Home Archives Bugs

Bug: fishing bucket and tackle box

mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
edited 18.10.2016 in Bugs
- Bug Description - please describe your problem in Detail: 
I upgraded both the simple tackle box and the simple bucket to maximum level and for every level I needed to pay twice for the update to take place.
Moreover, I cannot see any single difference between for example the simple tackle box level 1 and the simple tackle box level 5 (I was expecting for example to get more space in the equipment, but nothing has change)

Edit: clarification: paying twice per level means, that I clicked and payed once and nothing happened, I clicked and payed an second time and it leveled up. For the next level the same, I clicked and payed once and nothing happened, I clicked and payed an second time and it leveled up. And so on for every single level. For level zero, I clicked once and nothing happened, I clicked twice and got an error (see my other post: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3229578/#Comment_3229578)

- When did the problem happen?
A moment ago.

- What did you do before the problem happened?
I was farming. Then I wanted to check how many fishing points I had so I started searching around (by the way, from what I have seen, it is impossible to see them unless you try to send Oleg to fishing trip which you cannot do if he's busy) and I saw I could upgrade the simple tackle box and simple bucket so I did.

- Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, how?
Not anymore since they are fully leveled up, but for every single level I needed to click and pay twice.

Edit 2: I upgraded the second tackle box and the second bucket until it grayed out (needs level 9 fishing xp, said) and then I tried to reproduce the issue above of having to click and pay twice and I couldn't. This time worked as expected. (I was able to upgrade it again due to this issue: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3237540/#Comment_3237540)
Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on

Comments

• tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    I think the tackle box and buckets are like the library or the garage which is why the price goes up for the next level.   I bought a few and on the buckets it clearly shows my buckets will hold more fish now than before.
    Unfortunately  I can't fish because I get the message there are no fish and come back later so I can't verify if the buckets and tackle boxes are working.

As for the tackle box I am not sure what holding more gear means but I bought them anyway.  No wonder I am running out of farm dollars.  lol.
    I also, wonder why there are so many sizes as I can't see where we get to select which one to use unless the size depends on what you are fishing for?
    Anyone else know?
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 20.10.2016
    This bug might be related to the bug above.

- Bug Description - please describe your problem in Detail: 
    I checked after today's server hour change and my simple tackle box and small bucket were again level 0. The next tackle box and bucket were available at this point. Is it intentional that they go back to level 0 or is that a bug? Anyway, I was browsing the other tabs and I had lost also all the baits that I bought (10 of each). I'm currently leveling Oleg once again to see if it is related to leveling up fishing or to the change of day in the server, since those are the only things that have happened in between me upgrading the tackle box and small bucket, buying the baits, and this observation of everything reset to level 0 or gone.

I upgraded the second tackle box and the second bucket until it grayed out (needs level 9 fishing xp, said) and then I tried to reproduce the issue above of having to click and pay twice and I couldn't. This time worked as expected.

- When did the problem happen?
    I realized just this early morning (at server reset day) but I had not checked it since Sunday, when I leveled up last time.

- What did you do before the problem happened?
    I was just checking if I could go fishing again or not (has been days) and browsing the different tabs.

- Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, how?
    Checking if I can by leveling up or if it was linked to server day change or if it was just a separate instance.

Edit: I leveled up to level 9 and everything seems in order (nothing has been reset)
    Edit2: This is definitely a bug. I leveled up again so that the next level of the bucket would become available and again I lost all the buckets, tackle boxes and rest of items bought. It just resets to whatever is given by default. This time moreover I cannot level up my medium tackle box and my medium bucket because it says that I need the small versions level 5 even after I bought them once again... the shopping cart button remains grayed out. Closing and opening the window makes the grayed button to become available though.
    However I leveled up at the same time that the day changed again, so still I do not fully know the reason.
    Edit3: Yesterday Ieveled up once more, so that the following level of the tackle box and bucket would become available and nothing got lost. This morning I checked and everything had been reset. So I am pretty positive that the whole fishing inventory (poles, hooks, baits, lines, reels, tackle boxes and buckets) resets at server day change.
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
  • same thing happened to me today everything reset and I had to repurchase my buckets and upgrade again so that I could go fishing then kept getting error code 7 will see if I can fish again tonight but am fishing for experience to level up because of the error I could not fish to gain experience
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    edited 25.10.2016
    Yesterday I had both the tackle box (1 and 2) and the bucket (1 and 2) fully levelled up and had purchased the initial level of tackle box 3 and bucket 3.  Today I still have box and bucket 1, fully levelled up, and box and bucket 3 at the first level.  Box and bucket 2 are both gone.......
  • Can't do the job-buy the sly bait for perch.Made several attempts-not included

• minimiku (JP1)minimiku (JP1) JP1 Posts: 64
    One bucket and two bucket level Max
    The third was the LV1.
    It was all gone.

• MikiB007 (GB1)MikiB007 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3
    Had exactly the same problem with having to re-purchase all upgrades for the bucket and tackle box. Anyone had any helpful feedback on this problem yet?
  • I am having the same trouble with the bucket being reset to nothing purchased.  Not sure why a bucket would be a consumable like line and hooks.  I know I am becoming less interested in fishing when I have to constantly dump farm dollars on something I bought the day before.  Upgrading something usually means once, not everyday.  
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 11.07.2017

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Looks like I am having the same problem @woodenskull (US1)  Just in case Santa decides to ask for fish I have been collecting some. I can not go out on boats to catch fish myself because my small bucket fills after catching 2 fish.  I am forced to send Oleg out on boats because as you can see, even though I have upgraded my bucket, the fishing mini game thinks I still have a small bucket. I wasted my money upgrading my bucket!
    Is this still a bug after all this time!

Sign In to comment.