Home Archives

VILLAGE LEAGUE now available on the TEST SERVER

Hey guys,

we just updated our TEST-Server.
You now have a sneak peek at the upcoming village league.
To try out that feature we added 100.000 gold to each test account.
Please give us feedback in the test server forum, so that we can adjust the feature for release.
Please be aware, that this is still a buggy test version of the feature.

Dennis

Comments

• this is fun a new challenge . i hope that the village is coming soon to the regulare coop
  • There is no limitation how often can we be challenged? We are doing challenges non-stop. This is not sustainable at all...
  • GrammyK (US1)GrammyK (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    We see where it is and have no idea what the completion is...Is it building in village?  Is it through missions?
    Upgrades?  We haven't hit the start flag because we don't know what to be ready for.
  • It's collecting crops :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well we have no idea how long does a challenge last till some one gets all five or does getting three end the challenge or is it on a timer hope someone has some info to share. Help moderators
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Many questions. How often can we start a challenge? How long does it take to finish? Is it limited to 24 hours or to whenever we finish? How is it scored? We completed one challenge but won no awards. Why? We are at the same level as when we started. Did we lose to the upper level and win against the lower? So if we maintain the status quo do we not get awards? How is the happiness of the village determined?  Obviously we cannot purchase and build decos  in the village so where does that come from? On the page that shows who we are competing with and what items we are collecting there is a number on a page (looks like a calendar page) in the upper right. The number I see was 47 and is now 48. What does this number indicate?
  • What is the difference in value between the Gem achievements earned via village league challenges.

Achievements listed in help are: Ranking achievement, Gem achievement, First Gem achievement and Last Gem achievement.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Many questions. How often can we start a challenge? How long does it take to finish? Is it limited to 24 hours or to whenever we finish? How is it scored? We completed one challenge but won no awards. Why? We are at the same level as when we started. Did we lose to the upper level and win against the lower? So if we maintain the status quo do we not get awards? How is the happiness of the village determined?  Obviously we cannot purchase and build decos  in the village so where does that come from? On the page that shows who we are competing with and what items we are collecting there is a number on a page (looks like a calendar page) in the upper right. The number I see was 47 and is now 48. What does this number indicate?
    Hey Beck! I'll try to answer what I can ;)

How often can we start a challenge?
    It seems we can start a challenge whenever we want as long as we don't have a challenge already going. We can start a challenge while being counter challenged too.
    How long does it take to finish? Is it limited to 24 hours or to whenever we finish? 
    The challenge will finish as soon as one of the co-ops have collected all the required products. I don't know if there's a 24 hour time limit. :/
    We are at the same level as when we started. Did we lose to the upper level and win against the lower?
    That's possible. If you don't beat the co-op that's ranked above you, you won't move up in the ranks. If you beat the co-op below you, you're just defending your position in the ranks.
    So if we maintain the status quo do we not get awards?
    I'm not really sure about this. It seems as though you should get medals for each challenge you win. I received the medals for a challenge that we won but didn't get the medals for the counter challenge we won, even though it said I won the medals. 
    How is the happiness of the village determined?  Obviously we cannot purchase and build decos  in the village so where does that come from?
    I think we can increase the village happiness by upgrading our decos with Greta. I've seen some that were obviously upgraded that have village happiness. 

On the page that shows who we are competing with and what items we are collecting there is a number on a page (looks like a calendar page) in the upper right. The number I see was 47 and is now 48. What does this number indicate?
    Good question! I was wondering about that myself. I wonder if it has something to do with the start of a new day/week?

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Rewards shop:

Are the rewards village-wide?  Does everyone get the reward?

Only the coop leader should be able to access it.

When I was online at the time of a challenge completion, I (the leader) got the rewards shop pop-up.  When I was not online for the next challenge's completion, I never got to see it.  This needs to be fixed.  I can't be online for every completion.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i do believe everyone gets medals to use in the rewards shop
    edited 28.11.2016
    Also, currently we rise too slowly.  We are 750th, but one of the only coops doing challenges.  When you are that much more active, you nee to rise faster.

And we got no medals for our second challenge. ( Which we won easily).
    Gavin now how do you know how active anyone else is geez this has only been like 36 hr into this take a breath.
    None of these starts and stops are logged in the Coop chat window.  We need them to be.  As leader, I would have no idea what was going on unless someone told me.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 28.11.2016
    Lost a challenge, kept the position - correct.
    Won a counter challenge, moved up 3 positions - how did that happen? Can't expect some co-ops on higher ranks being removed after 2 weeks of inactivity yet.
    I still have both the same co-ops around me - correct.

