Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hint of Hawaii Event

Comments

• Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 01.11.2013
    Yes....Today I observed the drop rate from my orchards. I got 25 flowers instead of 8 and From chicken coop I got 2. I didn't got 5 yet.
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 01.11.2013
    DixieDeb2 wrote: »
    I happen to have a few sunflower seeds, but have seen nothing on sunflower yield. Has anyone tried sunflowers? If so, was there a yield on either seashells or flowers? I'm just about done with seashells, so I won't be trying them for that task. If no one else has tried them, I will try them for the flower task & report the results.
    I haven't tried Sunflowers, but I was going to try Rice. However, I accessed my Special seeds inventory, and Rice isn't listed there, though I know I have some in inventory. There's only room for 4 seeds per each tab, and no ability to page to another seed page, but I now have 5 special seeds in inventory: Rice, Roses, Sunflowers, Magic Beans, and now, Yellow Hibiscus.

I have reported this as a bug/loss via the Contact link. If I do not 'use up' one of the other types of seeds, I will never be able to access my Rice seeds again, if it remains as it is. Pretty serious bug.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 01.11.2013
    Is there anyway to undo something if you accidentally use gold to speed up a task. My mouse sometimes does that when I am trying to select the object next to it. It is infuriating because it will take me weeks to reclaim it.
  • neriux777neriux777 Posts: 161
    edited 01.11.2013
    It's not hawaii question, and no you can't reclaim your used gold, or dollars.
    edited 01.11.2013
    I'm sorry gavinfarms, but you can't get back your gold. Once you had skipped something ,or used up your gold then you can't get back those gold.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 01.11.2013
    5th Task
    Back in Fairy tales I for it real handy to clear a 10x10 space in 1 corner to put a spare orchard. I added 2 wagons to put in with to offset a loss in happiness. With only 1 stage 5 cherry orchard, I'm 10 sherries short after 2 harvests, so a extra cherry Orchard helps.
    This can be bulldozed & replaced with an animal shed or field as needed,
    I've found you'll need 10 extra workers if you want a field. Apple Orchard needs 4, Cherry 6.
    If you work on it, 12 spare workers is Ideal, 2 stage coops needs 12 workers (best way to get dung)
    Don't upgrade them as you'll only need them briefly, coops can be stage 2, it's about how quickly you can demolish it.
    I've found a Apple Orchard as best default when not doing an event or Co-Op project.
    I hope the might help a bit. Happy Farming.
    George
  • SanjayTheGreat3SanjayTheGreat3 Posts: 181
    edited 01.11.2013
    george38 wrote: »
    5th Task
    Back in Fairy tales I for it real handy to clear a 10x10 space in 1 corner to put a spare orchard. I added 2 wagons to put in with to offset a loss in happiness. With only 1 stage 5 cherry orchard, I'm 10 sherries short after 2 harvests, so a extra cherry Orchard helps.
    This can be bulldozed & replaced with an animal shed or field as needed,
    I've found you'll need 10 extra workers if you want a field. Apple Orchard needs 4, Cherry 6.
    If you work on it, 12 spare workers is Ideal, 2 stage coops needs 12 workers (best way to get dung)
    Don't upgrade them as you'll only need them briefly, coops can be stage 2, it's about how quickly you can demolish it.
    I've found a Apple Orchard as best default when not doing an event or Co-Op project.
    I hope the might help a bit. Happy Farming.
    George
    Thanks george38, for those tips.
    I too sometimes build extra buildings/fields during events as it makes it easier to complete the task well in time with 1 or 2 (sometimes 3) days left.
    (At the moment i'm on task 6 and more than half way through with it.)

---A correction to your post---
    The cherry orchard needs 4 workers same as the apple orchard.

I would also like to take the time to thank everyone for the helping us in making this spreadsheet :love:

We have just about completed the spreadsheet (just need the details for tasks below level 27). I hope the tips for each task help you all in completing this event easily.

