Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

island farm completion?

oddsododdsod Posts: 13
g'day farmers

just wondering, is it possible to complete all 3 chapters and side tasks without spending gold(cash), and is there anyone out there who's done it????
Post edited by oddsod on

Comments

• edited 24.10.2014
    I have completed all 3 chapters with 0 gold spent, althought I didn't finish all side tasks. I think that they are not worth doing, since you only get 10k or less sheels.
  • oddsododdsod Posts: 13
    edited 24.10.2014
    wow, that must of taken some doing, well done, maybe you could share a few hints
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 24.10.2014
    Griffiths has published his tips for finishing all three chapters (not the side tasks). You need no more than $100,000,000 and ZERO dollars
  • oddsododdsod Posts: 13
    edited 24.10.2014
    thanks for that Samty, gonna give a try next time,
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 24.10.2014
    when i have at least 200 mill in the bank i will try it, but until then doing the island only for shells
  • edited 24.10.2014
    Well yea I can share some hints. Firstly you need to upgrade your bank to level 6 or 7. Then you can start with buying further land and building houses. If you want to complete all 3 chapters you need 10 houses level 4. You need 3 fields level 3, and silo, farmhouse level 3. Everything is in demolishing and building new objects. For example when you have to produce dung, just build 8 or more peacock coops(all level one, they are not worth upgrading since they require 5 more workers at each stage) Also my suggestion is not to try complete all the side tasks, because you will lose loads of money and time(I'd suggest you to complete only those who give you premium humus and premium island fertilizer) It's nice if you prearange all buildings you need for next task, so I'd suggest you to visit this[http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?117261-The-island-farm!]
  • katmajik (US1)katmajik (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 24.10.2014
    I would love it if we could keep our islands..I spend gold on it and would spend more if it was something we could keep. I can keep up with four or five farms ..I am sure..and it just keeps my interest more..I might even stop playing Mahjong while farming if we had a lot to do. I really like my island farm but I would give choices ( anyone who did not want to play with another farm would not be required to) I hope you would consider keeping islands so our interests can be kept in our farming game..you would make more gold sales and the islands are cool. Thanks guys!!! katmajik
  • lrsu121lrsu121 Posts: 1
    edited 25.10.2014
    I am not going to be able to finish the 3rd level. should I go ahead and demolish as many of my buildings as i can in order to get more shells?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 25.10.2014
    Well yea I can share some hints. Firstly you need to upgrade your bank to level 6 or 7. Then you can start with buying further land and building houses. If you want to complete all 3 chapters you need 10 houses level 4. You need 3 fields level 3, and silo, farmhouse level 3. Everything is in demolishing and building new objects. For example when you have to produce dung, just build 8 or more peacock coops(all level one, they are not worth upgrading since they require 5 more workers at each stage) Also my suggestion is not to try complete all the side tasks, because you will lose loads of money and time(I'd suggest you to complete only those who give you premium humus and premium island fertilizer) It's nice if you prearange all buildings you need for next task, so I'd suggest you to visit this[http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?117261-The-island-farm!]

And all this info is to be found in Griffith's tips for finishing all 3 chapters of the island. See the link Samty gives us in his post no #4 here above! :)
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 25.10.2014
    Actually you dont need more then 8 houses, 6 lvl 4 and 2 lvl 3, to complete the island.
    And plannig ahead is the key to complete the island and not, like some sites suggest, just following the tasks.
    Also, this site gives the advice to upgrade buildings is better then building new ones, this is not true either.
    You need a lot of dung and a lvl 1 peacock(5w) gives 210 dung= 42/worker, a lvl 4(20w) gives 320 dung= 16/worker.

Working ahead, you can complete the island with 50-60mln, but it consumes a lot of your time.
    With a lvl 2 field, a lvl 3 mill, a lvl 1 peacock, a lvl 3 silo and lvl 2 orchards you need to harvest:
    1100 x peanuts, 800 x peacocks, 254 x mango's etc. and these numbers do not include the numbers requered by the tasks.
  • ta152hta152h Posts: 6
    edited 25.10.2014
    I am only level 70, and was only able to complete the second task. It was difficult doing it and upgrading my main farms, which I felt was more important, long term.

However, one thing I would have done differently is considered buildings to be temporary structures. Unless you have gobs of money to throw at the farm, and don't require tough choices, it's imperative to knock stuff down after it's useful, and then put it back up if it becomes necessary again. Once I did that, my progress was much better. I learned it too late in the process.

Obviously, this implies being careful about certain upgrades. The silo, sugar mill, and bank are good upgrades, since you'll always keep them. At least one Lvl 4 peacock is good too, because it's efficient and you'll never want to be without it, because of the manure production. Houses of course are permanent, because often times the number of people is the limitation. Most other stuff should not be upgraded too much, and just discarded when it's not useful for the current quest. Then add it again if it needs to be. It's so much better than just keeping 'dead wood' for quests.

That's my suggestion, anyway. I wish I discovered it sooner, but I don't think I'd be able to finish the third one anyway at only level 70. But, the second would have been a lot easier.
  • kathy213 (US1)kathy213 (US1) Posts: 83
    edited 25.10.2014
    gotta save this one for next island event

want to check out those hints LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file