Home Archives

Feature: The map screen

Comments

• edited 18.08.2016
    Только полноэкранный режим. Свернуть не получается.

Зря совместили перемещение объектов и запуск улучшений в одну панель заданий.
    Обязательно разделите!!!!!

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • I see a lot of useless things, why not just do making bigger farms ? for exemple. Not too big, just a little bit more, To have more places and more buildings or décorations ? Having new appearances is a good idea etc... Why doing something complicated ? why not just more new decorations or maybe new buildings ? New themes for missions... we have three themes right now, why no more ? Just a idea 
    Personally i would like to have more possibilities of changing appearances even just color. This way everybody could have a real personal farm with personal univers ( i d'ont really like purple flags on buildings at the last level ^^ but it's just my opinion ) i'm maybe the only one thinking that way but i think it could be more fun than just having things we already have just in différent places who making things complicated 
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    I finally had time to look at world map and everything in there... so i found that Lesters secret from gourmet farm.... i was looking for it from main farm. That IS a little bit confusing. Also i was looking for goldmine, found it finally from horse ranch. World map looks really nice, but it takes too much time to find everything from there. 
    Love the graphics but no, not the best idea.....
  • tototo (FR1)tototo (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,757
    edited 18.08.2016
    1- removing the ranch and other things from each farm let more rooms for farms (6*6 instead 5*5); is these new cells for new types of building? Or only to allow more existing types of buildings? Wait and See.
    2- I like the new selection circle.
    3- There are 3 ways to go from a farm to another (world map, arrows in principal farm and direct selection from name at right of screen); are they all usefull?
    4- the world view is nice and landscape is continuous between farms; but the harbour is only in floral farm; I am waiting for boats.
    Edit:
    5- the full screen button is too wide
    6- The bottom screen buttons were not well organized; this has not changed

• 1- removing the ranch and other things from each farm let more rooms for farms (6*6 instead 5*5); is these new cells for new types of building? Or only to allow more existing types of buildings? Wait and See.
    2- I like the new selection circle.
    3- There are 3 ways to go from a farm to another (world map, arrows in principal farm and direct selection from name at right of screen); are they all usefull?
    4- the world view is nice and landscape is continuous between farms; but the harbour is only in floral farm; I am waiting for boats.
    Edit:
    5- the full screen button is too wide
    6- The bottom screen buttons were not well organized; this has not changed

tototo (FR1) I like the idea of having more rooms in my farm but it is really necessary to remove everything else ? 
    i agree for the selection circle 
  • Ela4 (DE1)Ela4 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 121
    I finally had time to look at world map and everything in there... so i found that Lesters secret from gourmet farm.... i was looking for it from main farm. That IS a little bit confusing. Also i was looking for goldmine, found it finally from horse ranch. World map looks really nice, but it takes too much time to find everything from there. 
    Love the graphics but no, not the best idea.....

I guess we'll get used to this eventually. But, as someone else already said, it seems strange to have the harbor (where supposedly the captain docks in) at the flower farm; the mine is probably with the horses as the landscape there is mountaineous. But still, confusing in the beginning.
  • Sun9 (RU1)Sun9 (RU1) Posts: 26
    edited 18.08.2016
    I liked the new map. inconvenient location of the ship. or send will be available only with flower farms?  I would like a separate seat for decoration
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 18.08.2016
    Why are items we use on the main farm- like the decoration tower - on a farm that isnt available for opening?  Seems like a few wasted clicks, it should be available on all farms as on our real farms at the moment. 
  • TinaM1 (US1)TinaM1 (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    The garage is just below and to the left on your main farm. The mine is on the horse ranch.
    edited 18.08.2016
    The garage is just below and to the left on your main farm. The mine is on the horse ranch.

So every time I want to use the mine I have to go to the horse ranch which I have no intention of taking part in?
  • The garage is just below and to the left on your main farm. The mine is on the horse ranch.

So every time I want to use the mine I have to go to the horse ranch which I have no intention of taking part in?
    As it is, yes. Its the only way to access the mine...
    This makes no sense, unlocking buildings which are on locked farms (if it's not my farm yet, why would I have things there?!), being able to visit all farms since the start of the game...

