Home Archives

Fishing Update: Top 3 points to optimization

Comments

• remus1 (DE1)remus1 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 261
    i was curious, but i do not realy understand what they want me to do. there is no help so you just have to find out waht happens
  • pankita (IN1)pankita (IN1) Posts: 45
    edited 18.10.2016
    so far what i have understood @Bond(skn1)  @Keebee(TEST-SERVER1) @muslim farmer(us1)
    as soon as hook is in the mouth of fish we have to just click and click on mouse
    but need to take care that reel meter doesnt cross red mark otherwise it will break

and also we need to take care of the timer running below it undr which we have to catch the hooked fish....................

as soon as fish comes out of water we will be succssfull in having it in bucket

i visited test server and used the new fishing feature..................

gladly saying its very interesting feature and enjoyable tooo

but one thing i want to say that add some more tutotrial tips and there should be timer instead the msg which it shows when we have collected fishes  at a particular place......................... 

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
    Post edited by black-.-angel (FormerMod) on
  • NoddyShepherd (DE1)NoddyShepherd (DE1) Posts: 1,102
    edited 14.10.2016
    Hello again. :)

Suggestion for optimisation: The text for Oleg's second introductory task is missing in the German version of the game. Here's a link to the screenshot the player who reported the problem posted:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3229370/#Comment_3229370
    Love, Noddy.

• I am still stuck on the 2nd task that says "Learn How To Fish" .. I clicked on show me and bought and placed the 4  equipment then I did the fishing trip .. but nothing happened .. it still shows the task as incomplete .. I clicked on "show me" again and it takes me to fishing trip but it says that I already caught all the fish in this location .. same with all farms, says same thing.  And its been at least 3 hours since the last time I did the fishing trip !

Please help

It seems I cannot advance without finishing this task

• GabyNoe (HIS1)GabyNoe (HIS1) Posts: 77
    edited 15.10.2016

Hi,

1)      I was fishing and this error pop-up appeared when I collect a fish.

errorCode-INVALID_LURE_ID
    Support-Info:
    Comand:
    PBEnvironmentFishingFishFishedResponse
    ErrorCode: 12
    Timestamp: 1476477508
    Zone: 99
    PID: 7474

Then I collected another fish, and I obtained same error.

After that, my Fishing line has disappeared. I mean: I throw the Fishing line, the rod moves but I can't see the Fishing line. I have cleaned the cache and I have re-opened the web explorer, but the mistake is still there.

2)      When I’m fishing it looks like I’m using a wooden pole, but In my box I have reed pole and a carbon fiber pole (I tried to choose each of them during fishing but in spite of this I only can see the wooden one).

3)      There is a translation missing. It appears when I’m trying to go to fish and there are no other fishes. I’m logged in in Spanish but the pop-up is in English:

No fish currently here
    You just caught all the fish in this location, wait a bit more to come around of try fishing on a different farm.
    Post edited by GabyNoe (HIS1) on
  • tototo (FR1)tototo (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,757
    -1 step 3 (get XP) would select the star tab instead of the fish tab when we require help
    -2 add a step to retrieve the already caught fishes
    -3 add a step to find the 3 fishmen in all farms.

Note this is only for first step of the tutorial. I am at the beginning of the second.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Some kind of notice or flag that Oleg and or the fish shop are ready
  • kori (SKN1)kori (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 45
    There is so many fishing equipments that I don't know what are their differences. Or what equipments I should buy, use, and their benefits... 
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 15.10.2016
    1. Perhaps a tutorial  since there is absolutely no info that I can see. (I am stuck on the task that wants me to learn to fish) the show me button takes me to Oleg, then what?  I have caught Bass, then what? Clicking the question mark shows nothing.
    2. Move Oleg out from underneath the Next harvest/Map screen window. I certainly don't want to have to keep closing and opening that all day
    3. I will get to number 3 if and when I figure out what the heck I am supposed to do
  • Hertha-aachen02 (DE1)Hertha-aachen02 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 115
    edited 15.10.2016
    I am fishing level 13 and cannot find the boat shop which is supposed to be available from fishing level 10.
    Post edited by Hertha-aachen02 (DE1) on
  • it also takes ages to upgrade restaurant before you can even use it. that's a bit of a pain 
  • I developed a cramp in my clicking finger while trying to reel the fish in.  I have no idea what we're supposed to do.  Had no idea there were fishing ponds on other farms.

