Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 19 - Eggs Files | Discussion

Comments

• Prudence5Prudence5 Posts: 10
    edited 17.11.2013
    Using the word rape for a seed is inappropriate

so what? that doesnt make it appropriate it is a filtered word on your server!

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 18.11.2013
    Sir George: Very pretty crop circles! And I like your previous comment - "what is going on in here?" Prudence5 - whether you and others think that it is inappropriately named or not - that is the actual name of the seed. Seems to me someone posted a link to Wikipedia's entry - look it up for yourself.
  • Tony444Tony444 Posts: 54
    edited 18.11.2013
    if they do make level 6 and 7 for the windmill what about level 5??
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 18.11.2013
    Just change to name to Canola, so we can find out more about the updates, I sorry but there must be millions of words that if dissected, someone will find offensive.
  • randy60 (US1)randy60 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 18.11.2013
    canola is made from rapeseed so don't know if that would be ok with them?
    edited 18.11.2013
    I haven't heard of rapeseed being grown in Australia since I was a kid, the name has long stopped being used & has been replaced with Canola, it's one of the prettiest sights you'll ever see, a paddock (field) of Canola a paddock of wheat & a paddock of Patterson's curse (purple weed).
    Yellow, green & purple that go's for miles & miles
  • Ericawalter54PlEricawalter54Pl Posts: 1
    edited 18.11.2013
    spamspamspamspam.gif

Edit by FarmerTess: spamming
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 18.11.2013
    Samty wrote: »
    [Prime Day: Production and Construction time reduction]
    Does that mean forever? In perpetuity?

I can't imagine that it would be, any more than the current XP bonuses last forever. My expectation is that each offer will specify how long it takes effect.
    jules314 wrote: »
    I've upgraded many buildings to the level just before the architect is needed and think that adding XP to these upgrades is a great idea.

You already do get XP for upgrading buildings; just check their info and see how much.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 18.11.2013
    montuos wrote: »
    I can't imagine that it would be, any more than the current XP bonuses last forever. My expectation is that each offer will specify how long it takes effect.

You already do get XP for upgrading buildings; just check their info and see how much.

Absolutely you get a tiny, measly amount of XP for upgrading anything. Say 15 XP to take my level 4 gate to level 5. Or the 20 XP to go from a level 5 chicken coop to level 6. This isn't the XP I am referring to in my post. I am suggesting something else, and others have mentioned it as well. In the past, before these level 6 and 7 animal stables upgrades (or orchards, production facilities, etc.), you would have a main farm task that would give you a wonderfully substantial amount of XP towards the value of 300-400 XP if you completed it. That's what I think we should be offered. That would help me level up faster. I need that level 3 mixing plant.

Post edited ... thanks Montuos for your response :)
  • KatiePieKatiePie Posts: 144
    edited 18.11.2013
    Can't wait- want to try and get a crop circles
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 18.11.2013
    Hey guys, regarding the rapeseed name: We will go with "rapa seed" :) We weren't too happy with the original name as well, even if it's the actual name of the plant. There's absolutely no connotation with the german name, so our design team simply wasn't aware of it's english name, which indeed might be a questionable one. Also, our chat filter probably won't be too happy about it >_>

So yeah, rapa seed it is! Will change it in the OP immediately, if the old name is still in there.
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 18.11.2013
    Latten wrote: »
    Also, our chat filter probably won't be too happy about it >_>

The chat filter was fine with it.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 18.11.2013
    Since those questions don't seem to have been officially answered yet...
    (I might be suffering from the monday-morning-blindness, though....)
    Okay my question again :))

Will there be any effect on production/construction times on other farms too (Gourmet and Flower) during "New Prime Day" or is it just Main farm?

:D

As with other Prime Day bonuses, this will work on all farms. 8)
    Samty wrote: »
    Could I repeat my question again too, please? :D

Does that mean forever? In perpetuity?

Nope, this bonus will last for 24 hours and then it will be gone again.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 18.11.2013
    Thank you :) Nafaru
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 18.11.2013
    In the past, before these level 6 and 7 animal stables upgrades (or orchards, production facilities, etc.), you would have a main farm task that would give you a wonderfully substantial amount of XP towards the value of 300-400 XP if you completed it. That's what I think we should be offered.

Ah; sorry to have missed your point. It was not clear to me that you wanted tasks added when what you said was that you wanted XP added.
    I'm sorry, I'm sure you are trying to be helpful but I've noticed that you often quote my posts.