The global map is a nice idea, but as it is, it will just confuse new players and make them give up on the game...
    Thanks @Goncalerta (PT1), seems an awful lot of clicking to change farms, use the mine, go back to main farm, go to horse ranch when mine is ready etc etc.  Hope this part is made more player friendly, it was fine the way it was originally. 
  • Chimino (HIS1)Chimino (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 45
    1. I have to click many times to move a building.
    2. My buildings move by itself... when I change screen to see other things such as the town and I retur my buldings are in different places.
    3. when I want to water the tree of the co-op the connection doesn´t work so, I cannot do it. 
    4. The map screen moves from side to side when I click it.

• Hello, 

We can access to the mine by the same part of the map than the ranch. Not sure it's a good idea. I liked when the ranch and the mine were around the main farm. It was easier to access to them.
  • Если в целом, то привыкаешь к карте. Но возникает путаница с круговым меню здесь и на реальной ферме. Это меню, мне нравится больше. Я уже стала искать эти же функции на RU.
  • I like the way we can re-use the last seed easily on our fields, but not sure to like the new improvement menu to turn and move the building. It was more simple when we had the turn menu on the circle directly. Hope it's clear !
  • Flederfalle (DE1)Flederfalle (DE1) Posts: 1,765
    edited 18.08.2016
    Narratively, it makes sense for the mine to be in a mountainous area ... not sure about the horse ranch though - aren't they missing the grass?

And I like the fact that I don't accidentally move or turn things anymore - this will now only happen if I do that on purpose!
  • [Sugestion to make this new environment more "newbie" friendly]

Until level 16, there are just three buildings that are unlocked in the other farms:
    • Mine
    • Lester's Hideout
    • Collection of Decorations
    So... To help new players to not get confused since the start of the game (as they see so much stuff, but almost everything is locked at that stage, and it's hard to know what is unlocked), I think the other farms should stay locked at least until level 16.

But... What about these 3 buildings?
    • I don't think it would be that bad to lock the mine until level 16.
    • I think Lester's Hideout should only be available after buying gourmet farm.
    • The library in the main farm is locked until level 16, so we could switch it with the Decorations Tower; Well, more precisely, in my idea the library would go to the greenhouse's place (flower farm), the greenhouse to Decoration Tower's (gourmet farm) and Decoration Tower to library's (main farm).

So, when we start the game for the first time, the global map will have everything but the main farm locked.

If we enter in a coop, the coop village unlocks (and then locks again every time we exit a coop). The first time we enter a coop, it would activate some tutorial to explain the village and all that stuff about village dollars and etc...

At level 16, the player would now be used to the main farm and how it works. The game would unlock the flower farm (just the place, not the farm itself, of course). The boat would also unlock, with its initial task a little changed: Tessa would tell us that it would be a good idea to sell our products to a cargo ship, and that there is a port not too far from our main farm. Then the game would guide us to enter the global map and then the flower farm.

It would then start the normal task about completing the cargo. Hovering the mouse in the flower farm sign would say "Not available yet".

After completing the boat task, the horses' place would be unlocked, with the mine and its initial task. It would then start the usual tutorial about the horses.

When we reach level 25 or have 25 expansions in our main farm, the gourmet farm place would unlock. We could then click on the sign to buy the 4 initial expansions.

At this stage, no matter if you actually already bought gourmet farm, clicking on flower farm's 4 expansions would not say "Not available" anymore, but instead it would ask us to wait until level 40 or get 25 expansions in the gourmet farm. 

After buying gourmet farm, Lester's Hideout and Gourmet Farm's market would unlock, but greenhouse and airport would stay locked until level 30, as usual.

