Home Archives

Fishing Update: Top 3 points to optimization

Comments

• The layout problems we are having with the decorations.

• FunnyHasi (DE1)FunnyHasi (DE1) DE1 Posts: 337
    edited 18.10.2016
    ich komm bei level2 nicht weiter....habe angeblich alles weggefischt und soll später wieder kommen....

Google translation:
    I'm not at level 2 anymore .... allegedly everything fished away and is to come back later ....

(black-.-angel)

Post edited by black-.-angel (FormerMod) on
  • buskatze (DE1)buskatze (DE1) DE1 Posts: 25
    Gibt es auch einen deutschen Thread  ????
  • Comes the same message in three farms:

No fish currently here
    You just caugth all the fish in this location, wait a bit for more to come aroud or try fishing on a different farm

Thus it is not possible to test this new feature of the game.
  • ela614 (DE1)ela614 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 160
    edited 18.10.2016
    Hey
    es wäre sehr sinnvoll eine genaue Erklärung des  Spieles reinzuschreiben ... mehr durch Zufall habe ich den " Angelausflug " gestartet , es war etwas nervig , das ich nach jedem Versuch das Spiel neu starten musste , damit es weiter geht
    es wäre auch gut reinzuschreiben , das man die Spule so lange gedrückt halten muss , bis der Fisch raushüpft ...
    aber wohin verschwindet  der geangelte Fisch ?

Google translation:
    hey
    It would be very useful to re-write an exact explanation of the game ... more by chance I started the "angelausflug", it was a bit annoying, which I had to restart the game after each attempt, so that it goes on
    It would also be good to re-write, which one the coil must hold so long, until the fish raushüpftft ...
    But where is the fish caught?

(black-.-angel)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

3 most important things

1. This will not be ready in a few days.
    2. You'd be crazy to launch it to the live server.
    3. Seriously, you cannot launch this any time soon.
    Ditto
    Well GGS: if you don't want to create the same disaster as the last Flower Farm re-design, I suggest you actually listen to the players' feedback. There are no instructions about fishing, unknown benefits of the feature, and it is obviously not working properly yet.

This time I suggest you use the Test server to solve the problems before rushing a bug-filled update on the regular servers.
  • Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    no fishing line showing by starting fishing: pike with pike bait

restart game

next fishing no pike bait: it is gone

buy new pike bait
    go fishing, use pike bait...
    no fishing line after clicking a pike

restart game

next time: 

you just caught all the fish in this location..
    what? i'm unable to fish, see a lot of fish..and now i caught all?

please fix the invisible line
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Oleg's locations:

Flower Farm - end of the dock
    Main Farm - bridge over river, lower left
    Gourmet Farm - at the pond, lower left.
  • Fisherman task is to donate 250 catfish--- have bait for that but no option to catch catfish.
    Do I have to be a certain Fishing XP level for that ( I am at 6 now )-- this fishing thing is so very confusing!
    There really should be a better explanation as to "how to" as the "?" option isn't very explanatory or
     non -exsistant!
  • I still get the message that I've caught all the fish in that location even though I've never caught a fish.  Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?
  • 1) Instructions
    2) Pictures always helpful
    3) Someone that is around to answer questions

Hard to try things out when you are unsure of what to do.  Not sure why the help button doesn't have more information.  Would make the game so much easier.  With no real feedback from GGS, questions go unanswered for days, people give up

• feathy (GB1)feathy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    Clarification on the whole process would be quite helpful. The 'info' buttons only give a general idea.

Later on when the task list says to catch catfish, there is no hint/clue as to what is required to get to that point. Some additional clarification there would be great. Clarification on how to gain levels (so people don't overlook the level tab) and intermediate tasks would certainly help ease people into the role of fishing.

That's my initial thoughts and what could do with improvement, anyway. Clarification, intermediate tasks. Two points. I don't know about a third, yet (I need more experience)
  • CMMD (US1)CMMD (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    1. Tutorial disappeared before I finished reading it, and I can't find it or any other instructions anywhere. Definitely need to have more instructions, including in game instructions. For example, is it clicking the mouse that makes the fish land (very annoying--not fun) or is it time or the type of bait and what are the two timers on the left?
    2. I have fished once and cannot fish again anywhere. Need to give a time until things are active again or a way to restart something to be able to fish.
    3. Need to be clear about where things are. Fish are not listed in the farm management tab--I have no idea where my fish are, what I have or how many. Things seem to be named differently--are the fishing supplies the same as the shop? I'm just 100% confused about the whole thing.

Seconding things others have said--Oleg needs to stand somewhere else on another pier. I have to close the menu in order to use him. And clicking on the only question mark that I can find for help freezes the game.

Thanks.
  • 1. Clearer explanation of everything about fishing is needed.
    2. Every action in the fishing mini-game takes too long that it gets boring very quickly.
  • I really like the new interactive feature and how it is available on all farms with different fish.  However, I have not been able to fish for the last 18 hours because of a message that says that I have caught all of the fish in this location.  BTW Where do the catfish come from?  If I have to catch catfish by myself, won't it take a long time to catch 250 catfish?

