Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

co-op reform.

dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
so ive been playing for over a year now and have noticed that cooperatives,one of the biggest features in the game,get little to no attention at all when it comes to updates.since i started playing we have gotten a tree and the shovel count.whoopty doo.so i was thinking,with project 2014 nearly over(thank God)how about focusing some attention on improving co-ops?

a few suggestions:

rewards for project participation:1000 corn=1000$ and so on.

bigger co-op tree/more rewards:get things like feed,fertilizer,event items etc from the tree.

collectable prime day: prime day to get co-op collectables.

co-op events:events where players win cash,gold and collectables for their co-ops.

higher level/new projects: projects for food and flower farms and higher levels for normal projects.

higher level research:be able to double or even triple the effects of current research.

co-op achievements:x amount of golden shovels,x amount of cash donated etc.

seriously ggs,do something.
Post edited by dragonpride on

Comments

• MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 20.08.2014
    i think those are good suggestions..but i hope that GGS would think the same..
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 20.08.2014
    Yes, very good suggestions, dragonpride! :) On top of those I would also dearly love to see a feature in messaging system where I can send a message to my deputies only and so could they - it's a nuisance, having to copy and paste each message several times!!!
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.08.2014
    Hey dragonpride,

those are some nice suggestions you presented there.

I wrote all of them down and will check if some of these ideas can maybe implemented after project 2014 is finished. :)

If you have any more cooperative related suggestions up your sleeves, make sure to post them! All of you!

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Bosbes68Bosbes68 Posts: 27
    edited 20.08.2014
    How about a reward for the time that is left when finishing a project? Like p.e. a few pieces of gold for the coöp for every hour that was not used.
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 21.08.2014
    I have a suggestion how about letting the coops that no longer have any need for cash and gold use that money that is in the coffer 2 buy collectibles cause 2 b honest My coop has nearly $900 million and it just sits there doing absolutely NOTHING also we have 630,000 gold doing nothing and getting larger as we level up. Is it possible to let that massive amount of money be distributed like 1 time a year only IF the co-op chooses to. So this way if they still need the gold and dollars then they can keep them but if not let the players have it. Otherwise for those of us in the larger co-ops just get frustrated when we level up because that money and gold are USELESS.
  • ss420 (IN1)ss420 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 50
    edited 21.08.2014
    i agree u vickyfarmer.. :)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 21.08.2014
    Some kind of coop box where players could drop things in that they no longer need....Like toolboxes for players that finished all their machines... so that the coop could give them back out to other members that still need them. Afterall isn`t that what a coop is all about, helping each other. ^^

Maybe even combine that with Vickys suggestion for a use for coop gold, by allowing the coop to buy items for the box to give to members.
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 23.08.2014
    Dragonpride--
    I absolutely agree with you 110%, some new projects would really be great.. Your ideas were great also!
  • Lady VenusLady Venus Posts: 3
    edited 23.08.2014
    I totally agree. Great suggestions. Especially the idea of having coop events or maybe even coop missions which are rewarded with collectibles. How about a little healthy competition between coops ?
  • edited 25.08.2014
    I have a suggestion how about letting the coops that no longer have any need for cash and gold use that money that is in the coffer 2 buy collectibles cause 2 b honest My coop has nearly $900 million and it just sits there doing absolutely NOTHING also we have 630,000 gold doing nothing and getting larger as we level up. Is it possible to let that massive amount of money be distributed like 1 time a year only IF the co-op chooses to. So this way if they still need the gold and dollars then they can keep them but if not let the players have it. Otherwise for those of us in the larger co-ops just get frustrated when we level up because that money and gold are USELESS.

I just got to know... How on Earth did you get 630,000 gold over what is needed? Why did people donate gold if there wasn't a use for it right then (hopefully someday, but not yet).

I would love to have that issue right now in my co-ops! Too many other things for people to do with their gold to just donate it for no particular reason (hard to get donations when there IS a reason!).

Adding some new projects would be good. I don't see why there couldn't be collectables bought with co-op gold, even if they don't do the dollars... You either pay gold to fill them up to run them, or donate the gold and fill them up and run them from co-op funds. The option is already there for gold for a player, why not for the co-op too (at least once the research is complete).

