Home Archives

Big Farm Test Forum - General Thread

CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
edited 18.08.2016 in Archives
Hello again :=)

I'll edit this post to make it easier for everyone. Please continue to use this post as some kind of general discussion if you like to, but be aware that we will NOT scan this one for bugs and reports :)

I will move the following rules to another, closed thread to make it easy to find.

Thank you all for helping!
Timo

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new forum for the test server.

First of all, the entire team would like to thank you very much for your help on testing our newest and upcoming features! 

To make testing and reporting easier for everyone, please stick to the following rules:

- If you already see a thread describing your problem, please use that thread instead of creating a new one.

- If you are unsure if a thread exists, or can't find one, feel free to create a new thread. Be sure to properly describe your problem as extensive as possible, to help you we added a template to this thread you can use for reporting.

- This section will be extended later on, we'll see how everything goes from here :) 

----- TEMPLATE ------

- Bug Description - please describe your problem in Detail: 

- When did the problem happen?

- What did you do before the problem happened?

- Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, how?

-----------------------------

Post edited by CM Latten on

Comments

• shiny new forum !!

Just wanted to say thanks GGS for creating this new feature & hopefully keeping the bugs off of our real farms!!

Definately wasn`t also cos I wanted to be 1st person to post hehe

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    I really want all bugs out of my farm, so will be trying "new farm" in test server.
  • It would be nice if there was someone who could give a countdown so we can manage our excitement, thank you in advance :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    How to create a new account on the test server
    ...Next to the flag symbol on the title screen, select the Test Server from the server list next to it. You will then have to start a new account - please use the same email address

Am I understanding this correctly.. so... when the test server has started there will be an extra Icon/option... somewhere

...................................................................here?

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    @Michiru (GB1) You're correct. There will be an extra option there that says Test server. :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
                                             Looking forward to some good hunting! :)

• Gallina (DE1)Gallina (DE1) DE1 Posts: 180
    1st bug of test forum: it changes from English to Czech! My knowledge of this surely nice language is rather limited...
    edited 17.08.2016
    1st bug of test forum: it changes from English to Czech! 
    I concur  :D

Happens when i go from https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard and click on
    "the test server is very specific, please, follow the rules! You can find them HERE."

then I end up on cs server :D

Also I cannot attach picture files here, have to upload them in the "normal" forum and then copypaste the address.
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 17.08.2016

Happens when i go from https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard and click on
    "the test server is very specific, please, follow the rules! You can find them HERE."

Also I cannot attach picture files here, have to upload them in the "normal" forum and then copypaste the address.
    Not sure if I'd call it a bug ... more like human error?

That "HERE" link says:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/cs/discussion/129359/big-farm-test-forum-the-rules

when it should say:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/129359/big-farm-test-forum-the-rules

no wonder it goes to the cs forum ...

Edit:
    Real bug or wrong forum settings:

I have an "edit"-cogwheel on other people's posts. Don't think I should be allowed to edit them. o:)
    And what's that "(log)" thing behind the edit notice? That's not on the normal forum, is it?

Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on

Not sure if I'd call it a bug ... more like human error???

That "HERE" link says:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/cs/discussion/129359/big-farm-test-forum-the-rules

when it should say:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/129359/big-farm-test-forum-the-rules

no wonder it goes to the cs forum ...

Edit:
    Real bug or wrong forum settings:

I have an "edit"-cogwheel on other people's posts. Don't think I should be allowed to edit them. o:)
    And what's that "(log)" thing behind the edit notice? That's not on the normal forum, is it?

I have that "edit" too, so do yu guys need editing? I can do some... ;) And i cannot attach pictures. Did not try to copy paste yet.
  • Flederfalle (DE1)Flederfalle (DE1) Posts: 1,765
    edited 17.08.2016

I think it gives forum moderators easy access to the edit history of the post (mostly timestamps, probably, and also who edited it, since people can edit other people's posts here, apparently).
    That little log link showed up in the German contests subforum after a tiny discussion about meeting a contest deadline via post edit, hence my assumption about its purpose.
    edited 17.08.2016
    And it works too..  :o How creepy. 

The "HERE" below is a faulty link, not human error, since this happens every time: when clicking on the "HERE" link

it takes me to the CS address instead of the testforum one, each time (hence the screenshot in previous post).

• The "HERE" below is a faulty link, not human error, since this happens every time: when clicking on the "HERE" link
    Of course it happens every time, since nobody has changed that faulty link (which was probably put there by human error) to the correct one yet. It'll probably get fixed soon.

