Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Crafting Items

Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
This is quite a big feature to suggest, I guess.

Currently, the main way to gain gold is from taxing and attacking other players. The game is great but I would love to see a little bit more economic features within the game.

I am suggesting the ability to build workshops which will enable players to craft items within the game. Perhaps statues from stone or bows and arrows from wood. These items could be used within your castle (statues for public order and bows for subsidised archer cost - two examples only). Alternatively, players could focus on making items which could then be exchanged for gold.

I know this would be a massive feature (possible game changer) but I see no reason why a small implementation of this could not be included? If successful, an expansion could be made.

I think this could add an extra dynamic to the game and bring out a new kind of player (one who focuses on economic success).

Has this already been suggested? Is this a bad idea? What are people's thoughts?
Chris2307 @ en 1
Post edited by Chris2307 (GB1) on

Comments

• RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 16.12.2013
    Many games use similar features, but these are dedicated PC or console games. This level of complexity isn't possible in a browser game, without a serious loss of fidelity...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno
  • Chris2307 (GB1)Chris2307 (GB1) Posts: 944
    edited 16.12.2013
    Could you elaborate? I see no reason why a feature like this would not be able to be implemented in a browser game, with quite some success.

I'm not suggesting a new kind of ecosystem in which players trade with each other (far from it) but a simple inventory of items held by the player. These items are generated by using resources in the game. These items can then be sold or use. I see this being no more of an extension of the current inventory system which would be in place to contain information on troops, resources, gold and rubies per castle.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Colt442Colt442 Posts: 2,168
    edited 17.12.2013
    We rly don't need more buildings in the game.
    20a6j54.gif
    edited 17.12.2013
    Who's we? I play the game and I would love more detail to it! Have spoken to several others who share the same opinion.

I know some people are protective of this game and some people don't like too much change but if a game doesn't grow and evolve, it soon becomes boring. People soon stop playing. It soon becomes stagnant.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Colt442Colt442 Posts: 2,168
    edited 17.12.2013
    LOL if that added a building every time someone came up with a lame idea do you rly think that would help the game?
    20a6j54.gif
    edited 17.12.2013
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if buildings were added after a reasoned discussion then the game could improve.

You coming on and making a sweeping statement on behalf of the entire community, with nothing to back you up is not a reasoned discussion.

For example, let's take "every" idea that has come up so far. By your argument, there would be no game at all. Nothing wrong with discussing future improvements because they may lead to something being added.

Come back with something to add next time please. Where is the reasoning behind your argument? Other than "OMG... so lame! We don't need no more buildings PLZ!"

[EDIT] Lame idea or not (That's your opinion), nothing wrong with running trials in games which is what I am merely suggesting if you read my previous post. This is how many features in many games/applications/websites make the final cut.
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • Urúvion (US1)Urúvion (US1) Posts: 13,858
    edited 17.12.2013
    I agree with the fact that we don't need more buildings, space in a castle is something you can not waist and I don't think this is something that really adds to the game, these things are basically already possible with research plus you can already build statues. I personally don't think we need another way of getting gold eather, there are taxes and RB's. One could survive by just attacking RB's and I know some people who don't even bother with taxes as a hit on a high level tower can get you more gold than you could collect in three hours.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
  • inMiscAnnus (US1)inMiscAnnus (US1) Posts: 575
    edited 17.12.2013
    "Currently, the main way to gain gold is from taxing and attacking other players"

False.

Tax sucks unless your a noob and attacking others dose not give you coin. RBC attacks do.

My taxes is like 800 per 10mins, which is nothing i don't even use it. But i make over 100K in 10mins from RBC attacks.
    inmiscannus is right
    x2802h.gif
    edited 17.12.2013
    "Currently, the main way to gain gold is from taxing and attacking other players"

False.

Tax sucks unless your a noob and attacking others dose not give you coin. RBC attacks do.

My taxes is like 800 per 10mins, which is nothing i don't even use it. But i make over 100K in 10mins from RBC attacks.

Right, taxes don't give anything compaired to what you can get from towers.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein
    edited 17.12.2013

False.

So what are the other ways of getting gold? I make a statement which you tell me is false but then don't explain how it is false!

And this isn't just about gold. Would people not be interested in having additional game play within GGE? I know I would! More to do and more to enjoy... but I guess that is just me!

I do agree with the space issue but this is something that could be easily cleared up with changes to the game. Or why not combine this kind of feature with the market building?
    Chris2307 @ en 1
  • CptCHEESEBURGERCptCHEESEBURGER Posts: 1,061
    edited 17.12.2013
    Chris2307 wrote: »
    So what are the other ways of getting gold? I make a statement which you tell me is false but then don't explain how it is false!

And this isn't just about gold. Would people not be interested in having additional game play within GGE? I know I would! More to do and more to enjoy... but I guess that is just me!

I do agree with the space issue but this is something that could be easily cleared up with changes to the game. Or why not combine this kind of feature with the market building?

He did say how it was false. You said attacking players will earn you gold, he said that is not what happens, you attack RBCs instead to earn gold.
    2804p5h.png
    So, you're telling me that a woodcutter is now a dwelling?

​Retired from GGE~
  • Cornet6 (US1)Cornet6 (US1) Posts: 1,740
    edited 17.12.2013

He did say how it was false. You said attacking players will earn you gold, he said that is not what happens, you attack RBCs instead to earn gold.

He also said that taxes are nothing in compared to rbcs.
    Cornet6 @ usa 1
    Cornet6 @Canada 1 #TheDreamLivesOn

Proud Founder of AAG

http://www.associatedalliances.com/
    edited 17.12.2013

I don't get what you mean by "additional game play". How would this add to the game? Besides, like I said before, you can already do things to increase the attack/defence power of troops, you can already build PO items. I still don't see why this would be a benefit beings we can already do these things,
    -Albert Einstein
  • inMiscAnnus (US1)inMiscAnnus (US1) Posts: 575
    edited 17.12.2013

It's just false as in attacking players and collecting Tax is the main way to get coin. Not even close...Just Max towers and your good.

And to additional game play man i can't have this game as full time job. When i'm rolling i'm -2K food in every castle. Have 1 army out farming for food while two others are RBC hitting (IN EVERY WORLD). All while i'm recruiting troops and making tools full time, getting spy reports, sending D to alliance members and attacking real targets on time with my alliance members.

Give me more to do and im going to go insane. Those little red X's around my castle are already driving me up the wall. I don't want your free poverty res. Go away gge!
    inmiscannus is right
    x2802h.gif
  • RdrnnrRdrnnr Posts: 1,615
    edited 17.12.2013
    Could you elaborate? I see no reason why a feature like this would not be able to be implemented in a browser game, with quite some success.

I'm not suggesting a new kind of ecosystem in which players trade with each other (far from it) but a simple inventory of items held by the player. These items are generated by using resources in the game. These items can then be sold or use. I see this being no more of an extension of the current inventory system which would be in place to contain information on troops, resources, gold and rubies per castle.

I think it is a good idea, don't get me wrong. The limitations I am talking about are the processing power available to handle this much detail in the game. Don't forget, this is a server side game, your PC only displays the feed given it by the server. If you attempt to add too much detail in a server-based game, you overload the ability of the servers to handle it, causing lag at best and increased crashes at worst.

In case you say to buy more servers, don't forget that the typical server used by a game like this costs in excess of $100K. The money just isnt there to continually update the hardware to keep up with constantly increasing server load caused by continuous addition of processor-heavy coding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximum angulo Inferno

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file