Disagree with RunsWivScissors... I don't want to have the toolboxes, etc in a collective box to give to other players though... That takes too much away from the gameplay. Plus, new machines or levels of machines may come out at some point. Same with decorations, no collective share with everybody thing going on. If you don't want decos, demolish them for cash. I worked hard for my stuff, why make it so easy on others to get where I am?

Lady Venus... No such thing as healthy competiton between co-ops!! There is almost no such thing as healthy competition in missions! People go crazy over the "gold users" and people who are on different levels and in the same group as them, leaderboard leaders, etc already... No way would that be any better with co-ops competing against each other in missions. The bit of competition we get with personal missions is good enough. This is a farming game, it's not meant to be massively competitive to begin with.

Just my thoughts on it.
  • Kevin3Farmer2Kevin3Farmer2 Posts: 36
    edited 26.08.2014
    Really great suggestions. I particularly like incorporating ways for the coop to help its members, or for the members to help each other. If it cost some of that excess money, that might keep GGS happy because it would encourage further donations, and would not hurt us at all if we didn't do it.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 29.08.2014
    I came online just to write the same ideas so thanks for posting them!

My cooperative has a lot of stable members that contribute a lot but we are still finding that our new members just don't get it. They don't come online, they don't participate and so the shovels next to their names are minimal or non-existent.

Rewards for say, the top 5 contributors to the coop, could make members interested in coming online, and participating. I know that the high level members would still rank pretty high in their project activity, I'm pretty sure that the shovels take in account the level of the farm so it's relative, right?

So what could the rewards be? GGS isn't going to hand out gold but what about reasonable items like 1) collectible items, 2) dollars, 3) 1 unit of premium feed/fertilizer/humus, or 4) gold -hey it's worth a shot-

Reward participation in research projects, and cooperative projects. Not so much dollars or gold donations.

PLEASE do something GGS. I have been my coop's leader for a few months and booting people and inviting constantly is so frustrating and time consuming.

Many thanks.
  • NeoniteNeonite Posts: 64
    edited 29.08.2014
    I totaly agree with you.

At our Coöp it's the same old story.
    The regulars are working the hardest, but the new members work like sh*t. :cursing:

There must be a way to get those new members more active.
    And an extra reward would work fine I think.

When you have Gold or Dollars to spare...
    Why not use it. ?(
  • WinnerGold4 (US1)WinnerGold4 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 29.08.2014
    I have a suggestion that has been kicking around in my head for a while now. How come co-op members cannot just add whatever collectibles they have and have another coop member add what they can until the co0llectible is full for example
    Take wild about apples needs 840 tickets and 266 teamwork puzzle pieces and 490 buckets..
    Farmer Ann has 440 tickets 166 puzzle pieces 290 buckets she was to help her coop but that is all she has
    Farmer Bob has 200 tickets 50 puzzle pieces and 100 buckets
    Farmer Clyde has same as Bob
    No one in the coop has all they need just parts of what they need

Why cant they just put in what they have and then it is full then they can do that project.. More people get to add things and feel like they are contributing to their coop ..
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 29.08.2014
    I think this is a great idea. I know I've seen it mentioned in the past too. The drop rate for collectibles seemed to go down as well but maybe it was resolved. It would be helpful to the coops struggling to get their new members to participate to still level up by donating whatever collectibles they have on hand.

Our coop is wonderful. We have a great group of active users and we used to be ranked 15 better than we are now. But in the past we gave a lot of lower level people chances and recruited them. Now they aren't doing much at all and we've slipped a lot. But like most other coops still trying to advance I've booted a lot more people than I've been able to keep.

More and more people are just interested in having all the benefits of a cooperative, without putting in the effort. When the coops that don't need gold or dollars anymore, because they've maxed out all the research, recruit those higher level players, other coops suffer.

But with the coops being the least important aspect of this game, it seems to GGS with all these new features, who could blame them? Why be in a lower ranked coop when you can be in a coop that just needs you for the cooperative projects? Why be in a coop that needs your gold and dollars when you can be in a maxed out research one and just enjoy the rewards? When I see top ranked coops, that have no need for donations, recruiting mid/high level players in the forum I do get discouraged. I have no chance of recruiting someone that has had a bad coop experience. It's frustrating and I feel like when I send out invites, higher level people aren't interested in a coop that is trying to advance. They've been there and done that.

Please consider doing something to make the coops more enjoyable. NO it doesn't mean add more gold-dependent research. We're asking to please do something to reward new and existing members for their consistent participation in research and cooperative projects.

