Home Archives Discussions

[QUESTION] Dogs name

ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
edited 13.09.2016 in Discussions
I name my dog "Pika". This means DOT. It is a common name for dog. I can't use that name because it write that it is not appropriate or is inadequate.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• If you Google search "pika slang", you will see that there are two slang meanings sadly. I had never heard of these myself, but the slang meanings are offensive. Sorry.
  • rheanneke (NL1)rheanneke (NL1) NL1 Posts: 79
    if i google pika , i get a liitle rabbit like animal

He says pika not pika-slang,( whatever that is) my google gives an internetcable, not an offensive thing.

depends on the language you use google?
  • Hiya. :)

There's a word "hidden" in pika which is a bad word in Danish, that's why it won't work for the dog, ttt34. :(

The filters in-game seem silly at times since a lot of the words only are unacceptable in one language, while the filter won't accept them in all languages available. I believe there's a list of words that won't work but should work on the English live forum. Noddy.
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    If you Google search "pika slang", you will see that there are two slang meanings sadly. I had never heard of these myself, but the slang meanings are offensive. Sorry.

I can't believe what this word means in foreign languages. No wonder it was banned. In our country this is a pet name for a dog. There is also a girl's name.
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Pippi Longstocking (Swedish Pippi Långstrump) is the protagonist in the eponymous series of children's books by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. In our language this is Pika Nogavička.
Sign In to comment.