Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - March 31 - The Gourmet Farm Rework - Discussion

Comments

• ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 31.03.2014
    Ok, I did not read all 31 pages of this. Just noticed that upgrading the bakery seems to do nothing.

Unless I missed something, profits don't change. Amount of time needed does not go down.
    WHY bother upgrading it at all? For the graphic?

I must have missed something somewhere. Still exploring all the stuff. (I miss my ice cream.)
  • jewelzgirljewelzgirl Posts: 66
    edited 31.03.2014
    not happy about the change at all i just joined three weeks ago ...worked very hard to build my farm and even spent long hours doing so .....now all has changed no longer can i upgrade some stuff I could before no longer do i have access to the gormet farm where as i had before no longer am i getting good produce or even benefiting form this in any way in fact they have made it so that i would most likely fail on the farm im very unhappy that they took thing i worked hard for or worked hard to reach away from me without any consideration to that ....in fact i use to spend alot money on gamesi played in past but stopped n quit most games for this very reason ..lack of consideration of the client all these games are too money driven with no appreciation for the customer n their work in the game ...i have a feeling ill be quitting very soon ...i left other games for this same type of change update n losing my hard earned time
    n efforts like it means nothing at all so idk i think im going to quit if they dont fix it to wherei had all the same as before
    i understand this game is a business to make money but what u fail to remember is that clients should be treated with respect and consideration n this really isnt considering all the time they put into the game to reach upgrades before ...instead u showed a lack of respect n consideration for our previous efforts ...hope a staff member replies n address my concerns as well as return my gormet farm to me along with the moneyi loss on the production n so on....I was happy to see bigfamr seemed different than the other companies that lacked respect hoping they prove me wrong if not then im out of this game
  • Prince Krishna2Prince Krishna2 Posts: 228
    edited 31.03.2014
    jatoda wrote: »
    what's up with that? I could have demolished my buildings myself and got this price? when will we get the rest of our money?
    All4Fun wrote: »
    It happened to me as well. I had one task worth 700 EXP, and several at 300 EXP reward. Now my highest experience reward is two tasks which give me 200 EXP and the rest around 25-75 EXP on my main farm. Thanks for widening the gap between those at lower and higher levels, now it's even harder to go up in rank or level up.

After reading about the lack of profit in gourmet farm and now this, I officially dislike this update. The only good thing about it is that the buildings are a smaller size on gourmet farm.

