Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• svire (INT1)svire (INT1) Posts: 41
    edited 30.10.2014
    aaand it struck again. I got gold mining license some time ago and it took me forever to collect 2000 gold. Just as I got 1950, that accident van got here and instead donating chicken feed I bought it for 1300 gold. I can't even describe how I fell now. This is just wrong
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 30.10.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    This is probably something we won't do, since we would actively stop our players from spending money in general - which would be a pretty weird decision for a company :) I see your point of course, when it comes to accidental spending, and we are still looking into this, but a general lock function for the gold is something where I'm pretty sure I can say "no, won't happen".

Latten, I can't believe you have said that! You seem to be doing your best to give the company bad name. Saying so plainly to customers "we just want your money and don't care how we get them" is really shocking. One of the rudest and most arogant statements I have ever heard in Customer Service area.

Of course there is as usually an easy solution. If there is good and honest will. One of them would be a tick box in the "option" menu to switch the gold lock on and off. Which would satisfy both those who want to protect themseves against accidental spending, and those who enjoy heavy spending.

Now seeing what is going on here, all this disrespect towards customers, makes me regret I invited my friends to play this game. I liked it, but I have to reconsider. It's common sense nowadays for companies to value their customers and treat them with respect. No manager should think that people are idiots just becouse they are playing a game. It could easily backfire.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 02.11.2014
    Keep it simple.

They like all the many ways to shake money out of our pockets? Don't bring money to the ride.

And no, I'm not just a freeloader. I play galaxy which they stopped even working on. I have several bases and have unloaded $20.00 - $40.00 on each one. I figure it's still cheaper than going to the movies and I spend a lot more time on it. Lost money there too but only once. And it's not near as easy to slip up as it is here.

So.... no money goes here. After I slipped and upgraded a house several times, slipped and dropped money on special seeds more than a few times.... and more. Forget it. Not one red cent will they get. When I slip up, it's on gold they gave me so no real loss.
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 02.11.2014
    yes me to...i have brought gold...but lot for a long time...at one stage before i turned animations off because of game lag i would click on field to harvest and nothing happened so i clicked again and guess what...nursery upgraded with gold...or cows fast forwarded just after i fed them grrrr. now with those stupid pop ups i ended up with 2 books i didn't want at different times....now i play game off to side of screen to stop this happening....
    WHY CANT THOSE THAT WANT TO PROTECT THERE GOLD be able to...if the had this in place i would be a regular gold purchaser...but they don't so i don't buy....i want to spend gold on what i want...i would love to upgrade water tower and workshop but until my gold is safe i wont buy..its very simple
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 07.11.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    I really do not understand. I never ever hit accidentally the wrong button. How do you do that? I am not criticizing anybody, I am just wondering. It may help me in the future to know....

This has happened to me twice during events. The "donate" button and the "skip for gold" button are almost in the same place. I suggest they move the buttons further apart. Seriously, why would I skip the donating of wildflowers for 3,000 gold? I could have produced that in less than an hour!

I refuse to buy gold anymore until they fix this!
  • DG312DG312 Posts: 28
    edited 11.11.2014
    I rushed production of cherries several times while trying to collect from my chickens. Eventually I moved things around to give more distance between them so it hasn't happened again. A gold lock would be great. As for deciding what should be refunded - rushed collection probably can't be (as you get the 'benefits' instantly and could sell them or use them in something else, like the bakery or the ship) but for construction it really should be possible (and not too difficult) for GGS to downgrade the building again and credit the gold back to a player.
  • edited 11.11.2014
    Just to stop them from upgrading me to the highest buildings I knocked down what I had and built low level ones as insurance it wouldn't cost me so much but today they upgraded one of my fields $900,000 gone just like that. It is ridiculous to have such primitive controls on this game. They should be ashamed of themselves that they can't do better.

Why on earth would you knock down your high level buildings to ensure you didn't upgrade them??? Honestly, it costs less to pay the upgrade for the next level, then to lose half the cost by demolishing it and then rebuilding it up all the levels again for where you need it to be anyway... That makes absolutely zero sense to me. 8| If you are saving money for something else, then just let it take those few more days of saving with the accidental upgrade, not bulldoze it all to save yourself the "possible" upgrade cost if you make the mistake of accidentally upgrading yet again!

Also, they didn't upgrade the field/spend the 900,000, you did that. That is the point of the game, upgrade and grow the farm... If you had the fields up so far that it cost 900,000 to upgrade it, then you are likely capable of making that money back quite quickly anyway.

Yes buttons get pushed accidentally all the time, I've done it too. But I have learned to be careful. And don't click on the center of the screen when the hour or half hour changes!!!! They always pop up the handbooks on the change of hour/half hour. It is an easy thing to deal with.

