Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hint of Hawaii Event

Comments

• errykaerryka Posts: 29
    edited 30.10.2013
    The amount for cherries level 55+ is incorrect for task 5
    It should be 660 cherries, 4000 apples
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 30.10.2013
    Thanks for the concern erryka. :)
    have you visited your other farms? and back at your main farm? and see the count

Done! :)
    FarmerTess wrote: »
    Collect something else , move to another farm, or water the coop trees then check. You could also clear your cache.

Thank you FarmerTess, clearing caches, Log back and log in also helped. :)
  • errykaerryka Posts: 29
    edited 30.10.2013
    330 cherries from dog house level 7 but didn't count towards event total.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 30.10.2013
    I wonder if the dog's treasure is more like the giftbags? Because those never count when you have to "collect" something; you have to actually harvest it from your fields, etc., but when a task is to donate, you can happily include the worker gifts.
  • edited 30.10.2013
    Got a coconut from the mutt this morning, that was a nice surprise. Better than the 1 dollar anyway.
  • OverbeckOverbeck Posts: 1
    edited 30.10.2013
    Just a thought. When we have these events with special flowers, why do we not get the opportunity to make special bouquets of flowes using the flowers we grow? A Hawaian bouquet, a Japanese, and so on.

Otherwise enjoing the game :D

Overbeck
  • Kakerullen (SKN1)Kakerullen (SKN1) Posts: 243
    edited 30.10.2013
    660 cherry...Then I have to bildt some two cherry right a way. Shell picking take time, but if i wont be stock after picking them i have to start now. :)
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 30.10.2013
    For the 5th task you could use premium fertilizer or super (if you have any) so to minimize duration to two cherry harvests.

Edit: as ss0209 said, only super fertilizer gives more, 390 to be exact at a lvl 5 cherry orchard.
    edited 30.10.2013
    Thanks for the tip. But I do not have that, I use all my super (red) fertilizer on the gourmet farm as soon as I get them. But before next time this event comes I will not use all on almonds. And use only one cerry more, not two like this time. :)

The Premium fertilizer (blue) gives only XP.
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 30.10.2013
    premium fertilizers wont increase the harvest count. They will help you in avoiding the dung collection and fertilizer preparation time.
  • edited 30.10.2013
    doesnt super fertilizer give you an extra 20% on the harvest?
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 30.10.2013
    yeah super fertilizers gives extra. Btw i said premium wont give any extra ;)
    edited 30.10.2013
    ss02092 wrote: »
    premium fertilizers wont increase the harvest count. They will help you in avoiding the dung collection and fertilizer preparation time.

I know that, and it is super (the red) I use on almonds. The blue premium I use on main farm, and the only give XP.

(I will also write it in my answer 1 post up.)
  • edited 30.10.2013
    drop rate of seashells
    apple orchard - 15
    regular corn - 3
    doghouse - 1

add:
    reg. cabbage - 7
    wild flowers - 1

so you dont get anything from mill, silo, composter ??
  • edited 30.10.2013
    ss02092 wrote: »
    yeah super fertilizers gives extra. Btw i said premium wont give any extra ;)

Phew thats ok, I count any thats not the cheap stuff as premium lol.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 30.10.2013
    Yeah, it actually may happen that some of the dog "treasures" don't count at the moment, I know it happens with the seashells - we're already on it and it should be fixed soon. Sorry for that!
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 30.10.2013
    For collecting shells, received 8 from special wheat.

Really like that we get 3 from corn instead of just 1.

I did break down and buy milk to donate. I didn't finish collecting the coconuts until I signed in this morning and didn't really feel like waiting all day for a second harvest from cows. Spent about $200,000.

I also built 2 extra cherry trees for a total of 3 for task 5 (not there yet but will be ready), having to collect 660 cherries would be a killer without it.
    edited 30.10.2013
    I have the same experience that you with corn and spesial weat. Corn give me 12-11?-9 and after spesial corn 15-3 and 12-12-12-6(break with wildflower 0) then 3-12-12-15-9-6 break with wildflower with humus 2, 12-and no i miss only 8 to finish so this is the last editing from me on drops. and on 5 field. I try spesial corn, and it didnt give much more then ordinare corn if I remeber right it was 11 on 5 field. Try spesial corn again and now 34. (11-34)

Cabbage 5 field give me only 9, so I think I will do spesial weat and corn most. Apple give me 70 on 9 apple.
  • Ging (AU1)Ging (AU1) Posts: 53
    edited 30.10.2013
    so you dont get anything from mill, silo, composter ??

yep, you only get seashells from fields and orchards :)
    edited 30.10.2013
    Drops from doghous is they ok now, because the first one didnt count with me.
  • Ging (AU1)Ging (AU1) Posts: 53
    edited 30.10.2013
    Drops from doghous is they ok now, because the first one didnt count with me.

