Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - January 29th - Horse Ranch: Player versus Player competitions - Discussion

Comments

• FilipeczekFilipeczek Posts: 275
    edited 13.03.2015
    No idea how many players are in Diamond League on NL server because I'm still in Platinum 4 and probably will stay here with my current pony. It would be nice to know :)
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 13.03.2015
    I'll ask here before starting a separate thread:

if I have little gold and want some more, isn't it better to end up in Gold rather than Platinum, so I receive 300 coins instead of one mining license? A bird in the hand, etc.? Or do the prizes accumulate?
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 13.03.2015
    Snork2: I'm 99% sure that the prize accumulate, so if the challenge stopped now, I'm on the us server will win all the prizes in bronze, silver gold, and the 3, 4, and 5 prizes ind platinium. (yes, at the moment I'm in platinium 3 on us server)
  • mbeliever (US1)mbeliever (US1) Posts: 686
    edited 13.03.2015
    Snork2: I'm 99% sure that the prize accumulate, so if the challenge stopped now, I'm on the us server will win all the prizes in bronze, silver gold, and the 3, 4, and 5 prizes ind platinium. (yes, at the moment I'm in platinium 3 on us server)

I would really like a mod's answer on this one. I was of the opinion that you only get the prizes shown for the league that you're on when the challenge ends.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 13.03.2015

I think you'll only get the rewards from the league you end up in in the end of the season. This is a section from the official announcement:

"Depending on the league you are in upon the end of the season, you will earn several rewards. You can preview these awards in the respective league overview."

At least that's how it seems to me..
    edited 13.03.2015
    Mina0o: That's also a way to understand the sentence you qouted. :)

Let's hope a MOD or a CM will come and clarify this question.
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    edited 13.03.2015
    Does anyone know why I can't buy a horse for gold at the horse shop. It lists a gold amount under the horseshoe amount, I don't have enough horsehoes, but I do have enough gold, and the buy box is greyed out? Very frustrating, the horse I want has a plus 22 breeding effect!
    edited 13.03.2015
    If the horse you want to buy cost both horseshoes and gold, that's the reason you not can buy that horse, as long you not have enough of both the gold and the horseshoes.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 13.03.2015
    If you read the information on the various leagues just above the prizes, it says "If you're in this league when the season ends, you'll win this prize." So it sounds to me that you only get the prizes from the league you're in when the season ends.
    edited 13.03.2015
    Pingo42: hmmm I'm try browse back to the lower leagues and check....
    Damn, it seems like you (and Mina0o) are right and I'm wrong. :(
    - Well, then I'll hope I can climp up to the first place in my league before the challenge end. :D (pist hush, move away all you who are in front of me, I wanna win :p )
    edited 13.03.2015
    Hot tip if you want to win: try to lose. Ever since I tried getting back down to gold (so I will get the gold prize and NOT the "better" license), I stopped losing.
    edited 15.03.2015
    tracey40 wrote: »
    I lost race 3,10,13,15,16,and 17 even though my percentage chances of winning were 81.04,83,78.59,77.94,78.9 and 84.58 better than theirs.

So now I'm thinking that if I'm going to loose 35% of my races when, on average my chances of winning are 80.675 that either the odds are skewed against the top horses or that there's a trigger point in the race
    schedule when you'll just loose whatever level your horse is. Looking at these results I'd say that you get a fair run up to race 10 and then you are in deep doo doo.

Anyone else noticed this at all?

Yes, I would have to agree with your findings.... Especially those losses at 15,16,17, because far too many times to be a coincidence, I have found that I hit a bizarre loss & I just know the next 2 races are going to be losses too, no matter what horse I challenge.

I have tried doing it both ways, saving fuel & racing a lot or spreading out the races. I kept track of the increase/decrease in points over a few days & my conclusions are, we are doooomed, dooooomed I tell ya! Even if 1 day gets slightly better results, over a 3 day period I end up with the same increase in points no matter which method I use & I find that if I win more of the challenges I make, then I end up losing more of the challenges made against me to bring it back to the same numbers again.

By now I think we all know instinctively we'll lose after a while, but finally I also tracked my last 13 races and I think - I'm sure - that it's not about the teen-numbers as such, but a pattern of approx. win four lose one - > win three lose two -> down to win one lose four (repeat), with of course the balancing wins in losses in the challenges from others.

No matter how much I upgrade, breed, race (or don't) and train, I've not moved for a whole week now, so I can neither get the measly 1500 horseshoes nor go back down to the gold level :(
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 16.03.2015
    I tracked about 200 races... before it got tedious. My average expected win% was 78 and change, and my win rate was 72 and change (up from 66% where it hovered a long time.) There was no pattern. I never lost more than 3 in a row, and I never won more than 7 in a row. But within those ranges it was all over the place.