i have seen the exp for gourmet farm quests are been increased
    i think you they are balancing it but what about players who was having the advantage and ranked up ?
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 31.03.2014
    has anyone noticed that the amount they gave us in dollars doesn't even come close to compensating us for the amount of new items and building that we have to place on this new updated gourmet farm? they gave me about $1,700,000 and the cost to add everything including the upgrades that I have calculated so far is $2,640,000 also the time that must now b invested to add all of the new buildings. this is unfair for those of us that have spent far more money on the gourmet farm then the amount they gave us.
  • Foxenas (US1)Foxenas (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 31.03.2014
    Congratulation to GG!!! After happiness "upgrade" I thought that things can't get much worse, but you surprised me again. New LOW! You guys work hard for sure.
    edited 31.03.2014
    AS NOTHING ....BECAUSE THATS WHAT THIS UPGRADE DONE FOR ME :(... i LOST MY GOURMET FARM , I LOST THE PRODUCE i HAD ON IT , I SPENT WASTELESS MONEY PUTTING THINGS ON IT SUCH AS HAPPINESS AND WHAT ONCE WAS CONSIDERED MY HARD EARNED RIGHT TO HAVE THAT FAMR FORM VARIOUS TASKS COMPLETED NOW TELLS ME THAT ALL THE PREVIOUS WORK I DONE TO REACH IT MEANS NOTHING BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO BUY A BAKERY N WAIT IT GETS BETTER :( NOW I DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE IT UNTIL IM LEVEL 31 WHICH MEANS WHAT I ONCE WORKED FOR TO GET ..IS SAYING I CANT HAVE IT UNLESS I WORK ALL OVER AGAIN EVEN THOUGH I EARNED IT IN PAST...SO BASICALLY U DIDNT CARE THAT I EARNED IT THROUGH HARD WORK A WEEK AGO U JUST DECIDED TO REMOVE ALL OF IT FROM ME AND SAY TOUGH LUCK WORK FOR IT ALL OVER AGAIN .. IT LIKES YOU SAYING TO CUSTOMER IF U WERE A CLOTHING STORE OWNER ...BUY THIS SHIRT FOR 20. 00 DOLLARS N THEN U TAKE BACK THE SHIRT AND TELL ME IF i WANT TO WEAR IT i HAVE TO PAY FOR IT A 2ND TIME ...BASCIALLY U JUS TOLD ME ALL MY PAST EFFORTS MEAN NOTHING DOESNT MATTER WHAT I EARNED IN PAST NOW IF I WANT IT AGAIN I HAVE TO WORK FOR IT AL OVER AGAIN AS IF MY EARNIGN IT BEFORE WAS NOTHING :(.....iM SORRY BUT I DONT THINK YOU AS A GAME HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE AWAY WHAT PPL ALREADY EARNED ...YES I CAN SEE UPGRADES BUTIT THEY OWNED A GOURMET SHOP THEY SHOULD STILL HAVE IT NOT HAVE TO EARN LEVELS TO GET IT BACK THATS SO WRONG ON YOUR PART
  • Dame Judy DenchDame Judy Dench Posts: 1
    edited 31.03.2014
    Last night I was in the middle of an update on my main farm that was supposed to give me 380 XP, and when it finished this morning, I only received 50 XP. Very disappointed in the downgrades in XP on the quests for the Main Farm, especially without any previous notice that this would happen. Quests that were already in progress should have remained at the same level.
  • tom24852tom24852 Posts: 50
    edited 31.03.2014
    It would be nice if someone from GGS came on and made an apology to all the players for making such a big mess of this whole update....if the bakery doesn't make a profit in its present format isn't that going against GGS's principle of how a farm should be run properly.....
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 31.03.2014
    GGS office is closed as of 2 hours ago. Probably an official person will come back in tomorrow at 9 GMT+1 when the office opens again :) So right now I do not expect any GGS official to reply for tonight.
    edited 31.03.2014
    DEAR LATTEN I WOULD LIKE AND HONEST REPLY TO THIS TY
    since i use to have the gourmet farm n made a small profit off it after completing a series of earning the right for gourmet why is it that i lost my production with no compensation , why did i lose my produce with no compensation and why after having earn alot of things - why now is it that i no longer have the option to upgrade my cow farm have the right to start my bakery why now doi have to be a level 31 where as i earned the right to the gourmet famr before hand . tell me why my rights or rather my earned items are no longer considered what i earned why is all my hard work just shoved down the toilet with no appreciation for my time or effort and tell me why i should keep playing agame that has no respect for me as a customer because if they had they would never have done this or taken away what i already earned...

I should say also that i would like an answer on several things like the fact i was at a level where i could upgrade my cow barn and a few other things now cant , had a bakery now dont , had a production that would have given me money this morning n now dont ...so what im saying is will they give me the money off my prodcution of cherry juice will they allow me to have the bakery at level 28 since i owned it previously ....if they return all those option then I will stay ....if not then i will quit and stop wasting my time to agame that dont hold up the honor between a customer n its game

so what im asking is are you gonna return all that i have already earned or do i just quit this game ? if i do not get the things i already earned a right to do back then I would that honest answer so i can make my choice to quit then based on a games lack of respect for me and my hard earn time and effort put in to to achieve those options previously

