can really do is look at it. Think I'll move my hut to the other side of the island so I don't have to look at it.

Day 6

Still sitting at level 2, and close to level 3. But hey, without premium time it's completely worthless, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting any more time soon. I moved my hut to the other side of the island, it's a but nicer there. Takes my mind off the shiny new car I can't drive. Maybe I'll find some petrol in the jungle tomorrow.....

Bonuses = zero.

More tomorrow

I would like to hear from other players and find out how everyone else is getting on with the new system, feel free to post here ensuring you provide details of points, time, and bonuses. Please also be sure to explain how you obtained these and whether you spent rubies.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• Eric768 (US1)Eric768 (US1) US1 Posts: 7,183
    edited 07.02.2014
    Well, I am almost certain GGE gave out premium points and time on the first day, to make us all rave over this grand new function, and to encourage us to indulge ourselves in higher levels by purchasing the Premium Points, or as I like to call them, PP because it seems to be where they belong.

I don't get the time system.. It is sheer insanity. Honestly, how is this better than the old system for those that purchased it? It seems to be more costly, complicated, and blood dripping of profits, squeezing the sponge to get every dollar...

You now need to buy 10 times, or possibly more, the amount to get what you could have gotten with no time restraints, and at a cheaper rate. I don't know about this update..
    Proud to have been one of the longest serving members on USA1
    Advocate of speaking up regarding mental health and seeking help
    ***Currently Retired from playing GGE***

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 07.02.2014
    That sounds about right, give everyone some free time on day one hoping they get used to some benefits and then hope they throw some rubies at it in their confused state.

Maybe it's because I tend to collect my login bonuses at 11pm that I didn't get any, and if that's the case, then a lot of other players did too. If you logged in for the first time that day after the update, you got the free time.

Even if I manage to reach the giddy heights of level 10 without rubies, the cost to activate the time is still three times more expensive than the old system. Wondering now whether it is possible at all to gain time and points from the game...
    It's been a while.....

• questmaster (INT1)questmaster (INT1) INT1 Posts: 153
    edited 07.02.2014
    This is suppose to be "Around The World in 80 Days".... But I want to see how this turns out for you Baldrick, for trying to do what GGE promises you can do! It will probably turn like the guy who got banned from Walmart for life because he took them up on "Ad Matching"!!
    Questmaster @ Intl. 1

Treasurer of The Wolf Pack
  • PraesentyaPraesentya Posts: 1,685
    edited 07.02.2014
    I made it to Level 2 Premium the first day, that lasted for 24 hours...

So far, I am relying on GGE to change the Premium System and maybe I'll actually throw some money at it if they do a halfway decent job.

Oh, and I started playing Alliance Warfare, you know, just in case this company implodes or something drastic like that happens.
    Praesentya @ 'Murica1
  • AhmadPlayer40AhmadPlayer40 Posts: 325
    edited 07.02.2014
    Half the people playing this game found new games right after this update :) I already found 2 and I am playing them
    AhmadPlayer40 @ usa 1
    4.jpg
    edited 08.02.2014
    After 4 days I'm still on level 2, and i have a whopping 16 hours of time left. I think the most annoying thing about this is that the King's Market is highlighted orange, which only reminds me of the sorely missed veteran overseers, which provided additional food that I now have no chance of ever getting again...

Rather than being excited about this, I'm actually feeling sad..... Another opposite effect due to an update...
    It's been a while.....

• CruciartusCruciartus Posts: 5
    edited 08.02.2014
    I've been playing less than an hour and I'm on level 2 :)
    Cruciartus @ en 1
    edited 08.02.2014
    Cruciartus wrote: »
    I've been playing less than an hour and I'm on level 2 :)

Are you talking about player level of premium level?

I've been playing the game for two years and I'm level 70. This thread is about the new premium system, not player level :)

Good luck with the game!
    It's been a while.....

edited 08.02.2014
    Probably means premium. Doubt a level 2 would be in the forums, considering that takes all of 10 seconds, and another 20 seconds to get to level 3. ;)

Rest well Jason; a fantastic player and an even greater person. Gone but not forgotten.
    edited 08.02.2014
    Thanks :) I mean Premium. I get a funny looking flag as well.
    Cruciartus @ en 1
    edited 08.02.2014

Yeah, one of those bonuses.

edited 09.02.2014

I couldn't find you on the map earlier. Level 8 player with level 2 premium! Well done. mind you, when it runs out, you'll be asked to pay 38,000 rubies per month to keep it...
    It's been a while.....

edited 09.02.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I couldn't find you on the map earlier. Level 8 player with level 2 premium! Well done. mind you, when it runs out, you'll be asked to pay 38,000 rubies per month to keep it...

