Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Contest : BigFarm MASTERCHEF [Winners Announced]

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
edited 19.09.2020 in Contests & Awards

Big Farm Masterchef

Devise a tasty dish to feed your hungry Moderation Team

It must include at least 4 ingredients that you can produce on your farm.

Plus as many more as you like. Sweet or savoury … we don't mind as long as it's delicious

The recipe does not have to be original but the photo MUST be what YOU cooked!

List the ingredients and and give the method, and, most importantly, a photo

ChickadeeQuilter. WillyBigFoot, BugsBunny and myself will then award points from 1 to 5

The 4 dishes with the most points will receive 4,000 gold

The next 4 will be given  2,000 gold plus 10 seaweed fertilizer and 10 seaweed feed

And the next 4 will get 1,000 gold plus 5 seaweed fertilizer and 5 seaweed feed

Ready, Steady. …. get COOKING

The competition will finish on 14th September

Then watch out for another interesting, and challenging competitions with more valuable prizes

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• Mac (AU1)Mac (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14
    Is it a typo that this competition finishes on 14th February when it's September tomorrow?  That's a very long time for a competition to be held.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 31.08.2020
    @Mac (AU1) It most certainly was !!

Thank you :-)

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Is there a limit of how many entries we can have?
    And, do we post them here or PM them to you?
    edited 04.09.2020
    No limit to number of entries. But only one prize per person :(

And please post here to show your hard work off to the other farmers :)

edited 01.09.2020
    Not sure if this is what you meant, but this is my interpretation;

This morning when I went out to gather eggs from my chickens, I had to shoo away a fox that managed to get into one of the coops. Sadly it killed one if the chickens, so I brought it to the slaughter house. Well, at least we’ll have chicken for dinner! After breakfast I went to check on the rest of my crops. Rice is ready, and I think – that sounds great with chicken! So I gather some up. Next I picked some olives & ran them through the distillery; I’ll need that olive oil in my pan to cook things up tonight. Then I picked vegetable crops, the corn especially looked quite tasty to add to dinner (along with a few others), so I shucked some of that and cut it off the cob. As the rice was cooking, I started to scramble up some of the eggs and was thinking that dinner needed just 1 more flavor, then it hit me; Berries from the winter temp farm! I dried some last winter, that’d be great flavor to add. So, once the eggs were scrambled I threw all the rest into the pan and fried ‘em up. Top with a sprinkle of sugar from the last candy farm (and a few other spices), and voila; my own variation of chicken fried rice. Yum!

Big farm ingredients; 1) chicken, 2) eggs, 3) rice, 4) olives, 5) olive oil, 6) corn, 7) winter berries, 8) sugar

(or 7 if you count the olives/olive oil as one)

edited 02.09.2020
    Perfect entry  :) ,

You don't have to add a story, ingredients, method and photo are enough,  but you may get more points if you do!
  • Emperor AY (INT1)Emperor AY (INT1) INT1 Posts: 244
    Hello All :smile: hope you are fine  :blush: & safe :mask:
    First I want to thank you  @ROSYSTARLING for this contest :smiley:
    so  It seems that the management team was invited to attend a dinner at one of the fanciest seafood restaurants
    Let's see the meals that make up this dinner ...........................................................................................................
    As an appetizer, two dishes were served

1/ Mushroom soup with cream:
    the ingredients:
    500 g fresh mushrooms.

50 ml of olive oil   

Two tablespoons of flour.

Two small spoons of lemon juice. 

1100 ml of milk.

150 g full-fat cream cheese.

Salt and black pepper
    100 g chopped carrots 

50 ml water

How to prepare:
     Chop the mushrooms into small pieces. Heat half the amount of olive oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and saute them for five minutes, until softened, then set them aside. Heat the rest of the oil in a large saucepan, put the flour and stir it on a low heat for a period of one to two minutes until it turns yellow, then remove the saucepan from the heat and add the milk gradually while stirring well, then put the pot on the fire again and continue cooking on low heat with Stir until the mixture is thick and smooth. Add the cream cheese in batches, then add the mushrooms and squeeze it with lemon juice, stir, add salt and black pepper, then put the saucepan on a low heat again for a period of two to three minutes.Pour the soup into the dishes, put a few slices of mushrooms on top, sprinkle a few chopped carrots and some herbs and serve.

2/Cabbage salad with olives
    the ingredients:
     500 g cabbage, sliced.

2 medium grain of shredded carrots.

A large piece of pickled cucumber, cut into thin slices.
     2 medium green&red apples, peeled and thinly sliced.

Sauce ingredients:
     A tablespoon of lemon juice.

Small spoon of salt.
     Two tablespoons of mayonnaise.
    ++
     ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
     Two tablespoons of cream.

To decorate:
    Crushed walnut.

Olives are sliced.

