Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Why not have events optional?

2»

Comments

• monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.06.2013
    I don't want the tent. I don't want the overpriced beans with very little return, I don't want the store moving all my stuff around so i sell the wrong items by mistake. I don't want the bugs, i don't want the headache of testing out a poorly instituted event. I muddled my way through to get the castle and through that knowledge of how hard it was--I don't want to participate in further production events. I absolutely did not want to partake in the event on www1 when i saw what was required, but the event continued to pop up when i logged in. Anything past buying the decos was more work than it was worth for me--ESPECIALLY on the www1 farm that i am probably not going to keep.

There i said my reasons. Please don't attack me for giving my opinion--it was asked of why I did not want to do more events.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.06.2013
    So Monica, for clarification, you want the events to be opt-in because it was too hard to do the event and it was annoying that you had the popups?
    edited 13.06.2013
    there were popups at every turn--Log in, in the seeds catalog, trying to sell the harvests: All that stuff was there regardless of participating in the event. The build menu was tolerable only because that is the decos that i wanted to build, but the rest of the mess--I could have easily avoided.
    And as for looking to the forum for a guide the one started by SS2090 ( i apologize for not spelling name correct) had very nice information in it but quickly filled with posts that were about the frog prince deco change and then other posts about "oh, i found fireflies in the cowbarn" types of posts that were not quite so helpful. Hence my posts in the thread about having more of a guide so that we know what is coming next--which has also been the source of many disagreements & that i am trying very hard to avoid.

The event was MUCH easier to complete on my us1 farm and it was very much not conducive to growth and level up on the www1 farm--especially after the part where everyone was not able to get on for about a 1 1/2 hours during the last few hours of the event. I am just glad that i have the castle after donating off nearly 6000 apples. B I rather enjoyed finding the fireflies on the us1 farm. Having 2 farms allowed me a unique view of the event as a high level player and a newbie just trying to get started in the game.

If this event comes back--I don't think i want to have another castle and go through all the headache of the event. I wish to just farm as i see fit.
  • darconio2darconio2 Posts: 151
    edited 14.06.2013
    I would be happy if they simply did away with bean stalk "IN YOUR FACE" reminders that people need to play 24/7 to get lucky enough to complete events.

I could carry this conversation to a thread where everybody failed the events and get a ton of support.
  • TopherII (US1)TopherII (US1) Posts: 47
    edited 14.06.2013
    LOL, you have the tower yourself. Thank you that made me my night.

I understand your frustration with the bean stalks, the same thing happens when I have roses in my inventory, the whole order gets befuddled.

I happened to participate in the event and enjoyed it, look forward to the next one as well. I do not give two hoots whether or not they offer the ability to opt out or not. I find it interesting that with all the crud that happened with this last update, that this is an issue that causes this much debate.

I have to say Darconio, that I enjoy reading your comments. They make me smile, and I cannot wait to see how you drag me through the mud, with your obviously superior whit.

Thank goodness my farm is in a high wind area, breadcrumbs are a non issue.

Cannot wait to see the fun in store for the next event,

edited 14.06.2013
    Darconio, I still don't see any good reason that you've provided for opting out besides that the beanstalk thing was in your face and annoying. The same argument goes for rose seeds, or even corn or wildflowers if they move your cabbage and wheat down a row or over the page, since hey if they weren't there your cabbage and wheat could be on the first page!

I feel sorry for all those people who won the task where you got the free bag of beans. I'm sure their lives must be ruined now because they now all have an extra page to get to their wheat and cabbage.

(In all seriousness: really? Is there really a basis for your point besides that the bean bag was annoying? I'm not seeing it if there is. And saying that GGS keeps advertising gold in your face is, well, annoying and therefore doesn't count as a separate reason.)
    edited 14.06.2013
    @ TopherII,
    Thanks a bunch... Cheers .. :)

@ Jaystarr,
    How often is this event held?
    Maybe they like to know what is annoying.

Others have expressed annoyance as well.

The other events were not as intrusive.

Is this just a new start of things to come?

Will we need to flip through 10 pages to get to our corn for the Asian event so we can plant Golden Rice?

Wake up and smell the Green Tea.
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 14.06.2013
    Wait darconio, do you have the tower?

Does that mean you completed the event?
    darconio2 wrote: »
    I could carry this conversation to a thread where everybody failed the events and get a ton of support.

Of course you could - If only people with Liberal views could vote in the US election, we know what the outcome there would be too...

An educated discussion and debate can not be accurately made with the view point of only one side of the argument.
    edited 14.06.2013
    @ Camii
    An educated discussion and debate can not be accurately made with the view point of only one side of the argument.
    Yes. Now you're getting it. Everyone replying here has done event and obviously had time for it.

