Home Archives Discussions

Learn how to fish

Comments

• Hasilady (DE1)Hasilady (DE1) Posts: 4
    edited 18.10.2016
    Ich kann auch Aufgabe 2 nicht erledigen .... hoffe das wird bald repariert. so schaffe ich natürlich nicht bis aufgabe 5 zu kommen und sterben belohnung erhalten

Google translation:
    I can also do task 2 .... hope this will be repaired soon. So of course I do not get to task 5 to come and get rewarded

(black-.-angel)
    Post edited by black-.-angel (FormerMod) on
  • edited 18.10.2016
    So today the "learn to fish" arrow actually took me to a new screen.  told me to throw the hook and then nothing else.  The fish was running all over the place, I clicked everywhere I could think of to click, but although I got a hand, nothing happened.  How do you reel in a fish?  After about 5 minutes of watching the fish and the line go from green to red to green to red, etc. I got bored and quit the screen.  Totally confused on this.  Tried it again, but apparently my failed fishing attempt has now made all locations fished out.  Without any instructions this is really frustrating!

As for all the fish that Oleg has caught, where are they?  Can't find them anywhere and mermaid bay says I can't access it until Oleg is a higher level and no clue how to level him up.  I should have 30 or 40 fish, have checked farm management and storage but no fish anywhere.  

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I am still unable to fish, all I can do is send Oleg fishing for either Bass, Bonito or FXP.  Still at level 1. When I try to fish I am still getting the message that I have caught all the fish, even though I only fished once, and that was over 2 days ago.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    hi again, been away for a bit…  and read all this…. STILL NO CLUE what XP means.  
    I click Oleg,  I get 4 options.  Send fishing… fishing trip, tackle box, and supplies.
    SO which one is XP????????????? 

The sidebar task says "start producing XP in your shop."   
    I am guessing the "shop" means the mermaid bay thing?   Everything in it is grayed out.
    And if I click the green "show me" arrow, it highlights oleg.

I have not one single clue what to do next.   This is just stupid.
    I wish game programers (or any programers for that matter) would sit someone down right in front of them to watch how lost people who didn't actually program it get.   THEN maybe they would understand just how confusing stuff can be.

And once again, I've lost interest already.   Two pages here and still not a clue what XP is suppose to stand for.   Why not use full words?????

Extra Points  (technically that would be EP.)
    Experience points? (same as above)
    xylophone popping????   lol

Off to work my real farms.  Instructions people.   Make this just a LITTLE BIT more clear?
  • Evidently the fishing thing needs fixing.I have not been able to attempt the learning part but once.
  • I can't work out how to learn how to fish.

Any tips??

• Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Ο χρήστης Artmaker (GB1) είπε:
    hi again, been away for a bit…  and read all this…. STILL NO CLUE what XP means.  
    I click Oleg,  I get 4 options.  Send fishing… fishing trip, tackle box, and supplies.

I am guessing the "shop" means the mermaid bay thing?   Everything in it is grayed out.

I wish game programers (or any programers for that matter) would sit someone down right in front of them to watch how lost people who didn't actually program it get.   THEN maybe they would understand just how confusing stuff can be.

And once again, I've lost interest already.   Two pages here and still not a clue what XP is suppose to stand for.   Why not use full words?????

Off to work my real farms.  Instructions people.   Make this just a LITTLE BIT more clear?
    XP= Exprerience fishing points
    if you have the task says "start producing XP in your shop."  then go here
       where it says "send Oleg to fish" and choose the second card "the star"

and here you buy= make  XP

• I'm having difficultly understanding the directions on the new fisherman, the directions need clarification.  Also, after you tap the fish and the line is casted out, what is suppose to happen?  Do you instantly catch the fish, or is there a waiting time, of so... how long?
  • Its been all weekend and I too am still getting the error that I caught all the fish. 
  • Fishing tutorial doesn't work. Had to come here to find out how to use the reel to try to catch fish...ugghhh! Keep getting message all fish caught try another farm but can not even get a count on how many fish I have caught.
  • Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78
    edited 18.10.2016

Hi Barbs, once you have caught a fish, you need to reel him in.

Click and Hold the Reel symbol in the top left corner.

