Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - May 21st - Friend invite and foreshadowing events - Discussion

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 25.05.2015
    I think we all know what is going to happen here. It will stay as it is....
    I remember there has been discussion about having friend in game.

BUT NOT LIKE THIS X(
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 25.05.2015
    Not very happy with the "Inviting Friends" item, to say the least, and will therefore never make any use of it. Making friends in real life always feels good and I cherish all my friendships.

But within this "Inviting Friends" feature I believe some conditions/rules have a strong manipulative and slightly stalkerish smell over it, and could cause unwanted frictions within the friendship(s). This new feature in the game feels like manipulation ... many conditions/rules feel like being a big stick to keep us on the right track. Friends might get annoyed with each other when one is not often enough online to the likes of the other, etc., etc.

I completely agree with Raven:
    My real concern is the part where a 'tutor' can earn a % of the gold that their new member/'friend' buys.
    The tutor gold can not exceed 10,000 gold per day. My personal ethic believes that when friends & family become revenue streams, they're no longer really your friends & family. It also smells just a bit like a single tier pyramid scheme.
    [unquote]

I would never ever expose any friendship to such possibilities. :S

Furthermore I have to agree with Brian a.o.: many of us have helped/tutored/mentored for many months (I did it for 2 years) new players in the forum, without gaining any rewards for that (Larino's Corner maybe an exception here - Larino got - rightfully so and much too late - the community bonfire reward).... I am a helper in the Dutch thread and I have mentored all my coop-members and I know many leaders/deputies of other coops also do this.
    We did this gladly, out of free will and never needed a big stick or any bribery...

And therefore I would much rather like to go on mentoring lower level and/or new players to understand the game, as I did up until now. I don't need any reward for it, as I don't need any big stick or bribery - but I also don't deserve any punishment if I don't want to dispose my friends to spamming them! ;(
  • dfces (NL1)dfces (NL1) Posts: 9
    edited 25.05.2015
    I have played Big Farm for almost 2,5 years and I barely feel the need to post something on this forum. Until today. What is up with these friend requests? The ONE thing that made Big Farm different and stand out from other games is now gone. When friends comment on this game they usually say: Eugh are you playing Farmville?!?! And you know what I respond? ''Well, it's like Farmville except that you don't send invites to friends all the time.''
    Please change this. As a level 100+ I would be so open and happy to mentor starting members, hook me up with some and maybe they'll stick around, but I am definitely not inviting my friends.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 25.05.2015
    Dara15 wrote: »
    I think we all know what is going to happen here. It will stay as it is....

I'm very afraid that you're right in that thinking :(
    - And I will not be surprised if GGS totaly ignores all our complaints and arguments against this "spam your friends" thing, and don't even offer us any answers on our complaints.
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Friends might get annoyed with each other when one is not often enough online to the likes of the other, etc., etc.

That's also a very good argument against this "friends" thing.
    - many coops require some minimum activity from there members, and before I came into the coops I'm in now, I have try be in coops where was very active members who are annoyed with low active members.
    We did this gladly, out of free will and never needed a big stick or any bribery...

And therefore I would much rather like to go on mentoring lower level and/or new players to understand the game, as I did up until now. I don't need any reward for it, as I don't need any big stick or bribery - but I also don't deserve any punishment if I don't want to dispose my friends to spamming them! ;(

Well spoken Jiesta :)
    Lots of players alredy have give me that reward I feel I best like to have, by saying "thank you", and thousands of visits at my danish helpsite also tells me that my work there not have been waste of time. :)

But: When now GGS by themselves put their hands into a wasp nest with this unfair "friends" thing, it can not surprise anybody (unless maybe GGS), that a lot of us who have done a lot of free help-working, and players who before this "friends" thing have get new players to the game, feels us betrayed, and we are get angry for that many of us not can get any benefits as e.g. upgrading the airport with benefits for tempoary farms.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 25.05.2015
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    The link did not work

Hi everyone. Me and another player on US server decided to swamp friendship. I started a new farm on EN1 using her link and she started a new WWW1 farm using my link. Be both succesfully started new farms, but the best friend link was not created, not on www1 server not on en1 server.
    We both can see each others new farm on ranking list, so I am sure we crated our farms on a right server.
    And I am sure i used her link at least.

The only odd think that happened is that I had international server preselected and have to mannualy select the en1. I used the same user name and so did she. So what went wrong? Did anyone else have the same experience?

To check things I opened link of another player on AU server and again international server was preselected. This time I cleared the chache an all browser history.

