Home Archives Bugs

Unable to access farm, screen is stuck on "Loading game assets"

barakafrit (FR1)barakafrit (FR1) Posts: 637
edited 29.11.2016 in Bugs

Since 25 november the layout mode was removed and this bug can't be seen (or tested) now.

-----------------READ FIRST---------------------

As this bug is now reproducible wait quietly that the technical team solves the problem.
Clear browser cache, change browser you use or update Flash Player can't solve this bug.

The "layout mode" is here :
Don't use it if you want to avoid the bug.

-----------------TEST---------------------

To correctly test this bug you must always try "layout mode" one time when you are in a cooperative and an other time when you are not in a cooperative.
If both of those cases work right that means that the bug is fixed, otherwize not.
EDIT : As the Layout Mode was removed since 25 november this test can't be done now.

------------------HISTORY--------------------

16 november

See here (later in this thread):

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3286061/#Comment_3286061

This occurs because you are member of a cooperative and have used the "layout mode" button on a farm.
And players can't visit your affected farm (to water your coop tree for example).

From 18 to 22 november

See here (later in this thread) :

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3287961/#Comment_3287961

This occurs because you aren't member of a cooperative (or if you have leave your cooperative) and have used the "layout mode" button on a farm.

Since 23 november

as "16 november" above

Since 25 november

The Layout Mode is removed.
All previously blocked farms work correctly now.
It seems that only the Goumet farm is now fully unblocked.
No feedbacks about the Flower farm.
Main farm still have this problem.

Best regards.
Post edited by barakafrit (FR1) on

Comments

• Mamiemikele (FR1)Mamiemikele (FR1) Posts: 2,283
    edited 16.11.2016
    Hello and help !

I can't access to my test-main farm. Access free to ranch, gourmet, floral, village, but blocked only to main farm : screen-window "loading" doesn't open (screen shot : this window remains indefinitely).

I have already made all usual procedures (logging out, caches ...). Also tried another browser : same thing.

Is this a consequence (bug) of new events ?
    Post edited by Mamiemikele (FR1) on
  • magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 16.11.2016
    Did any of you guys just lost access to gourmet farm? It's completely freezing the game for me.

• barakafrit (FR1)barakafrit (FR1) Posts: 637
    edited 16.11.2016
    I've a similar problem today (with Opera, Firefox or Chrome and flash player updated).
    Trying to visit a farm gives (and freezes the game) :

Best regards.
  • the farm is opening, but never open, stay locked in this point...
  • badianier (FR1)badianier (FR1) Posts: 838
    edited 17.11.2016
    HI, since return of fontion agencement (tetris), I can't reload my principal farm.

I use Google Chrome and my flah player work on version at date.
    * I've noted that when a player try to visit an impacted farm its game freezes.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    edited 17.11.2016
    HI, since return of fontion agencement (tetris), I can't reload my principal farm.

Well seen badianier !

And you can currently test that.

As badianier is affected by the bug, if you visit his farm your game freezes.
    As i'm not affected by the bug, you can visit my farm as usual.

As said badianier it's probably since layout mode is back.

EDIT : Just asked me if those affected by the bug aren't those having used the layout mode since it's back (personally i haven't used it).

• edited 17.11.2016
    hola no puedo entrar en la granja  principal Me Queda cargando por favor arreglenlo asi continuo con El Trabajo de la Granja ...

Google Translate:
    Hello, I can not enter the main farm. I am still loading.

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    edited 16.11.2016
    One of our players rearranged main farm.  Since then cannot get back into the main farm.  Other farms are fine.
    She cleared cache.  Tried other browsers but still get locked up accessing main farm.
    Also, she had the leader test it on her computer and the issue remains.

Latest version of Chrome
    Windows 10
    edited 17.11.2016

Well seen badianier !

EDIT : Just asked me if those affected by the bug aren't those having used the layout mode since it's back (personally i haven't used it).

