Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

co-ops coming and luring your members away

BonneiBonnei Posts: 7
Okay our co-op has a problem with another co-op inviting our members to their co-op with promises of gold being paid to them. I don't think its right that ..... is to take all of our co-op members this shouldn't be allowed to happen.X( VERY VERY ANGRY

Edit by farmerTess: Please no name and shame, thanks
Post edited by Bonnei on

Comments

• ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 22.12.2013
    That's wrong but could you censor the name of the co-op? If you don't the mods will :)
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 22.12.2013
    They can't 'pay' someone gold. All they can do is say we don't want gold donations as they will pay all the necessary gold fees

Also if a member leave on that basis, do you really want them as a member?

Finding good, loyal, members is hard work, but when you get the right team together it will be so much better than the fly-by-nights who followed the gold promises
  • CoolDude20 (INT1)CoolDude20 (INT1) Posts: 19
    edited 22.12.2013
    SIMPLE

if they want to go let them go... they dnt deserve u..........
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 22.12.2013
    I am afraid there is nothing we can do about co-ops poaching another Co-ops members. Members are free to move to other co-ops as they wish.

However that all said, I really do not think its nice to name and shame :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 22.12.2013
    Well in the real gameworld, its NOT DONE to actively recruit from other guilds, co-ops or alliances. There they Always get on a NAME and SHAME wall of infame.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 24.12.2013
    Oh everyone does it! I wasn't aware of it until a few months ago when other co ops were trying to poach me and I'm the leader of my own cooperative. I don't really see anything wrong with it, if a member of your cooperative wants to waste all dollars and gold they donated to the team only to leave and go somewhere else later its their loss. Its all about loyalty so i don't mind if my members are tested and tempted by offers from time to time.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 24.12.2013
    Yes, sadly this is a thing, and it's happening on other servers, too.

On the other hand, every player should be free in his decision of cooperative, so there's not much from our side we could do to help. If your coop is worthwile, the members won't be tempted :)

Festive greetings,
    Timo
  • edited 24.12.2013
    To the best of my knowledge, our recruiters have always tried to get people with no co-op to join us. The exception is when we recently recruited an entire co-op with the exception of 2 of its members who chose to stay and continue with the old one... but this was done with the complete agreement of ALL of the members of the co-op we absorbed into ours.

GGS would have loved it... we spent quite a bit of gold on several levels of Recruitment research in order to be able to do this.
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 24.12.2013
    I have also seen where they say come to our co op and we'll give you free gold. I do however think this is wrong. My co op does not offer free gold so therefore someone is likely to go there before they come to my hardworking co op. I think this should be wrong though for the simple fact that you can't give gold. I do also think there should be a warning sent to these co op who lie to get players. Then if found to be doing the same thing, the co op should be dismantled and EVERYONE in the co op needs to find a new home. Most likely this should stop the "You come here i'll give you gold" scheme. Since Most places have worked hard to get where they are, they most likely won't want to throw it all away over a lie. I had messages from the same co op numerous times... OH and i think you SHOULD name and shame. If they didn't want it like that they'd play fair like everyone else right. See if you go to one of those sites that say they offer free gold and you get caught you our out, do not pass go, do not collect 200 CYA BYE. Now same rules should apply to co ops who lie about giving gold...
    edited 24.12.2013
    A coop can NOT give out free gold. Well, in theory they could buy gold for their members' accounts, but it's not possible to gift gold directly to other players in the game.
  • mitoa90mitoa90 Posts: 346
    edited 24.12.2013
    Bribing and corruption in games? have to admit it's quite funny though.
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 24.12.2013
    Is anyone here interested in joining our co-op? : )

I have to admit, I regularly attempt to invite farmers in low level co-ops with the allure of a more active group. I never make false promises either. While poaching isn't for everyone, like Latten said, players are free to leave and join a new group if they see fit.
    edited 25.12.2013
    mitoa90 wrote: »
    Bribing and corruption in games? have to admit it's quite funny though.