Pomegranate seeds.
    How to prepare
    Place cabbage, carrots, apples, and cucumbers in a deep bowl, and stir the vegetables to mix.
    Preparing the sauce:
     Put the cream, juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a deep dish and using a fork, stir the ingredients to get a smooth sauce.Distribute the sauce over the vegetables, flip them to mix with the sauce, and put the plate in the refrigerator for about an hour. Pour the salad into a serving plate, spread the olives, pomegranates, and walnuts, then serve.

As for the main dish:
    3/Salmon mixed with honey and mustard
    the ingredients:
     A whole piece of salmon fillet.

Three tablespoons of mayonnaise.
    ++
     One and a half tablespoon of mustard.
     A tablespoon of honey.

One tablespoon of vinegar

A tablespoon of citrus juice

Salt and black pepper.

How to prepare:
    Mix mayonnaise, mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl. Put the salmon in a cooking tray on which aluminum foil is laid, and put the previous sauce mixture on it. We put the tray into the oven at a temperature of one hundred and ninety degrees Celsius for about half an hour.Then served hot.

After this delicious dinner, a dessert was served

and 
    Done
    Hope it's good & good bye & Happy Farming 
  • WillyBigFoot (FormerMod)WillyBigFoot (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 142
    edited 02.09.2020
    WOW YUMMMMMMM
    @Heather Norsk (US1) and @Emperor AY (INT1) YES !!! Those are some Fantastic entries.
    My mouth is watering.
    @Emperor AY (INT1) , Great Job. I have a question, Did you really cook all those dishes you have pics of. In other words, are those pictures of the actual dishes you prepared?
     <3 
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Yummy food!   :*

This contest is getting me more excited!   ;)
    edited 02.09.2020
    Well, I am still trying to think of something more appetizing, but almost every meal here at our house meets this contest requirements - LOL

For example, today I made childhood favorite for everyone!  Took some wheat (1), ground it up, added a little sugar (2) and spring water (3), mixed them together with some yeast & left it to rise. Sent the kids out to pick grapes (4) and a bucket to smash them up in, while I went to the neighbor's to get some peanuts. When I returned, I stuck the bread in the oven, put the smashed grapes in a pot with some sugar beets (5), then ground the peanuts down and added a little olive oil (6) and honey (7) to make the peanut butter.
    Put 'em together for a classic PB&J!
    (Would be great with a nice cold glass of milk, but sadly we are out. Please BYOM ! - and don't ask what happened with the cows and goats - long story)

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542

Cherry and Almond  Pudding Cake

Ingredients
    3 EGGS
    90g MILK
    90g vegetable or sunflower oil
    180g SR flour
    180g caster sugar
    450-500g CHERRIES - fresh or frozen. Both work with a slightly different effect
    50g flaked ALMONDS

To serve
    FROZEN YOGHURT

Method
    1. Beat eggs, milk and oil to a froth
    2. Whisk in sugar and then the flour
    3. Put a single layer of cherries in the bottom of a ceramic or earthenware dish
    4. Pour the batter on top, the remains of the cherries, and sprinkle with almonds
    5. Bake at 180C until the cake is cooked and golden. About 60 mins

Serve with  the frozen yoghurt

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 04.09.2020
    Breakfast Omelet with glass of Almond milk and a banana:
    Omelete ingredients:  Mix all together and put in Microwave Oven for 44 seconds, then stir and bake for another 33 seconds.

1. Egg
    2. Cheese
    3. Cows milk
    4. Sausage
    5. Potatoes
    6. Carrots
    7. Onions

Sides:
    1. Glass of Almond milk
    2. Banana (from the Tropical Island Farm)
    3. Toast (Artisan made) but I topped it with Honey and butter.

OOPS! I ATE IT ALL AND LOVED IT! :D<3

I made extra dessert tonight to share with the mods here. It's so easy, you can make it yourself. Here is the recipe for 2 servings (well, we like it so much it's 2 servings for us).

Peach Crisp

1 large PEACH (or 1 well drained 14.5 oz can) cut into chunks
    3Tbsp brown SUGAR
    2Tbsp quick oats
    2Tbsp flour (ground WHEAT)
    1/4tsp cinnamon
    2Tbsp butter, softened (made from cow's MILK)

Top with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream
    (made tonight with whipped cream; SUGAR, MILK, CORN syrup)

Place peach chunks on bottom of cooking pan. Not piled too thick, but they should at least cover all surface area. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients, mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or microwave for 4-8 minutes on high. Enjoy!

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @FarmerCli (US1)

I swear the Omelette is missing on your entry!

:D
    @FarmerCli (US1)

I swear the Omelette is missing on your entry!

:D
    I know!  And it was sooooo good too!  :o:D:p
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    edited 05.09.2020

Classic Chocolate Cake 

This is probably the best and easiest moist Chocolate cake I've ever made. And the only recipe which actually   worked for me. All the others got burnt.
     Recipe credits goes to one of my coop mate (^ ^). 

