Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - Jan 15th - Cooperative Challenge 2.0 - Discussion

Comments

• elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 15.01.2015
    anifromid wrote: »
    Boat has asked me for vanilla, and other coop members for wax and aloe

The items you listed, aniromid, are NOT flower shop products, they are flower farm products! :) The flower shop products are as follows: Wildflower bouquet, Summer bouquet, Pasta gift-basket, Romantic bouquet, Floral perfume, Sweet-scented oil, Honey cream and Box of soaps.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.01.2015
    On Dutch Server NL1 the title of the product Honey-Cream is no longer visible: not when hovering over de flowershop, not in the farm management tab ... iow: it is nowhere to be found!
  • mbeliever (US1)mbeliever (US1) Posts: 686
    edited 15.01.2015
    mbeliever, these items you are mention is not new things the ship asking for, even they maybe are for you.
    I several times have deliver these items to the ship, even it's rare the ship ask me for these items.

That's possible, but I still think it's strange that it asked for 3 rare items all at once right after the update. I'd like to know what's going on.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 15.01.2015
    Now what is going on? Server down again???

Attachment not found.Ahaa, the old man again ;)
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 15.01.2015
    I was just about to ask same question lol
  • edited 15.01.2015
    mbeliever, these items you are mention is not new things the ship asking for, even they maybe are for you.
    I several times have deliver these items to the ship, even it's rare the ship ask me for these items.

No these have not been on the ship for a loooong time, since the first time the ship was run type of long time ago. I was not surprised to see them changed a little, but those are not the normal items the ship has been asking for for several weeks/months now.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 15.01.2015
    I was in the middle of dung mission and get the notice that the server was going down again . So I quickly took a screen shoot of the mission along with the players in it & what we harvested. Can we get our certificates for this please? Missions are a waste when you use all of your good resources in a dung mission.
  • BlueneckBlueneck Posts: 15
    edited 15.01.2015
    mbeliever wrote: »
    That's possible, but I still think it's strange that it asked for 3 rare items all at once right after the update. I'd like to know what's going on.

This is very strange, not because it asked you now, but because it didn't do that before at all. That is unless you've just very recently have bought both the Gourme and Flower farm, which I highly doubt. I'm a new player and before the update, the ship asked me for new items prior to building the relevant buildings.
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 15.01.2015
    Does anyone here seem to be having server issues since this update occurred?? For that reason, I created a post in the area of technical issues.. Seems to be happening with everyone on my team, so alot must be having the same issue here. :o(

Just lost out on my mission, and also the collection of my production for the project our group is currently doing.

Double :o( :o(
  • edited 15.01.2015
    Blueneck wrote: »
    This is very strange, not because it asked you now, but because it didn't do that before at all. That is unless you've just very recently have bought both the Gourme and Flower farm, which I highly doubt. I'm a new player and before the update, the ship asked me for new items prior to building the relevant buildings.

I'm a level 81, have had both my gourmet and flower farm since the moment i could... I was asked for aloe, vanilla and duck lettuce in my ship. None of those had been asked for before the update. I use to get the lavender essence on occasion way back when the ship began, but not since it started asking for fruits at all...

Once you hit a level where you can technically own a product, like a citrus orchard (whether you can afford to buy and build it or not), the ship will assume you can provide it. Much like it asking for Viking fruits the day the temp farm started... Eventually you'll be able to fill those spots. It will just take time.

It is just a very unexpected change to the boat for people, since that change wasn't known about. It will take some adjusting of how things are done again and what is grown and used or saved, or sold off.
  • dsx2dsx2 Posts: 2
    edited 15.01.2015
    exactly...it's for the gold purchasers' championship...no hope for us
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 15.01.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    The timer is for when it starts...

-Y
    Now, that's a first! :-) So far in this game (and I have been playing for a year now) all the timers have been counting time down to the end of an event, not to its beginning? Aaah, well...
    edited 15.01.2015
    elunia13 wrote: »
    Now, that's a first! :-) So far in this game (and I have been playing for a year now) all the timers have been counting time down to the end of an event, not to its beginning? Aaah, well...