Small thing I miss: "Your co-op" button and "Search for" window on Weekly High Scores page. Scrolling down to your spot, unless you are on first few pages, is a nightmare.
    Also I could use direct acces to Co-op info page from Village League Competition Panel. just to see who I'm dealing with in the challenge.
    All 3 features are already in the game elsewhere so shouldn't be diffucult to add them here to increase players comfort.

Reward shop is only available right after winning a challenge? Can't see why. Would make more sense to shop for stuff any time within that set week's spending limit.
  •  

How long does it take to finish? Is it limited to 24 hours or to whenever we finish? 
    The challenge will finish as soon as one of the co-ops have collected all the required products. I don't know if there's a 24 hour time limit. :/

Our team has started a challenge, we have already completed 2 of the 5 products, collected in total 93%. Now all of a sudden (might be after 24h) the challenge has ended with the statement that we have lost the challenge.

In the help function this is definitly discribed completely different:

- There is no time limit mentioned

- The team who first finish all 5 products wins the challenge

- There should also be a win for finishing the first product first

We received nothing!

In this form the challanges are a joke. 

• black-.-angel (FormerMod)black-.-angel (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 19,044
    edited 29.11.2016
    There is no limitation how often can we be challenged? We are doing challenges non-stop. This is not sustainable at all...
    Hey @Gardenfairy (GB1), no, there is absolutely no limit. It depends on you how much time you want to spend on the challenges :)

Well we have no idea how long does a challenge last till some one gets all five or does getting three end the challenge or is it on a timer hope someone has some info to share. Help moderators
    @Damaria3 (US1), there is a 24-hr time limit to win the challenge but this restraint is not supposed to be there and will be removed :)

What is the difference in value between the Gem achievements earned via village league challenges.

Achievements listed in help are: Ranking achievement, Gem achievement, First Gem achievement and Last Gem achievement.
    @Rancher Di (TEST-SERVER1) The achievements will be added to the challenges later ;)

On the page that shows who we are competing with and what items we are collecting there is a number on a page (looks like a calendar page) in the upper right. The number I see was 47 and is now 48. What does this number indicate?
    Good question! I was wondering about that myself. I wonder if it has something to do with the start of a new day/week?
    The number indicates the current week in the calendar, yesterday it was 47th week, starting from Monday it's the 48th week ;)

Are the rewards village-wide?  Does everyone get the reward?
    Not all of the rewards, according to the OA some of the rewards will be given only to the members who contributed to the challenge, it will be based on their efforts. But some of the rewards are not implemented yet so it is more like a sound of the future :)

Won a counter challenge, moved up 3 positions - how did that happen?
    Well if an active coop somewhere above is deleted, you can climb the ladder. That could be the case. Maybe they really liked the newly added coop features :p 

- There should also be a win for finishing the first product first

There will be such achievement later on :)
    I wish they would rethink making player choose their prize each week I think we should be able to save our points to get something we really want. Is there some reason they couldn't be able to let us save, I am a reasonable person and if the answer is no can we know why. Thanks so much appreciate your help.
    black-.-angel said:

Won a counter challenge, moved up 3 positions - how did that happen?
    Well if an active coop somewhere above is deleted, you can climb the ladder. That could be the case. Maybe they really liked the newly added coop features :p 

I thought I've never seen a button to delete cooperative. Even went to check again. Then I realised that when the last man leaves the boat it sinks. So I guess that's the explanation. :)
  • smokingyo (FR1)smokingyo (FR1) Posts: 559
    edited 29.11.2016
    WHAT THE F.... ?
    all the challenges we are winning stop before the end !
    the cooperatives that challenge us are in the top 10, WE ARE at  RANK 100 !
    the amount of asked goods is so huge ! it 's crazy!

Have you seen the rewards ??? are you kidding me ? do you thing i am challenging to get corn seeds , or classical items?

i'm not so enthousiactic with this feature...

besides, i spent 20 000 gold to win just one challenge (that we loose indeed but we all tryed hard !)

don't call me for spending more gold for that event ! even if it was free, i get pain in my back....

GRRRRRRRR !

Post edited by smokingyo (FR1) on
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    I totally do not understand this village challenge at all.

One minute Black Angel said there is no time limit...than said there is a 24hr limit...which is it????

We just had a challenge finish on us that had only been going for 24hrs...we were only 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through.

Then to add insult to injury we loose to a co op of 1 that didn't have anything in the baskets..& this co op person is winning our challenge & we are a co op of 25.

This whole challenge thing needs to be reworked because it is not sustainable in a live co op..the amounts required are a joke..not possible to collect unless you do gold to win the challenge..which is what I suspect GGS wants us to do

I can see many people leaving co ops & possible the game with this village challenge. You don't even have the option to not participate in it.

