Home Archives Discussions

[SUGGESTION] Newbie Players -vs- Seasoned Players - Game Improvements

TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122
edited 18.09.2016 in Discussions

First of all let me mention that on the test server most of our players are seasoned players on the US Server, so starting over on the test server we found it was difficult to get started from a new players point of view. Here are some suggestions that we have come up with that we thought might making a brand new player enjoy and advance in the game a little easier. Hopefully GGS will take some or all of our suggestions to heart and let us know what they think about them.

OK...here goes.

I and some of our co-op players have some suggestions that we think would improve the game from a beginners stand point.

First of all, it is very difficult to get enough fertilizer at the beginning of the game to progress anywhere. There are times you have to donate fertilizer, but you need all that you can get. How about offering the lab earlier in the game, but, the cost of the upgrades for it need to be cheaper until you can make the chicken, pig and cow feed. After that the cost of the upgrades could increase as they do now.

We know that you need deco’s to keep the happiness up, but if some of the early events of the game could give you the choice of either picking from feed, fertilizer, or a deco, this would give them the option to get the reward which best fits their farming needs at that time.

Another point brought up was the cost of the plot expansions early in the game, after a few of them, they become increasingly expensive. Money is a factor when building up your farm so could they be a bit cheaper for the first 10 to 15 and then of course increase with each one after that.

Another suggestion some of our players had was combining Matilda on the experience booster with the books, it could be a 2 for 1 up to level 30, after that they could each be at their own merits.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• I agree that fertilizer is an early roadblock, most noticeable when you get the cherry orchard, however I disagree with the suggestions for way to make it easier on noobs or even that it needs to made easier. We all managed, so obviously the game is not impossible & I actually think it is easier now than it used to be.

It is ultimately a strategy game & those difficult early stages are where farmers develop a good strategy. Balancing how many stables you can feed, to get enough dung, to keep your silo running 24/7, to produce enough fertilizer to run your orchards, to get enough leaves to make enough humus, to increase your yield & feed more animals. *Cue a moving rendition of "he Circle of Life" at this point*   Image result for smiley singing
    Players need to learn that getting more fertilizer is not as simple as just building more stables. They see Cherries sell for a good price and build too many of them, not realising they will not be able to run them. So they soon learn to only run cherries to get a stock for the ship, to run apples to get profit & to save fertilizer to start their cherries (and eventually peaches) when they run out, by skipping one start on their apples. Once they can upgrade their mill & siloso they can have more animals, it all suddenly clicks into place.

I do not understand your suggestion for the lab at all, how is that supposed to help the fertilizer shortage? All they can do with that is use the fertilizer they cannot spare, along with more dung they do not have, to make some premium fertilizer. I think the lab is for higher level players & should stay that way, noobs cannot afford to either upgrade or run it. Land expansions & decos also improve strategy, you need to learn to make the best use of the land you have available.

I have started several noob farms since the introduction of the friendship links & that is a HUGE boost for new players. I found that everyday I would get feed & fertilizer gifts & it made the game a whole lot easier, but I have to admit I did not find the easier game to be anything like the challenge that I enjoyed when I first started playing.

• TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    I understand what you are staying about the strategy and the challenge of the game. But, I think we can all agree that fertilizer at the beginning of the game is crucial.
  • @RustyBlonde (TEST-SERVER1) Absolutely, as I said, I do agree with what you say about fertilizer or the lack of it, significantly slowing down the game & the task to donate 120 fertilzer always makes me laugh, because it comes at a time when I would love to even see 120 let alone donate it lol My point was just that I don`t think that it harms the game.in the long run & is probably beneficial. :)

Sign In to comment.