Yeah! We should have it for Steve, right?
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 15.01.2015
    mbeliever wrote: »

I'll admit that I not before have seen the ship ask for all these 3 rare asking things at the same time.
    - I have try to deliver both dandilion and lamb's lectuce at the same time, and also 1 gf product at the same time as 1 ff product, but not only 1 product from the mf and the rest 3 products from gf+ff.
    No these have not been on the ship for a loooong time, since the first time the ship was run type of long time ago. I was not surprised to see them changed a little, but those are not the normal items the ship has been asking for for several weeks/months now.

It's only few days ago, not even a week since I from my us farm deliver some lavender to the ship.
    I also remember, when my us flower farm was new, the ship asking for nearly all the different ff products at it first arrive just as I get the level to begin produce that stuff, but don't haven't enough time to have finished the production.
    - If you take a search in forum, I'm sure you will find some complaints from people who was angry because the ship asked for these things before they have had time enough to have produce enough to deliver it.
  • cinshaw2cinshaw2 Posts: 2
    edited 15.01.2015
    I am really confused now. I thought the Flower Shop always produced items such as perfume and bar soap, etc. that could then be stored in the barn to be sold off at will. I got up this morning and all of my items are GONE. I had my barn completely full of flower shop items and it is now zero! That's hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of items missing. Hours of work. I want to sit down and cry.
    edited 15.01.2015
    cinshaw2, before the update today, flower farm shop products always was sold immediately when we harvest them, we never before have could stored ff shop products.
  • jvgma (US1)jvgma (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    edited 15.01.2015
    rotflol, i agree with mbeliever, we need the timer to let us know when Steve the architect will arrive! lol :D
    edited 15.01.2015
    It's only few days ago, not even a week since I from my us farm deliver some lavender to the ship.

I have often given lavender as well, but if you will look at my original comment, I said lavender essence. I have never before had to give any processed items from the FF. It's also possible that I have given lambs lettuce, but if I did I forgot because it's so rare. I've only ever been asked for fruit cake w/ cream from the bakery items. At first, I filled my storage with everything because I thought perhaps the ship would ask for it, but it never did. That's why I was very surprised that it asked for apple turnovers this morning. Now I'm wondering if I should fill my storage with almond muffins as well. I sold all the ones I had a long time ago and I don't usually make them. Hopefully this clears some things up for you.
    edited 15.01.2015
    mbeliver, I also have deliver both lavender essence and jasmine essence, but it's long time ago I last do that.
    - The are products from the destillery, not from the flower shop.

I can not remember I ever have deliver almond muffins to the ship, I think (but not sure) I have try to delivere apple turnovers.
    But I ofen deliver fruit cake with cream, it's only few days I last do that.

Because of that the ship sometimes ask for things it's only rare ask for, I always have my storage filled up with all these items which takes several hours to make, and only sold out to make room for new products.
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 15.01.2015
    I usually only own 100-200 of the bakery products because it never asks for more than that at the ship (at least at my current level, it'll probably increase as my level does). Never had it ask for aloe though, and I opened the Flower Farm almost two weeks ago.

The update made to the FF I don't mind, I guess, it's no different than the others, I kinda like being able to hoard my items anyway, and sell all at once if I am in need of immediate cash.
  • Space cat (INT1)Space cat (INT1) INT1 Posts: 54
    edited 15.01.2015
    I'm sorry, if this has been posted before, I don't have time to click through the forum and read every post. :rolleyes:

But: Any other deputy or co-op leader here that has the same problem like me?
    I just tried to update our "news" section for our co-op but it won't let me write more than one long sentence. 8|
    We usually had quite much info there about rules and researches, updates, etc.

