Home Archives Discussions

Learn how to fish

Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
edited 18.10.2016 in Discussions
Stuck already.    Click show me and no help there what so ever.  Just what supplies I'm missing, but no clue how to get them or how or where to learn to fish.
Post edited by black-.-angel (FormerMod) on

Comments

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 18.10.2016
    Stuck already.    Click show me and no help there what so ever.  Just what supplies I'm missing, but no clue how to get them or how or where to learn to fish.
    I agree that it should have more instructions. I found the way though. Just put what it is telling you in the empty slots in the right of the dialog that just opens (equipment)

- Bug Description - please describe your problem in Detail: 
    Bought a tackle box and nothing seemed to happen. So I click another time and I got an error (sorry I lost the copy of the error). Could be reproduced by clicking again. Nothing really happened. I left the shop menu and just tried again. This time I could not buy it since it says that level 2 is required. So it should have "grayed" it out on the first place after the first click.

- When did the problem happen?
    See above

- What did you do before the problem happened?
    Buy a tackle box

- Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, how?
    Yes, after the first tackle box you buy do not leave the shop and try to buy it again

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
    - Bug Description - please describe your problem in Detail: 
    I get the following pop up error when I'm fishing.

This is an invalid ID.

Support-Info: 
    Command: PBEnvironmentFishingFishFishedResponse
    ErrorCode: 3
    Timestamp: 1476463349
    Zone: 99
    PID:4740

A moment ago. I started fishing and I left the fishing window open. When I came back that error dialog was there. I closed it and kept fishing. While I was fishing it appeared again, getting in my way to catch the fish.

See above.

I just pops up once in a while when the fishing window is open.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, odd the line, bait and pole all say for different fish but it worked ok,

Now…. "start producing XP in your shop."   WHAT IS XP????? 
  • Stuck already.    Click show me and no help there what so ever.  Just what supplies I'm missing, but no clue how to get them or how or where to learn to fish.
    For lean to fish you need to get oleg to train (same place as fishing but on top changing the 'page' to the star for 'training' and there choosing one of the training (2h, 4h or 8h) and it will let you pass that stage
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 14.10.2016
    I got the training once I figured out how to drag supplies I need to the right place.  Training was rather lame, but I did it.  Now it says start production of XP only I can't seem to start production of anything and have no clue what XP stands for.    

more… tried to go on ANOTHER fishing trip, maybe I need to learn more… only now it says I need to wait.

And at this point I've lost all patience.   Will try again later.

(mumbling to self, XP?  Speak ENGLISH PEOPLE.    Need to wait. wait for what? how long?  sheees.  Sometimes I'd like to strangle the designers here.  Need to do something else for awhile.)
  • my bucket is full!
    But where you drain the bucket?

Sorry for my english, i made with translator
  • In general I've found there is too little information (which sort of summarizes some of the other posts).  I'm assuming before this goes 'live' instead of 'test' there will be information directing the player regarding what they have to do to fulfill a mission task. 

At the moment I'm stuck because it says there are no more fish here -so wait or fish from one of the other farms - but as far as I can tell, there is no way to fish from the other farms. 
  • Good evening, I'm sorry but I do not understand how to catch and pass the level you do not understand anything
    I also fatt oanche fatigue atrovare Oleg, I did not know where to find it.
    No indication in the initial map.
  • - Bug Description - please describe your problem in Detail: 
    I get the following pop up error when I'm fishing.

This is an invalid ID.

Support-Info: 
    Command: PBEnvironmentFishingFishFishedResponse
    ErrorCode: 3
    Timestamp: 1476463349
    Zone: 99
    PID:4740

A moment ago. I started fishing and I left the fishing window open. When I came back that error dialog was there. I closed it and kept fishing. While I was fishing it appeared again, getting in my way to catch the fish.

See above.

