Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

2 links for the valentine's day contest!

Donnalusue (US1)Donnalusue (US1) US1 Posts: 41
One of my members sent out a co op msg about the Valentine's day contest with this link...
http://us.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?1015-Forum-Event-The-Farmentine%E2%80%99s-Enigma!

but it says I have to register & it won't let me. So I followed the forum in Offical Announcements to get to the contest that way. It says it was posted by Latten but the other one that I listed above says it's from Margo. The link to Margo's contest has different names in it than the one from Latten's post. Which one is the correct contest? Why can I get to Latten's post but some of my members can only get to Margo's post. And who is Margo? I have never heard of this moderator & can't find the name in any other posts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm SOOOO confused..thanks

Donnalusue @ US 1

Donnalusue leader of Major Misfits....:p
Post edited by Donnalusue (US1) on

Comments

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 14.02.2015
    The link you provided is the link to the new US forum for new players. There's a post around here somewhere from Nafaru about that. I'll see if I can find it.

Ok I found it here
    Hey Yakoska,

it seems you're being redirected to the new US forums then.
    Could you please provide a screenshot of said page you're being redirected to so we can confirm this?

To explain: we now have forums specifically created for (new) US players. However, the game was not supposed to actually take you to these forums if you already have an account on these forums.

For now, you should be able to log in using your userdata on http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm instead of http://us.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm while we investigate what is going wrong.

Regards,
    Steffi

You will need to participate in the contest posted by Latten since this is the community you belong to & I guess the one's who can only access the US forum will have to participate in that contest. :)
  • Donnalusue (US1)Donnalusue (US1) US1 Posts: 41
    edited 14.02.2015
    Thanks Jess_d...I must have missed that post. I was wondering why I couldn't find new US1 members looking for a co op on the original forum. Haven't seen any for over a week...haha. I will let my newest members know. Thanks again!
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 14.02.2015
    Donnalusue wrote: »
    One of my members sent out a co op msg about the Valentine's day contest with this link...
    http://us.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?1015-Forum-Event-The-Farmentine%E2%80%99s-Enigma!

but it says I have to register & it won't let me. So I followed the forum in Offical Announcements to get to the contest that way. It says it was posted by Latten but the other one that I listed above says it's from Margo. The link to Margo's contest has different names in it than the one from Latten's post. Which one is the correct contest? Why can I get to Latten's post but some of my members can only get to Margo's post. And who is Margo? I have never heard of this moderator & can't find the name in any other posts. Am I doing something wrong? I'm SOOOO confused..thanks

Donnalusue @ US 1

Donnalusue leader of Major Misfits....:p

Hi Donnalusue,

That link is from one of the other official forums. That one was created specifically for (new) US players. If you click the forum button on your farm game screen, it will take you to the forum that you are registered on & that will have the correct contest for your account. For you that will be these forums & Latten`s contest.
  • Snibbor (US1)Snibbor (US1) Posts: 31
    edited 14.02.2015
    WascallyWabbit, that other forum has more clues and can be solved does ours have a problem?
    edited 14.02.2015
    You're welcome, Donnalusue :)

@WascallyWabbit, I'm curious about the new US board. I'm guessing they created it so that the new players can find information easier since there are a ton of posts here & sometimes it hard to find an answer. But by putting the new players on a different forum when they're looking for a new co-op they're kinda limited to which co-ops to join. I know they could look at the rankings & find more co-ops but not everyone is aware of that feature.

At some point do the new players no longer become new & will be able to join the EN board or are they forever stuck there & not able to belong to the same community as (possibly) some of their fellow co-op members?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 14.02.2015
    @ Jess, I don`t have any info on the long term purpose of that particular forum. We know it was set up a couple of months ago & that new US players get directed there, I don`t even know if its just some or all of them, but I will pass this thread on to our CMs & they may be able to tell you more on Monday.

@ Snibbor, Please don`t use info from another forum's version of the contest, tempting as it may be, it will just create more confusion. If there are problems solving Latten`s versions, I would suggest posting your answers as best you can based ONLY on the hints given on this forum, so that it is an even playing field for everybody & Latten can then take any issues into account when he checks the results.
    edited 14.02.2015
    Ok thanks Wabbit! :D
  • Donnalusue (US1)Donnalusue (US1) US1 Posts: 41
    edited 14.02.2015
    Thanks WascallyWabbit. I figured I would still be with the old forum & would post my answers with Latten but we had a couple of members that couldn't register or log in with the link we gave out for them to go to for the contest so when I was trying to help that is how I found out about the new US forum for new members. I also had this new member ask if she will always be in the new US forum or will she be able to graduate to the big forum or now..lol. Was there an up date when the new forum was created? Me & my deputy's (mainly Godless Wench) are usually pretty good about letting our members know about new up dates & changes. We both must have missed this one if it was even mentioned anywhere in the original forum. Just wondering how it is going to be helpful for new members to find a co op if all the old co ops are on a different forum. If I didn't know about it how many other leaders & co ops don't know about it. Just wondering & thinking ahead..maybe I need to stop doing that..haha

Donnalusue...leader of Major Misfits
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 16.02.2015
    Hey everyone,

we can see that the new US forums are causing a bit of confusion.

Basically, by the end of November/beginning of December, all players on us1 who had not previously registered a forum account on the EN forums started being redirected to the new US forums instead.

These US forums are supposed to offer a more localized experience to US players, e.g. with special events.
    jess_d wrote: »
    At some point do the new players no longer become new & will be able to join the EN board or are they forever stuck there & not able to belong to the same community as (possibly) some of their fellow co-op members?

It's not a matter of old or new, inexperienced or expert players.
    The decision was made to enable new US players to have their own forums, while keeping veteran users in their known forum environment, meaning the EN forums. Nobody will be transferred to another forum either.

In terms of contests, you should always be able to participate in the forum you account is assigned to.

Regards,
    Steffi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file