So did anyone of you tried to open a new farm on another server trough other link and did you succeded?
    I have had 3 people message me saying they had joined using my link, and made sure they had EN1 server, but i search and no such names and no friend on my list. so now i have to ask the people if they changed server, they already said they did! so a simple friend request is turning into a fiasco. obviously if they not on en1, they could join that one, but they say they did change it. Now 4 players have joined, all 4 say they changed the server to EN1, i cannot believe 4 players have joined another server by mistake, but nice way for GGS to get even more players.
    Managed to get 1 player to join as a friend, looked her up and went to send a message.. but its not possible. ha ha ha what a way to treat a friend, so now back to e mails until she levels up more. Oh ggs you do provide us with some laughs !
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    edited 25.05.2015
    I also like the idea of a County Fair, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find some other way to do the "friend" thing if you really need it. Our coop leader has been inundated with "friend" invites so new players are really confusing it BIG TIME. They are pasting the links in emails to other players. Not sure if they think this is how to request to join a coop or what. We've gotten over a dozen emails in just 1 day and still counting from new players. It's getting entirely aggravating. Please disable this and find a less confusing means to do this if you need new players...one that does not completely confuse the new players that are coming in on their own.

Thank you!
    edited 25.05.2015
    This is from the Official Announcement:
    :
    Future friend features

Of course, this isn't everything we've been planning for the friend feature! More features are still to come, and we hope you'll like them.

•Friend List - We're to show all your friends in a friend list eventually.
    •More invite options - More friends, more options!
    [unquote]

It may be my knowledge of English as it is not my native language, but this tells me that the Friend List is still to come / not available yet.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 25.05.2015
    It may be my knowledge of English as it is not my native language, but this tells me that the Friend List is still to come / not available yet.

Absolutely correct. Friend list is not here yet based on the anouncement.

So probably nobody can see more then one friend yet?

Seems like mods should come out of hiding and start explaining.
  • edited 25.05.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. Friend list is not here yet based on the anouncement.

So probably nobody can see more then one friend yet?

Seems like mods should come out of hiding and start explaining.

If I were a mod, I wouldn't want to argue with a bunch of complaining players who don't understand the update and think it's bad. Just my personal opinion. But the Mods do read this thread, and have been reading it.
  • TheJ.mulcahy (GB1)TheJ.mulcahy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 43
    edited 25.05.2015
    If I were a mod, I wouldn't want to argue with a bunch of complaining players who don't understand the update and think it's bad. Just my personal opinion. But the Mods do read this thread, and have been reading it.
    No well you wouldn't want to listen to your customers would you, judging from your previous posts you should just keep on brown nosing and hope someone cares.

Not liking the friends thing either, hate cold callers at my door, annoying sales phone calls and spam emails.
    Shame really, apart from this, the game has been pretty good. Although I shall not be leaving I just shall ignore it unless it starts to affect the game play. Not seeing much of a difference as such apart from being billy no mates in my farm game at the top of my screen and a few missed goodies, I can live with that so far.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 25.05.2015

Well, thank goodness you are not a mod ...............8)
  • edited 25.05.2015
    No well you wouldn't want to listen to your customers would you, judging from your previous posts you should just keep on brown nosing and hope someone cares.

Not liking the friends thing either, hate cold callers at my door, annoying sales phone calls and spam emails.
    Shame really, apart from this, the game has been pretty good. Although I shall not be leaving I just shall ignore it unless it starts to affect the game play. Not seeing much of a difference as such apart from being billy no mates in my farm game at the top of my screen and a few missed goodies, I can live with that so far.

8|
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Well, thank goodness you are not a mod ...............8)

yeah... good thing for that... :p
    edited 25.05.2015

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TheJ.mulcahy viewpost-right.png

8|
    ?( something wrong with your eyes
  • cabo (INT1)cabo (INT1) Posts: 360
    edited 25.05.2015
    This is actually getting entertaining!

Definately keeping the Mods busy this weekend! :)

I will be happy when the CM's get back on duty.
    Dare I ask for support to get caught up as well????
    Nah...That will never happen.
    edited 25.05.2015
    LMFAO are you a mod or just an annoying person who keeps posting.

Anyhow, if they want to keep the friends thing in it is not so bad, it could work for them if they keep it minimal and not make it a necessary feature to complete missions and events.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 26.05.2015
    I think i'd rather be a happy loner farmer than waste my own time finding new recruits for a company that has little to no regard for its customers. Our criticism of a number of updates have been completely ignored and its obvious this one will be too.
  • gio1 (US1)gio1 (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 26.05.2015
    Trying to get friends to play in order to have fun here is in poor taste on your part. Sadly, I guess, like many others, I will end up quitting all together when I can no longer advance because of this. :(
  • 1sttimer1sttimer Posts: 34
    edited 26.05.2015
    I got one of those spams from Graycat for Empire & found it annoying. I don't know her/him at all so why would I "friend" her/him? & to learn that she benefits if I do? that makes it obnoxious!

s/he calls is spam, then it isn't spam. isn't the definition of spam bothering people randomly?
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 26.05.2015
    Do not care for the new friend invite and will never use it.