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    edited 18.10.2016

1.a timer like for the ship to let us know when fish will be available again. I have waited 30 hours.
    2.more explicit instructions in the learn to fish screen. It says click on the fish and the hook will go to him. But it does not work that way.
    3.put the damn fisherman someplace besides under the harvest menu. sheesh.
    three are not enough.

3 most important things

1. This will not be ready in a few days.
    2. You'd be crazy to launch it to the live server.
    3. Seriously, you cannot launch this any time soon.
    Ditto
    Well GGS: if you don't want to create the same disaster as the last Flower Farm re-design, I suggest you actually listen to the players' feedback. There are no instructions about fishing, unknown benefits of the feature, and it is obviously not working properly yet.

This time I suggest you use the Test server to solve the problems before rushing a bug-filled update on the regular servers.

I really wonder at this point if there is anyone reading any of this. anyone besides us frustrated gamers I mean.

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
  • Allania (US1)Allania (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    edited 16.10.2016
    Love the fishing feature, thanks!

I don't have 3 things to fix yet as I am not far in enough, however I do have a comment or two.  
    1. Oleg Fisher  can only be moved down to get him out of the side menu without collapsing the menu. Can he be moved more to the left? (not a big issue though)
    2. this one is more important as it seems be be hindering the fishing progress. I have browsed through the tackle box and all the other fishing menus. However I cant seem to find any help how to progress.  It lets me fish as I have been catching bass, but no idea how to progress with the quests on the left hand side. The "a fish on the hook is worth 2 from the shop" , has no details on what I am supposed to be fishing for, nor anything in the ? screen. I'm guessing a bug.

3. So I managed to figure out how to get to the fishing trip - my comment would be to pause the reeling in of the fish or extend the time to let you read the tutorial of how to fish, or let you reopen the tutorial to reread properly. It goes by too fast. 

Thanks for a nice farm :)
  • This whole fishing thing is totally disappointing. I have no clue as to what or how or where on anything related to this new addition so as to go forward.. so i am not even going to bother with it here on the test server or, god forbid, when it appears on my regular farm unless some substantial directions/info is available!. 
    I am not a soothsayer, don't have a crystal ball or ESP so GGS people I really need some info as what the heck is going on!!
    Thanks to all you players who have provided some good info and tips.. what would we do without you!!!
  • SANG43 (BR1)SANG43 (BR1) BR1 Posts: 57
    edited 18.10.2016
    bom dia pessoal , gostaria de saber se vão demorar para arrumar o bugs que está ocorrendo na fazenda de teste é impossível chegar há qualquer nível desta maneira,  fico no aguardo de uma posição de vocês do big famer

Google translation:
    good personal day, I wonder if it will take to fix the bug that is occurring in the test farm is impossible to get there any level in this way, I'm waiting for a position you big famer

(black-.-angel)
  • Having to figure things out would be okay, if we could be sure what were intentional hurdles, and what are bugs. Currently we can't suggest what to fix because we don't know what is broken - outside knowledge seems to be required, but so far farming expertise or horse knowledge was unimportant in this game. It seems now one should know which fish are sweet water and salt water, which is fine by me, except it's so untypical after all the penguin farming that It seems a bug rather than a challenge.

• The game crashes when you click the help button in fishing equipment, making it necessary reload the page.

Yes, I got that too.
    And I can not fish by my self, it says I need more equipment. So thats a bug. Also my levelpoints stays at 0, so I cannot upgrade the fisher.
  • Heidi (INT1)Heidi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 479
    edited 16.10.2016

When reeling in a fish, it would be nice if it read to click and hold. Right now it just says to click and I clicked a lot of times until I figured that out. When reeling in, the instructions say to not let the line be red for too long.  My line does not always get red, but I need to watch the meter does not stay in the red. 

In the fishing instructions is said to get XP from the shop.  Because this is on the flower farm, I thought that meant the flower shop.  It took awhile to find how to get the XP. Better instructions on that would be nice.

After I went fishing one time, it says there are no more fish and I need to wait or go fish somewhere else.  I then found a fisherman on each the main and gourmet farms, but even though I have never fished there I am told by them that I have already caught all the fish at that location & need to go somewhere else or wait.  There is no note anywhere that says how long I have to wait, or if there is anything I can do to get more fish there. It has been 2 days.  More details on this would be really nice

• BarryJanet (US1)BarryJanet (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 16.10.2016
    1.  Tell me how to complete step 2 of the tutorial.  I have fished all three farms, and caught both bass and bonito in all three locations.
    2.  When Oleg catches a fish...I would actually like to SEE the fish that he catches when fishing from the pier.
    3.  Please explain better how to reel in the fish during step 1/2.  Clicking repeatedly does not work.  Also, show a change in the stress meter when reeling in.  Nothing seemed to happen when using Olegs rod and line

