Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

More Upgrades AGAIN X(

Comments

• Amun2Amun2 Posts: 28
    edited 13.11.2013
    I guess the big reveal is: you can't please everybody. I can understand the initial feeling of, "Hey! What's up with my weany looking orchards??" but I'm surprised by the vehemence some are expressing about it. I'm just building them back up. And I like having something to build (I'm running out of stuff). I'm working on my second of eight right now.

I just wish the architect would come around again.

Two things I forgot to mention. I am very pleased about the 'zz' upgrade -- and actually I'm just happy about it being smaller.

Other thing: god is also a noun spelled in lowercase and the god that is invoked may not be your own.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • short79short79 Posts: 174
    edited 13.11.2013
    ah thank you.i was in one of my bipolar spells and didnt notice i forgot.it is now capitalized.i hope nobody gets mad and asks me to change it back :)

Change it back! LOL You'll never make a believer out of me. :p BTW, sounded like a whiny post to me. But that's fine. What actually ticked me off was the poster writes "we" as if he just knows that everyone else doesn't want upgrades either! Uh-uh, speak for yourself! I rejoiced when the first round of addition upgrades became available, especially the houses! Been hoping for new orchard upgrades and here they are! Now, if they were to throw upgrades for the two things that start it all (fields and the mill) well, that would be the bee's knees! Thanks GG! Keep 'em coming! Say, you wouldn't happen to consider raising the sell price on our goods now would you? Without a research that is. Need to be able to afford all these upgrades! Hahaha j/k!
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 14.11.2013
    I think it is time to get over it.
    If the game started out with the only change of an upgrade is that the label is different and increased production--I think we would get bored quickly. We didn't though--we had 4 different drawings.

What is done is done and any further upgrades of this sort will probably go much the same way. So get ready for it and accept it and move on. I too can't understand why people are so upset over a few drawings that are barely noticeable from one level to the next.

Nothing was said about the initial five models being the same as each other. The idea of keeping the same model as the one for level five was for levels afterwards and needn't stop at level seven.

Saying what is done is done as if that is the end is rather short sighted. If what is done is an error of judgement by the developers, they can easily undo it.

It isn't necessary for you to understand what makes players upset about this matter, or any other. You saying things like, "get over it" and, "move on" makes the situation worse. I have observed you doing it on other threads too. Please allow people to express thier opinions and feelings. You are not the boss of these forums.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 14.11.2013
    Pameow wrote: »
    Nothing was said about the initial five models being the same as each other. The idea of keeping the same model as the one for level five was for levels afterwards and needn't stop at level seven.

Saying what is done is done as if that is the end is rather short sighted. If what is done is an error of judgement by the developers, they can easily undo it.

It isn't necessary for you to understand what makes players upset about this matter, or any other. You saying things like, "get over it" and, "move on" makes the situation worse. I have observed you doing it on other threads too. Please allow people to express thier opinions and feelings. You are not the boss of these forums.
    had a big long reply ready but decided not to humor u any longer.im with u monica,this thread will be labeled as pointless and will either be closed or die off on its own as long as people dont take the complaint of 2 people as something that actually has a chance of causing any damage to this awesome update.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 14.11.2013
    post delete
    edited 14.11.2013
    none of this is worth getting upset over--the game IS what it is. I have to wonder if the upgrades they have planned for the next few--undoubtable the fields, the feedmill--will be the same and this thread will again resurface.

I don't like logging in every time to an argument. Think of all the upset people with the blue houses--they can demolish them now? Has any one said 'thanks'?

Yeah, I'm with Monica on this.
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 14.11.2013
    Well I was blasted for posting my opinion on the first thread so I've kept quiet on this one, but suffice to say I'm with you as well Monica.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 14.11.2013
    Paraphrasing Barnum and Bailey:

You can please some of the people all of the time. All of the people some of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time.
  • ZaxynnZaxynn Posts: 132
    edited 14.11.2013
    ah thank you.i was in one of my bipolar spells and didnt notice i forgot.it is now capitalized.i hope nobody gets mad and asks me to change it back :)

LOL, not mad, just say'n that's all. ;) Thanks for editing it though.
    Amun2 wrote: »
    Other thing: god is also a noun spelled in lowercase and the god that is invoked may not be your own.

That it is and it is also a pronoun in which case should be capitalized.