My email friends would be getting on my junk list real fast if they started sending me links to game so there is no way I would do that to them.

I do not like sales calls or pop up stuff on the PC and most feel that way. That is why pop up blockers, anti junk mail, and spam are so popular.

If someone wants to play a game they will go looking for. I will not be one who ticks off my family and friends to try to sell your product.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 26.05.2015
    how would the staff and everyone else fee if they started receiving numerous emails that were begging them yes begging them to join whatever, yes they could delete them but that is not the point, this UPDATE is the worst
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 26.05.2015
    1sttimer wrote: »
    I got one of those spams from Graycat for Empire & found it annoying. I don't know her/him at all so why would I "friend" her/him? & to learn that she benefits if I do? that makes it obnoxious!

s/he calls is spam, then it isn't spam. isn't the definition of spam bothering people randomly?

Here you can read the Wikipedia definiton of spamming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming

In my eyes, Graycat have spammed you.
    If he has spammed me, I'll report him!
  • gio1 (US1)gio1 (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 26.05.2015

• You can invite as many friends as you like, but only 10 friends will become best friends and share a bond with you to work for rewards.
    • You and your invited friend will stay best friends until the new player unlocks the flower farm or reaches level 41. After that, the bond will be seperated again, making room for new best friends.
    • If a bonded friend is not online for two weeks, the bond will be seperated as well. It will not be restored automatically if the friend returns after those two weeks.

so basically you want me to spam my all my friends, and then I can only play with them until they reach level 41 or accidentaly, like I did, unlock the flower farm. God forbid they take a 2 week vacation or suddenly has a busy moment in their lives!!!! Geesh!!! The least you could do is make it so that your friend is playing with you indefinately, without the stipulations. Suggestion: Take some of that hard earned money people spend on coins and do your own advertising!!!!! X(
  • Shaz.matthewsUs (GB1)Shaz.matthewsUs (GB1) GB1 Posts: 19
    edited 26.05.2015
    I do not intend using the friends list either. I will not be doing their job for them. Do your own advertising GGS dont expect your players to do it for you
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 26.05.2015
    [...]
    Nafaru in another thread have tell that Larino newly have get the Fireplace deco, and I'll have to say Larino is as far know that player who have done most player to player, so she absolutly have deserved that fireplace deco :)
    [...]

Wow wait a second here! I did indeed get that deco, but not for my hard forum work or website! I got it for the forum event, in which everybody had an equal chance to win that deco and many with me did get it for that. I simply participated in all tasks and did okay in it (not extraordinarily well, just okay) and had enough points to win it. I never got any tangible reward for what I did, I even sometimes got punished for it, but I will let those feelings to rest now. All the rewards I got were the nice words from all you players and yes, also some from the Community Managers, thank you for that.

Here you can see how and when I won it:
    en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?85738-Forum-Long-Term-Event-The-prizes-and-the-winners-)
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 26.05.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    I have had 3 people message me saying they had joined using my link, and made sure they had EN1 server, but i search and no such names and no friend on my list. so now i have to ask the people if they changed server, they already said they did! so a simple friend request is turning into a fiasco. obviously if they not on en1, they could join that one, but they say they did change it. Now 4 players have joined, all 4 say they changed the server to EN1, i cannot believe 4 players have joined another server by mistake, but nice way for GGS to get even more players.
    Managed to get 1 player to join as a friend, looked her up and went to send a message.. but its not possible. ha ha ha what a way to treat a friend, so now back to e mails until she levels up more. Oh ggs you do provide us with some laughs !

There is deffinitelly something wrong with inviting. The player from AU1 was so kind to use my link (even if he new that my logging to AU did not work properly). This time the bond was created and he earned me 5 pennies, for witch I am greatly thankfull. Nevertheless, the task on the task bar (one with carma points) is still there. He also told me, that he had the same swamp friendship deal with someone from US. Again the frendship link was formed only in one direction:

So to sum up, this is what happened. We have following players:
    - player A on US1
    - player B on AU1
    - player C on WWW1 (me)
    - player D on EN1.

