Home Archives Bugs

Penalty Now Being Applied To Original Edge Plant Crops

Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
Any time I add edge plants, the -70% penalty is immediately applied to that crop.  This is not how it was before (it used to be that only crops initiated during penalty time get the penalty).  The penalty is applied to both the edge plant and the crop.  This needs to get fixed to the way it used to be.

If this is intended, then edge plants are no longer feasible or profitable, since you are effectively doubling penalty time by applying it to both the original crop and all subsequent crops, as well as making all edge plants immediately get the -70% penalty.

Comments

• Are we supposed to suffer a reduction in production for the crop that we planted the side crops on as well as the for the the same amount of time AFTER the side crops are planted??

I used to be able to collect 117 corn & plant bamboo then collect 38 corn during the penalty phase.  I am now only collecting 38 corn with the bamboo & 38 corn for the minutes following my side crop harvest.  I can't make enough corn to make feed to feed my chickens.

Please tell me this is a mistake.  If this is how you intend to run side crops, I am outta here!  This is not sustainable for any size farm, really.  Please fix this.
  • Gardenfairy (GB1)Gardenfairy (GB1) Posts: 264
    edited 29.11.2016
    @ESP2016 (TEST-SERVER1)
    It seems to be a new bug. Now if I do corn with fir wood, it starts as normal, but then changes to reduce both corn AND fir wood drastically. Then I do not have damaged field. But makes it impossible to collect wood...(not to mention the financial drain).

Tested on Dandelion: the field gets damaged both while edge plant is in an for a full 28 minutes after harvest.

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
    Post edited by Gardenfairy (GB1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I think it's a bug.
  • And not just that, I also get the penalty after I harvested the already penalized field. 
    Opened thread this morning about it:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/140004/penalty-being-applied-when-planting-the-edge-plant-not-after#latest
  • Gardenfairy (GB1)Gardenfairy (GB1) Posts: 264
    edited 28.11.2016
    Yes, I am. I got 70% reduced amount after about a minute of planting on both dandelion and fir wood. Then harvested, the penalty remained for and other 28 minutes and I harvest like 5 dandelions/field.
  • TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122

It's still all messed up. Mind as well not even plant any edge plants right now...I am just going into the hole!!

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 28.11.2016
    Well I am planting putting in edge and it immediately reduces all by 70  percent and I still get the wet field and reduction after harvesting. Please fix this  I am going broke too lost a whole lot of inventory to do challenge This is happening on all three farms.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    If we are doing challenges against others in the village, we don't want our harvest reduced by 70% so I may hold off on edge plants until the bug is fixed.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    We as a group have stop planting the edge crops all together until they can get it fixed. It seems to only effect some players so check with your group to see who has the problem and ask the others to continue using the edgeplants.
  • Tested this morning again on corn. It starts as normal, displays normal amount then harvests 5 corn + 7 wood / field. After harvest it does not show damaged field. Plant corn again, when ready to harvest it shows 20 corn nothing else, when harvested got 5 corn + 1 clay.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    We are still having trouble with the edge plants and the 70% reduction. It is still being applied right from the start of the application.
  • TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    This is crazy...It will work just fine, then all the sudden it will start added the 70% reduction to the crops from the beginning.  this bug needs to be fixed in a hurry.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    This needs to be fixed ASAP  not worth me bothering with and the coop needs materials  HELP
Sign In to comment.