Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse question, someone PLEASE clarify?

ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
I don't know why I can't simply upload an image here, but fine. I'll put them on my site.

Question on training. I have a horse I'm trying to get to level 50. Both it's parents were 40 or above.

Now the blue arrow I was told meant how many points it would advance. Only it's WRONG.
Look at just before I hit start, and the screen shot after he was done.

GRRRRR GEES I can't even use a URL? "Invalid image?" NO IT IS NOT!
Dang it all.

Here. http://artmakersworlds.com/testing/BigFarm/Horse1.jpg

image two
http://artmakersworlds.com/testing/BigFarm/Horse2.jpg

NOT invalid images. But they will NOT load off my computer and won't even load when I use a URL.

Seems this board is just as buggy as the game.
Time for bed.
Post edited by Artmaker on

Comments

• Cookiie4meCookiie4me Posts: 655
    edited 02.09.2015

Add an Image from Url

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif

URL

Retrieve remote file and reference locally

To load a picture you must make sure the box next to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" is not checked. See if that works.

Your 1st picture shows you lack 23 horseshoes to get it up to level 46. So when your training was done, you were still at level 45. The 2nd picture shows this. You got 9 free training points for improving your training circle to level 9. That's what the blue area shows. The "37" is the number of training points you need to get to the next level. This is probably clear as mud, but I hope this answers your question. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 02.09.2015
    What you are missing is the screenshot before you moved the slider to indicate how much training you wanted.
    At that point in time your horse's Strength would have showed as 42. Your 1st screenshot shows that you have selected enough training to raise it to Strength lvl 45 which is +3 lvls above where it was.
    Re your 2nd screenshot, the overall level of the horse is the average of the three lvls of training
    (42+46+46)/3 = 45 (rounded)
    (45+46+46)/3 = 46 (rounded)
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 02.09.2015
    Uncle Johns response is pretty on. But let me try and be more specific:

Picture One:
    The Left Circled part is your horses Breeding Value. If you hover over the heart, it will say this. The Breeding Value of a horse is determined by the average of the 3 abilities: Strength, Endurance, Agility.
    The Middle circled part is the level of that ability (In this case strength. You can hover over the barbells to see the name) AFTER your training will be done.
    The Right Circled part is the level increase in that ability (Still Strength) after the training will be done.

Additional information for picture one:
    Horsehoes: 1960, this is how much that training will cost.
    Yellow Star: 196: +7 : This is how many points your ability will train. 196 is for the 1960 horseshoes you are putting into the training, and +7 is the level of your training area in that ability for a total of 203.
    23 more, 37 more, and 49 more: These number show how much MORE training points you need to put in to level that ability to the next number. Example. If after you finish the training in the picture, you trained this horse in Endurance for Yellow Star: 30: +7.... You would see a X1 blue arrow, and 0 More needed. And when you finished your horse would be Endurance level 47.

Second Pic:
    First Circle where you wrote: Advanced by 1: Since the breeding value of your horse is the average of 3 abilities. If you increase 1 ability by 3 (See x3 Blue Arrow in pic 1), it makes sense that the value went up 1. 3/3=1.
    Second Circle: Nothing here: It doesn't look like its changed because pic 1 is already showing you where you will end up.. So you have ended up there.

I covered the "What does this mean" line in pic one. But let me add information on pic two.
    Do you see how your Strength bar has a blue line? Then is says 14 more? That is because the game is showing you where it would be if you hit train now. With Horseshoes:20 spent... and your +7 training area. 20 horseshoes gets you 2 pts (until you hit intense training, then it switches to 1). If you still have pic two available (haven't done any other training) you can see that increasing the horseshoes by 1 click each time, will change 14 more, to 12 more, then 10 more, then 8 more, etc. Eventually you will reach 0 more. If you click the horseshoe up one more level, you will see how many MORE training points you will need to get to level 47 in that ability, and the x1 Blue arrow will appear.

Any questions?