Barry
  • edited 16.10.2016
    Can't fish, all fished out even though I couldn't figure out how to reel in the fish.  Oleg has fished but can't find those fish anywhere and can't get experience points as that tab is locked and no matter how many fish Oleg catches I still have 0 experience points.  How do you unlock the XP tab?  What do you need to do to get XP?   When will there be more fish so I can try this again?   Having to go to the forum to find out what to do is not a good idea, you should have instructions in the game.
  • HeritageLady (US1)HeritageLady (US1) Posts: 44
    edited 18.10.2016
    In Farm Management under Farm Supplies tab, there is a new item called Seaweed. If you click the "i" button, it will tell you:

All fish are covered in small amounts of seaweed and of course your customers don't really want to eat it. We'll have to clean them, but at least all this extra seaweed comes in handy, since you can use it to make items like humus!

Looks like figuring out how the fishing works will be very important in finding seaweed to make seaweed items in our lab.

However, we need more information on how to catch the fish. My pond has been empty for more than 24 hours with no indication of how or when it will be full again. I have used gold to speed up the fishing levels. I have been able to purchase catfish bait and upgraded equipment, but I have no idea where to find the catfish!

More importantly, how do we get the seaweed from the fish?

Every time I log into the test server game, I must go to the main farm for the game to recognize I have a barn. Otherwise, I receive this error message: 

Your barn is too small. Build another barn or upgrade an existing one.

• madita2 (DE1)madita2 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 3,012
    edited 17.10.2016
    My fishing experience points are not increasing.
  • 1. I had a task that said "start producing fishing XP in your shop" - Huh?? what on earth is that supposed to mean? I eventually sent Oleg fishing for some XP & that completed the task, but I have no idea what that has to do with my shop lol

2. Your fishing level & fishing XP bar are too hidden away - The only place I found them was by clicking Oleg to send him fishing & if he is actually busy you can`t see them at all..... Unless they are also shown some other place that I have not yet found, which would prove my point that they are too hidden.

3. I agree with previous posters that instructions are very lacking - You get a task for catfish at a time when there are no catfish shown anywhere on anything.

• jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 18.10.2016
    the one thing for me is the seagull noise, it is still playing even though i am not on the flower farm. way tooooooo annoying. 

also i was / am confused as to what to do. finally worked out how to fish, but i was very confused.

I agree with everything in the thread but this one needs to be repeated loudly. The seagull noise is just awful. Please take it away. I already don't like the clucking of the chickens, seagulls are not a welcomed bird in real life either.

While we're at it, if you want something that sounds lovely in the background try a cardinal singing its song. Now that is a lovely background noise.

This feature desperately needs a tutorial that is clear and progresses at a reasonable rate.

1) Where do we find out how many fish we have caught so far? I am clicking around the inventory and can't seem to find the number of bass or bonito I currently have. If I run the restaurant I won't be able to find this information out.

2)I think leveling up the fishing level should be faster for those that can't afford using gold. Many people can't spend 400+ every 8 hours to enjoy the restaurant so they will probably become very unhappy with this feature. Add a zero to all the values you have right now and it would be a lot more progressive for those customers. So if fishing for 8 hours (cost of $34K) gives you 35 xp right now, throw us a bone and change it to 350 XP. Please and thank you :)

3) I really dislike this arbitrary waiting time to send Oleg on a fishing trip. It's been days now and I still can't send him out. I am using fish in the restaurant. I have leveled up my bucket. Give us a timer or something to let us know when Oleg can go out again.

Sorry this is a 4th point: I STILL can't figure out the cat fish task. I'm level 9 trying to use cat fish bait. What am I doing wrong?

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 17.10.2016
    I can not seem to do this. I am on the flower farm and in the fishing window. I have no line on the pool. I have clicked on the fish 100 times and nothing happens. 

A lot more instructions would be real nice.

If anyone that has figured this out can send me a pm with how to do this I would be grateful.

Now I am getting a box that saya I have caught all the fish yet my learn to fish task is still uncleared.  How can that be???
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 17.10.2016
    I can not seem to do this. I am on the flower farm and in the fishing window. I have no line on the pool. I have clicked on the fish 100 times and nothing happens. 

A lot more instructions would be real nice.

If anyone that has figured this out can send me a pm with how to do this I would be grateful.

Now I am getting a box that saya I have caught all the fish yet my learn to fish task is still uncleared.  How can that be???
    1) I'm not sure what you mean "clicked on the fish 100 times and nothing happens". Are you talking about the page where you can see into the water? Hold your mouse button down once you catch a fish. Let go if the line goes red. Repeat this before the timer runs out and eventually you'll land the fish.

2) Learn to fish means click on "Send Oleg fishing" and look for the second tab in that window. It looks like a silver star I think. You'll see that you can send him to learn to fish for minutes, or hours and it costs money or gold.

3) The box that says that you've fished all the fish in the area is a common frustrating point for all of us. We are all getting that message.

Sign In to comment.