After doing some tests this bug :

- only concerns players who are member of a cooperative

AND

- occurs when a player has clicked the "layout mode" button and then "finished" (even without making any changes in the layout of the farm)

In this case the farm (main, gourmet or flower) where the player has clicked the "layout mode" button becomes unavailable for him and for others.

• HI, since return of fontion agencement (tetris), I can't reload my principal farm.

Well seen badianier !

After doing some tests this bug :

- only concerns players who are members of a cooperative

AND

- occurs when a player has clicked the "layout mode" button and then "finished" (even without making any changes in the layout of the farm)

In this case the farm (main, gourmet or flower) where the player has clicked the "layout mode" button is inaccessible for him and for others.

im face the same problems to with an coop member
  • francis1002 (NL1)francis1002 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 16
    edited 18.11.2016
    the farm is opening, but never open, stay locked in this point...
    I have this same problem with the main farm, now I've tried more then 3 hours wth no luck, no problem any where else on the map.

...and can't work on the events  :( 

edit: posts merged (black.-angel)
    Post edited by black-.-angel (FormerMod) on
    edited 18.11.2016
    For this bug see here :

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3286061/#Comment_3286061

This occurs because you are member of a cooperative and have clicked the "layout mode" button on a farm.

Best regards.
  • So how do we fix this?

Cleared cache, restarted, rebooted...still not working

• I can't get on my main farm. tried several diferent things still can't get it.  Other farms are fine.
    edited 18.11.2016
    I can't get on my main farm. tried several diferent things still can't get it.  Other farms are fine.
    So how do we fix this?

Cleared cache, restarted, rebooted...still not working

I think there is no other way than to wait an upgrade of the code.

Best regards.

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
    Post edited by black-.-angel (FormerMod) on
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    For this bug see here :
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/fr/discussion/comment/3286061/#Comment_3286061

(from this thread : https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/fr/discussion/138527/is-anyone-havuing-trouble-when-trying-to-visit-other-farms)

This occurs because you are member of a cooperative and have clicked the "layout mode" button on a farm.

Best regards.
    Two members of my cooperative have a frozen main farm (gets stuck on "Loading assets"), and one confirms having used layout mode.
    edited 17.11.2016
    Two members of my cooperative have a frozen main farm (gets stuck on "Loading assets"), and one confirms having used layout mode.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Click the button is sufficient to get the bug ... a lot of people must have done that ...
  • Does quitting the co-op reset the bug to normal mode?

edited 17.11.2016
    Does quitting the co-op reset the bug to normal mode?

I haven't try yet but perhaps this is an idea as the bug doesnt affects players without cooperative.

EDIT : I have tried that doesn't work
  • ESP2014 (US1)ESP2014 (US1) Posts: 149
    edited 17.11.2016
    Yep, quitting the co-op does not work.

Several people in my co-op have used layout mode today & it has not affected their game.  They can also visit my farm, where as players who did not use layout mode are getting frozen on my farm.  Weird.  I am the only unlucky one in my co-op who got the shaft.

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
    edited 17.11.2016
    Several people in my co-op have used layout mode today & it has not affected their game.  They can also visit my farm, where as players who did not use layout mode are getting frozen on my farm.  Weird.  I am the only unlucky one in my co-op who got the shaft.
    You're the first that doesn't confirm this...

All feedbacks (almost 50) i've get since i've posted here confirm the mechanism of the bug:

Perhaps some have réorganized their farms through the older manner and not with the "Layout mode " button.
    Or perhaps they have used the "layout mode" button only on the gourmet or flower farm and as they are on the main farm they think they aren't affected by the bug (in this case if they visit their gourmet/flower farm they get the bug).
    And keep in mind that only affected farms (main and/or gourmet and/or flower) can't be visited by other.