-Y
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 02.09.2015
    Maybe after some coffee, and re reading this six more times, it will start to make sense. Right now, not a bit.

This is a game. It's suppose to be FUN. First read of the answers here and I'm still clueless and confused.

All I know is, the higher level horse I get, the HARDER it seems to be to train. I thought it was the other way around? And competitions make even less sense. Some days I win a bunch and others, nothing but "unfortunately" over and over. And I keep getting challengers WAY above me. It's like why even bother?

I feel like algebra class all over.

I love this clip. It's SO me when it comes to anything math.
    (sorry for the stupid ad they have, I couldn't find a better one. It's funny though. It says exactly how I feel right now.)
    http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3862691865
    Cookiie4me wrote: »

Add an Image from Url

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif

URL

Retrieve remote file and reference locally

To load a picture you must make sure the box next to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" is not checked. See if that works.

Your 1st picture shows you lack 23 horseshoes to get it up to level 46. So when your training was done, you were still at level 45. The 2nd picture shows this. You got 9 free training points for improving your training circle to level 9. That's what the blue area shows. The "37" is the number of training points you need to get to the next level. This is probably clear as mud, but I hope this answers your question. :)

Horse1.jpg

Horse2.jpg

ahhhhh... thank you. I don't know what "retrieve remote file blah blah" means or why that would be checked by default making it impossible to actually call up a file, but what ever. Glad you posted that. Next time I'll know.
    edited 02.09.2015
    Ok, coffee in me, and this STILL doesn't add up.

Yakoska wrote: »
    Uncle Johns response is pretty on. But let me try and be more specific:

I covered the "What does this mean" line in pic one. But let me add information on pic two.
    Do you see how your Strength bar has a blue line? Then is says 14 more? That is because the game is showing you where it would be if you hit train now. With Horseshoes:20 spent... and your +7 training area. 20 horseshoes gets you 2 pts (until you hit intense training, then it switches to 1). If you still have pic two available (haven't done any other training) you can see that increasing the horseshoes by 1 click each time, will change 14 more, to 12 more, then 10 more, then 8 more, etc. Eventually you will reach 0 more. If you click the horseshoe up one more level, you will see how many MORE training points you will need to get to level 47 in that ability, and the x1 Blue arrow will appear.

Any questions?

-Y

"20 horseshoes gets you 2 pts (until you hit intense training, then it switches to 1). "

You mean if I spend MORE on intense training the points I get goes DOWN?

Why don't they just say what stuff means in here????????????

Again, look at image 1. Under strength training where it's blue and says 23 more.

MORE WHAT? TO DO WHAT? 23 more times I have to wait four hours to train for ONE point?
    23 more times the horse has to make a lap? 23 more horse shoes I should have spent? 23 more hairs I rip out of my head trying to understand what the programers here are thinking?
    WHY can't they fill in the sentence? 23 more XXX to do XXX It would be so helpful.

Then image 2, after that training session, then it says 14 more in green with a tad of blue after it.
    So the blue up arrow in image one..... Means nothing. I just don't get this. AGAIN, 14 more WHAT to accomplish WHAT EXACTLY?
    Not one skill level actually went up and the horse level only goes up by ONE LOUSY POINT! new horses at least gain 13 points with each training session per skill. It only takes 3 training sessions to get to a level 20+ horse and breed with another 20+ horse. But the higher the horse the longer this takes just to get ONE up to level 50. Let alone another to breed it with.
    Trust me I'm beyond sick of this already. I lost more than I win in competitions and upgrading anything at this point might happen in the next century.

One more thing.... when you do breed and get the few little extra skills to pick from, one is always twinkling in green. WHY? It's not always the highest number. Is there some reason one skill is flashing? Is it better to pick that one? Or is this just one more ways programers here like to drive people insane????