according to Latten
    "Yeah, it actually may happen that some of the dog "treasures" don't count at the moment, I know it happens with the seashells - we're already on it and it should be fixed soon. Sorry for that!"
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 30.10.2013
    I had the same issue yesterday post #45, I wrote that I knew the amount before each harvest and when I harvested anything on my farm the coconuts would not be the same amount I counted. That was the problem all day & every harvest, especially the corn. I got the most from the corn & pig feed. I did the usual clear and cleaned browsers & flashes, go to another farm, visited my coop members farms as well as other farms and it didn't improve at all. It took all day I think around 11:00pm last night when I got that task done, which should have been done hours earlier. I think that the collection/number counter needs to be recalibrate, cause if I can see 10 coconuts and only get 2 that is a big problem. I know it is going to be the same issue with the sea shells and this step will take much longer than the coconuts. Oh I did get coconut from my dog & it wasn't counted either. My question is that this can not always be about caches/browsers/flashes, it because the counter is set that way which can be fixed to count every one and not skip any. I am constantly cleaning/clearing cashes and flashes when I am playing, even logging out and back in has never changed or improved the collection task I have had in any event. I know it is a new event, therefore there are some ticks/bugs to workout but this for me is the same on every event where I have had to collect/find tasks.
    edited 30.10.2013
    Yes i have read that, but I think I got them long after I pick them. When I log out and in, at least two times some shell is picket. And the amont is like what I get from the doghous.
    edited 30.10.2013
    I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how many apples/cherry & cherry blossoms are needed for levels 43-54? I have looked around the forum and the beautiful spreadsheets and I haven't seen it posted yet. I wanted to see how I am going to work out my cherry collections since I have only 1 cherry orchard. Thanks for your help.

EnochNock & Tecumseh
    edited 30.10.2013
    I do not know, but I level 75 and I have to pick 660 cherry. I have only one cherry and bildt to more in this morning. I have seen 440 some place but dont know if it was your level. *edit:440 was level 29 to level 42 som other say.

But I think you will get some probleme with one cherry only. Good look.

(if I see something about cherry on your level I will post it here.)
    edited 30.10.2013
    Kakerullen- Thanks for your answer. I was wondering if I needed ti build another cherry and how will I be able to pull it off now. No free workers and I hate to build a house and have too many workers. Good grief, I need to figure this one out. Thanks again have a great day.

EnochNock & Tecumseh
  • lucy822lucy822 Posts: 89
    edited 30.10.2013
    Its nice to have a change in event :)

Cabbages I found fine as I had enough sp seeds to help, coconuts was surprisingly painless, milk was fine and I too bought the last few but shells - oh my goodness, nightmare!! I just cant seem to get through them....

I have built another cherry orchard for the next bit and they are ready to harvest in a couple of hours - but may need the cherrys for shells at this rate!

Thank you to everyone who makes spreadsheets etc - I find them absolutely invaluable for all tasks :)
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 30.10.2013
    Enoch.... I think the 440 was level 29 to level 42. I have not seen what it is for your range. I would assume with the ranges below and above you being 440 and 660 respectively that it might be around 550.

I built 2 temporary cherry orchards for a total of 3 to get through mine ( level 64). I would suggest building a temp house and orchards, otherwise it could take quite awhile to collect the cherries.

@ lucy..... I agree with you on the shells being a nightmare, and I think it is just worse because you get shells from orchards but need orchards for task 5, to harvest or not to harvest??

I actually just harvested a cherry orchard I was saving, but realized that without it I wouldn't finish in enough time to harvest my apples twice before shutting down for the night. So I need to wait until first thing tomorrow to finish collecting apples anyway. And FYI cherries give 55 shells and apples 15.

Almost done with shells now :S
    edited 30.10.2013
    I have 9 apple but 2 of them is level 1. When I need to bild something fast, I demolish apple, and bildt what the task say I need. I always have 1 free worker on the farm, then I can bild pighouse or cherry and cowhouse if needed. This way I dont have to bild houses and get down on deco.
    edited 30.10.2013
    Thanks ElizabethK and Kakerullen for the advice. I have been staring at my farm wondering how & what to put away so that I could build a temporary cherry orchard. I have 3 apples so the apples may not be a big problem at least I hope not (1 is level 5, 1 is level 3 & 1 level 2). I have been getting seashell each time I harvest corn and pigs for 5 fields level 4, 1 field level3; but a lot of the shells are not getting counted. I gonna back to work on my cherry, I guess if happiness is low for a while is a sacrifice I have to make to finish this event. I was hoping to finish without having to resort to this. Thank you again neighbors.

Does anyone remember Tato? "The plane the plane" or "Book'em Dano"
Sign In to comment.