Its happening in my co op right now. An ex member that I removed for harassing and bullying our members a few months ago is still pestering me personally (not sure how many others in the co op) with crude messages and threats and also attempting to lure members to his new co op as an act of revenge. He's promising all sorts of things including gold, cash, and other rewards but since he's an active gold buyer I seriously doubt reporting him to GGS will do me any good. There are definetely some weird things occuring in co ops at the moment.......people are forgetting at the end of the day that its just a game.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 25.12.2013
    Gizmo, please report the member to Support so they can deal with this.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • mitoa90mitoa90 Posts: 346
    edited 25.12.2013
    that's weird gizmo, hope everything would be ok after you report it.
    but that's what happens when you named a character from the gremlins, feed them afterhours gaming, and spray them with water.. ;p lol/jk

maybe in 10-20 years we could all laugh about any hostility in games,, then again, maybe not if this one stays this good.
  • edited 25.12.2013
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    Its happening in my co op right now. An ex member that I removed for harassing and bullying our members a few months ago is still pestering me personally (not sure how many others in the co op) with crude messages and threats and also attempting to lure members to his new co op as an act of revenge.

As far as the personal pestering goes, that is what the Ignore button is for but I would also be reporting him first. He can do some damage to your co-op, so you need to nip it in the bud.
    edited 26.12.2013
    Reported him this morning. I don't have high hopes it will do much since he buys a lot of gold so it would be a loss to GGS to ban him. He has also been selective with his wording of messages to me so there's nothing overly brutal word-wise but its still irritating. I had no clue things like this were even happening until one of my members made me aware he was being bullied through the private messaging system and immediately left soon after. I'm starting to see why some high levellers have no interest in being in cooperatives, it must be more common than i think.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 26.12.2013
    If people can be lured from your co-op then at the end of the day they weren't worth having to begin with. Members who are loyal will stay, bottom line.
  • BonneiBonnei Posts: 7
    edited 26.12.2013
    I don't care that the person left shows where her loyalty is, but if they are buying gold for people doesn't that cross a line because they would have to have members passwords in order to get to the screen to buy gold and your not supposed to give out your password. He told my Mom co-op founder and leader we was gonna close us down get everyone in our co-op I don't even know him and he did try to get everyone in our co-op but everyone else stayed.

Thank you guys for your support.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 26.12.2013
    Lol at least you guys are being promised something......... Me and my co-op are receiving invitations from co-ops that are full and they're not saying that they will kick someone........ The plan is just to get us out of our co-ops and that's it -_-
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 26.12.2013
    There is a valid way of buying gold for your co-op members ( I do not do it myself ) but you could buy gift codes for gold and send them the code in a PM so they can use it and buy gold for themselves (I think). You will need a lot of real life money and a very charitable feeling to be willing to do that for your members though... I do not even have the money to buy gold for myself :S

Anyway, if that is not an option then you could ask for their bank account number and send them the money to buy gold from. Both legal ways to give gold to co-op members, but again you would need to be very willing to do so.
  • D-Dub (US1)D-Dub (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 27.12.2013
    I run Dubs Hub. I assume I am the player Bonnei started this thread for... I'll go run to momma now, & tell her I need some milk... In fact, the leader of Bonnei's co-op, asked me to take her players, through a message. Please, put me to shame. There is no shame, in my game. I have read GGS's rules, time & time again. As mentioned in this thread, it happens on the daily. Even to my own co-op. Players need to quit whining about other players, that are following the guidelines. Unlike a majority of people, I think outside of the box. There is a couple legal ways to give gold to other players, a couple of them ways, were mentioned above. If I say something, you can take it to the bank. I dont need to lie to players, to lure them in. I think the ranking of my well ran co-op, speaks for itself. As my co-op description currently states, "BigFarm is a game. The idea is to do the best we can, with the time we have. You can pay more while benefiting less, or you can pay less, while benefiting more.
    Which walk of life do you choose?" The smart ones, the ones I want, would choose the latter... If you wish to keep your players, then be a little more creative. I am one of few co-op leaders, that run contest. Something that is perfectly acceptable, and within the guidelines. I could enlighten you all a bit more, but if i gave away all my secrets, then we'd all be top co-ops... Now, I'm gonna go bribe, lure, con, steal, (whatever you wanta call it) some more players... ;)
  • DEVTHILINIDEVTHILINI Posts: 29
    edited 27.12.2013
    how i get members to my coop?
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 27.12.2013
    Devthilini, I have replied to your post here.
    You should start a new thread in Questions about the game about this. ^^

Devthilini, If they are registered on same server as you then they can directly apply to your cooperative or either you send invitation to those players. You can't send invitation to those who are registered on different server. You can only add players who are on en1.

