Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

coop

Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
I know people are given gold to join coop but why play a game,join a coop then stop playing. The gold is no good if you are not playing. Got 2 members joined last week, now have red dots so not played since.
Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 10.07.2014
    I find that a lot of players start the game and just lose interest. They go back to Facebook or watching cat videos and forget all about their farm. So sad. :(
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 10.07.2014
    I find that a lot of players start the game and just lose interest. They go back to Facebook or watching cat videos and forget all about their farm. So sad. :(

hahaha watching cat videos

Back on topic: They send you a lot of reminders and incentives to come back and play if you haven't logged in for a while. I started a new farm on the AU sever but found 3 farms to be too much so I stopped playing that one (not in a co-op). Now I get emails nearly weekly with large amounts of gold rewards to come back. Too bad some people's emails go directly to their spam folder!
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 10.07.2014
    I must admit that I was cat videos to today my own cat brought in live bird because she felt neglected because I play this game a lot. Although I did not film it to put on youtube like some people would. My coop cannot keep 13 members and only half donate. Thought about leaving but I want to grow within the coop. Not join ,collect gold,then sit back and let others do the work.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 10.07.2014
    Level 6 is way too early to get that task. You can level up to level 6 or maybe even 10 within at least half an hour. Then stuff starts taking longer to upgrade and I think that is the part where they give up. They are like what?! An hour upgrade?! I am not waiting for that, this game cannot keep me busy, let's find something else. I just viewed the rankings on WWW. 27000 accounts on level 2 (right after the tutorial) and 38000 accounts below level 6. Total amount of accounts about 84000. So nearly half is below level 6 and probably just quit the game.
    edited 10.07.2014
    know what you mean Just upgraded windmill took 20+ hours 1 of our new people level 30 ,lots of certficates from missions but not been online since joined our coop but I think maybe age group of coop may have put them off Founder 12,me oldest 52 ,half coop in school
  • Algerhugz (US1)Algerhugz (US1) Posts: 56
    edited 10.07.2014
    Thats what it is in my coop The 4 that are most active are adults... And when we bring someone else in its normally a child and they don't want to play with us adults. And they end up leaving... And then the ones that we bring in and then they don't log in again I think are also kids that the game just doesn't hold there interest.
    edited 10.07.2014
    My coop other way round ,most active members seem to be the teenagers espicially doing projects I think they want to achieve something . I think people have joined,seen 50% school age. Think this coop not for us, so become inactive rather than just leaving. Main problem is we dont have the gold to expand and bring in people of various ages
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 10.07.2014
    Cats don't bring you gifts because they feel neglected. They bring you gifts because they think you're awesome. She may have been trying to bribe you into paying more attention to her though.

I don't see why more room would help if half your people keep leaving. How do you guys recruit people? Where do you find them, what do people have to go through to get into your coop?
    edited 10.07.2014
    1 of the 2 inactive players I saw on members looking for coop forum I looked at farm,looked busy so I sent invite but we have broke our rule for taking under level 15 players a few times mainly because we have a high turnover losing 5 in 3 week .Might be nice weather,people out + about rather than sat in front of computer
    edited 11.07.2014
    Or it could be the fact that you're not really tracking activity levels or talking to them before inviting. When I send an invite to someone, it's because I've already talked to them and told them what I expect of coop members and they agreed to it and told me about how active they are already. Other people actually watch the farm and track how active the person is for a while before contacting them.

Be choosier about who you let into the coop. I know this high turnover makes you want to grab anyone you can, but that's the problem I've been seeing on shows like Restaurant Impossible and Restaurant Stakeout. High turnover causes employers to just grab anybody and that's what they get: any body. This actually makes the turnover rate get worse because a) filler people don't give a ** and often get bored with something and leave, and b) the few worthwhile people get disheartened by all the filler people doing nothing but take up space and then they decide to go somewhere where hard work is actually appreciated.

You guys may want to rethink your policy. I had to and my coop is actually active and keeping players now.
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 11.07.2014
    I ,too, send out mail to an applicant or recruit explaining exactly what we want in our members: participation, donations, communications, age cap.. you name its been discussed and agreed to and then what do you know... 1 hour on the game as a member then off the game for 8 days with no notice as to "absence: and so it's the boot!
    I am acting "leader" while our founder/leader is on medical hiatus and I will tell you it is not a position I relish. It is like pulling teeth to get long time members to answer a request to sign up for research or even to help in a mission and the newbies are not much better either... maybe it is the beautiful weather, maybe it is the children being out of school... who knows but it seems like a pretty consistent area of consternation among co-ops. My solution is just to go with the flow... why worry over things I can not control.... I play the game and keep up the farm and start missions and sign up for research and send reminder after reminder for participation that I eventually get BUT i will tell you I am looking forward to day our leader returns because then I am going solo to do what I really want to do and that is to travel to the co-ops that need temporary help!
    HAPPY FARMING!!!
    PS ... love those cat videos!!! dog ones too!!!!
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 11.07.2014
    Cats don't bring you gifts because they feel neglected. They bring you gifts because they think you're awesome. She may have been trying to bribe you into paying more attention to her though.

Cats bring us their prey because they believe we are inadequate hunters.
    edited 11.07.2014
    Lol, I do not envy you, Roadrunner. Sure, I am a coop leader, but all my coop members are new, except for one, and the first research I scheduled us to do had all necessary participants a full week early. So our first research was a piece of cake. 'Course donations are a different story. It got run on my dime. But at level 80 with a daily income in the millions, I haven't really minded.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 11.07.2014
    I sure do hope you meant projects in your writing, Roadrunner :P I mean, I do like how you start missions and motivate your players to do the same to get them darn machines, but what is a co-op without projects? :P

I think you got my point now XD
  • roadrunnernm3roadrunnernm3 Posts: 29
    edited 11.07.2014
    Yes Larino I did mean Co-Op mission projects!!! I just finished an Egg Scramble Project so we could level up... 69,000 eggs practically by myself.... there are members who log on and participate which is good! I just sent out 4 reminders for Research and finally got the two we needed. I, like Wildcard, donate farm cash cuz I do quite well making money with all three farms so I do not mind doing that. There are some very good members in the Co-Op and the Co-Op can always count on them but as for the rest of the members .....it was easier getting Kindergarteners to learn how to read and write!!!
    No matter though because I love the game and I have an obligation to our founder to progress the Co-Op and so onward we go!!
    Happy Farming.

PS... My new puppy brings me things he finds around the back 40.... yesterday it was an old corn cob!!! I think he and the cats are in cahoots!!
    edited 12.07.2014
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    Cats bring us their prey because they believe we are inadequate hunters.

I hope you didn't mean that seriously.
  • Boo3 (GB1)Boo3 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1
    edited 12.07.2014
    Where are the cat videos?
    edited 12.07.2014
    They are pet photos in fun and games forum Cat videos youtube not here On topic lost 3 members today,booted off for been inactive Been with us 8 days

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file