Release the tension if the line goes into the red, or it will snap.

One strange bit of language I noted...   If you go to the Mermaid Bay, and click on the Information icons, it tells you....     'Level 2: available from Level 16'....    oh yea?

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)

Ο χρήστης Artmaker (GB1) είπε:

XP= Exprerience fishing points
    if you have the task says "start producing XP in your shop."  then go here
       where it says "send Oleg to fish" and choose the second card "the star"

and here you buy= make  XP

OoooOOOOOHHHHOOO!!!!!!! 

THANKS!!!!!    I NEVER in a million years would have found that.
  • Oh i don't think i have seen any fishing tutorial and am totally confused. Please do not activate this on the regular server until we can actually have a good tutorial. GG you will just displease all your gamers.
  • Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with the fishing. I haven't been able to finish the learning to fish because I can't get the fish to reel in & now it says there are no fish available to catch. I too, cannot find out where the fish that Oleg catches is stored so I think I'll give it up for a couple of days to give the Game Guru's a chance to address the problems we are all having. I was promised an amazing reward if I reached Level 5 by Oct 17th but due to the issues I don't see me being amazed today.
  • Vlasta-k (AU1)Vlasta-k (AU1) AU1 Posts: 7
    I'm  trying to finish task 2 "Learn how to fish" but even after 3 days the answer is the same ( You caught all fish wait a bit more).
    Seriously it's frustrating.

• CityGirl (US1)CityGirl (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    edited 18.10.2016
    I agree that it should have more instructions. I found the way though. Just put what it is telling you in the empty slots in the right of the dialog that just opens (equipment)

Thank you so much @mia111 (GB1) for this tip. I could not figure out how to get the equipment and it turns out I had it -- just needed to drag it.  :D:p
    edited 19.10.2016
    New issue.    I'm suppose to donate X amount of catfish.  I don't have any catfish.  I can't figure out how to GET any catfish.   Try fishing but it seems I caught all the fish and wait a bit.   I haven't played since yesterday so how long is a bit???

Tried sending him fishing last night for 8 hours.   Seems he never got a single catfish.

Looking over supplies, maybe I have the wrong rig?   NO CLUE how to get the stupid catfish.

I sure hope no one rolls this out without reading all the frustration in this one thread alone.   Very poorly done here.  

edited to add,
    I did find catfish bait last night, bought some, thinking perhaps I somehow have to set him to fish with it, tried dragging it out of supplies and dropping it on oleg.  It just vanished.   

And… alas, I give up again.
    Post edited by Artmaker (GB1) on
  • checked all the places where fisherman oleg should be but he isn't there. plz help me.
  • I am still unable to try to do the fishing tutorial. My fishing level is 1. When I want to do the second part of the tutorial he says to me :  "You have already caught all the fish. Try again later." But 2 days later I have the same message. 
    I catch all the fish once (put all the 5 items in my tackle box) and find how to catch them all.
    My line snap one time but I had one more before going to fish.
    All I can do, is to send Oleg fishing and he put all his fish on the Mermaid bay. I can't use this mermaid bay because we need to be at fishing level 8.
    But I can't send Oleg for XP : "not yet available".
    So now I don't understand how to do. I read all the topics that I found on the subject in your forum without finding the solution.
    I hope you can help me.
     Hoping that you understood me? despite my pitiful English.
    I wish you a very nice day !

• This might be a little help to everyone. A CM posted in another thread about the tasks for fishing which explains why we are all frustrated and wondering how to Proceed farther. Here is the link to the post

You can read the posted info here:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/135704/update-fishing-feature#latest

Go to page 5 lower part of the thread posted by I1 Corsaro.