Bah. The few little perks I get during competitions are good. But I sure am sick of the whole horse thing. I thought this was stupid when it first came out. I think I'm better off just going back to ignoring the whole dumb thing. Get what perks I get while working on missions and such and if I don't who cares.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 02.09.2015
    Here's my training and breeding strategy. Whatever level your horse is when you get it (whether it's a horse you've bought or one you've bred), train it for 10-12 levels. Then breed it with a horse of similar level. You'll get a foal that is the average of the parents' levels (eg, if parents are level 45 & 47, the foal will be level 46). Train that foal for 10-12 levels, then breed it with another horse of a level similar to it.

There are a lot of complexities with numbers, etc - I pretty much ignore all that. I just follow the simple training and breeding strategy described above. When you breed, choose the best breeding effects available to you. Using this simple strategy, I have managed to come up with horses that consistently place near the top of Diamond League. So my suggestion is, keep things simple - it doesn't have to be all that complicated.

As for it taking longer to train at higher levels, that's true. I think of it as being similar to our game levels - a player at level 80 needs more xp to get to the next higher level compared to a level 8 player. Similarly, a level 80 horse needs more training points to get to the next level, and it does take longer. But if you always train each horse 10-12 levels then breed, you'll get the most out of your horses.

Good luck! :)
  • Terddybug (INT1)Terddybug (INT1) INT1 Posts: 63
    edited 02.09.2015
    Hi there just another horse question.

What will happen if I breed with 2 special white horses?
    Will my foal be a white horse or just a normal different color?
    Thanks for helping.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.09.2015
    Terddybug wrote: »
    Hi there just another horse question.

What will happen if I breed with 2 special white horses?
    Will my foal be a white horse or just a normal different color?
    Thanks for helping.

No, Terddybug, the colour of your foal is completely random - and not dependent of the colour of the parents (sadly!)
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 03.09.2015
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Ok, coffee in me, and this STILL doesn't add up.

Hope you enjoyed the coffee! :)
    "20 horseshoes gets you 2 pts (until you hit intense training, then it switches to 1). "

You mean if I spend MORE on intense training the points I get goes DOWN?

That is completely correct. Intense training is for people with way too many shoes to spare and not enough patience :)
    Again, look at image 1. Under strength training where it's blue and says 23 more.

MORE WHAT? TO DO WHAT?

23 more points for the horse to go up a level. I don't know at what level your training area's are, can't peek on your farm. You get 2 pts for each 20 shoes you spend and bonuspoints for the level of your trainingring.
    For lazy calculation I am going to assume it's at lvl3, so you get 3 bonuspoints. So you need to spend 200 shoes to get the 23 pts and have that attribute go up a level.

Then image 2, after that training session, then it says 14 more in green with a tad of blue after it.
    So the blue up arrow in image one..... Means nothing. I just don't get this. AGAIN, 14 more WHAT to accomplish WHAT EXACTLY?
    Now we get to a part that I also don't exactly understand. If that blue arrow says x3, that specific attribute should've gone up 3 levels.... Not the horses total level, but at least that attribute. Maybe someone else can shine some light on that. The horses total level is made up of the average of the levels of his 3 attributes.

One more thing.... when you do breed and get the few little extra skills to pick from, one is always twinkling in green. WHY? It's not always the highest number. Is there some reason one skill is flashing? Is it better to pick that one? Or is this just one more ways programers here like to drive people insane????
    It took me a while to understand that, but if I'm not mistaken that is the one one of the parent horses had.

Bah. The few little perks I get during competitions are good. But I sure am sick of the whole horse thing. I thought this was stupid when it first came out. I think I'm better off just going back to ignoring the whole dumb thing. Get what perks I get while working on missions and such and if I don't who cares.
    Hope I've been able to help you a little, I personally find the horses kinda fun.
    edited 03.09.2015
    OH you guys are great.

Pingo42. the ONE thing you said I really appreciate, "I like to keep it simple."

I did read the breading guide. Again training two 10s is easy. one of each skill. Then I get a few 20s and repeat. So far so good. It's when I hit this level 50 everything seems to have come to a halt.
    I can't seem to GET a horse to level 50.
    Think I should breed two at level 45 and not try for 50? Been trying to get each foal up ten levels.
    gees I'd be at this forever.
    That horse I took screen shots of.... his last training session NOTHING ADVANCED. Not a thing. Not one point in any skill or his own level. And here is where I say to heck with this.