Goodluck and Happy Farming!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 01.11.2013
    that is what i thought, but it is horribly unfair, since i don't buy gold, but earn mine. it is enough to make me consider quitting this game. to work very, very hard and then be literally set back by months simply due to mouse sensitivity, all seems horribly unfair. the makers of the game should be ashamed that that can happen to such a loyal consumer of their product.
    edited 01.11.2013
    Hopefully, spreadsheets are completed Now.. :)

Good Luck with your Event. ^^
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 01.11.2013
    45 flowers from cherries, 7 from special wheat
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 01.11.2013
    I am running a bit low on fert, but I will be starting the last task in a few hours--I will just hold the apples til then.
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 01.11.2013
    I have one gripe about the Aloha event....

The stage 4 is collect seashells, and is done by orchards and fields, the stage 5 is harvest from orchards... having 2 back to back tasks where orchards are the main focus is tough. I should have saved all my fertilizer from the last 2 days so I wouldn't be waiting to mill it.

Angie the drop rate from the orchards is, in common with all the other events, really poor at less than 5 per hour (see link in my sig.). The way I've played it was, even before I knew the drop rate I could see that the collect apples & cherries was going to take a long time so calculated the amount of fertiliser I required and opted not to harvest my orchards to find seashells. Only once I was certain I would have enough fertiliser for task 5 did I bring my orchards into production for task 4, but this was more to get leaves for humus than to get seashells.

I was planning for task 5 from about task 3 and built and sowed all the cherry orchards for immediate harvest, leaving only 2 batches of 3 apple harvests; 6 hours. To build the orchards meant that I had to remove a lot of decos and build a new house which has pushed my happiness up to ~250%.
    edited 01.11.2013
    oooh onto the final task now;) I think holding the apple harvest til the last cherries were ready was a good move ;)

~250% ouch been there done that ;( event will be over soon!
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 01.11.2013
    Congrats Monica, the tiki is in your future :)
    edited 01.11.2013
    yep on the homestretch :)
    I just noticed that when the mouse is over the flower on the task bar with the counter--sometimes it changes color--blue, orange, fuschia ;) so pretty!

and this was from the pigfeed, full batch of 12 bags :)
  • SanjayTheGreat3SanjayTheGreat3 Posts: 181
    edited 01.11.2013
    Yes!!! Just completed the last task! ^^

WOW...
    I have finished the event with 3 days left!!!8o

(WITHOUT SPENDING ANY GOLD!!! ^^)
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 01.11.2013
    I just noticed that when the mouse is over the flower on the task bar with the counter--sometimes it changes color--blue, orange, fuschia ;) so pretty!

You've reminded me that the cranes did this as well, a nice touch !

Love the pictures of the flowers, nice artistry - I thought montuos's avatar was nice, I hadn't realised it was the flowers from the game. I do appreciate the high quality graphics in this game. :)
    edited 01.11.2013
    OOOh i never noticed on the cranes task! When will that one be starting? Can't wait now!

2 farms is tough to try getting both through these events--about half through the seashells and 40 more for the parade float for the birthday event on www1 ;( I will get through it though.
    edited 01.11.2013
    Congratulations Sanjay. Still 3 days are left and you had completed all the tasks.That's Amazing! :)
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 02.11.2013
    To me, this last task makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, who's the rocket scientist that decided the "possible" Flower Blossoms that you could get from various things? I mean, c'mon!

Chicken Coop : Takes 12min to complete and you possibly (but rarely) get 2 or 4 flowers from 2 coops.
    Pigs : Takes 1h 10min to complete and you possibly get ONLY 3? What the heck is wrong with GGS?

I could go on and on with other equally ridiculous examples on how this Flower Blossom thing is a complete RIP OFF! The only thing that delivers without fault is the Mill, and we all know that our production of food is limited by the capacity of our barns.