There is nothing personal in that; it's simply a matter of keeping replies in context. Once there are other posts, or worse yet, another page, between a post and a reply to it, you simply can't keep them together on your screen; also, when people don't quote it's also not always obvious which post (or what point selected out of a wall of text) is being replied to. I dislike scrolling back and forth repeatedly, and it annoys me when people force me to do so unnecessarily, and I find it maddening when I can't figure out what post is being replied to, so I usually try to make it obvious who and what I'm replying to when I post, and quoting is often the simplest way.
    I'm new to posting in these forums and there is a pattern. Here is the pattern I am noticing. I post something, you quote my post and write something that isn't terribly constructive or supportive. You want to correct or state something obvious. As if what I had written was unnecessary to post and has taken up space in the forum thread. ... That isn't terribly helpful, and doesn't make me feel that confident to continue posting in the future.

If that is the impression I have given you, all I can do is apologize; that is not at all my intent. I hope you will continue sharing your thoughts, and since you have pointed out that I am not reading what you mean, I will try to make more certain I understand you completely before I reply to any of your posts in future.
    Please reference my post about "Forum LTE" and take note that you quoted me, and then said I should start paying attention to the forum posts. I had written in my post that I plan to take note of the forum with greater attention.

The closest I can see in that post to those words are "I did a lot of looking around on the forum and it seems we should be looking for anything that is new that has "Forum LTE" in the title", which doesn't mean exactly the same thing. Once again we have misunderstood each other; my intent was primarily to link you to the specific places it would be best to watch, since it seemed that your intent was to search the entire forum, and also to tell you a little about the Official Announcements, since you obviously hadn't known anything about them before.
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 18.11.2013
    Thanks Nafaru :D
  • OGG (GB1)OGG (GB1) Posts: 66
    edited 18.11.2013
    Its proper name is called "oil seed"
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 18.11.2013
    Hey guys, regarding the rapeseed name: We will go with "rapa seed" :) We weren't too happy with the original name as well, even if it's the actual name of the plant. There's absolutely no connotation with the german name, so our design team simply wasn't aware of it's english name, which indeed might be a questionable one. Also, our chat filter probably won't be too happy about it >_>

So yeah, rapa seed it is! Will change it in the OP immediately, if the old name is still in there.

Thank you! Much better!
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 18.11.2013
    @ Montuos: Thank you for understanding. Good luck with the UFO event when it shows up!
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 19.11.2013
    Charity drive just started....
    I take it that means the egg files event was postponed?
    edited 19.11.2013
    connerk2 wrote: »
    I can't see the Charity drive getting in the way of the event, but you never Know, they run the birthday flag with the Aloha event, maybe they'll give us a bit of time to do a few updates 1st, I can't wait to do my windmill.
    With all the latest updates we need more visits from The Architect.
    Happy Farming
    George
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 19.11.2013

Thank you so much Latten, I am very happy with this!
  • cb11000 (US1)cb11000 (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 19.11.2013
    I agree with you about the corn. Wish they would have it so that you could allow larger quantity of corn and smaller for wheat without using the nursery
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 19.11.2013
    connerk2 wrote: »

No, It's not Postponed. According to anouncement, The U.F.O Event is coming today between 9:00 AM CET and 10:00 AM CET. :)
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 19.11.2013
    No, It's not Postponed. According to aanouncement, The U.F.O Event is coming today between 9:00 AM CET and 10:00 AM CET. :)

The Update is going live in (hopefully) the next half hour :) That doesn't mean the event is going to start at the same time!
    It probably will start today though, yes :)
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 19.11.2013
    Wooooooo!! Bring it on. I've got my tinfoil hat all ready to go. :D

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • MDF8MDF8 Posts: 13
    edited 19.11.2013
    Excited about the new event but a couple of issues in the meantime...

When I logged in again after the update the news item says homescreen_teaser_25_title on the left and homescreen_teaser_25_preview on the right instead of the normal text.

Also although I'm glad about the upgrades it's sad to see the fields and mill look like they've gone back stages. In future could the new looks make the higher levels better rather than the existing levels worse?
    edited 19.11.2013
    MDF, can you clear out your browser cache and your Flash cache to see if that helps please.

I agree with you with the fields and the mill, but I'm really excited to have more to upgrade now too. :)

• MDF8MDF8 Posts: 13
    edited 19.11.2013
    That did it - thanks Kat.
    edited 19.11.2013
    That's great to hear! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Sign In to comment.