Advanced training seems to be a total waste of everything. If you spend more and get less, why would anyone?
    I actually have tons of horse shoes since I ignored this for so long yet kept filling the ship. But why spend them if it doesn't do squat?

Gwendolen wow you really tried to cover it all.

For everyones sake here, pretty much all my three farms have all the skill things up to level six. Only one jump thing on one farm made it to level 7.

<quote>Now we get to a part that I also don't exactly understand. If that blue arrow says x3, that specific attribute should've gone up 3 levels.... Not the horses total level, but at least that attribute. Maybe someone else can shine some light on that. The horses total level is made up of the average of the levels of his 3 attributes. </quote>

No, blue arrow said 3 and absolutely NOTHING advanced. And here is where I start to really say forget this.

I think that's where I'll leave it. I have no clue why I win against someone WAY above me one race, and with the same horse, same skill lose to someone 30 levels lower. Seems this whole thing is just random chance.
    SO fine. I get what ever junk I get, when I'm out of horse shoes I don't play.
    Very simple. I like simple. If I wanted to strain my brain I'd get off this stupid game and work on my website code (which I've been putting of like walking on red hot nails.)
    This game is a click fest that doesn't require a lot of work. This whole horse thing just gives me a headache.
  • edited 03.09.2015
    Gwendolen wrote: »

Now we get to a part that I also don't exactly understand. If that blue arrow says x3, that specific attribute should've gone up 3 levels.... Not the horses total level, but at least that attribute. Maybe someone else can shine some light on that. The horses total level is made up of the average of the levels of his 3 attributes.

It took me a while to understand that, but if I'm not mistaken that is the one one of the parent horses had.

Correct. The x3 means the attribute went up 3 levels with the amount of training selected training (assuming you start training right then). This doesn't apply to the actual level of the horse.

@ Artmaker - You must have been at level 42 when you started the training. It finished at 45 because you went up 3 levels. As you select the training, the level goes up as you decide how much training you want to do. It was telling you the amount of horseshoes spent would raise you three levels if you started it right then. You ended up at level 45.

The sparkly green trait when breeding...that is the "random" trait offered for you to choose if you want to switch with one of the traits already offered by the parent horses. Or fill in an extra trait if going from two to three traits (for example) for the newly bred horse with the new available trait.
    edited 03.09.2015
    Correct. The x3 means the attribute went up 3 levels with the amount of training selected training (assuming you start training right then). This doesn't apply to the actual level of the horse.

@ Artmaker - You must have been at level 42 when you started the training. It finished at 45 because you went up 3 levels. As you select the training, the level goes up as you decide how much training you want to do. It was telling you the amount of horseshoes spent would raise you three levels if you started it right then. You ended up at level 45.

But that's the point. Scroll up and look at the screen shots. That's before and after training. NOTHING when up.

As for the traits offered, I've just been picking the ones with the highest numbers. Still it doesn't seem to make a lick of difference.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 03.09.2015
    Breathe. :)

The next time you are getting ready to train. Just do this. Select the horse, select the ability and look at the page. It will look similar to the pictures you posted above. Note that in the selected ability, there is a blue line as well as a Green. Green is your current training. Blue is your prospective training.

Click to a different training area. See how the blue line is now on that skill?

The blue line represents the training you are planning to do. It is set at a default of +2+ training area level (6 or 7), depending, because 20 is the minimum horseshoes you can spend. Now. go back to the ability you want to train.
    Click the "+" on the horse shoe slider one time. Note that the blue line has grown. And the "X More" listed has shrunk by 2. Every time you add horseshoes the blue line will grow, and the "x more" will shrink. UNTIL... You hit the end of the level. Suddenly the blue line will appear very small, or visually non-existant. A blue arrow will appear with a 1x. next to it, indicating once you START the current training, that ability will go up one level. And you will see a new "X More". This is the amount of training points (1/10th the amount of horseshoes) you have to go until the next level.

