Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

shells

Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
I just checked I have 2million 250.000 shells 10 days to use them. At moment buy 5 of each normal fruit,or any special seeds if I have none of fruit if ship asks for them each day. Wondering if keep to island comes again.
Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on

Comments

• White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 04.09.2014
    Island will come again. So you can get more shells, and/save some from this time.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 04.09.2014
    Lesley: i don't know if you have seen one "advice", don't remember who said so, but i think it's good advice.
    If you have millions of shells and need dollars. You can buy an island deco in to your permanent farm and then demolish it. It gives you dollars back, when demolishing.
    Hope you understand what i'm trying to say, with my "not so correct english" ;)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 04.09.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    If you have millions of shells and need dollars. You can buy an island deco in to your permanent farm and then demolish it. It gives you dollars back, when demolishing.

This is true, but why would someone that spent many millions of dollars to get those shells need dollars? It seems like it would be like buying a Rolex watch and later pawning it for cash.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 04.09.2014
    Thanks Dara I bought ornament,1,800,000 shells,built it,bulldozed it got $900,000 I am disappointed with final payout in shells I still had several 1000 island % over there + goods,buildings I had bull dozed 75% So I am glad I got the $900,000 Doubt I will be going to island for a while if it comes back
  • Adrienne_chilisAdrienne_chilis Posts: 141
    edited 04.09.2014
    Don't ever say never Lesley. Give GSS a chance. I'm sure they'll make some adjustments next time around after hearing all out complaints. At least I hope. It's not like we've had the event several times and they kept everything the same. Remember everybody, this was the first time the Island event was here. We tried it, voiced our opinions, now lets give GGS the chance to fix the things we were disappointed in.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 05.09.2014
    This is true, but why would someone that spent many millions of dollars to get those shells need dollars? It seems like it would be like buying a Rolex watch and later pawning it for cash.

Maybe because that someone spent those millions to get those shells... ;)

I didn't, need my dollars in my main farms:) Dodn't have too much shells, didn't even buy those decos to main farm, but let's see what happens next time.....
  • nana28282nana28282 Posts: 133
    edited 05.09.2014
    I still have millions of shells left after buying 10 oasis decos and special seeds. Can we use the shells for anything after the trader leaves? Or keep them for the island when it returns?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 05.09.2014
    nana28282 wrote: »
    I still have millions of shells left after buying 10 oasis decos and special seeds. Can we use the shells for anything after the trader leaves? Or keep them for the island when it returns?

I suppose we get to keep them, but can only spend them on seeds and decos.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 05.09.2014
    Using the output on the basic level of the Greenhouse, and taking the highest of the LOW offers the ship would take, and using the assumption that the ship will ask for each fruit roughly equal number of times. I guesstimated that for every 4 Melon seeds you buy, you should buy 10 Pineapple, 16 Grapefruit and 33 Lime seeds. Of course this costs just over 4 million shells. Adjustments and rounding may have to be made. And of course, this is just a guess based on a potentially faulty assumption. Results may vary, so use at your own discretion. :)

-Y
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 05.09.2014
    nana28282 wrote: »

Aside from buying the decos, the only use we know of for shells (so far) is to convert them into horseshoes for the horse ranch.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 05.09.2014
    Just hold on to them, nana, till the next time B.Buddler comes back with his green truck. Maybe the next time he comes around, we will know more about the paddock, the use of horseshoes, and what tropical fruits to grow.
    Just trade enough shells now with Benny for tropical seeds, as you think are approximately (because one can only guess) needed the coming period for Captain Barnacle. Hold on to the rest for the future, when things about the paddock, etc. might become more clear! :)
  • nana28282nana28282 Posts: 133
    edited 05.09.2014
    thanks for all of your suggestions, everyone. Much appreciated :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file