• Knollken (US1)Knollken (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Are catfish real?  Or just a fish story?
    Still no answers.  I posted in that other thread but I sure don't see anyone from GG explaining anything here.
    Can't donate catfish if I can't figure out how in blazes to get them.   Can't go fishing because I caught all the fish, wait awhile.  DAYS have passed.   Is this body of water polluted or what?  Maybe all the fish died.
    I know my interest in checking this thread every day sure has.
  • Still no answers.  I posted in that other thread but I sure don't see anyone from GG explaining anything here.
    Can't donate catfish if I can't figure out how in blazes to get them.   Can't go fishing because I caught all the fish, wait awhile.  DAYS have passed.   Is this body of water polluted or what?  Maybe all the fish died.
    Hey @Artmaker (GB1),

I believe you could find your answers in this CM's post:
    Boat Shop:
    The boat shop will be visible on the Flower Farm harbor starting from Fisherman's Experience Level 15 & not level 10, as previous stated. - I'm sorry the information given was wrong but, as you are already aware, things might be changed, adapted, re-balanced and optimized while they are on the test server :)

Catfish quest:
    You can only start fishing  for catfish once you have unlocked the Boat Shop. - The order and timing of the tasks will be reworked and adapted to better suit the fishing system development.
  • Still no answers.  I posted in that other thread but I sure don't see anyone from GG explaining anything here.
    Hey @Artmaker (GB1),

I believe you could find your answers in this CM's post:
    Boat Shop:
    The boat shop will be visible on the Flower Farm harbor starting from Fisherman's Experience Level 15 & not level 10, as previous stated. - I'm sorry the information given was wrong but, as you are already aware, things might be changed, adapted, re-balanced and optimized while they are on the test server :)

Catfish quest:
    You can only start fishing  for catfish once you have unlocked the Boat Shop. - The order and timing of the tasks will be reworked and adapted to better suit the fishing system development.
    I'm level 15, and the boat shop not appear!!!
  • Ok I tried to "Learn" to fish, I clicked the fish numerous times and nothing happend at all, no errors, no notice, (I had the pole, line, hook and bait)
    After trying for half an hour I tried just fishing and apparently was catching some.
    I went thru the 3 timed fishing trips and now when I try to fish or try to learn to fish it says I have caight all the fish available to wait or try fishing from another farm.
    Other farms give same responses or lack therof.

Ok, I didn't catch that post yesterday.    Here, just to help others out, is what was said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning everyone!

I'll try to shed some light on the biggest topics raised in this thread:

Fishing Minigame not working:
    We are aware of this and we are working to fix it as soon as possible to give you the chance to play around with it again!

Boat Shop:
    The boat shop will be visible on the Flower Farm harbor starting from Fisherman's Experience Level 15 & not level 10, as previous stated. - I'm sorry the information given was wrong but, as you are already aware, things might be changed, adapted, re-balanced and optimized while they are on the test server 

Catfish quest:

Stored fish not visible:
    This is also a topic the team is working on, the amount and type of fish you obtain from your fishing adventures will be visible.

Collecting Fishing XP dollars VS gold:
    The gap is not intended, the balancing numbers are not finalised but they will definitely be readapted.

Information:
    Many comments go in the direction of the system appearing to be not very intuitive. Our team is working on improving this and including additional information that will help to have a better understanding of the whole system.

A hotfix is currently under evaluation, though it is still too early to define the content and the time schedule, we will be sure to keep you in the loop 

I'd like to thank you all for the precise feedback you shared with us and wish you a great day!
    il Corsaro.
  • I have been able to fish once...but now it says the fish have all been caught.....can't go on any more..I have figured out that we should drag the article in the box.. Where are the cat fish,  it says donate catfish...but I can't go ',fishing'',, grrrrrr this is hard to find out

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

I have been able to fish once...but now it says the fish have all been caught.....can't go on any more..I have figured out that we should drag the article in the box.. Where are the cat fish,  it says donate catfish...but I can't go ',fishing'',, grrrrrr this is hard to find out

Catfish quest:
    You can only start fishing  for catfish once you have unlocked the Boat Shop
    Boat Shop:
    The boat shop will be visible on the Flower Farm harbor starting from Fisherman's Experience Level 15

well now I got "donate carp."   Only no carp in the water to fish, and oleg doesn't have carp as an option to send him fishing.

So once again…. ?????????????????
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    you have to buy bait for carp first. have you done that?
    go here
      and then choose baits

and buy the one you want, carp or whatever fish you want to catch

and then go here

and make sure first to drag the bait to your equipment
    check if you have everything and off you go fishing
    at least thats what i did and cought and donated all the fish needed
    hope you have a nice catch!

Sign In to comment.