Home Archives Discussions

Learn how to fish

Comments

• Click on fish to send hook however the rod had no hook and clicking on the fish didn't help.
    What am I doing wrong.

• edwinmit (INT1)edwinmit (INT1) INT1 Posts: 47
    u guys were great last time when we ask questions, now i can not throw a fishing line and no help from support! thanks a lot! i dont think i will help test all u wont help us help u with!

• Having problem with learning how to fish.  The tackle box is full but there is nothing on the pole and clicking on fish doesn't help. What am I doing wrong?  
    So far fishing has not been the best you have to figure out everything for yourself. Need Help. 
  • Thanks Data
    I AM GLAD  I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE, WHERE DID THEY SEND THE OWNERS MANUAL FOR PRINTING!
  • I can't even find him, the fishing guy will not spawn on my farm.  I know where he is located on all 3 farms, but he is not there.  

• who can tell us whether to fish again must change levels for all the fishing spots are blocked he told me to come back later but when ??????
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    my guess is we have to reach fishing level 10 in order to go fishing in other areas
    then we will be able to fish again but .... thats just a theory coming from this part here..

anyone reached level 10 to tell us if that is correct?
    i mean how are we going to catch catfish if we can't fish??
    and cant send Oleg to fish them since it doesnt say catfish anywhere despite the fact i have the right bait

• Reached fishing level 12 and still no boat shop.
    badianier (FR1) reached level 14 and still nothing https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3231197/#Comment_3231197
  • Ela4 (DE1)Ela4 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 121
    Hiya everybody. :)

I, too, feel that we need a tutorial that shows us what to do.

Has anyone figured out what to do to reel in the fish yet? I'm wondering if a single click is enough to reel in and it's simply luck whether it works or not. If anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate some help. Thanks a lot in advance! Love, Noddy.
    Agreed. A tutorial would help. But I figured out how to reel in the fish. Klick once but hold the button. Watch the bar at top left. Try to keep it in the green or yellow. Release button when the bar reaches red. Klick again and hold. Release, click and hold. Repeat until the fish hits the surface. It's a bit like reeling in fish in real life, easy does it. Good luck.
  • noemi08 (ES1)noemi08 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 14
    edited 15.10.2016
    hola, necesito ayuda cuando quiero entrar en excursion de pesca me da error y no puedo hacer nada,gracias

Google Translate:
    Hello, I need help when I want to get into fishing excursion gives me error and I can do nothing, thanks

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    my guess is we have to reach fishing level 10 in order to go fishing in other areas
    then we will be able to fish again but .... thats just a theory coming from this part here..

anyone reached level 10 to tell us if that is correct?
    i mean how are we going to catch catfish if we can't fish??
    and cant send Oleg to fish them since it doesnt say catfish anywhere despite the fact i have the right bait

I am at level 10.   Still can't fish but the Mermaid Bay has opened level 2 and I can now make Roasted bass and apples.  

No catching of catfish in sight.   :'(
  • How do you know what level your on?
    when you send Oleg out to fish.  At the top right corner you will see a star with a number in it. 

that is your level
  • I was unable to fish, fishing line only showed up twice for the several times I tried.  Couldn't get any points.  Now I am stuck with a message since 9pm last night say I have caught all the fish wich is posted on another thread. 
    So far not a good experience.  Several different bugs since restarted the test.
  • Veld (US1)Veld (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    I didn't see a reel but through trial and error discovered that holding my cursor down on the bucket brought in the fish.  I look forward to the manual.
  • I was able to fish twice, but now he just fish by himself. No fun.  I can't see how much fish I have.  There is no counter for fish harvest. The question mark for fishing information does not work and then the game freezes.  One member of my cooperative has not received her welcome gold (Fangoli in FunTest cooperative).
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I am still unable to try the fishing tutorial again as it still says, "You have already caught all the fish. Try again later. It is later. 22 hours later. As I have caught nothing I dont know why it says the area is fished out.
    why does it say the area is fished out and on all farms! i can watch him fish but i can not fish or add cat fish!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    why does it say the area is fished out and on all farms! i can watch him fish but i can not fish or add cat fish!
    We are not to sure why we can not fish on our own at least twice a day at this time. It could be a bug or we are missing some thing.
     As for the catfish part I believe you need to be a certain fisher-person level (38) and have the right items in your tackle box, ie: catfish bait for 1
  • Prase2 (INT1)Prase2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 56
    edited 15.10.2016
    ..where seafood restaurant? to me it does not ...