No, they will not be ashamed of themselves for making it easy for you to spend gold; why would they? That is their paycheck. They will not change that. It is up to the player to pay attention to what/where they are clicking, to be careful, not careless. It isn't their fault if you mess it up. I've done it before, and I make sure I don't do it again too! So far, so good. All it took was once.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 11.11.2014
    Why on earth would you knock down your high level buildings to ensure you didn't upgrade them??? Honestly, it costs less to pay the upgrade for the next level, then to lose half the cost by demolishing it and then rebuilding it up all the levels again for where you need it to be anyway... That makes absolutely zero sense to me. 8| If you are saving money for something else, then just let it take those few more days of saving with the accidental upgrade, not bulldoze it all to save yourself the "possible" upgrade cost if you make the mistake of accidentally upgrading yet again!

Also, they didn't upgrade the field/spend the 900,000, you did that. That is the point of the game, upgrade and grow the farm... If you had the fields up so far that it cost 900,000 to upgrade it, then you are likely capable of making that money back quite quickly anyway.

Yes buttons get pushed accidentally all the time, I've done it too. But I have learned to be careful. And don't click on the center of the screen when the hour or half hour changes!!!! They always pop up the handbooks on the change of hour/half hour. It is an easy thing to deal with.

No, they will not be ashamed of themselves for making it easy for you to spend gold; why would they? That is their paycheck. They will not change that. It is up to the player to pay attention to what/where they are clicking, to be careful, not careless. It isn't their fault if you mess it up. I've done it before, and I make sure I don't do it again too! So far, so good. All it took was once.

This is by far the best post I've ever read on this topic!! Hats off, JojoBell! I couldn't agree more!! :thumbsup:
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 11.11.2014
    If you click by accident and your hard-saved tiny gold stash gets gobbled up by lag, or stupid drag user-interface do not expect any sympathy from the oh so *perfect* players who think the company-can-do-no-wrong.
    No do not make that silly mistake, as well as the mistake of losing your gold!
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 11.11.2014
    The comments on this thread are laughable. Oh no, please don't threaten to stop buying gold or leave the game entirely! It's not like there aren't 15000 people to replace you....

And as its been said multiple times, if you keep making the mistake of "accidental gold spending" over and over again, look at the common denominator. That's right, its you.

This game is a business. Go ahead, try and find another game of this caliber that gives you as much for free. And if you do find one, leave so we can be at peace from your complaining.
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 11.11.2014
    If you spent a lot of your time in the bartenders buttocks you even think the watered down booze taste like angelpee.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 11.11.2014
    dont even bother to read and comments on this thread if u dont like people complaining..just shut the **** up..
    go and laugh somewhere else..and find a thread where people praising this company..maybe then u will be happier..
  • Babett3Babett3 Posts: 8
    edited 12.11.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Admins....

Put a little lock on the gold icon right up on top. Locking your gold. So IF someone goes to do something that will use gold, a prompt will appear saying you need to first unlock your gold to do this....

Problem solved. I'd be happy to charge up all three of my farms if I knew it couldn't be accidently blown.

I'd bet I'm not alone on this point.

Perhaps some future update? At least consider it.
    Thank you.

Totally agree and it is ridiculous it hasn't been implemented yet!

I have been playing this game for 9 months and I have more then once spent gold accidentally and it removed(

Edit by PINJO: removed inappropriate word
  • ellen3131 (NL1)ellen3131 (NL1) Posts: 33
    edited 12.11.2014
    I have accidently spend gold just because on the second I harvest something, a window appears at the same spot and I suddenly clicked that instead of the crops and bought something useless with gold.
  • toets2toets2 Posts: 8
    edited 12.11.2014
    A lot of members now why they lost there money. Today is the second time i lost a lot off money(3000) and i really don't now how. Didn't do anything special. Sent allready an e-mail but it looks like it's an easy way to let members buy gold
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 12.11.2014
    Since the great happiness-upgrade i stopped buying and spending gold. At that moment there was litlle under 100k gold on the account. Dispite the fact that gold was added through bonuses the actual amount kept decreasing.
    Unintentionally clicks, buying unwanted books etc. did the work they where there for in the first place.
    Unfortunate i dont belong to the group of the happy five (out of 25 million) that are so smart they never make/made that mistake. This morning i noticed that the remaining gold, 86k, was reduced to 66k. 20K actually went missing. I wasn't even playing when this happened.

So now im facing a new challenge, the best challenge this game gave me in months:
    Should i spend the rest of my gold on unwanted 'stuf' or should i leave the gold and wait till it dissapears al by itself?