So it boils down to this: GGS fully knows that a LOT of people won't be able to complete the task in time and are betting on there MILKING MONEY MAKING COW which is to buy the task off with gold, which in turn assures them with a good income with gold purchases from us. In the real world, this is the definition of a scam. It's most frustrating when you realize this after going through all the steps which are not easy,only to end up with an almost impossible task to fulfill. Don't get me wrong now. I LOVE a good challenge and a hard one. But when you make it virtually impossible for a lot of players, it is only a cause for frustration.

Oh, and by the way... it's no wonder they reduced the amount required from 2500 to 1820. It's only to make it less obvious. For people that are lvl 32 and below, good luck guys! You'll need it for sure.

/end rant
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 02.11.2013
    McFeisty wrote: »
    I haven't tried Sunflowers, but I was going to try Rice. However, I accessed my Special seeds inventory, and Rice isn't listed there, though I know I have some in inventory. There's only room for 4 seeds per each tab, and no ability to page to another seed page, but I now have 5 special seeds in inventory: Rice, Roses, Sunflowers, Magic Beans, and now, Yellow Hibiscus.

I have reported this as a bug/loss via the Contact link. If I do not 'use up' one of the other types of seeds, I will never be able to access my Rice seeds again, if it remains as it is. Pretty serious bug.
    That will be corrected in next weeks update. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 02.11.2013
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    that is what i thought, but it is horribly unfair, since i don't buy gold, but earn mine. it is enough to make me consider quitting this game. to work very, very hard and then be literally set back by months simply due to mouse sensitivity, all seems horribly unfair. the makers of the game should be ashamed that that can happen to such a loyal consumer of their product.
    This has happened to me, too. It's not just a mouse sensitivity issue, you also need to train yourself to do things a little differently. Once you have clicked, don't just release immediately, pay attention to the dialog, it will tell you what you're clicking on, in the middle of the circle. If you've clicked down on something you do not want it to register, HOLD your mouse button and move your cursor away from the thing you do not want it to click. It should react like you're trying to reorient the farm position, and once your cursor is not on that spot anymore, you can release the mouse button. Pressing escape before releasing the mouse button may or may not work, as well, you can try that, too. But being more careful in this manner will lower your risks of this happening again.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 02.11.2013
    Hey guys, I've removed some posts because it was starting to get out of hand a bit. Please remember that this is just a game, and this forum caters to people of all types. Lets keep it friendly. :)

Instant Ocean, I'm a bit surprised that you feel so strongly about this. I've participated in every Theme Event that's been started since they were introduced and have completed every one of them, usually with days to spare. I've also had a lot of success with my smaller farm (which I don't run anymore) and have found that I got better drop rates and a higher chance of completing the Event faster on my au farm rather than my en farm.

I know the Events are things that you need to work at to achieve them, however with a deco worth more in happiness than gold brought decorations, that makes a lot of sense to me.

As for the capacity to produce feed in the mill being limited, it's easy enough to sell the excess. Personally, I'd rather not have to, because it's sold at a loss, however it's an option that you can take advantage of, as I'll be doing very soon - my chicken feed is about to hit it's limit. :)

Instant Ocean, it's a bit harsh in my opinion, for you to be referring to the Theme Events as a scam. People always have the option of finishing with the use of gold if they wish, but they also have the same option of forgoing it if they can't achieve it without the use of gold. Many players here will complete the Event - no gold used at all - with myself being one of them. That doesn't make for a scam.

Besides, someone wanting to use gold to complete part of all of the Event is nothing for them to be ashamed of. It is after all, the gold buyers that keep the game running as GGS has no other income coming in except from people purchasing the premium currencies such as gold and rubies.
    edited 02.11.2013
    Nice post KatNip.
    c'mon almost 3 full days left :)
  • DixieDeb (US1)DixieDeb (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 02.11.2013
    As promised, I tried my sunflower seeds last night and got a whopping big 45 flowers for them!! Definately worth the time as an overnite crop!! I would think that you would get a similar yield for shells, but I guess we'll have to wait for another trip the the islands to try it out!! ;)
    edited 02.11.2013
    OOOOh i forget about that whole page of seeds and it IS time for me to do my overnight crops! Thanks ;)
    edited 02.11.2013
    DixieDeb, Thanks for the concern :)
  • squidtail2squidtail2 Posts: 24
    edited 02.11.2013
    I read a spread sheat somewhere and found this:

Task 6 - Flower Blossoms "...if u are low on time than focus on the mill (preferably corn or pig feed)..."