Even if the God invoked is not "your god" it is still appropriate to capitalize the name and IF it is not the same god then it would be named. Although we all know the one true God has many names.
    See I used both lower case and upper case according to when the word god was a noun or a pronoun. ;)

@ shorty79, I would reply but to be honest, you kinda scare me :p ...just joking.
  • ZaxynnZaxynn Posts: 132
    edited 14.11.2013

Amen, I agree.
    edited 15.11.2013
    ElizabethK wrote: »
    Paraphrasing Barnum and Bailey:

You can please some of the people all of the time. All of the people some of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Ahhhh, I so did love going to their circus when I was little......Big Farm could have a circus event-what's that? Off topic? Nah, not me! ?( Say, is it possible to DISPLEASE all of the people all of the time? :rolleyes:
    edited 15.11.2013
    Zaxynn wrote: »
    LOL, not mad, just say'n that's all. ;) Thanks for editing it though.

That it is and it is also a pronoun in which case should be capitalized.

Even if the God invoked is not "your god" it is still appropriate to capitalize the name and IF it is not the same god then it would be named. Although we all know the one true God has many names.
    See I used both lower case and upper case according to when the word god was a noun or a pronoun. ;)

@ shorty79, I would reply but to be honest, you kinda scare me :p ...just joking.

Kinda scare you? Little 'ol me? Whatever for? Afraid I might have the mark of the beast? LOL Anyhow, discussing the orchard upgrade and reactions to the upgrade, I know that I really don't care if the word god is supposed to be capitalized or. dragonpride's reply didn't seem to have anything to do with any god, more it was a statement of exasperation so it was not used in a pronoun manner. I thought your side note was a little weird as it just seems wildly out of place. I mean hey, if I wanted to be educated about this kind of thing, I'd go to church. Not the Big Farm forum, right? I guess the bottom line though would be that unless you are a person of religion, the spelling is just not going to matter.
    Well, if you have something on mind as you write "I would reply but". feel free to say so. Not sure what you might have to say to me but reply away. Have a good one!
  • Asid (GB1)Asid (GB1) Posts: 31
    edited 16.11.2013
    Wow so many nice/pleasant people here. Ganging up on a person who dared to give his/her opinion.
    I didn't like the upgrades either. Most people from my co-op didn't like them. Too much money needed to upgrade them and takes long time to get to maximum level (not to forget need architect for most of them and a lot of money for that short time period when architect is available). Not everyone is a gold player here. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but some people are such bullies that they will not only jump the person who has different opinion but also start doing personal attacks. None of you know the person in real life why start judging someone over one comment he's giving about the GAME? He didn't attack anyone or anything, he didn't like the upgrades so he said it in the forum which is his right as the forum title is "Suggestion, praise & Criticism" ... but none of you guys had the right to do personal attacks and start behaving like you actually know the person in real life. And i see the same names here who are constant bullies to those who disagree with their opinion. I have had personal experience with some of those (won't bother with the names cuz i know how it ends)
    No wonder most people don't bother to take part in forums cuz they get treated like this.
    edited 16.11.2013
    Asid3 wrote: »
    Wow so many nice/pleasant people here. Ganging up on a person who dared to give his/her opinion.
    I didn't like the upgrades either. Most people from my co-op didn't like them. Too much money needed to upgrade them and takes long time to get to maximum level (not to forget need architect for most of them and a lot of money for that short time period when architect is available). Not everyone is a gold player here. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but some people are such bullies that they will not only jump the person who has different opinion but also start doing personal attacks. None of you know the person in real life why start judging someone over one comment he's giving about the GAME? He didn't attack anyone or anything, he didn't like the upgrades so he said it in the forum which is his right as the forum title is "Suggestion, praise & Criticism" ... but none of you guys had the right to do personal attacks and start behaving like you actually know the person in real life. And i see the same names here who are constant bullies to those who disagree with their opinion. I have had personal experience with some of those (won't bother with the names cuz i know how it ends)
    No wonder most people don't bother to take part in forums cuz they get treated like this.
    actually i dont think the poster would have gotten so much hassle if they had chosen their words more wisely.telling ggs that WE,as in everybody dont want anymore upgrades was kind of asking for it seeing as that most people encourage new features in the game. and so when one person to took it upon themselves to speak for the entire community and tell ggs that we dont want something that we clearly do,said community made it quite clear that this person did not speak for them.
  • Fibro_fog (US1)Fibro_fog (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    edited 16.11.2013
    Hey, Ezio! That's a great idea!
  • Attaiza (GB1)Attaiza (GB1) Posts: 23
    edited 16.11.2013
    STOP assuming things. Its not like I committed a crime or anything. By WE I meant me and my friends at our co-op. So stop being so rude for no reason. I didn't say anywhere that I am representing anyone else other than myself and people I know who play this game.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 16.11.2013
    Attaiza wrote: »
    STOP assuming things. Its not like I committed a crime or anything. By WE I meant me and my friends at our co-op. So stop being so rude for no reason. I didn't say anywhere that I am representing anyone else other than myself and people I know who play this game.