I just pops up once in a while when the fishing window is open.
    This is the same issue I've just had as well. 
    Additionally, I agree that there needs to be more instruction. For example, my bucket is full... is there a way to sell the fish? 
  • pankita (IN1)pankita (IN1) Posts: 45
    edited 18.10.2016
    where we will find cat fish
    cant figure it out

where we could see our caught fishes?

• NoddyShepherd (DE1)NoddyShepherd (DE1) Posts: 1,102
    edited 14.10.2016
    Hiya everybody. :)

I, too, feel that we need a tutorial that shows us what to do.

@Artmaker (GB1)
    Hovering your mouse over the task to start producing XP shows the message "You will need certain buildings on your farm depending on what you want to produce. You can find a selection in the Processing tab under the construction menu.". 
    But.... I checked all three permanent farms and the Processing tab only shows what we have been able to "always" build (silo, mill, composter, distillery, mixing plant). There seem to be no new buildings so far.
    "under" the construction menu is slightly misleading since I first thought it was used as a preposition meaning "below", but there is nothing below the construction menu in my interface. To me, "in the construction menu" would work better, but then again I'm not a native speaker.

About reeling in fish: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I cannot figure out what I'm doing to manage reeling in the fish. Frantically clicking the screen or holding the left mouse button down sometimes seems to work. Has anyone figured out what to do to reel in the fish yet? I'm wondering if a single click is enough to reel in and it's simply luck whether it works or not. If anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate some help. Thanks a lot in advance! Love, Noddy.
  • Earning fishing XP is apparently it's own separate action and not earned by simply having oleg fish or doing a fishing trip.  You have to click on the little star type icon to go to the 'earn xp' action, Sorry but that is just odd, you would think that actually fishing earns experience points, not by doing an entirely separate action.?!

• pankita (IN1)pankita (IN1) Posts: 45
    edited 14.10.2016
    so far what i have understood @NoddyShepherd (DE1) as soon as hook is in the mouth of fish we have to just click and click on mouse
    but need to take care that reel meter doesnt cross red mark otherwise it will break

and also we need to take care of the timer running below it undr which we have to catch the hooked fish....................

as soon as fish comes out of water we will be succssfull in having it in bucket
    I got the training once I figured out how to drag supplies I need to the right place.  Training was rather lame, but I did it.  Now it says start production of XP only I can't seem to start production of anything and have no clue what XP stands for.    

more… tried to go on ANOTHER fishing trip, maybe I need to learn more… only now it says I need to wait.

(mumbling to self, XP?  Speak ENGLISH PEOPLE.    Need to wait. wait for what? how long?  sheees.  Sometimes I'd like to strangle the designers here.  Need to do something else for awhile.)
    @Artmaker (GB1) and @NoddyShepherd (DE1)

Like Squikky and Delcie said, you need to go to the other tab. Click on Oleg, on the button that appears at "three" (if he isn't busy otherwise you will just see the skip button). A pop up dialog appears. The pop up dialog has two tabs: the first tab sends Oleg fishing for fish. The second tab makes Oleg to earn xp.

I do agree this needs a lot more information. And I mean a lot.
  • i cant find oleg and dont know how to start fishing
    i cant find oleg and dont know how to start fishing
    @Letty.liongamez (GB1)
    Go to the flower farm. He is in one of the ports. You should have a new task in the flower farm anyway that will introduce you to Oleg.
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    How can I do the Test server. I would like to try the fishing.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 14.10.2016
    How can I do the Test server. I would like to try the fishing.
    @Terri8 (US1)  You will need to open up the test farm in a separate tab at the bottom click Test Server  then sign in with the same info you use to login to the live game.
  • Down at the bottom of the sign on screen, in the middle of the page, change it from united states 1 to TEST- server 1. It is easy to log yourself off your main farm and have trouble logging back in so read up on that first in some of the other threads 
  • napolina (DE1)napolina (DE1) DE1 Posts: 1,843
    Where can i found  " Wels" ?