Thank you.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 29.08.2014
    I have a suggestion that has been kicking around in my head for a while now. How come co-op members cannot just add whatever collectibles they have and have another coop member add what they can until the co0llectible is full for example
    Take wild about apples needs 840 tickets and 266 teamwork puzzle pieces and 490 buckets..
    Farmer Ann has 440 tickets 166 puzzle pieces 290 buckets she was to help her coop but that is all she has

Why cant they just put in what they have and then it is full then they can do that project.. More people get to add things and feel like they are contributing to their coop ..
    you'll have better luck getting obama to talk about benghazi that getting a satisfying answer to this question.its one of those questions ggs likes to pretend doesnt exist.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 02.09.2014
    I have a suggestion that has been kicking around in my head for a while now. How come co-op members cannot just add whatever collectibles they have and have another coop member add what they can until the co0llectible is full

Do not suggest anything that will reduce the amount of gold players spend. It's that simple.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 02.09.2014

you'll have better luck getting obama to talk about benghazi that getting a satisfying answer to this question.its one of those questions ggs likes to pretend doesnt exist.

Actually GGS did answer this question before. The answer was something like if we can add our collectables together as a group they would have to increase the amount of collectables needed for the projects. So basically it wouldn't really benefit us in the long run. Sorry but its late here & I'm not in the mood for digging up the post with the answer.....:sleeping:
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 02.09.2014
    jess_d wrote: »
    Actually GGS did answer this question before. The answer was something like if we can add our collectables together as a group they would have to increase the amount of collectables needed for the projects.

...because a lot of players spend a lot of gold on the collectables needed to start projects. So if the collectables are more easily put together, unless the amount required were increased, then GGS wouldn't be making as much money selling gold to players who use it to buy collectables.
  • WinnerGold4 (US1)WinnerGold4 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 02.09.2014
    Jess_d ....Usually I try to check to see if a question was asked or an Idea mentioned before I say anything, so I am sorry I didn't realize this was mentioned before..
    Aphasia I guess your right, it would reduce the gold buying so it does make sense.

I don't buy gold that often there has to be a really great sale , not because I am cheap I am just unemployed. I like the game so I thank those who can support the game by buying gold when they can. I actually never thought of it in the gold buying aspect on collectibles..