Here's how it would kinda be like the global map to a new player:

When we hover the mouse above one of the farms, its corresponding ballon would pop up:

PS: To make more sense unlocking a place without its actual farm, maybe it would be a good idea to give other names to the locations: (ignore the fact that I'm not quite good at inventing places names, but I think that you get the idea!)
    Main Farm => Big Valley
    Gourmet Farm => Hungry Plains
    Flower Farm => Fishing Coast
    Cooperative Village => Village
    Horse Ranch => Racing Canyon
    Island Farm => Storming Island
    Viking Farm => Frosty Lands
    Candy Farm => Fun Meadows
  • I went to donate $100 to our co op to see if that was what the Village dollars were.  Unlike the other server where you can highlight the amount and type in the amount you want, you have to toggle, took a long time to get to $100   too time consuming!  BTW, it didn't affect Village dollars, so still don't know what they are.
    Need to be able to get to farms through the co op tree to water
  • Help... I can't clear my chicken coop or my field I have sent several mails asking for help with this issue, I really wanted to try the test server out
  • Looking at the world map, it shows the "unlocked" symbol above the horseranch, but there is nothing unlocked - I'm too low level for everything.
    mine did that too
  • In my personal opinion, all of this, it doesn't change anything, really. It's making things just more complicated. We just have everything at different places. I don't see the point. It's a little bit confusing and not convenient it may be a matter of habit but i'm not convince for now. It took me a while to find the deco tower.
    I'm waiting to see the coop village cause now i just see we can go somewhere else just to get informations we already have in our farms and if we don't find the panel there is not real indication to get there.
    The ranch is cool, i like to have my horses at my farm but why not

@bobols (FR1) " , You are not thinking far ahead....this new map was build with a thought for possible expand in the future as well..we have now what, like 999 levels? And the highest player on USA server right this moment is level 400...how long You think these people gonna do same tasks, same missions, same weeklies, same temps same same boring same? The game must expand to keep players, that's why laboratory with gazillion levels, that's why new huge land with all new possibilities..maybe to add new buildings, maybe new tasks,  maybe new farm lands or new temp farms, who knows, it can be anything! But it is crucial to expand to keep game going.
  • Looking at the world map, it shows the "unlocked" symbol above the horseranch, but there is nothing unlocked - I'm too low level for everything.
    mine did that too
    Ditto to these =) Not sure if it's something I've missed? I can't do anything with horses yet, I do have the mine going, but it still has a day or so to go, but every time I log in, it shows the "unlocked" padlock over the horse ranch, and I'm really not sure why?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Looking at the world map, it shows the "unlocked" symbol above the horseranch, but there is nothing unlocked - I'm too low level for everything.
    mine did that too
    Ditto to these =) Not sure if it's something I've missed? I can't do anything with horses yet, I do have the mine going, but it still has a day or so to go, but every time I log in, it shows the "unlocked" padlock over the horse ranch, and I'm really not sure why?
    I believe it is letting you know there is some thing going on there ;)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    The scenery is great!  However,  I have two areas where you would find the deco events , the cooperative championship tent ,  Omar and Monty  hang out and Steve the architect... There is just the vendor where the Organic market should be...  and the unlock key highlighted in yellow usually when you receive a new deco is showing up when corn is ready to harvest...

I hope this is the test server forum !!!  lol  I do have to try a few times to get into the test server farm from the log in screen!!!   I do like the world map feature...

edit: posts merged (black-.-angel)
    I think they did that so we wont have characters in the back which I think is great  veryhard at times when they are in two rows kudos.  I dont see any big fuss about the global map or it hard to use or find things not sure why so many seem to find this hard to navigate think the developers have done a fantastic job with this. I also found the deco building and did the placement without any problem.  Any info on how long this farm will last
  • In my personal opinion, all of this, it doesn't change anything, really. It's making things just more complicated. We just have everything at different places. I don't see the point. It's a little bit confusing and not convenient it may be a matter of habit but i'm not convince for now. It took me a while to find the deco tower.
    I'm waiting to see the coop village cause now i just see we can go somewhere else just to get informations we already have in our farms and if we don't find the panel there is not real indication to get there.
    The ranch is cool, i like to have my horses at my farm but why not