Players C and D swap friendships, no bound was formed. (not on www1 and not on en1). The wrong server was preselected and the right server was selected manualy. Same usernames are used both times
    Players A and B swap friendships. The bond was formed on US1, but not on AU1.
    Players C and B swam friendships. The bond was formed on WWW1, but not on AU1. This time I (player C) used different username and made sure that the right server was preselected but bond failed again.

I am using firefox on ubuntu if that is of any help.

So Nafaru and Latten, can you please, please look into this. I now you are busy but as I found out trough this forum, thinks usually get solved really quickly when you get involved. Thank you for that.

About the spamming thing: I agree with the majority. I love this game because of its un- aggresivness in advertising and did not like this last turn of events. I kind of unerstand Graycat, though. She is young (as I could understand from another thread). The new "facebook generation" is more used to spamming. They are spammed on every step and are spamming back and learned to live with it (as we learned to live with commercials on TV breaking movie just at the right moment :) ). I do not support her behavior, I just say I understand her. But as Dara said, I do not thing it will go away. As Nafaru said, it was probably not ment for spamming at first, but some players will spamm (we already had an example of it :) ) and in my opinion make more damage than success. Hope GGS will understand that we like the game because it is different in this way from the rest.

The swamp-friend programe is my way of rebelion against it anyway :). If it would work properly :(
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 26.05.2015
    Hmmm, i don't understand what is wrong in that.
    My friendship worked well. I mean that i created an account in EN and both sides are working well. I just don't have too much time to play, so my friend has to wait pennies... sorry about that.

No, i did not asked my friend to create an account in SKn, because i already had a task don. My sister joined in game. So i don't know if it had worked that way.

Only one thing is not good in my situation, my sister don't like this game, so she
    asked to delete her account. So, i'm going to be without a friend, but no matter, i had a task done. ;););)

Anyway, i hope you will have that problem solved. I did not have any problems with it.

P.S.

Would you like to try skn, aaabbb ? Just try if it works ? I don't need a friend playing all day long, no need for that. I myself don't have too much time to play, like i said.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 26.05.2015
    The swamp-friend programe is my way of rebelion against it anyway :). If it would work properly :(

LMAO ... aaabbb1 you do the best typos ever, I love this one (more than the fig hehe) 86_zps669aed76.gif
    edited 26.05.2015
    Larino wrote: »
    Wow wait a second here! I did indeed get that deco, but not for my hard forum work or website! I got it for the forum event, in which everybody had an equal chance to win that deco and many with me did get it for that. I simply participated in all tasks and did okay in it (not extraordinarily well, just okay) and had enough points to win it. I never got any tangible reward for what I did, I even sometimes got punished for it, but I will let those feelings to rest now. All the rewards I got were the nice words from all you players and yes, also some from the Community Managers, thank you for that.

Here you can see how and when I won it:
    en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?85738-Forum-Long-Term-Event-The-prizes-and-the-winners-)

OMG!! Very interesting information Larino! Very interesting indeed!
    THX for sharing this with us! :thumbup:
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 26.05.2015
    The swamp-friend programe is my way of rebelion against it anyway . If it would work properly

I would not mind swamp-friend (It came from the muddy depths of river Aire to play big farm. It ate all the animals and carried workers back to its lair) Thats a good friend LMAO
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 26.05.2015
    Larino wrote: »
    Wow wait a second here! I did indeed get that deco, but not for my hard forum work or website! I got it for the forum event, in which everybody had an equal chance to win that deco and many with me did get it for that.

Oh, checking back on the date credited, this is actually true.

However, you were put on our list of helping hands to receive a decoration. We are trying our best to avoid hoarding of this unique deco, though, so we didn't credit it in the end since you already had it.

It's about time we renew the list, though. There are a lot of very valuable posters and helping hands on this forum that we would like to thank rather sooner than later.

I'll start with giving another public thank-you to you and your cooperative now. The rest will follow. :)
    So Nafaru and Latten, can you please, please look into this. I now you are busy but as I found out trough this forum, thinks usually get solved really quickly when you get involved. Thank you for that.

I'll create a copy of this post in the technical problems section so we can ask a couple of questions, okay aaabbb1?

Thanks for taking the time to write this all up.
    gio110 wrote: »
    Sadly, I guess, like many others, I will end up quitting all together when I can no longer advance because of this. :(

Good thing we have no plans to stop your progress altogether if you decide to ignore this feature then, right gio110? :)

It's all optional.

Regards,
    Steffi

PS: Still reading back on this thread. A couple posts targeted at a certain person were removed. If you would like to criticize them, please send them a private message or drop a hint in one of your comments. Please don't overdo it, though. Thanks. :)
Sign In to comment.