WOW I must be getting senile.. I actually never saw the shopping cart for buying gold under the collectibles until it was just mentioned..
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
    edited 04.09.2014
    Hy everybody,
    Firstly, I really want to appreciate the fact that Nafaru or Laten are always present here on the forum and respond each time very promptly.
    Nafaru said two days ago that they working on new co-op projects.
    That's good news, but I have some suggestions that will really make a boost for players satisfaction as well as for the gold spending.
    Technically speaking, in a co-op, the members really must to make co-op projects, until the co-op reaches level 56..at which the last research is unlocked from the level point of view - I believe is the soap box research, level 3.
    From there, any co-op project is made only because members want, until they getting bored (at that levels, 150 gold or the dollars received for each level means almost nothing).
    Currently, my co-op has reached level 73, and has position 71 in the standings (from almost 14,000 co-op).
    So, for such a co-op and it's members, any new co-op project will not represent a new and strong motivation unless:
    I will give the example of the charity event, to understand me better...
    if you rank between 101 and 1000 you get +1 happiness bonus to your telescope
    if you rank between 4 and 100 you get +5 happiness bonus to your telescope
    and if you rank between 1 and 3 you get +10 happiness bonus to your telescope
    Nafaru, if you will implement such a system for the co-ops standings , with different rewards, according to the position of the co-op in the standings, will be fantastically.
    For example, it's just an example... if the co-op ranks between 501 and 1000 on the standings, all of it's members should get a +25 happiness bonus to their farms...
    If the coop falls behind the 1000 place..they will get nothing
    If they rise in the standings, reaching positions between 251 and 500, they will get a +35 bonus,,,
    and so on..if they stand between 101 and 250, they will get a +50 bonus,
    if they stand between 51 and 100, they will get a +60 bonus,
    if they stand between 11 and 50, they will get a +75 bonus,
    and what co-op is in the top 10, than all of it's members should get a +100 bonus happiness to their farms.
    Instead of happiness you could think at any other temporal advantages that will increase or decrease according to the co-op position in the standings.
    That will strongly stimulate the competition between co-ops, they will rise or fall in the standings, so they will try to make as many co-op projects to earn many points and rise on the standings to get the bigger bonuses.
    AND SO, the selling of the collectibles will rise up in the sky Nafaru, especially, if you do another thing:
    Put some offers with some discount for collectibles when Omar shows up... and you will have a boom of selling.
    Please, other players may come with suggestions about what bonuses could the co-op members get if their co-op is situated high in the standings.
    Thank you very much for reading this, and hope you will have it in mind...
    Regards, Clinn
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 09.09.2014
    clinn wrote: »
    Hy everybody,
    Firstly, I really want to appreciate the fact that Nafaru or Laten are always present here on the forum and respond each time very promptly.
    you're being ironing, yes? :D
    clinn wrote: »
    Nafaru, if you will implement such a system for the co-ops standings , with different rewards, according to the position of the co-op in the standings, will be fantastically.
    Your idea is very good, congratulations :)
    I can't dare to hope that it will be implemented, though... If they were looking for bright ideas, many thing would have been done already from this forum alone, and the game wouldn't be facing doom right now... But I'm sure they are not. They have their "geniuses" at the office, they are happy with the game, they think everything is OK, money are still coming.. why bother thinking about the future? They won't stay at this job for more than 1-2-3 years, so why bother?
  • AlainaSAlainaS Posts: 47
    edited 09.09.2014
    Great suggestions. It would be nice to have some incentives for members to stay active in the co-ops. The co-op I am a part of is having trouble getting members to participate in weekly challenges. Leaving the rest of us to have to use our gold just so we can finish a project on time.
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198
    edited 15.09.2014
    Thank you Alex_mosu and AlainaS for your appreciations on my post nr. 22
    Now, I will propose you a new idea, with a positive impact on the co-ops, but also with a positive impact over
    GGS gold selling if they will decide to apply it some day.
    First of all, the ideas of dragonpride with achievements for co-ops and bigger level research are great,
    but they should imply a small difficulty to count them and respectively more money needed for the co-cop.
    To resolve all of these, my idea is to have a COOPERATIVE BARN
    How it's works:
    We're talking about co-ops, but in fact, a co-op doesn't have it's own barn from which more products could be sold at at better (higher) price.
    The capacity of the co-op barn will be equal with the sum of the current barn capacities of all of it's members.
    For example, if a co-op has 4 members, and each of them has a capacity of 750, 1000, 1000 and 1250, then the co-op barn will have a 4000 units capacity. If one member upgrades it's barn from 750 to 1000, then the new co-op barn capacity will be 4250.
    The members will be able to donate products from their farms to the co-op barn , until the barn reaches it's maxim current capacity.
    The leader of the deputies will be able to sell the products at the current co-op prices and the money will go into the co-op account.
    Counting the achievement will be much easy, having now the possibility to count the products donated to the co-op barn.

Up until now...a normal idea....now comes the special:

Following the Omar example, once a week, near the farms, will show up a guy that has a chain of retail stores and he's looking for new providers for it's business.
    A co-op can be it's newest provider. He will make different offers like Omar does, based on the principle:
    if more products will be sold at once, a better price per unit they will receive.
    Unlike Omar, all the members will see the same offers, but only the leader or the deputies will actually be able to convert the offer in a sell.
    The challenge will be to have a bigger co-op barn and to "hunt" the best offer.
    For example, the guy can offer a price of 45$ per unit if you sell him 4000 apple,
    a price of 57$ per unit if you sell him 40,000 apple at once or
    a price of 62$ per unit if you can sell him at once 60,000 apples.
    The last offer from my example could never show up and thus, the members could be tempted to accept the one with 40,000 apples
    and later the offer with 60,000 could shop up and they will not have any more in the barn that quantities of apples...and this should be really fun and challenge that in the time of this new and fantastic offer the members could mobilize themselves and donate fast to the co-op barn quantities in order to fructify that offer.
    The biggest advantage for GGS will be that all the players will be tempted to convert they barns from red to blue in order to give the co-op barn a higher capacity, so the selling of gold could mark a significant increase.
    Hope both players and GGS will like my idea and I wait your feedback.
    Thanks a lot for reading this,
    Regard,
    Clinn
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 15.09.2014
    I'll pass on the idea, Clinn, but of course I can't promise anything :) It sounds like a lot of fun though!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file