Is this a bug? Will it be fixed? ?(
  • Farmer Loki (US1)Farmer Loki (US1) Posts: 125
    edited 15.01.2015
    I do NOT like this flower shop change AT ALL. NOW I have to figure out the amount I get for the products; before, it stated the whole amount before you started production. Why do we have to go the extra step for this? The other way was working FINE, and now I have use the calculator to figure out what was already there in the first place with the original system. This is just one more lame unneccessary step that I enjoyed NOT having on the flower farm that has to be dealt with on the gourmet farm. That's another thing that was better than the gourmet farm; I mean, okay, so it's not THAT big of a deal, but it's STILL an extra step. I hope they don't work it like the flower shop and start just reducing the amount of the items when you upgrade the shop, instead of giving you more MONEY when you upgrade the shop. I could care less about how many items are needed to produce products---I want MORE CASH for upgrading the shop, NOT "less items necessary". X( DON'T try and talk us into thinking that that would be a better deal. PLEASE don't screw that up, GGS. And I mean, as far as the flower shop working differently than the bakery, so WHAT? WHY does it need to be the same? It was working just fine as is. If it ain't broke---don't "fix" it. If something happens where they decide to stop increasing the amount you make when upgrading the shop, in favor of making it "less items needed to make a product", then that's TOTALLY messed up.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 15.01.2015
    The new timer brings up an interesting idea. If there can be a timer for the co-op challenge to start, couldn't there also be one for the viking/island/special farms? A couple of days heads up on those would be a big help.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.01.2015
    Space cat wrote: »
    I'm sorry, if this has been posted before, I don't have time to click through the forum and read every post. :rolleyes:

But: Any other deputy or co-op leader here that has the same problem like me?
    I just tried to update our "news" section for our co-op but it won't let me write more than one long sentence. 8|
    We usually had quite much info there about rules and researches, updates, etc.

Is this a bug? Will it be fixed? ?(

Yes, this seems to be a bug on several servers. This is the right thread for this topic (here you can find more info): http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?130992-Line-Limit-on-News-page-(Coops)
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 15.01.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    Storage = Farm Management, same as the Bakery. Yes, same amount of Dollars. It's taking place because we want to unify the functions of both secondary farms, right now they work different for no reason.

No problem with the change but:
    The mixer works different then the silo, the orchards on the FF need liquid fert on the GF normal fert.
    So, whats the real reason?
  • thesurveydoc (US1)thesurveydoc (US1) Posts: 80
    edited 15.01.2015
    Prize suggestion:
    How about if the co-op leaders of winning co-ops were issued a couple naughty/nice prizes to bestow on members as they saw fit?
  • Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 16.01.2015
    Today the ship asked for apple pie, apple turnovers, olive oil, vanilla, and lamb's lettuce. Does anyone know about any other new products?
    edited 16.01.2015
    Seriously? Now we have to fork over products from the gourmet farm AND the flower farm too? I was hoping they wouldn't start that....weird that I just thought of that yesterday and how glad I was that they only asked for raw items and not the finished products. Well, one more stupid change to this game...X(
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 16.01.2015
    You used to have to fork over FF products before Shells existed. If you were high enough level.

-Y
    edited 16.01.2015
    Didn't know that. Still sucks tho, because people who aren't high levels are more likely to have at least some or most of the raw items than they are some of the more pricey products that need to be made in the bakery or flower shop. I just finally got to the level where I can pretty much complete the ship (minus the extra stupid Scandinavian berries, etc.) with what it asks for 'cause I have extra raw ingredients, but I don't usually have products on hand because I want to sell them NOW, not have to wait five hours to guess whether or not I'll come up short when the ship comes. Great---now I won't be able to sell ANYTHING if it's a product until I make sure the stupid ship doesn't need it, so I'll have to wait, and wait, and wait... So basically THIS is why they make you store the flower shop products now instead of just getting the money when the products were finished. Becoming more & more of a gold player's game. Way to go, GGS...
Sign In to comment.