Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Big Farm Ads [Discussion]

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
You can discuss the Big Farm Announcement here 
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Seriously??? You continue to add more and more "pay to win" features to the game and take away gold rewards from the game, and that is not enough when you have lots of players buying into those features?
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    GGS will lose a hell of a lot of players because of this. This is blackmail buy gold or have ads disrupt your game !
  • Time to quit methinks.

• JackieV (INT1)JackieV (INT1) INT1 Posts: 6
     What was all with our problems being heard and taken into consideration? My mistake for believing that they might remove these ads. 

I buy gold when I want to. I don't want to be forced by anyone!!!!!!!

Oh well, I give up. 

• fatcat (GB1)fatcat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    these awful ads need to stop!
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    I have played this game for over 5yrs now spending many hours on it & I have bought gold in the past but stopped when GGS started to take all the good rewards away to be replaced by junk rewards & too push hard to get you to buy gold, many other players did the same in the hope that GGS would listen to us!

But now these adds take the cake, I WILL NOT BE BLACKMAILED INTO BUYING GOLD!!!! because that is what it is all about, I will leave the game I love before I buy anymore gold off GGS

Also I have to laugh as you aren't allowed to mention other games in the forum as it is against the rules but GGS doesn't see any problem in advertising other peoples games in-game.

Great move GGS, excellent way to alienate your customer base!!!
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    When you are forced to watch these stupid ads it makes you hate whatever is being advertised and you wouldn't buy anything from these companies in a million years.  Suck eggs GGS.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Was'nt or Has'nt this been discussed ? The fact it's now fully operational suggests the last discussion was ignored by GGS as they need the revenue from ads 

So what is the discussion about now ? GGS won't stop running them 
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    When you are forced to watch these stupid ads it makes you hate whatever is being advertised and you wouldn't buy anything from these companies in a million years.  Suck eggs GGS.
    Rotten eggs
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • JackieV (INT1)JackieV (INT1) INT1 Posts: 6
    edited 29.10.2020
    Also what even is this discussion for ? 
    Are we gonna get another "you are heard" comment here?
    Post edited by JackieV (INT1) on
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Buy a Lenovo laptop?  nah sorry I dont really like them however I had a fantastic Toshiba, gee I loved that laptop and am using a Asus at the moment which is doing pretty good..... Thanks anyway.

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 29.10.2020
    The Problem I have with these so called Ad's is the fact that they are not even for other games, (ALL) the Ad's I have gotten are for products you buy & use in real life nothing bout Games at all !! , so what gives? , I refuse to buy gold for this game period cause  it just is not worth it to Me at all, so I guess I will slowly fade away from this game over time, Big Farm is suppose to be around for years to come you say ? , I am doubting that very much at this point, cause all your going to do is lose your player's not keep them. :( , I understand that you claim to need money in order to keep the game going, but shoving Ad's in our faces is not the way to go bout it, nope, & I thought that Vet player's were not suppose to get the Ad's at all, so Why are We still getting them? , not happy bout this .
  • ACS (SKN1)ACS (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 3
    Hi! wish this advertising disappears from my 4 farms, see attachment. I want you to do this immediately, .

• Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    Play with out adertisement- Adveritise with out players

Hahhaaa  :D
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I haven't seen any of these ads yet, but I get the convenience package each month so that must be why.  And if that is the case then the 4.99 is well worth it not to see the ads.

I have been playing this game since 2012/2013 and I have seen a lot of changes over the years.  Some that went over good and some that went over bad.  People will get mad,  vent and either move on or accept it and continue playing.

Right now the ads aren't affecting me, but if they ever do, then I might make another decision then.

• QUESTIONS FOR THE MODS:
    First, thank you mods, this has got to be so hard for you to try and handle.
    Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while.
    Question 2-How long is the gold buy going to negate the ads? For instance, if the BF%Sale for $1.99 for 2250 gold is bought, how long will it prevent ads from reappearing?
    Question 3-Are subscribers still having ads forced on them? They shouldn't...they're paying into the game on a monthly schedule. That should be rewarded by not making them sit thru the ads. I'm not a subscriber. but Including the ad removal as part of a subscription would make me consider one.
    Thank you!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Oh my.   I'd add to the complaints here but it's clear GG doesn't care. 