What is this, a glitch, a display error, should i clear the cache, blame flash or mozilla or should i go with my gut feeling and assume it was a rodent.

Since i dont believe in a gold-evaporate-bug i dont see the point in telling GGS something they are well aware of.

I dont need a refund, but you could do me the favour of donating this money to the only person that actually most be doing a hell of a job over there. Please give my money to the nanny.

Yours sincerely,Trippel.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 28.11.2014
    Well hi :(
    I did not know where to post this thread but i lost my haunted castle:cursing: i earned through 15 days hard work. I was just rearranging my farm and it got demolished .
    I know it was not the ggs's fault but still...i want it back
    Plus can you please give us an alert each time after we click to demolish? It happened to me a lot.. these accidental clicks...especially i lost gold many times while hovering my cursor to check the time left for different harvests and clicked that "finish-with-gold" arrow accidentally.
    But the main issue here is my haunted castle. Is there any way. Come on i can claim it for not introducing that "alert" option :evil:..(i mean i have a point)
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 28.11.2014
    Hey Janiee,

you can try to contact our Support team (you'll find a link in my signature) and explain the situation :( I'm not sure if they can help though, but it's worth a try.

Greetings,
    Timo
  • LadyVaderLadyVader Posts: 28
    edited 28.11.2014
    There is a "are you sure you want to demolish"...
    edited 29.11.2014
    LadyVader wrote: »
    There is a "are you sure you want to demolish"...

oh ..u r right there is..i clicked on my flower bed to check..but i don't know when did it vanish ..within few seconds it just disappeared..i don't remember any option like this popped up to alert me...was that a bug? or was that my illusion..but i don't remember even clicking the demolishing option...
    it just disappeared all of a sudden..i don,t remember doing anything..i just was rearranging my main-farm :huh:

I will try discussing it with the support though ...:S..it's worth a try..
    edited 19.12.2014
    Another Accidental Click sigh...
    Hi!
    I accidentally set my horse free that i have been training ever since i started my horse -ranch. It happened on my other account. My all progress vanished in a second and i did not get any alert like "are you sure u want to set your horse free". Now i can not end up being a granny doing it again it is a BIG DRAG:cursing:. I was actually trying to comprehend how to breed the horses. I will contact support later so please consider it :(.

edit> It means all my money i invested in the island farm events has gone to waste however i wonder if things can be undone in a game but don't take it as an excuse please.
    Thanks
    Your lil farmer
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 19.12.2014
    ehhh, how many warning do you want?
    When you click at the "Set free" button you get this (also if you click that button by an accident):
    Attachment not found.

Do you want one more warning like: "Now really think a lot about it, do you really want to set this horse free? (Y/N)
    edited 19.12.2014
    Oh I swear i don't remember getting this warning it might be a bug or sigh..my illusion:S?
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 19.12.2014
    Sorry to say, it must be your memory about that warning.
    For you, you just now have tested the "set free" button again, on both my farms, and here's the result from mmy us farm:
    Attachment not found.
    and here the result from my skn farm:
    Attachment not found.

Have you carefully read the instructions for the horse breeding process? (it's very important reading if you want to breeding with your horses.
    - And yes I myself have read all of it several times, when I translate it to danish for my non-english speaking friends.
  • mbeliever (US1)mbeliever (US1) Posts: 686
    edited 19.12.2014
    Did you get your haunted castle situation resolved? If not, did you check your storage inventory? It is possible you might have clicked the store button, as that makes it disappear from the farm but it will be in your inventory.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 20.12.2014
    yes, curious minds want to know if you got it back.
    edited 20.12.2014
    mbeliever wrote: »
    Did you get your haunted castle situation resolved? If not, did you check your storage inventory? It is possible you might have clicked the store button, as that makes it disappear from the farm but it will be in your inventory.
    Oh do we have inventory also i did not know about it. OF COURSE i checked it in my inventory m,ore than once
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    yes, curious minds want to know if you got it back.
    I actually did not contact support...
    Okay i think my horse was gone bcoz of breeding. I did not know it would disappear, that's y i kept on saying i did not set it free..samething happened with my castle..
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 20.12.2014
    It's obvious you do not know what you are doing.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.12.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    It's obvious you do not know what you are doing.

Hee! Hee! It always cracks me up when you say things like that, rhinana! :p
  • Gambit8Gambit8 Posts: 42
    edited 30.12.2014
    I just started a few days ago, and I very nearly quit the game when this happened to me. The thing is, the interface was still very new to me, I didn't know "how" to be careful yet, and I still have no idea how much gold I spent with that wasteful click because it happened so fast.
This discussion has been closed.