Just wanted to say that according to my calcs it's not quite right. This is one of the (few event-)tasks where one can take it a bit easy (conc. only mill and fields), and go for wheat + cowfeed. Cabbage and Pigfeed are the "worst" things to do unless I've missed somethin' or calc. it wrong.

Flowers per hour only on mill:
    Flower - 0 , Corn - 29 , Cabbage - 26,7 , Wheat - 32,7

Acc. flowers per hour on fields + mill:
    Flower - 30 , Corn - 41 , Cabbage - 29,33 , Wheat - 35,72

So it should say; "...if u are low on time than focus on the mill (preferably corn or cow feed)..."
    If I've calc'ed somethin' wrong, I appologise and hope you'll coprrect me.

<Edit> Calc's are made with equal (or no) non-drops on all items.
    If one incl. the animals U get:
    Corn -> Chicken = 50,2 Fl/h , Cabbage -> Pig = 31,9 Fl/h , Wheat -> Cow = 37,15 Fl/h
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 02.11.2013
    Nice post KatNip.
    c'mon almost 3 full days left :)
    Yeah... with a farm level 89, I wouldn't be that concerned either. Kudos by the way, your farm is beautiful. On the other hand, this doesn't change my opinion. Players like myself who's level 32 or something do not have 8 apple orchards and 2 or 3 cherry orchards, etc... This gives you a pretty decent advantage over players of my level.

I have a chronic disease and cannot work so I play all day. Even with that, I've managed to gather so far only 800 something blossoms. Sure we still have 2 days to go and it is more than likely that I will get it. What I was trying to point out in my original post is that the mechanics of the challenge are somewhat illogical. I gave you the example of the chicken coop vs pigs which, I hope you will agree with me, doesn't make sense. One take 10min and gives you 2 vs the other that takes 1h 10min and only yields 3... and to top it off, it is not a guaranteed drop.

Believe me, I do not envy players that are at level 10 or 20. Must be almost impossible for them to get it.

PS: Where are you landed in the event and why, oh why haven't you bought that last piece of land on your farm yet?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 02.11.2013
    Well technically, I agree with you, Instant Ocean, that it is very difficult for lower level players. I have been 1 myself, 3 times, with my training farms. However, I now decided to quit developing them and not try on events there anymore. However, all other events I did, I did make it through, by saving fertilizers up front and building extra buildings. But that costs some extra strategy and a gut feeling as to when the event will be coming. Checking the spread sheets up front also helps to plan.

But if you are not a person to re-design your farm for every event, it is indeed difficult if not impossible to make it without the use of some or maybe much gold.

I know you asked your *PS question to *Monica, but I would like to answer it as well - I am a level 72 on the WWW server, have not bought the last 2 pieces of land yet because of the costs (one but last is 21M and the last I think is about 30M - I am close to buying the one but last piece now) and I am in the last task of the event with at this moment 637 flowers. Seems like you are even ahead of me at this point ;)

I do have to add - the events need a really high activity, so for the players that are less active than us, it may be even less possible to make it through :( Maybe GGS could anticipate on that and design something for the less active amongst us? Although... Then the more active will easily make it through and have even more decorations. I dunno - it is difficult. If anybody has an idea, feel free to post it in the suggestions, praise and criticism forum if you haven't yet ^^

(I want to apologize, made some massive mistakes in here :P i.e. PM was supposed to be PS and the person asked should be Monica, not Kat... *sigh* :P )
Sign In to comment.