You can either start a thread in Cooperative Introduction and introduce your cooperative. Make sure you write your server in title of the thread.
    edited 27.12.2013
    Larino wrote: »
    There is a valid way of buying gold for your co-op members ( I do not do it myself ) but you could buy gift codes for gold and send them the code in a PM so they can use it and buy gold for themselves (I think). You will need a lot of real life money and a very charitable feeling to be willing to do that for your members though... I do not even have the money to buy gold for myself :S

Anyway, if that is not an option then you could ask for their bank account number and send them the money to buy gold from. Both legal ways to give gold to co-op members, but again you would need to be very willing to do so.

Yup, those options are possible of course, so are gifted PaySafeCards and stuff like that. I was mostly talking about ingame options to actually gift existing gold currency :)
  • BonneiBonnei Posts: 7
    edited 27.12.2013
    My Mom did not ask him to take our members she said go and ahead and try to take them if you want them try to get them all and oh guess what you only got 1 member so apperently your plan to wipe us out didn't work
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 27.12.2013
    I am a member of a great, friendly and active co-op that is actively seeking new members. Our members regularly get approached by other co-ops asking them to join. If I get chatting to someone in the game and they seem friendly I might ask them how they like their co-op and if they say it's not really active, or indicate they are not really happy then I might ask them if they would like to join our co-op. Sometimes they say no and sometimes they say yes. This is a game, people are free to join whatever co-op they like and move when they choose. It is not unfair, cheating or unsporting to ask a player to join another co-op. Although I would be sorry to see any member of our co-op leave I don't object to other co-ops approaching them. At the end of the day I would rather have loyal members who like the co-op and want to stay with us. If they would rather be part of another co-op, then fine, it's a game, it's not a personal affront. Let's leave the tale-telling and whining 'it's not fair' to the playground. Make your co-op a good place to be, then you won't care whether anyone asks your members to join other co-ops because they won't want to leave. Good luck (-:
  • Moonbeam112Moonbeam112 Posts: 5
    edited 28.12.2013
    This is a game about running a farm as a business. As in all businesses, moving up the success ladder is all a matter of due course.

Joining a cooperative is joining into a group of businesses working together for the common good of all, without harm to the individual's business. When a more desirable position becomes available to the individual businessperson, far be it for anyone to object to the decision made. Well wishes and Sorry to see you go's are all the sentiments that are necessary (and expected) to be expressed, for the good fortune that has become available to said businessperson.

All this talk of 'poaching' & 'stealing' members is just plain ludicrous. The cooperative Does Not Own the individual businessperson in any way, shape, or form. If an offer becomes available, that is acceptable to the business owner, then by all means they should entertain the thought of accepting it. This is, after all is said and done, a free world to come and go in as we please.
  • edited 28.12.2013
    That's true, Moonbeam but having said that, I also extend it further again:

If I am hiring a new person to work in my business, I look at his track record (resume) and if he has a history of jumping from one employer to another over a short period of time, I'm going to feel less inclined to hire him or her because I feel he/she is probably also not going to stay with me for long either.

Leaders of some co-ops DO talk with one another about past members, you know.
  • Moonbeam112Moonbeam112 Posts: 5
    edited 28.12.2013
    Leaders talking to each other about past members can be a good thing, as long as the leaders are truthful, don't exaggerate, & keep their personal 'hurt' feelings out of the business end of things. Keep in mind, the farmer being discussed is not able to present their reason for switching to a different co op. To get the full picture one needs All the information, not just a (perhaps) biased piece of information from a (perhaps) disgruntled leader.

A lot of things must be considered when a farmer is selecting a co op to join, as well as when a co op is selecting a farmer to join them. A farmer wants a good co op and a co op wants a good farmer. Sometimes it takes several tries for both to find a good fit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file