@bobols (FR1) " , You are not thinking far ahead....this new map was build with a thought for possible expand in the future as well..we have now what, like 999 levels? And the highest player on USA server right this moment is level 400...how long You think these people gonna do same tasks, same missions, same weeklies, same temps same same boring same? The game must expand to keep players, that's why laboratory with gazillion levels, that's why new huge land with all new possibilities..maybe to add new buildings, maybe new tasks,  maybe new farm lands or new temp farms, who knows, it can be anything! But it is crucial to expand to keep game going.
    I never said anything about the map, i'm totally agree to have new things, new tasks, new buildings, new themes even new farms, new appearances....but i don't see that write now.  I said i don't see the point to make everything at different places, it doesn't change anything, just making the game more complicated. how having the boat in flower's farm and not in the other for exemple is interesting ? For now i just see a complicated, pointless reorganization i'm sorry.
    the coop village is useless for now even if it's a beautiful place etc... 
    why not put new things in our current farms ? That's my point. Letting the market, the boat etc... in all farms as we have now and put something really new in each one of theme in a specific way like the new boat in flower's farm even if i don't know if we can use it ( there is no information about it ) like new dollars ( no explanation )
    Anyway i'm ok for new things just not for the new farms's organisation and i now lot of people like it but i'm not a big fan of the ranch, i feel like my horses are very far away in a very big place without a lot of things. 
    I'm totally ok for change but real ans useful one. We just got lost in all this
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 19.08.2016
    Folks, please, please, 

THIS THREAD is for issues with the MAP.

For GENERAL DISCUSSIONS/thoughts and general questions about the test server go here:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/130016/update-aug-16th-test-server-is-go-discussion#latest  (main forum)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/129359/big-farm-test-forum-general-thread#latest  (Test server forum)

For TECHNICAL BUGS within the test server farming environment, post/read here:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/categories/technical-problems

For GRAPHICAL BUGS within the test server farming environment, post/read here
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/categories/graphics-and-interface

Thanks for reading. Here, have some candy. 

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.08.2016
    Mostly loving all the new stuff, especially the bigger farms & the background for the ranch area, but some things REALLY need moving...

1. Deco tower used to be just a signpost that told us when a deco needed to be unlocked, now its not even that. You have no indicators for it at all. If you go looking for it (if you happen to know it even exists) then you find you have things to unlock, but aside from that its pretty much been wiped out of the game.
    2. The Mine... You get a license early in the game, but nothing to tell you what to do with it (again unless you know to go looking for it) its not until you get a ship (if you are lucky enough to spot that you got that lol) & then from there you find the ranch & voila a mine.
    3. Back to the Ship.... We have always had the ship visible on ALL farms, because we need the ship on all farms, not only has it been moved to only one farm it has gone to the farm that uses it the least!!!.... No offence to anyone, but seriously, who on earth thought that was a good idea??? Please put the ship back on main & gourmet farms.

Overall I would prefer to have the things that I click most often back on the main farm.... Ship, Mine, Greenhouse & things that I never or very rarely click hidden off on other farms.... Matildas School & the Library.

Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
  • Damaria3 (US1) disse:
     I dont see any big fuss about the global map or it hard to use or find things not sure why so many seem to find this hard to navigate
    Well, personally, I didn't found it too hard to get used to. But I think it would be confusing to new players to have all the farms at the same time, that's my problem... We don't want to scare new players since the very start, do we? :p 

I think I already know exatly where everything is and my game isn't very slow loading the other farms, so personally this won't be a problem for me.

the coop village is useless for now even if it's a beautiful place etc... 
    Well, with that "Village Dolars" stuff that they are planning, I think it will become useful soon...

i feel like my horses are very far away in a very big place without a lot of things. 
    I agree with that. It's a very big place and the buildings (at least at level 0) make it seem like too empty
  • ape-regina (INT1)ape-regina (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    I find great oppirtunità the entire screen.

In the map, I find misleading that we can access things not yet in operation, as the tower decorations, and farm Gourmet and flowers. Misleading and a waste of time, access it from the map when it still has not reached the level, to enable them ...

Seems settled now, the bug that marked, left of the screen, the end an assignment. The warning does not disappear, even after clicking several times.

Bug active since yesterday: Can not watering the trees of the coop, straight from the tree. But we need watering and then go home. This for every tree of the coop.
    Active since yesterday, even the bug that does not collect the eggs. To do this you must log out and log in.

I do not always get the dollars, customers in the market after having delivered the goods ...

I find very practical new features to sow the fields... :)

Sign In to comment.