Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Danger accout Hackers!

dandelion1958 (GB1)dandelion1958 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 827
edited 23.01.2014 in Players ask Players
been advised from another player that people have been approached being offered a ruby hack - this is only a scam to gain passwords and a prelude to accounts being stolen - I only have been warned about this and no one in my alliance has been approached as yet!

X(
Post edited by dandelion1958 (GB1) on
dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
taking a more relaxed role:-)
PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800

Comments

• Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 22.01.2014
    Anyone who decides to try a ruby hack gets what they deserve in my opinion.

Its just a shame that GGS don't go into cheaters accounts and spend their rubies, disband their alliances and abandon their outposts.

Now that would put people off :)
    It's been a while.....

• edited 22.01.2014
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Its just a shame that GGS don't go into cheaters accounts and spend their rubies, disband their alliances and abandon their outposts.

I'd actually quite enjoy that. Since we don't really get any cheaters though (since cheats don't work) we haven't actually had one yet!

Regards,
    Ethan
  • dandelion1958 (GB1)dandelion1958 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 827
    edited 22.01.2014
    just posting information recieved passed message on to my alliance and will do to all with pacts just thought easier to get warning through to people from here :-)

PS not saying people would "cheat" but as most players here are non-ruby buyers, it would be tempting for youngsters (at least 25% of our members are under15), who might not know better!
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Draco14Draco14 Posts: 88
    edited 22.01.2014
    Shame these hacks don't actually work. if the did then I could get a job at GGS spending rubies pointlessly and disbanding large alliances!

-EDIT-

The only kind of hack that could possibly work is getting a hacker inside GGS's support team. This would enable them too add rubies at will to they're and they're friends accounts.
    Draco, Proud General Of Ragnarok On UK1

<WE ARE THE TERRIBLE>
  • lordsaruman (US1)lordsaruman (US1) US1 Posts: 926
    edited 22.01.2014
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    I'd actually quite enjoy that. Since we don't really get any cheaters though (since cheats don't work) we haven't actually had one yet!

Regards,
    Ethan

Well since you dont do it to any cheaters, why not do it to the multi-accounters :D
    Lordsaruman int'1 former US1 member

Big bad scary war marshall of Pirates LOW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 22.01.2014
    Well since you dont do it to any cheaters, why not do it to the multi-accounters :D

Question; Why is your avatar a tough guy in a Bra?

<WE ARE THE TERRIBLE>
  • CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 22.01.2014
    Draco14 wrote: »
    Question; Why is your avatar a tough guy in a Bra?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryback
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
    edited 22.01.2014

This is exactly what I meant. Disbandment, ruby poverty and outpostlesness for all cheaters!
    It's been a while.....

• RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 22.01.2014
    This is exactly what I meant. Disbandment, ruby poverty and outpostlesness for all cheaters!

... and lovers of turnips!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • Zopey2Zopey2 Posts: 16
    edited 22.01.2014
    If I were to know someone who has multiple accounts, but didn't want them to know I told, how would I do so?
    Zopey2 @ usa 1
    edited 22.01.2014
    Contact support. But if he is turned in by you he's likely to guess its you that turned him in due too the fact YOU JUST ASKED.

<WE ARE THE TERRIBLE>
  • pacmanzkockypacmanzkocky Posts: 357
    edited 22.01.2014
    CM Malreyn wrote: »

Regards,
    Ethan

your saying no ones tried shocker maybe there all work on hacking PS3 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this is what GGE loves best
    edited 23.01.2014
    Hacks probably don't work because GGS probably store all players info on a database and they've got some geeky guys to set up defences only the geeks could brake and then paid the geeks not too tell anyone how to get past.

Am I right Ethan?

<WE ARE THE TERRIBLE>
    edited 23.01.2014
    Here's how I think it actually works...

Empire works from a database which is stored on their secure servers in Hamburg, and that information is displayed by Flash on our computers.

As far as I know, these hacks are somehow able to alter the flash platform graphically to make it look like players are being given free rubies, but in reality, nothing on the GGS servers is changed. If a player actually tried to spend the rubies, it simply wouldn't work.

In order to use these hacks that don't work, players must hand over their account details and passwords. Once they do this and the hack adjusts their flash player, I would imagine they then leave that account alone, giving the owner time to tell all his friends about the hack, leading to more stupid players signing up, and providing more accounts to the hackers so they can do more damage.

The result is that the hackers get lots of account details to play with and not a single player gets anything in return.

Players trying to use these hacks get what they deserve, and get no sympathy from me. Haha!
    It's been a while.....

• cat402cat402 Posts: 830
    edited 23.01.2014
    Anyone who decides to try a ruby hack gets what they deserve in my opinion.

Now that would put people off :)
    Why not do that same thing to all the idiots that are sending me (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) and alliance members advertisements for hacks?
    Cat40, former Castle Protecti leader, a Proud Non-Ruby-Buyer
    [FONT=&quot]If you want to contact me about something I did or said on the forums, please private message me though the forums, not through the game.
    Speed equation (link)
    [/FONT]
    408990172.jpg
    [FONT=&quot][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]

If you beat me once, you earn my respect.
    If you beat me twice, I mark you as a target.
    If you beat me three times, shame on me.
  • Butterontoast77Butterontoast77 Posts: 203
    edited 23.01.2014
    My brother was only tempted once with a message that was advertising a rube hack for free. I told him not to do it, because he would either get caught or the other guy would somehow lure his account info out of him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 23.01.2014
    cat402 wrote: »
    Why not do that same thing to all the idiots that are sending me (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) and alliance members advertisements for hacks?

I think you'll tend to find the messages are either from accounts that were setup for the purpose, or accounts that have already been stolen by the supposed ruby hackers.

All you can really do is report the accounts that are sending the adverts, but they would probably just find new accounts tomorrow to do it from, so I doubt much would happen. You can't hack a hacker, because you can't hurt them.
    It's been a while.....

• cat402cat402 Posts: 830
    edited 23.01.2014
    I propose someone do this: Create a hack to use on the idiots who try to hack us! They try to use it, and it deletes the first account ever accesed from that computer, so thier main account will hopefully be destoryed. So you beat them at thier own (horrable) game! I would do it myself but I don't think the admin would appreciate it and I don't know all the codeing requried.
    Cat40, former Castle Protecti leader, a Proud Non-Ruby-Buyer
    [FONT=&quot]If you want to contact me about something I did or said on the forums, please private message me though the forums, not through the game.
    Speed equation (link)
    [/FONT]
    408990172.jpg
    [FONT=&quot][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/FONT]

If you beat me once, you earn my respect.
    If you beat me twice, I mark you as a target.
    If you beat me three times, shame on me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file