:0 i cant pay that. What if i get say 150 Premium every day in the log-in? then would i keep it?
    Cruciartus @ en 1
    edited 09.02.2014
    :0 i cant pay that. What if i get say 150 Premium every day in the log-in? then would i keep it?

Maybe, but you also need to have time to make it work, and you get that for 24 hours each time you level up the premium system, but you only get it once for each level. So you need to find premium points and time every day.
    It's been a while.....

• edited 09.02.2014
    I'm sorry Baldrick but i think you set yourself an impossible challange, at level 9 you need to get 12500 Premium Points a day or buy Premium so you don't lose the points at the end of each day. There is a certain place in the new premium system when it becomes cheaper to buy premium to keep your level from decreasing rather then buying premium points to keep your level from decreasing (I currently have 835 premium points, you need 1000 points for level 3)
    edited 09.02.2014
    I'm sorry Baldrick but i think you set yourself an impossible challange, at level 9 you need to get 12500 Premium Points a day or buy Premium so you don't lose the points at the end of each day. There is a certain place in the new premium system when it becomes cheaper to buy premium to keep your level from decreasing rather then buying premium points to keep your level from decreasing (I currently have 835 premium points, you need 1000 points for level 3)

I don't intend to keep level or time here, what I want to do is to show that even by working as hard as is possible (I gained all bonuses so far from the first point awarding event) it is unlikely that anyone will ever get past the first few levels.

Just got my log in bonuses for tonight. 150 more points and zero time, so I'm still at level 2 and have only 12 hours of time remaining.

This journal is a record of what is and what is not possible, as GGS have stated that players would be able to slowly gain points and level up through game play. This thread is intended to prove whether that is possible or not, and for that to be recorded for all to see.
    It's been a while.....

• edited 09.02.2014
    I don't intend to keep level or time here, what I want to do is to show that even by working as hard as is possible (I gained all bonuses so far from the first point awarding event) it is unlikely that anyone will ever get past the first few levels.

Just got my log in bonuses for tonight. 150 more points and zero time, so I'm still at level 2 and have only 12 hours of time remaining.

This journal is a record of what is and what is not possible, as GGS have stated that players would be able to slowly gain points and level up through game play. This thread is intended to prove whether that is possible or not, and for that to be recorded for all to see.

Well, i think that a non-ruby buyer won't be able to get past level 4. Actually, i think it would be quiet an achievement to even reach level 3...
  • SalimL2410SalimL2410 Posts: 103
    edited 09.02.2014
    Eric768 wrote: »
    Well, I am almost certain GGE gave out premium points and time on the first day, to make us all rave over this grand new function, and to encourage us to indulge ourselves in higher levels by purchasing the Premium Points, or as I like to call them, PP because it seems to be where they belong.

I don't get the time system.. It is sheer insanity. Honestly, how is this better than the old system for those that purchased it? It seems to be more costly, complicated, and blood dripping of profits, squeezing the sponge to get every dollar...

You now need to buy 10 times, or possibly more, the amount to get what you could have gotten with no time restraints, and at a cheaper rate. I don't know about this update..

That's the point.. It WAS good so naturally they changed it so it would no longer give us an advantage, simply drain our money
    SalimL2410 @ usa 1
    edited 09.02.2014
    Well, i think that a non-ruby buyer won't be able to get past level 4. Actually, i think it would be quiet an achievement to even reach level 3...

I'm a ruby player, yet if I wanted the same benefits I used to get from the old system, I wouldn't be able to afford it.

This isn't about non ruby players getting nothing, this is about ruby players getting nothing worthwhile.

We have also lost lots of little perks that made the game a little but nicer to play. Less for more. Shame really.

Tomorrow I search for more of that elusive premium time.....
    It's been a while.....

• edited 09.02.2014
    I'm a ruby player, yet if I wanted the same benefits I used to get from the old system, I wouldn't be able to afford it.

This isn't about non ruby players getting nothing, this is about ruby players getting nothing worthwhile.

We have also lost lots of little perks that made the game a little but nicer to play. Less for more. Shame really.

Tomorrow I search for more of that elusive premium time.....

Yeah, it definitely is much, much more expensive for ruby buyers to reap the benefits of the new premium. Oh, and remember to use the extra keys you get from premium to open the boxes, you might get lucky with just one extra one (I forgot about it the first time and realised when i read the bonuses on the premium screen)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file