I've yet to see one so perhaps my adblockers (multiple of them) are stopping it.  
    I have three big farms and even IF I decided to spend money on this game, I'd have to multiply that by three?
    I have spent on this game early on, but it was to buy things that helped my farm.   NOT to turn off some awful ad!

Bottom line here,
    I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH ADS!!!!!
    We cut cable TV years ago because we don't want to pay to watch commercials.
    This game has so many things broken that for YEARS NOW never get fixed.   (Including the log in issue with this forum, resetting my password every time is a pain.)  And you want us to pay for this?
    You put up events that MANY complain about and many more have to come here to TRY and decipher. Several I just ignore because A.  they make no sense or B.  Even if you do try the rewards are so dismal what's the point?
    You get rid of things we do like, replace them with garbage.  And now you expect to sell ad space?
    People here are correct, you will lose many good players.

Maybe that's the goal.  Eliminate free players all together.   Yup, this stunt would do it.  Also will buy you a butt ton of really horrid reviews on every platform out there.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The Problem I have with these so called Ad's is the fact that they are not even for other games, (ALL) the Ad's I have gotten are for products you buy & use in real life nothing bout Games at all !! , so what gives? , I refuse to buy gold for this game period cause  it just is not worth it to Me at all, so I guess I will slowly fade away from this game over time, Big Farm is suppose to be around for years to come you say ? , I am doubting that very much at this point, cause all your going to do is lose your player's not keep them. :( , I understand that you claim to need money in order to keep the game going, but shoving Ad's in our faces is not the way to go bout it, nope, & I thought that Vet player's were not suppose to get the Ad's at all, so Why are We still getting them? , not happy bout this .
    After the official Announcement today the Adverts affect ALL farmers, old and new :-(
  • Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 136
    Reading through the earlier comments and now this thread of comments it is very plain to see that the "powers that be" don't give a crap about the users, they routinely ignore complaint and bug reports from people about the game, then they add in untested "updates" that create more bugs and then ignore the complaints about those as well. The CMs get put into a bad position because it seems they are ignored as well. 

edited 29.10.2020
    QUESTIONS FOR THE MODS:
    First, thank you mods, this has got to be so hard for you to try and handle.
    Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while.
    Question 2-How long is the gold buy going to negate the ads? For instance, if the BF%Sale for $1.99 for 2250 gold is bought, how long will it prevent ads from reappearing?
    Question 3-Are subscribers still having ads forced on them? They shouldn't...they're paying into the game on a monthly schedule. That should be rewarded by not making them sit thru the ads. I'm not a subscriber. but Including the ad removal as part of a subscription would make me consider one.
    Thank you!

1. I don't think so  but will get this confirmed
    2. Gold purchase keeps you ad free for 60 days
    3. It has to be an actual gold purchase, not a subscription
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    edited 29.10.2020

1. I don't think so  but will get this confirmed
    2. Gold purchase keeps you ad free for 40 days
    3. It has to be an actual gold purchase, not a subscription
    Hello Rosy
    Is it for 40 or 60 days?
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
    Ummm    yes :-)

Corrected!
    edited 29.10.2020
    @JamieFraser (US1)   "Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while."

Apparently it WILL stop the adverts .... for 60 days

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 29.10.2020
    here is an simple solution, get an raspberry Pi & micro SD card, install pihole, set it as your dns server, and the most ads are gone at all devices at your home.

if you don not know how to do it: google it
    installation help: https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/pathways/getting-started-with-raspberry-pi 
    pihole setup: https://pi-hole.net/

greets and succes
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Very interesting!
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    Why not rewarding people who watch the ads ?
    give a little bit of gold to those who watch ads, incentives works way better in real life too, instead of punishment, and, it does not cost you anything, gold is not real, is only digital cluther
    this is bad, i do not see this game surviving
    cause, 60 days will turn into 30, and so on and on.....and soon they will put a minimum amount on it, and raising it
    not even subscriptions count, LOL, time to reconsidder them all
    very very agressive policy in THE MOST HORRIBLE TIMES PEOPLE HAVE EVER BEEN THROUGH
    you take take more and more, and give less and less to nothing in return
    that is saying a lot of what kinda people you are :(((((((((((

• Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    Ummm    yes :-)

Corrected!
    Hmm cause I'm not sure if their next move is to reduce 60 to 40 days next if that is what is planned. 
    Oh well I guess I'll stick to ad blocker. 
Sign In to comment.