Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hate the Ghosts!

2»

Comments

• mipie11mipie11 Posts: 130
    edited 01.11.2013
    It didn't mess up mine, so IDK.
  • justme1232justme1232 Posts: 157
    edited 01.11.2013
    nope and it doesn't effect the Hawaiian event counter either! ;)

My son was wondering if we had gotten an extra day by doing that. Hey he's a kid I can't blame him for asking. LOL No such blessing though!
  • ZaxynnZaxynn Posts: 132
    edited 01.11.2013
    Personally I would of rather seen an Autumn theme instead of a Halloween theme since there are many of us that don't celebrate Halloween.

I mean they absolutely won't do bacon in the restaurant when it seems many want something like that and all I can figure is it's because it's against some religions to eat pork. Doubtful then they would do something like making burgers in the restaurant since again in some places of the world cows are sacred.

IF an Autumn themes was done instead you could still have regular pumpkins and squashes and colored leaves and such.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 01.11.2013
    Australia doesn't (naturally) have deciduous trees.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 01.11.2013
    short79 wrote: »
    OR you can just wait until the day is over and then the workers will return to normal all on their own! Ghost workers are NOT here to stay as Halloween will not last forever. This feature likely has a 24 hour life span and at the stroke of midnight, much like Cinderella's coach turning back into a pumpkin, the workers will be back to their old selves.
    Was there some reason you felt the need to waste perfectly good thread space to complain about a VERY temporary feature which was merely put on for show and to give players a laugh. I just can not fathom hating this short-lived feature, much less taking the time write and tell EVERYONE in the forums all about it. :rolleyes: I mean, really? Did you have nothing better to do? I have to assume that you are the type of person who is miserable unless you are complaining about SOMEthing!
    Look, I am well aware that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I do my best to be respectful. But there are just times, when the opinion in question could easily be considered far to ridiculous to deserve the time of day. I'm sorry but I think you need to get a life! My opinion...of course.

So...I felt like your response was a bigger waste of time. Should tell you to get a life or just attend to mine instead?
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 01.11.2013
    won't changing the date mess up your log ins in a row
    It shouldn't. That should access the server date, not your own personal computer's. Since the ghosts started at different times for different people, I figured it must be accessing everyone's personal date info to trigger the effect. Turned out to be correct.

You should be able to have ghosts as long as they leave the code in place, if you change your computer date to October 31 each day.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 01.11.2013
    Well, i kind of agree with him. i actually dislike Halloween vary much, but i think the ghosts are neat. some one had to think up of that and design it. i do not think that anyone was complaining about anything. In my opinion, i think that waiting for the next day wont kill you. no body said that justme123 was complaining, i agree with you that she was just telling others who dont like it a solution. but fellow players should not fight over nothing.

i agree! everyone needs to CALM DOWN!

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button

Actually (even though you agree with him) he was complaining about justme123. He said she was a miserable person because she was offering help to others who may not want ghosts on their farm. If you like the ghosts then fine! There are other threads for that. This thread is to offer advice for those who do not want to see ghosts on their farm. So how about you guys stay on topic & stop trying to judge everyone. justme123 is not a complainer. She is very understanding that everyone has different beliefs. She never complained or said whoa is me. She offered helpful info for others players who may feel the same way. There are many players on this forum that do not post anything at all. Maybe because they're afraid of being judged. justme123 put her big girl pants on & took a stand to help anyone who may feel the same.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 01.11.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Australia doesn't (naturally) have deciduous trees.

Australia does have deciduous trees. They grow in the southern, temperate regions and decidu in April and May. So lets have two autumn themes per year!
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 01.11.2013
    Naturally occurring ones? I don't recall any from when I lived there, hence "naturally" in the qualifier. But either way, there are way fewer deciduous trees, for one thing. But whatevs.
  • mipie11mipie11 Posts: 130
    edited 01.11.2013
    I would have liked an autumn theme. Actually, I think the farmers should be able to choose what they wanted to be going on at their farm (Options-Theme-Ghosts or Autumn) which would be helpful. Like for the Autumn theme, workers wearing fall colors and leaves blowing across the screen and leaves and (un-carved) pumpkins around.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 01.11.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Naturally occurring ones? I don't recall any from when I lived there, hence "naturally" in the qualifier. But either way, there are way fewer deciduous trees, for one thing. But whatevs.

Sorry, I thought you were saying "of course " when you wrote "naturally". Trees that are native to Australia aren't deciduous, as far as I know, so yes in that sense you are correct. We have way fewer everything, so that is correct too. However way fewer is non-zero, and most southern towns and cities are well blessed with autumn colours as the oaks, elms, ashes etc do their deciduing thing.
  • short79short79 Posts: 174
    edited 13.11.2013
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Look at that! They were gone before they were even here. I have time to waste occasionally. If one poster can waste time talking about a very temporary feature, why not me? Anyway, just posted what I thought. Need I point out that I never said I was right? So was 24 hours a lifetime to wait? :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file