i would also just like to state this to give you an idea of how typical this is in the gaming industry where they want a customer money and loyalty to their game but never have respect for clients and what they want .....I played 18 games besides big farm one game game name removed - Kat Nip I spent a good 10 000 dollars a yr in or more and because they chose to do upgrades that caused problems like this or taken things away from me after the upgrade i got fed up with that lack of consideration n respect for me as a customer soi left those games .....like it or not this gaming industry does nto respect customers if they did they leave what ppl earned already alone and they cant tell me that they cant achieve this they can ..it may take alot work but thats what business is suppose to be about making money through supplying the customer needs and so far you have not met mine ..once again i joined agame that seems to show no respect for what i earned od what i pay for simply because they want more dollars quickly rather then find a solution that pleases both the game owners and the clients ...tell me why cant they leave us have what we already earned alone and why cant they jus give use new options that will allow them to make their money , rather than taking away our past earned stuff why not give us a button to choose if we want the old farm or to upgrade it to the new whenever we wish to choose to do so ..i think if ppl have the right to still keep the old gourmet farm make money off it until they were at the new level n have all their previously owned items houses happiness etc transferred over then i would say your being fair and considerate ...n for those who had the famr before should still have it now not be told they need to be level 31 now
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 31.03.2014
    To Nafaru

1. Why should we use the composter/silo on the gourmet farm? We can also use it from the main farm right? So what's the profit in that?

2. My coop was trying to do the cherry juice research. We didn't start the research yet, because we didn't have enough members yet. But now this research is gone and we are not transferred in another research.
    What happened to the money and gold we invested to join the research??

1) The composter/silo are additional to the regular ones, and both have different times/outcomes - so depending if you want to wait longer for more result or keep a tight schedule, you can feel free to use the one you want :)

2) The gold you spent for the researchers should be back at your cooperative bank, if I remember correctly. If it isn't, I'll check tomorrow when I'm back at the office :)
    CateM wrote: »
    After reading here, I checked; it seems many main farm quests have had XP reduced in the vicinity of 80%. E.g., I had at least one task with a 480XP reward that is now 60XP.

I'll check this tomorrow :( I know though that some quests' reward has been transferred to quests from the Gourmet farm, since a lot of the main farm quests can now be shared, GF quests are new and more, and the balance of the game had to stay as a whole, so I think that's what might have happened here.

and I doubt abt the forum upgrade ,April Fool prank ? :O

Nope :) Actual forum update of the software we're using, which allows many new features in the forums in the future. We're actually pretty excited for it :)
    tom24852 wrote: »
    It would be nice if someone from GGS came on and made an apology to all the players for making such a big mess of this whole update....if the bakery doesn't make a profit in its present format isn't that going against GGS's principle of how a farm should be run properly.....

The bakery should make a lot of profit in the end, after being upgraded and after some researches are appled - more on that tomorrow, as Steffi already said.
    jewelzgirl wrote: »
    DEAR LATTEN I WOULD LIKE AND HONEST REPLY TO THIS TY
    since i use to have the gourmet farm n made a small profit off it after completing a series of earning the right for gourmet why is it that i lost my production with no compensation , why did i lose my produce with no compensation and why after having earn alot of things - why now is it that i no longer have the option to upgrade my cow farm have the right to start my bakery why now doi have to be a level 31 where as i earned the right to the gourmet famr before hand . tell me why my rights or rather my earned items are no longer considered what i earned why is all my hard work just shoved down the toilet with no appreciation for my time or effort and tell me why i should keep playing agame that has no respect for me as a customer because if they had they would never have done this or taken away what i already earned...

Hmm, I'm not sure if I miss something here. All $ you spent for building and upgrading your buildings has been recredited to your account. All work you put into the farm was credited to your XP and budget when used, and we didn't touch any of both. All research you did is still done, only moved to the new researches, and the gold you stored in researchers during the update has also been recredited.

We did remove a lot of buildings (which, as I said, had their complete value including upgrades credited back to your account) and we added a 50% construction bonus for a week to make up for the actual time you spent to build your old Gourmet Farm. And all XP you got (and levels you made) from previous tasks that are no longer in the game are also still on your account.

I'm home right now, guys - just wanted to check in :) Tomorrow me and Steffi will be back and hopefully able to answer a lot more questions. We are aware this update raises a lot of them, but we really tried to make the switch to the new farm as convenient as possible for all veterans.

So, until then, have a great day (or night) and I'll see you guys tomorrow :)
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 31.03.2014
    Before you go to sleep, two things

1)Can we have some details tomorrow as to what is being added to the forum update? Thank you :D
    2)Don't forget to lock your door :D:D
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 31.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    The bakery should make a lot of profit in the end, after being upgraded and after some researches are appled - more on that tomorrow, as Steffi already said.