-Y
    edited 16.03.2015
    Yesterday I loss 5 in a row on the us server where I'm in platinium. 4 of them was against diamond horses and 1 was a platinium horse with a higher level than my horse.
    - and no, there was no weaker horses to challenge. :(
    I also have that thinking that there is no pattern.
    edited 16.03.2015
    Brian, I know I will lose against lower level horses, always did, still do. Chosing between a level 9 and a level 44 I know I can only beat the 44. I would only challenge weaker horses if I wanted to lose. But I'm losing more than 60 percent today AND also losing 90 percent of the challenges. *forever stuck*
    edited 16.03.2015
    I think the reason the I'm stuck around the same niveau, have a lot to do with that I have not trained on my best horse in many dayes (more than a week I think), because I feel it's to expensive to train more on that horse (on both us and skn)
    At the moment I'm working with breeding and training some lower level horses, for making a horse to breed with my best horses.
    But it takes long time (and many horseshoes) to breed and train a horse up to level 70, so my opponents may have to wait for get a better fight from me, until I can continue the breeding with the best horses I have just now. :)

Since I'm at the moment not train more on my best horses, I feel it's logic I'm stucked at the same ranking niveau, when other players who are training on their best horses, pass me when their horses being in higher levels than mine. :)
    - But I sometime feel it's a little bad, when I on the us server only get stronger horses (most diamond horses) to challenge as long I'm only in the bottom of platinium 2 league.
  • BestEmmieBestEmmie Posts: 1
    edited 16.03.2015
    I think nothing but breed.
    you have 2 horses and then you jib 500 horseshoes and then you lose them bijde and get your little one good horse imputed.
    I hate just very much there.
    edited 16.03.2015
    I also thought that might be the reason why I was stuck and so I started training my expensive best horse again - but it didn't help me win more. I actually keep forgetting I'm playing against "real" players since winning/losing obviously isn't based on "real" strengths. I never usually say this but maybe you do need to (at least occasionally) buy gold for petrol in order for the underlying programme to let you win get ahead :(
    edited 17.03.2015
    Buy petrol for gold (on the us server) for to challenge against more diamond horses (where I have very low chance to win) as long I'm only are in platinium league?
    You may be making joke with me :) (and if GGS hope I'll for gold will buy gas for could challenge a few more horses which all are much stronger than my horse, they may think I'm totaly crazy :D )
  • LCCGamer (US1)LCCGamer (US1) US1 Posts: 27
    edited 17.03.2015
    I do not think I have seen this mentioned before...Level 4 of the deco tower has a golden stallion statue that is for the tournament winner. 4x4 60 happiness
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 17.03.2015
    LCCGamer wrote: »
    I do not think I have seen this mentioned before...Level 4 of the deco tower has a golden stallion statue that is for the tournament winner. 4x4 60 happiness

Actually, the golden stallion is rewarded to anyone that ends the season in the diamond league :)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.03.2015
    Anyone know what time tomorrow the season ends?..... Is it the same time it started (which I think was about midday CET) or is it when the hourly fuel boosters expire (which is about this time tomorrow) or have we been told some other time? :S
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 19.03.2015
    Anyone know what time tomorrow the season ends?..... Is it the same time it started (which I think was about midday CET) or is it when the hourly fuel boosters expire (which is about this time tomorrow) or have we been told some other time? :S

Good question. I've been assuming that when we got to less than a day, the timer would start displaying hours and minutes, but it's just a guess on my part. I haven't heard any official notice about the time the season will end.

I've also been wondering how long the "down" time would be before the next season starts. Does anyone know?
  • FilipeczekFilipeczek Posts: 275
    edited 20.03.2015
    It says 22 hours from now, so it ends tomorrow around midday.
    edited 20.03.2015
    Just now, it here says 16:38 hours back for both the skn server and the us server.
    So it seems like the PVP challenge end on all servers at the same time on all servers.
  • princess autumnprincess autumn Posts: 13
    edited 21.03.2015
    may I join to love you
    princess autumn
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 21.03.2015
    well...who told me to set my horse for training....i did not see the time...^^
    edited 21.03.2015
    2 minutes til I gets my Golden Stallion...woohoo!! Spongebob_zpsba2a8721.gif
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 21.03.2015
    Last race of the season in books... kind of sad. But also kind of happy to finally get the end of season rewards!

-Y
    edited 21.03.2015
    Here is what you get for 3rd place in Diamond league (in addition to the season prizes)

3rd%20Place%20Prizes_zpspr86cw8i.png

I guess 1st or 2nd place get a title too....WTG Tracey & Geezers!!! 24_zpsrquk0gyh.gif

I think my trophy should be WAY bigger after all that work lol

Trophy_zpso2to1vct.png
Sign In to comment.