Ingredients:

1.  1 3/4 cup flour 
    2. Sugar (2 cups)
    3. Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup ( I used a Dutch processed one)
    4. Baking soda - 1 1/2 Tsp
    5. Baking powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
    6. Salt -1/2 Tsp
    7. 2 eggs
    8. 1 cup milk
    9. 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
    10. Vanilla extract - 2 Tsp
    11. 1 cup boiling water

Method :
    - preheat the oven to 360F / 180 C. Prepare the baking pan by applying a butter paper and set it aside. You could use 2 baking pans.

1. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
    2. Add the milk, eggs, oil and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and beat it until smooth using a standing mixer for about 2-3 minutes.
    3. Pour in boiling water while stirring.
    4. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes.

Keep the cake aside for cooling. You can also add chocolate syrup on top of it. It's best to poke holes using a fork and then add the syrup so that the cake would absorb it.
    Refrigerate the cake for about 2-3 hours. 

Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
    For all of you who got a laugh out of my empty plate of breakfast, I submit this photo of this morning's breakfast (same meal as yesterday):  Now you can drool!  :p:o:D

• WillyBigFoot (FormerMod)WillyBigFoot (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 142
    edited 05.09.2020

Del Delmonico Steak, Mac & Cheese, Black seedless grapes, a Purple Tiger Plum and Sangria

First I started with wheat and rice flour noodles in boiling salted water until quite al dente, They will finish later. At the same time I started another pan with a light drizzle of E.V.O.O and tossed in some Bacon I sliced into about 2 inch pieces and let them render and blessed the piggy.
    I chopped a piece off the giant zucchini we picked today and half of a Orange bell pepper, some scallions and garlic, salt pepper, sauteed at medium heat to soften a bit then added a small handful of Gouda and one of Havarti and 1/4 cup milk, some thyme and basil from the herb garden and stirred to mix and added the noodles. I started another smaller pan for the steak. I cut a 1 pound ribeye in half and blessed the cow. I added a big drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to the heated pan and added a couple of tablespoons of butter. While it’s sizzled I placed tonight’s half the steak in the pan, making sure I slowly placed it in the pan away from me, so I did not get splashed by the hot oil and butter. I left the steak alone, untouched for about three minutes. Then I made a big mug of sangria on the rocks.
    I stirred the noodles, lowered their heat covered them. I flipped the steak added a dollop of fresh butter and basted it for about two minutes then I turned the heat off and let it rest. I got a plate & plated the noodles then the steak and drizzled it with some of the EV00 and butter left in the steak 🥩 pan, took a picture or 3, sat down and enjoyed it!
    after dinner I had to do the dishes since it was a dinner for one last night.
    I don't want any rewards for my entry but, I would accept a cooking Badge if we make one. :-)
     <3 
    Post edited by WillyBigFoot (FormerMod) on
  • Patti Jonessa (INT1)Patti Jonessa (INT1) INT1 Posts: 4
    edited 07.09.2020
    Woodland Wreath Christmas Cake

This is the picture from the recipe

And the ingredients

The cake is simple. Beat everything together apart from the mincemeat and the cherries. Fold them in afterwards.

The icing is made from the butter, the amaretto and the icing sugar all just beaten together.
    So the Big Farm Ingredients : butter, flour(wheat), eggs and almonds.

And my finished result: 

Not quite like the original so hopefully nobody will accuse me of cheating
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I wanted to say that, I also cook  ;)

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Oh yum, BugsBunny, I love stewed rabbit.  My dad raised rabbits for eating! We sure enjoyed eating roasted rabbit!  :open_mouth:  :p
  • ~Asia (INT1)~Asia (INT1) INT1 Posts: 19
    can i put a photo of a dish i prepared but the method and the ingredients as a video from the youtupe
    @Wafaa maghawry  yes if you do it by 12:00 CEST today. :)

edited 17.09.2020
    No further entries accepted

ChickadeeQuilter, BugsBunny, WillyBigFoot and I will give points from 1 to 5 to all valid entries to determine the prize winners

Big Farm MASTERCHEF Winners

Your greedy Moderation team have virtually tasted all your scrumptious recipes and points were awarded

The voting was SO close we have decided to award 2, yes TWO, first prizes to 

Jesse123 (INT1)  for the Classic Chocolate Cake 
    and
    Alaa Ali 1 (INT1) for the The Magic Cream Caramel Cake  -  ''Kudrit Kader'',

And a special mention for FarmerCli for the laugh

Each of them will receive the 
    4,000 gold + 20 seaweed fertilizer  + seaweed feed 
    + an additional prize which is an awesome snack stand!

ALL other valid entries will receive 2,000 gold plus 10 seaweed fertilizer and 10 seaweed feed.

Congratulations to everyone, our mouths are still watering!

AND 

You all get a MASTERCHEF Badge!

• Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    Thank you very much for the contest, Rosy  <3  I really enjoyed baking the cake.
    I would like to give credits to one of my coop mate for the recipe and tips.  :blush:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file