So, just to be clear (for when you and Naf read this tomorrow), what would be the motivation for someone who is not in a high-leveled co-op to produce goods at the bakery for a loss?
  • oliengleroliengler Posts: 2
    edited 31.03.2014
    Why at the moment the products from the gourmet bakery, when sold, give you less dollars than if you sold the ingredients individually? :(
    Loving the update making the farm feel like the main one again now :)
  • elyssandaelyssanda Posts: 3
    edited 31.03.2014
    I have run all of the numbers for baked goods in the new Bakery. Final return versus return on selling raw ingredients. Apple Pie, Almond Muffins and Apple Turnovers all have a serious NET LOSS return. Fruitcake with Cream seems to be the ONLY one that you can actually make money on. WHY?
    It is against any type of business sense to make any product where the finished product is worth less than the raw ingredients.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 31.03.2014
    I did read all 32 pages, and dread tomorrow's forum update will just shackle us for good.

Every update has been for the worse, and the outrage in the forums has been so great lately that the only change is bound to be against us.

It's a fact that during the day, Latten hinted GG would adjust the prices and profits of the bakery.

At the end of the day, he just promised/threatened a graph explaining to us why we are just not doing it right - and people will be grateful.

Just as with the Unhappiness Achieved, except this time it looked like GG would see sense, because there really was no incentive left to spend hours of clicks on less than nothing.

tl;dr:

screensave any comments from CMs et al which you might want as proof. If you even care anymore.
  • kml1234kml1234 Posts: 2
    edited 31.03.2014
    What a huge disappointment. There's no need to keep goats when you have cows to make milk. There's no need to have ducks when you have chicken to make eggs. There's no nees for shiloh or composter when you already have one on the main farm. The point of having donkeys = ?. The bakery makes no profit. Takes ages to build things over and you make no money during building things. This is not good at all.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 31.03.2014
    Bakery is a big negative right now but the goats and ducks I like - as a member of a co-op my main farm is maxed as much as I can and keep the happiness at a good level so more eggs and milk is much appreciated. Also at level one on the goats you get 45 milk in less than a hour instead of waiting seven hours for a harvest so it is going to free up time when I am this close to the end of a task and still need 30 milk after harvesting the main farm. I like the options that this is going to give me on when I can harvest fertilizer/humus and the varying amount of time differences for eggs and milk. And any surplus items are easily sold.
  • borana albania (INT1)borana albania (INT1) Posts: 1,945
    edited 31.03.2014
    Does the milk and eggs collected at the gourmet serve for missions ?
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 31.03.2014
    yes . . . they are the same eggs and milk and can be used for mission, tasks, and projects
  • Runnerkim (GB1)Runnerkim (GB1) Posts: 93
    edited 31.03.2014
    To increase the value of apples turnovers level 1 you need 42 researchers. What are small coops supposed to do, as far as I know there are only 4 coops on the UK server with that many members everyone else would have to use gold at 700 (even with 10 membrs you would need 22400 gold) per researcher if they ever wanted to start making a profit (I think another level would be needed to go into profit) and the start up costs for the research are 100,000,000 dollars impossible for small coops.

I said with the happiness mess I didn't think GGS could do the maths and I'm sticking with that.

Just checked WWW server only 5 coops with enough members, what about other servers?
  • Bambi73Bambi73 Posts: 26
    edited 31.03.2014
    ...Also at level one on the goats you get 45 milk in less than a hour instead of waiting seven hours for a harvest so it is going to free up time when I am this close to the end of a task and still need 30 milk after harvesting the main farm. I like the options that this is going to give me on when I can harvest fertilizer/humus and the varying amount of time differences for eggs and milk...

Aside from the bakery issue (tbd) I like the concept as well. Much more flexibility, especially when doing time-sensitive projects and events. I miss the complexity of the old gf though, the second-tier processing like milk into cream and especially, marzipan which made for more of a challenge to keep all systems going and producing top profit with best use of time.