Since you are a public forum for all players world-wide, using a term like "we" automatically implies you speak for the players. Such was not the case apparently. Seems you could have fixed this misconception fairly quickly by either stating "my friends and I don't like" or "my coop does not appreciate" etc.

Thank you for clarifying this point, finally.
    May I also point out that my comment (the very FIRST) response to your original post asked specifically who you meant by "we" which you never addressed.

I certainly hope you get your orchards pretty again. Hopefully they will be beautiful in time for the level 9 orchards update when they will become ugly again.
    edited 16.11.2013
    connerk2 wrote: »
    Since you are a public forum for all players world-wide, using a term like "we" automatically implies you speak for the players. Such was not the case apparently. Seems you could have fixed this misconception fairly quickly by either stating "my friends and I don't like" or "my coop does not appreciate" etc.

Thank you for clarifying this point, finally.
    May I also point out that my comment (the very FIRST) response to your original post asked specifically who you meant by "we" which you never addressed.

I certainly hope you get your orchards pretty again. Hopefully they will be beautiful in time for the level 9 orchards update when they will become ugly again.
    simply agreed."we" has alot of meanings in a worldwide forum not to mention that every time a person opens a thread with an unpopular subject they should be prepared for some serious debating. ps next update we get more upgrades for mill and fields.some people might not appreciate it but then again im convinced that if ggs gave 100,000 gold to every player there would be someone who would complain about it.
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 16.11.2013
    actually i dont think the poster would have gotten so much hassle if they had chosen their words more wisely.telling ggs that WE,as in everybody dont want anymore upgrades was kind of asking for it seeing as that most people encourage new features in the game. and so when one person to took it upon themselves to speak for the entire community and tell ggs that we dont want something that we clearly do,said community made it quite clear that this person did not speak for them.

pmsl! Now you're the one who's making assumptions about what other people want.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 17.11.2013
    Hey guys, it's time to all take a deep breath and let things go - it's getting a bit fiery in here at the moment and that's a shame. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and deserves to be treated with respect while they present it.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
    edited 17.11.2013
    Daytona wrote: »
    im not making any assumptions,just noting the fact that this whole thread is basically everyone on it VS 2 people.
  • aavvkk (IN1)aavvkk (IN1) Posts: 17
    edited 17.11.2013
    we have no farmers and u need more land for houses.

stop further upgrades.. please
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 17.11.2013
    im not making any assumptions

Yes you did, I highlighted them.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 17.11.2013
    Alright guys, just take it easy.......... Like Kat said everyone's entitled to their opinions and as far as I can see this whole thing started over a misunderstanding so lets just sit back and relax :)

On the lighter side, thank you to everyone who supports the ladder :D
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 17.11.2013
    Er, so isn't this the way that the last thread about the upgrades went? :P
    edited 17.11.2013
    Yes you did, I highlighted them.
    did you also highlight the part saying my assumption was based on the FACT that this whole thread has been pretty much everyone in it VS 2 or 3 people?
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Er, so isn't this the way that the last thread about the upgrades went? :P

yup.and it will most likely happen again when we get the new levels for our fields and mill on the 19th :)

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?88741-Permaculture&p=1023789#post1023789
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 18.11.2013
    Seriously guys, enough now thanks. Anyone that wishes to continue disrespecting anyone else in this thread will see their posts removed.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • OrganicFarmer7OrganicFarmer7 Posts: 2
    edited 19.11.2013
    Do people like you whine about people who whine, for the sake of whining? The original poster is allowed an opinion without you being so obnoxious. Why get so defensive and hostile? I for one am part of the we. I am sick of all my work being graphically downgraded. It SUCKS. Sure take the levels up of the buildings, but leave the graphics alone. Seems like we do HAVE to upgrade to get back what we already HAD! You understand that? We paid in time and effort to get the orchards looking nice. And now that has been lost. Well guess what else is lost. I am not giving them any more real money for this graphically downgraded rubbish.
    I have to agree with this reply. I do not like that the graphics were downgraded after all our hard work. The upgrades could have been done without affecting the graphics. And, might I add, why not add horse barns or something that has to do with real farming..Aliens...seriously...what the heck does that have to do with farming????
  • Jumbo Whiffy (GB1)Jumbo Whiffy (GB1) Posts: 44
    edited 19.11.2013
    Totally wrong! I had a nice stone built windmill yesterday! Took months to get it up to standard, spent money on gold during the process (not directly spent on the windmill but that's not the point), now ive had it taken away?????? Very naughty!
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 19.11.2013
    Today's latest newest updates.

"WE" (as in me myself and I) Actually LOVE UPGRADES!

But....
    I really do wish the upgrades didn't mean downgrading my graphics.
    Why can't they upgrade by ADDING NEW GRAPHICS to the newest levels?

The upgrades themselves are a good thing. Downgrading my farms appearance to do it is not.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file