B I A S.
    edited 14.06.2013
    *sigh* I give up with you darconio.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 14.06.2013
    @ Camii

Yes. Now you're getting it. Everyone replying here has done event and obviously had time for it.

B I A S.

I have been reading through this post and have seen people with opinions on both sides of the issue, so this statement is false and biased.

My 2 cents, GGS has lots of things all over that I would like to opt out of and not see. Most of the stuff at the top of the screen, quests to expand before I am capable unless I buy gold, the flower farm quest has been sitting for a couple of levels and I still am not at level 40 where it is possible to buy for cash, etc. These things can be annoying but I learn to ignore them, and also to be careful in my harvesting/planting so I don't make mistakes. If they are sooooo annoying than you have the choice to opt out of playing the game. To me it sounds more like you are being a sore loser, because most people love the events other than the annoyance with the technical bugs.
    edited 14.06.2013
    I DID enjoy the event-even more so if the game was functioning properly and not freezing up the whole week. I did get the tower on my us1 farm. I also have been successful at getting the other events completed--except for the 3rd time the bee event arrived and the camping event. I have also done each fundraiser event to get just the 3rd prize roses. I did say that when i realized i was doing well on the us1 farm, it was not worth continuing to struggle on www1, but that option was not available. When the next events come out, if they are a mess--I think i would rather opt out and just farm.
    edited 14.06.2013
    Will we need to flip through 10 pages to get to our corn for the Asian event so we can plant Golden Rice?

HAHAHAHAHA! TEN PAGES!! :D

Oh wait, if you completed the event then you must have received the bag with the three magic beans. Is your life ruined now because your wheat is on the other page? Is this why you made this topic?

Or maybe you could just actually plant those beans and then they'll go away, instead of making a topic that doesn't really have a basis besides "this is mildly inconvenient"?
  • poLing3poLing3 Posts: 17
    edited 17.06.2013
    What about a suggestion to put the event seeds on the 2nd page? Will that work? Just a thought.

** I only posted this right after one of my co-opmates accidentally planted rice instead of something else, but in my personal experienced/opinion, I don't have any problem with the event seeds in the 1st page. I just have to pay really close attention to what I'm doing so I won't make any accidental planting.
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 17.06.2013

Hey now you can get all the mostly sowed seeds in a single page if you had some rose seeds and bean seeds which we got a reward from the previou event... So no need to flip through page to select the desired one...
    edited 17.06.2013
    Originally Posted by darconio2

NOTE: Golden Rice was only a GUESS. I did not suggest it to them to annoy anyone.

I had no inside information.

Sorry.
    edited 18.06.2013
    Update! Now with this new Asian event my first page of my seeds are: rice, beans, roses and wildflowers. So my corn (which is the crop I plant most frequently) is on the SECOND page. Okay, so again I planted a round of wildflowers by accident instead of corn. I demand GGS gives me back those two minutes of my life.

I am greatly inconvenienced and my life is ruined as a result since I could not opt out of the Asian event and I was forced to have the rice bag button on my planting page, so now if I want to plant corn I have to flip an extra page through my variety of crops I can grow. What a pain in the butt. *insert angry faces in here or something*

(NOTE: This is facetious.

Here's a happy face to show that it's facetious: :) )
    edited 19.06.2013
    Okay, so again I planted a round of wildflowers by accident instead of corn. I demand GGS gives me back those two minutes of my life.

I am greatly inconvenienced and my life is ruined as a result since I could not opt out of the Asian event and I was forced to have the rice bag button on my planting page, so now if I want to plant corn I have to flip an extra page through my variety of crops I can grow. What a pain in the butt.

I second the motion.
  • edited 19.06.2013
    Wow, Darconio you really don't like these events.

I really don't care that i have to turn the page to see wheat.
    I have to do that any way because i have rose seeds. :)

And I don't mind that the Event it at the top of our task bar.
    Actually, i like it there, why would i want to go all the way down
    to the bottom to see the event that i am working on?

And the events our very optional, you never have to start them.
    And even if you do start it, you don't have to do it.
    Just go on with normal life, do what you would usually do,
    you might even finish a task or two in the process.

In every thing that GGS has done to make Big Farm a better game,
    there are always going to be some people who don't like.
    That is just how it is.

Well that is what have to say.

~Space~
    edited 19.06.2013
    I second the motion.

Selective reading much?
    edited 20.06.2013
    Space - Well said as always :)
  • edited 20.06.2013
    Thank you Camii.
    I do have a way with words, don't I? :D
    edited 20.06.2013
    You do - looking forward to your first novel - I expect a first edition signed copy :P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file