In the long run, this will serve ggs well. It slowed down growth, so it'll take longer to level-up (at least I think when looking at XP and land prices) and buy them more time to tackle the big conundrum: how to keep level 100+ from getting bored.
  • Babygirl_SpiritBabygirl_Spirit Posts: 18
    edited 31.03.2014
    They should have had the donkeys give donkey milk, they could have used that on the flowerfarm to make a special bath creme or something like that.
  • moriatika (GB1)moriatika (GB1) Posts: 38
    edited 31.03.2014
    its so unfair that every thing has been removed and have to start again sooooooooooooooooo unjust.
  • SASCO2SASCO2 Posts: 3
    edited 31.03.2014
    why 2 silos? - 1 on main farm and 1 on gourmet farm making the same fertilizer from the same dung? may as well demolish 1 completely?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 31.03.2014
    Runnerkim2 wrote: »
    To increase the value of apples turnovers level 1 you need 42 researchers. What are small coops supposed to do, as far as I know there are only 4 coops on the UK server with that many members everyone else would have to use gold at 700 (even with 10 membrs you would need 22400 gold) per researcher if they ever wanted to start making a profit (I think another level would be needed to go into profit) and the start up costs for the research are 100,000,000 dollars impossible for small coops.

I said with the happiness mess I didn't think GGS could do the maths and I'm sticking with that.

Just checked WWW server only 5 coops with enough members, what about other servers?

They did the maths; they just calculate on most players NOT checking it.
  • UmazanUmazan Posts: 3
    edited 31.03.2014
    OK my calculations are based on lvl 5 bakery. Doing partial math since i dont have all the data avaliable for FRUIT CACKE you get 400 cackes per rotation that give you 248.000 dollars it sounds nice, doesn't it? But heres the trick

you need 1440 milk which seels at 33 dollars (47,520 dollars worth)
    you need 540 peaches which sells at 100 dollars (54,000 dollars worth)
    you need 630 cherries which sells 180 dollars (113,400 dollars worth)

all material together 214,920 dollars if sold so difference is 33,080 dollars

not decreased by costs of starting production of cackes, milk, cow food, wheat, fertilizer, peaches and cherries. So i will assume that even lvl 5 bakery is not profitable, not to think about amortization of investment. Someone really didnt do the math or it skipped economy classes alltogether.

And heres another thing, you deducted our building time on half, sounds nice, but did you take into consideration that we waited that our building were build once allready and you deleted them? You should set building time on 10s for every building on so called gourmet farm for a week.

What happened with our gold invested on gourmet farm? Thankfully i didnt spent much but now and then i speedup built time for buildings, that was not returned to our accounts or was it?
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 31.03.2014
    dear latten,

what is the deal with the astrinomical amount of goods needed to make such small amount of output. in real life if a bakery had this much loss they would b out of business within a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also y can we not transfer out items from the bakery??????????

I understand the reformating the sizes of the buildings on the gourmet farm but it didn't need to b completely reworked. the restaurant should have stayed just a bit smaller along with the original bakery and dairy, but the garden and the almond orchard were a really smart rework. there is now no current way for those at the lower levels to make any money what so ever on the gourmet farm. in addition, if it is a gourmet farm then the duck eggs and goat milk should not b added with the other milk and eggs cause then that means that the goat milk and duck eggs are being sold for less then what they should b, cause the r worth more hence the "GOURMET" part of the gourmet farm. u r making the different animal production meaningless cause they r no longer valued at gourmet prices.
  • Mitsumi2Mitsumi2 Posts: 132
    edited 31.03.2014
    *claps* Good job GGS! Here I thought you were just going to blow it, but this is great! You're earning my love again! ^^
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 31.03.2014
    moriatika wrote: »
    its so unfair that every thing has been removed and have to start again sooooooooooooooooo unjust.

Really? unfair? unjust? This is a game that is FREE if you want it to be. All I see in this thread is a bunch of whining, complaining and crying about a game, that's right a game. This isn't your job, your livelihood doesn't depend on it.

However this is someone's job and their livelihood does depend on players spending money on it, so are you really surprised they re-gear the game to more benefit those who pay? You shouldn't be unless this is your first day on the internet.

Seriously we all need to get over ourselves and try to just play the GAME.
Sign In to comment.