I find this becoming a very not enjoyable game to play..it is just getting so complicated & stressful & taking up my whole day every day...yes I know I can choose not to play all the features of this game but when you are a member of a co op your loyalty is to it to help support it...so not participating in the village challenge would mean I would have to leave my co op & all my friends which is something I don't want to do

I would like to see GGS take this whole village concept away  When people were asking for a co op activity where we could exchange goods & collectibles..this is not what they had in mind.

I totally do not understand this village challenge at all.

One minute Black Angel said there is no time limit...than said there is a 24hr limit...which is it????
    What blackie said is that there is 24 hour limit operative at the moment. But it should not be so and some time later the limit will be removed and challenges will last untill one co-op harvests that all.
  • Why is there no notification of a win or loss?
    Why do we have to be on at the time of win to access prizes?  We should get a notification and be able to access prizes after logging on if the win occurs while you are off-line.
    One of my farmers said we won the challenge in the night but I see we are still in the same spot but co-ops on either side of us are different.  How does that happen without other challenges????
  • Thanks a lot, this challenge is a great success, all our players are quitting the test server....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

so, now the coop is rich, but those who still play are scared beeing challenged !

it looks like a bad joke. To play this challenge, you just wait with everything ready , you don't get money anymore, you don't get rocks, sand and otrher 'village goods....

well : NO INTEREST !

Lets be reasonable how this rewards thing is right now is a big fail for several reasons the biggest is that I can not be awake 24hr a day seven days a week to be able to shop in the rewards shop when challenge is done. This need to be addressed post haste. Secondly making us spend our rewards each week rather than saving is not very encouraging or player friendly think maybe should be monthly but give us at least two weeks and lastly everything is so complicated the happiness the multipliers it is all bit overwhelming.  NO 1 is fixing that we have to be there when challenge is over is a MUST.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Hey Beck! I'll try to answer what I can ;)

How often can we start a challenge?
    It seems we can start a challenge whenever we want as long as we don't have a challenge already going. We can start a challenge while being counter challenged too.
    We are at the same level as when we started. Did we lose to the upper level and win against the lower?
    That's possible. If you don't beat the co-op that's ranked above you, you won't move up in the ranks. If you beat the co-op below you, you're just defending your position in the ranks.
    So if we maintain the status quo do we not get awards?
    I'm not really sure about this. It seems as though you should get medals for each challenge you win. I received the medals for a challenge that we won but didn't get the medals for the counter challenge we won, even though it said I won the medals. 
    How is the happiness of the village determined?  Obviously we cannot purchase and build decos  in the village so where does that come from?
    I think we can increase the village happiness by upgrading our decos with Greta. I've seen some that were obviously upgraded that have village happiness. 

Jess, you are aweome. Thanks.
  • Arwyn (RO1)Arwyn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 403
    edited 30.11.2016
    Ok we have won some medals, but when i'm clicking on view rewards list i can't buy anything. How are we able to get those rewards?
    And another thing: we got -73 village happiness, this evening i improved my decos for about 60 points of satisfaction (looked at info to all decos improved), but village happiness is still -73. 
    So if we can not buy those  deco rewards with medals and none of my improvements wasn't added to village happiness,how are we going to improve it?
    @Arwyn (RO1)  You can only get in to use your points as soon as the challenge ends hence my big problem with this system who can be here 24/7 to be able to use their points and you lose those points if you dont use them by the end of the week another problem they need to let us save.  You have to buy decos in the reward shop to reduce the happiness it is not tied to Greta as it appeared.  We need the developers to have better communication with us we are all just winging it here. So what is the value of having those extra happiness with Greta I dont know hoping moderators will give us MORE INFO  so we are moving in a positive way. Hope I was able to help a lil bit.
  • Arwyn (RO1)Arwyn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 403
    @Arwyn (RO1)  You can only get in to use your points as soon as the challenge ends hence my big problem with this system who can be here 24/7 to be able to use their points and you lose those points if you dont use them by the end of the week another problem they need to let us save.  You have to buy decos in the reward shop to reduce the happiness it is not tied to Greta as it appeared.  We need the developers to have better communication with us we are all just winging it here. So what is the value of having those extra happiness with Greta I dont know hoping moderators will give us MORE INFO  so we are moving in a positive way. Hope I was able to help a lil bit.
    Thank you Damaria, i'm looking to pay attention when the challenge ends and see what's happen!
  • Stoppig this challenge would be the greatest idea of GGS
    ; )
Sign In to comment.