Best regards.
  • Da Momma (US1)Da Momma (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    Having trouble going to gourmet farm.  It seems to freeze up and do nothing.  I can visit any of the other farms, but every time I click on gourmet farm, it freezes.  Is anyone else having this issue.  It just started today for me.  I visited it once, but then it wouldn't let me go back to it to collect product that had matured.
    edited 17.11.2016
    Having trouble going to gourmet farm.  It seems to freeze up and do nothing.  I can visit any of the other farms, but every time I click on gourmet farm, it freezes.  Is anyone else having this issue.  It just started today for me.  I visited it once, but then it wouldn't let me go back to it to collect product that had matured.
    Hi,

for that see here :

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/fr/discussion/comment/3286061/#Comment_3286061

Best regards.
  • ESP2014 (US1)ESP2014 (US1) Posts: 149
    edited 17.11.2016
    You're the first that doesn't confirm this...

All feedbacks (almost 50) i've get since i've posted here confirm the mechanism of the bug:

Perhaps some have réorganized their farms through the older manner and not with the "Layout mode " button.
    Or perhaps they have used the "layout mode" button only on the gourmet or flower farm and as they are on the main farm they think they aren't affected by the bug (in this case if they visit their gourmet/flower farm they get the bug).
    And keep in mind that only affected farms (main and/or gourmet and/or flower) can't be visited by other.

Best regards.
    Clearly I can not know for sure if they actually did use the Layout mode, perhaps some used outline view & are referring to that as layout mode?  I used a combination of both.  I also opened my storage box to place decos from there while in Layout mode.

When I was done, I clicked finish & noticed that even though I had 33 decos on my farm, it was only reading 22, so I cleared the cache & refreshed the browser.  I went back to the Main Farm & got credit for the task.  I  tried to collect my Rice field, since it was done, and it would not collect.  I attempted to go to another one of my farms (can't remember which one I clicked on the sidebar) and that is when my Main Farm froze the game for the first time.  I hope this helps someone find the bug.

UPDATE 17-11-2016:  All players who used Layout Mode yesterday are now locked out of those farms.  One player had the problem shortly after I posted, and the other was afflicted today.
    Post edited by ESP2014 (US1) on
  • artistree (US1)artistree (US1) US1 Posts: 105
    Keep getting this message when trying to load Gourmet Farm.  Locks up and can not get in. cleared cache twice, still unable to  load GF.  Please advise when fixed.
  • I'm having trouble with getting into the main farm.  I used layout mode arrow to move some fields away from my gate which is upgrading.  It shows -57 workers and the same loading screen with the gears like the earlier comments. 

I hope this is fixed in time to complete the deco events.
    edited 17.11.2016
    Keep getting this message when trying to load Gourmet Farm.  Locks up and can not get in. cleared cache twice, still unable to  load GF.  Please advise when fixed.
    See here : 

Best regards.
  • Renchen39 (DE1)Renchen39 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 1
    edited 17.11.2016
    wer kann mir helfen, ich komme seid gestern ( als ich meine Hauptfarm umgebaut habe ) komme ich nicht mehr auf meine Hauptfarm rein. Bei den anderen Farmen komme ich rein. ich bin total verzweifelt. LG RENCHEN

Who can help me, I have come yesterday (when I have converted my main farm) 
    I can no longer go to my main farm. At the other farms I come in. 
    I'm totally desperate. LG RENCHEN
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Looks like upgrading dog house to level 5 locked my Main farm inaccessible. Freezes on loading screen. Well, an excuse not to play test server for now I guess :):) 

Just to save some of you trouble giving routine advice:  All clear this and that dance performed. It called the rain in, but farm still locked. :)
  • badianier (FR1)badianier (FR1) Posts: 838
    edited 17.11.2016
    Hello, I ask 2 questions, has the bug gone up at GGS ? Why not use the old layout that works great ? The new one does not work on the flash player.
    (As much to make simple, if one knows not to make complicated)

Good game to all ... and patience

Colette

Sign In to comment.