где рибљи ресторан? мени се то не догоди ...
    If you are trying to do the self fishing then you need to equip your tackle box with 5 items, 1 rod, 1 reel, 1 hook, 1 line and 1 bait. Then while in the "Learn to fish" window click and hold the rod drag to near the fish let go then once the fish bites or takes the bait the click and hold the reel button top left just be careful to not let the line go to red or the line will snap.
  • If you are trying to do the self fishing then you need to equip your tackle box with 5 items, 1 rod, 1 reel, 1 hook, 1 line and 1 bait. Then while in the "Learn to fish" window click and hold the rod drag to near the fish let go then once the fish bites or takes the bait the click and hold the reel button top left just be careful to not let the line go to red or the line will snap.
    Thank you!  I kept following the link and did not even think to drag and drop the items to the right.  I thought it was a glitch.  smh...
    I am fishing now have bought some xp and if only I can find where the catfish are I will be set.  lol
    edited 16.10.2016
    You are more than welcome :)
    As for the catfish part that will take you some time to complete as you need to be a level 38 fisher-person in order to catch catfish. You will also need catfish bait.
    Just found this to add

You need 5 items to learn how to fish, 1 rod, 1 reel, 1 line, 1 hook & 1 bait. Once you have equipped these items into your tackle box it should take you to a window to learn how to fish.
     You need click on the rod and hold your mouse button down then drag to near the fish and let go
    once the fish bites use the reel in the top left corner by clicking on the reel and holding your mouse button down. Be careful not to let the line get to red or it will snap.
  • I thought I was learning to fish, but guess not as nothing has happened even though I have fished twice.  click on the fish when he is done fishing, but where do they go?  Can't find them anywhere.  How do you level the fisherman up?  Just started fishing for a third time, but don't think it is doing anything but costing me time and money.  Have logged in and out a few times and still nothing changes.
  • Hello guys, I have a problem. How do you fish for catfish?

Hello guys, I have a problem. How do you fish for catfish?

First I believe you need to be a certain fisher-person level and will need certain items in your tackle box, like catfish bait
    I thought I was learning to fish, but guess not as nothing has happened even though I have fished twice.  click on the fish when he is done fishing, but where do they go?  Can't find them anywhere.  How do you level the fisherman up?  Just started fishing for a third time, but don't think it is doing anything but costing me time and money.  Have logged in and out a few times and still nothing changes.
    The fish you catch personally will be weighed, credited and sold. The fish that Oleg catches can be used in the Mermaid Bay
    We are not to sure why we can not fish on our own at least twice a day at this time. It could be a bug or we are missing some thing.
     As for the catfish part I believe you need to be a certain fisher-person level (38) and have the right items in your tackle box, ie: catfish bait for 1
    I think maybe the area is fished out is caused by a timing error.  It should most likely go away after a certain period of time.   I could be wrong.
      As for the catfish, when I was still able to fish there were catfish swimming around.  I just wasn't skilled enough to catch any.  I was still at level 1 when I had the catfish.

• I am still unable to try the fishing tutorial again as it still says, "You have already caught all the fish. Try again later. It is later. 22 hours later. As I have caught nothing I dont know why it says the area is fished out.
    Same here. I can't even do step 2 on the tutorial. I only got to fish once, but didn't catch anything because of no idea how and no instruction. Now it won't let me. Oleg can fish, but that's it.
Sign In to comment.