My opinion is fix the problems on the live farms that have not been fixed yet, THEN, introduce the fishing on the live servers.  There is just too much going on for the developers to get the bugs worked out before something new takes place.  
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    The next harvest side-box doesn't include the fisherman for the flower farm.
  • jophiel (DE1)jophiel (DE1) Posts: 1,194
    edited 15.10.2016
    What is the goal of this feature? Is there any meaning?
    I'm not interested in fishing and I don't like this new feature It seems to be very expensive.

Post edited by jophiel (DE1) on
  • Rita77 (BR1)Rita77 (BR1) BR1 Posts: 2,719
    1- I liked to see  Oleg Fisher in all farms, but I had difficulty to find him at beginning. I think that should have a better way to locate him. I suggest a fisherman's hut near him.

2- The tasks appear only in the flower farm. They should be present in others farms too.

3-  I enjoyed the fishing trip. The scene is really fantastic! It could be better if we could play it in a full screen.

• Charangel (US1)Charangel (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 18.10.2016

I did the fishing trip but it seems something is wrong

I clicked on the screen (specifically the fish) to reel it in, but it just kept on moving around with the string changing between green and red .. I kept clicking on the screen and fish at least 50 times if not more , but it just kept on moving around .. so I just closed the window and started over .. same thing happens.  Tried again and the same thing.  And now it says I caught all the fish in the location

And the sidebar task is not completed .. I thought I was supposed to do the fishing trip to complete the task for "learn how to fish" since the button for "show me" took me there.

Please help explain how this is supposed to work, and how to complete the  task

Thank you

Several comments about fishing. How you fish. Do not repeated click on the screen. Click and hold down the fish will move about when it goes to the red let up and then click and hold again just release for a second or two until it goes down to yellow. Keep doing that it. You will see the fish reaching the top of the water. It will actually jump out of water when it's caught. A screen will pop up telling you what kind of fish you've caught and how big it is and how much it weighs. If the fish is a small one compared to the other fish on screen it will be easier to catch and won't go in the red zone as much. Bigger fish may stay in the red more often and longer. It will take longer but not like minutes at a time. I've already caught a full bucket and fished all 3 farms.

My problem is my bucket is full. It tells me I can't fish return to farm and empty bucket. The only way I see to do that is by using the fish at the Mermaid Bay. However Mermaid Bay says you have to be level 8 to use the first stage. I'm Level One. I can't get experience without fishing but I can't figure out how to empty my bucket so I can continue fishing. Now I noticed you can buy experience points by clicking on the send oleg fishing buttonn off the wheel but that's just too much. I'd rather fish.

Anyone know how to empty a full bucket when Mermaid Bay isn't an option?

This is something that might want to fix before putting on main server cause it's frustrating and annoying.

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
  • My 3:
    1. Make finding the guy easier
    2. add a tutorial because this is crazy to solve
    3. fix the crashing bug when asking for help
  • CM iSac said:
    Hey Everyone,

Share with us the 3 most important things from this update that you would like to see optimized or changed before they are implemented on our live servers in a few days. To give us a bit more time, the sooner you do it, the better! 

Thank you!
    3 most important things

1. This will not be ready in a few days.
    2. You'd be crazy to launch it to the live server.
    3. Seriously, you cannot launch this any time soon.
  • madita2 (DE1)madita2 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 3,012
    I can't find this famous Oleg. Where is he hiding?
  • ritacba1 (AU1)ritacba1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    the one thing for me is the seagull noise, it is still playing even though i am not on the flower farm. way tooooooo annoying. 

also i was / am confused as to what to do. finally worked out how to fish, but i was very confused.