• I have an "edit"-cogwheel on other people's posts. Don't think I should be allowed to edit them. o:)
    What did you do to my post Michiru ? :'(

Edit-cogwheel's gone, ...
    So's the "(log)" thingy.

"HERE" link's still faulty though.
  • Hi Everyone,

Congrats on finding bugs before we even get started, that is good work :)

• The EDIT setting has been fixed, so should no longer be able to edit each others posts. 
    • There is a typo in the URL for the link on the announcement banner (it has a "CS" in it) Latten will fix that when he returns tomorrow. The link is correct on the post in the Official announcement section.
    • The update is still being worked on & latest word is that it will go ahead shortly, if that changes we will let you know.

Wabbit
    I'm in ! :smiley:   Looks good so far. Thanks GGS
    Cheers @WascallyWabbit for keeping us informed! 

I was curious to find out if we could truly change a post, so I took away one of your double questionmarks.. Sorry, I feel terrible. Here, have a cake while we are waiting for the test server, I hear whispers it's started on US server..

• LineRuler (FR1)LineRuler (FR1) FR1 Posts: 52
    je suis automatiquement connecté au Forum anglais. En existe-t-il en français ou est-ce normal ?
    Petit bug qui serait à rectifier à mon sens : quand je suis en mode plein écran, impossible d'écrire des messages
    merci et bonne journée,
    Pascale
  • I  came across another bug. I was demolishing undergrowth and it was supposed to finish but it didn't. The undergrowth has stayed and the time remaining remains at 00:00:00.

• I have an "edit"-cogwheel on other people's posts. Don't think I should be allowed to edit them. o:)
    I was curious to find out if we could truly change a post, so I took away one of your double questionmarks.. Sorry, I feel terrible. Here, have a cake while we are waiting for the test server, I hear whispers it's started on US server..

Thanks for the cake Michiru!
    [No worries! Had seen all the text was as I wrote it.]

I'm in!
    The harvest-corn-intro-circle thing wasn't centered on the field.
    But I'm in!

***Off to explore test server with cake in hand.***
  • Another bug, when I go to look at how long it take for the retro classic to build, a bunch of stuff in German I think appears.
    It says : Fur mehr Arbeiter kannst Du bestehende Wognhauser und dein Haupthaud ausbauen. Oder baue ein neues Wognhaud.

• Heidi Süß (DE1)Heidi Süß (DE1) DE1 Posts: 682
    Nur in Englisch? Is ja klasse... ich wollte sagen der Farmwechsel beim Bäumegiessen funzt nich... aber soweit reicht mein englischer Sprachschatz nich....
  • Ines 2014 (DE1)Ines 2014 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 719
    edited 17.08.2016
    Hallo Heidi, geht mir ähnlich, ich kann kein Englisch und nun?
    Können wir hier auch in deutsch schreiben?
  • It will really get very tricky to post here in English but on the test farm you have your local language. Let's see how this will work.
  • Bonjour je suis québécoise
    et je comprends un peu l'anglais
    Est-ce que je peux écrire mes bugs en FRANCAIS ?

Je croyais qu'il y aurait un forum pour chaque langue  :-)

• Ines 2014 (DE1)Ines 2014 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 719
    Der Erlös von den Nachbarn wird nicht immer gut geschrieben.

• I  came across another bug. I was demolishing undergrowth and it was supposed to finish but it didn't. The undergrowth has stayed and the time remaining remains at 00:00:00.

Another bug, when I go to look at how long it take for the retro classic to build, a bunch of stuff in German I think appears.
    It says : Fur mehr Arbeiter kannst Du bestehende Wognhauser und dein Haupthaud ausbauen. Oder baue ein neues Wognhaud.

@Vampirecobra89 (US1)  I am curious, why are you posting bugs in the rules thread? Especially when ithe rules on this thread tell you to start a thread in the bugs sections lol  :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I just noticed that the first level water tower will cost almost 52,000 in gold.  Seriously???  I hope this is a typo.
  • Hallo Heidi, geht mir ähnlich, ich kann kein Englisch und nun?
    Können wir hier auch in deutsch schreiben?
    Hallo

ich bin französich und ich kann schreiben en français or in englich. Du kannst auch in Deutsch schreiben :)
  • ha ver si arregla mi granja se bloquea todo el rato no puedo recoger las tareas de la granja y hacer misiones esta bloqueado  muchas gracias 

Sign In to comment.