sorry german player not good english

Noddy wenn du mir darauf antworten könntest dann bitte ingame in deutsch
  • The learn to fish is not working,I click on the fish as instructed and the pole moves and nothing else happens.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You need click on the rod and hold your mouse button down then drag to near the fish and let go
    once the fish bites use the reel in the top left corner by clicking on the reel and holding your mouse button down. Be careful not to let the line get to red or it will snap.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You need click on the rod and hold your mouse button down then drag to near the fish and let go
    once the fish bites use the reel in the top left corner by clicking on the reel and holding your mouse button down. Be careful not to let the line get to red or it will snap.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I always set my screen for no animation, is this maybe why I have absolutely no clue? GGS could maybe explain a thing or two?!

I will wait til there is some explanation before wasting any more time on this feature. 
  • TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122

Here is a great link that will help you understand the fishing event better!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/135704/update-fishing-feature

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Oleg's locations:

Main Farm - bridge in lower left
    G-Farm - the pond in lower left
    F- Farm - dock
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    edited 18.10.2016
    I think this is going to be great when I get it figured out.  looks like lots of fun and I love the restaurant idea.

@Artmaker (GB1) and @NoddyShepherd (DE1)

Like Squikky and Delcie said, you need to go to the other tab. Click on Oleg, on the button that appears at "three" (if he isn't busy otherwise you will just see the skip button). A pop up dialog appears. The pop up dialog has two tabs: the first tab sends Oleg fishing for fish. The second tab makes Oleg to earn xp.

I do agree this needs a lot more information. And I mean a lot.

I am in the learning to fish screen. The dialog says to click on the fish. I do that and the rod casts but there is no line or hook and nothing else happens. I have tried clicking on the rod and holding the mouse button as you suggest but to no avail.

do I have to be level three to catch fish? and how do I get to level 3?

For lean to fish you need to get oleg to train (same place as fishing but on top changing the 'page' to the star for 'training' and there choosing one of the training (2h, 4h or 8h) and it will let you pass that stage
    but my xp button is greyed out and says not available yet.

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 15.10.2016
    Took me a moment to find Oleg lol Exciting new feature, looking forward to figure it out.

So much equipment, I have no idea whats important and needed..  :s

It does not tell you how much it costs, yet i could start my first fishing without buying.

Also the tackle box, how and why do I use it?

same here, task says Oleg should learn how to fish, but the button is greyed out. Previous task said to fish 1kg of Bass, i only fished 10.. is 1 fish = 1kg? do i need to fish 1000 before i can start the learning task?

EDIT: ok i figured out to put equipment into the tackle box by dragging and dropping and overusing the "show me" button..
    Now i am stuck here, clicking on fish has no effect..... stuck.... help ...

• badianier (FR1)badianier (FR1) Posts: 838
    edited 15.10.2016
    put equipment into the tackle box 

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    edited 18.10.2016
    I have my equipment in the tackle box. Now, even though I have caught no fish, it is telling my I have caught all the fish around and I must wait for some more to come.  Any idea how long I have to wait?

Took me a moment to find Oleg lol Exciting new feature, looking forward to figure it out.

So much equipment, I have no idea whats important and needed..  :s

It does not tell you how much it costs, yet i could start my first fishing without buying.

Also the tackle box, how and why do I use it?

same here, task says Oleg should learn how to fish, but the button is greyed out. Previous task said to fish 1kg of Bass, i only fished 10.. is 1 fish = 1kg? do i need to fish 1000 before i can start the learning task?

EDIT: ok i figured out to put equipment into the tackle box by dragging and dropping and overusing the "show me" button..
    Now i am stuck here, clicking on fish has no effect..... stuck.... help ...

this is where I am! Isnt that silly? It feels like progress to see someone else is here too. So when I am here and click on the fish as it says, the fishing pole up top raises up and casts itself but there is no line or hook attached and the fish does not react at all.

Sign In to comment.