• CM iSac said:
    Hey Everyone,

Share with us the 3 most important things from this update that you would like to see optimized or changed before they are implemented on our live servers in a few days. To give us a bit more time, the sooner you do it, the better! 

Thank you!
    3 most important things

1. This will not be ready in a few days.
    2. You'd be crazy to launch it to the live server.
    3. Seriously, you cannot launch this any time soon.
    I agree with this whole heartedly, this is nowhere near to being ready to go live.
  • Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    edited 15.10.2016
    yesterday i push fishing with gold to level 3
    upgrade bucket and tackle box
    let oleg training for 10560 XP 8h over night

in the morning i don't realise what happen:
    get 10.560 XP (i think) and go fishing for catfish
    the third wels don't fit in the bucket and i must go home:

no wels for quest to put in
    fishing level at 1
    no upgrade buckets
    no upgrade tackle box

i refresh the game:
    now i can put the wels in the quest and finished it
    but fishing-level, upgrade buckets and upgrade tackle box ist gone away with its cost of gold

now i push oleg second time to level 3

if i go into game in the afternoon all my progress is second time gone?  :o

edit: in afternoon the level belongs to 3  :)

Post edited by Gut Landluft (DE1) on
  • cavsfan (US1)cavsfan (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    what good is a test server if it won't let you test the features?
  • Mamiemikele (FR1)Mamiemikele (FR1) Posts: 2,283
    edited 15.10.2016
    CM iSac said:

• Suggestion 1 : a timer for Oleg, with other timers
    • Suggestion 2 : an inventary for our quantity of fishes
    • Suggestion 3 : this window-pop up in french :
    No fish currently here (and text following)

• SANG43 (BR1)SANG43 (BR1) BR1 Posts: 57
    edited 18.10.2016
    Gente eu quero uma posição se for para  eu    ficar  sem jogar é só avisa que eu paro, mas não deixe a minha fazenda desta maneira eu não consigo entrar na minha fazenda principal o jogo parta só fica a tela verde.  será que realmente tem alguém que pode me ajudar .

Google translation:
    Guys I want a position if I am to stay without playing only warns you that I stop, but do not let my farm so I can not enter my main farm leave the game just gets the green screen. do you really have someone who can help me.

(black-.-angel)
  • Suggestion 1 : a timer for Oleg, with other timers
  • Day 2 trying to do a fishing trip and I still get the message No fish currently here. Wants me to try a different farm or come back later.  I've tried all 3 farms and get the same message. This has been like this more than 12 hours. I never filled my bucket I was only able to clear the fishing screen 1 time and waited about 15 minutes to start a 2nd round when this happened. I'm assuming it's a bug since I can't imagine I wouldn't be able to fish for more than 12 hours if the tasks revolve around fishing.  I can still send Oleg out to fish if I pay for him to fish but now it wants catfish for the next task and no catfish to be found.
  • 1) Needs more/better explanation/tutorial.

2) There's no way to see how many fish Oleg has caught.

3) It's just another money drain for high levels. Useless for low levels who'll have to decide whether to use their cash on leveling their farms or use it to level their fishing experience. (Why not give xp when fish are caught instead? As already suggested by others.)

• I was stucked asweell but got encouraged after I saw  Monica1230 got to step 3 and indeed after buying all gear I was able to fish.
    My flower farm is also still locked but I'm able to upgrade the Fish Restaurant. I find it strange that you can only start producing after you reach lvl 8 on the restaurant, I dont know maybe I'm missing...
  • I am to step 3.  It says start producing fishing xp in your shop. Clicked on "show me", and it shifted screen.  Looked at help and it says to go to processing tab in build menu.  My flower farm is still locked so I an guessing I can't go any further.  Fishing feels like it is going to be like the movie screen, blocks use of farms and if you close window you have to start over.
    Click on Olga and I think it was the top icon I clicked and it sent him fishing for fishing XP, it takes an hour or so to do. Haven't got that far yet.

My problem apart from not having information on how to do the fishing thing is that to collect the free gift it says I can't use a temporary email. Not sure what this means but it is supplied through my internet provider. Can anyone help?
Sign In to comment.