Now if you look up at your picture one. The one BEFORE you clicked start. You can see that you have selected to increase that skill 3 levels. That is worth one breeding value. Since increasing your horse 3 levels in a skill cost you less than 2000 horseshoes, its clear to see your horse is no where near the top of its training arc.

You should keep training the horse at least until its impossible to fill a whole level with the blue line, and probably more. I usually stop when I see "421 more" or higher. In each ability.

Let me once against explain Breeding Value. That's the number in the heart. It is the total of your 3 skills added up, and divided by 3, or the average of them. In order to go up 1 Breeding Value level, you have to increase all your skills +1, or one skill +3 (Which is what you did in the pictures shown above.) Again please note that in picture one, before the started the training... the line is BLUE indicating what the training will accomplish. In picture two, the line is green showing the results of the previous training PLUS a teeny bit of blue sowing you what the training would accomplish with just 20 horseshoes (also pictured).

Really, all the information is there on the screen. Please do as I said above, and click the "+" on the horseshoe slider and watch how the blue line grows. It will really help illuminate how the training works.

-Y
    edited 03.09.2015
    agh, I don't get the green and blue nonsense. WHY can't we just see exactly what training we GET with X number of horse shoes? Perhaps it goes up less and less as the horse is higher, but gees, make this simple huh?

Honest, I'm done. I get what I get when I get it and if I don't, I don't care anymore. Sick of it.
  • edited 03.09.2015
    But that's the point. Scroll up and look at the screen shots. That's before and after training. NOTHING when up.

In your screenshot you had already selected enough training to use 1960 horseshoes. This is why it says x3 already. If you had the slider back at zero, your attribute would have been reading level 42 yet. :)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 04.09.2015
    Artmaker said:
    agh, I don't get the green and blue nonsense. WHY can't we just see exactly what training we GET with X number of horse shoes? Perhaps it goes up less and less as the horse is higher, but gees, make this simple huh?

Honest, I'm done. I get what I get when I get it and if I don't, I don't care anymore. Sick of it.

Hi Artmaker,

The point that you seem to be missing here, is that when you move the slider to set how much training you want to do, you get the blue line showing you where that training will take you. Each time the blue line passes the end of the bar, the number in the yellow star goes up by 1 and the number at the end of the bar shows +1, +2, +3 etc..... So in your 1st picture it is showing that the training will give you +3 levels on that attribute, meaning the number in the yellow star is currently 42 but will be 45 after the training.

You can prove this by the level of your horse in each picture, as the horse level is an average of the level of all 3 attributes, so.....

In pic.1 you have 42+46+46 = 134 divided by 3 = 44.666666 which is rounded up to 45
    In pic.2 you have 45+46+46 = 137 divided by 3 = 45.666666 which is rounded up to 46

So you can see there where you gained your +3 on the strength training & also where your horses level gained +1.

The number in the green bar that says "37 more" means that you need 37 more training points to reach the end of that bar & make the number in the yellow star increase by 1. As you slide your slider, the blue line shows that number getting lower as it moves to the end of the bar & when it passes the end you see how many points are needed for the entire next level.

As you train your horse, each level requires more training points to fill the bar, so with a new horse or a newborn foal, you may fill several bars with just one training session (as you saw there with your +3), but soon you will find that it takes several training sessions to fill the bar just once....This means the horse is due to be bred, so that the baby will be easier to level up again.

• Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    Okay, let's try this - I posted this in the old forums, let's see if it works on the new:

Artmaker, this has been so much talk that I did not even read it, I will try to keep my post simple.

Check this out: 
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/8vjycw...20training.jpg

You missed this step in your thinking process. The way it was before you moved the slider. 
    See how the number in the yellow star goes up by 2 for my horse? See the position of the slider? See the blue arrow x2? I hope that helps you see that you did in fact get 3 levels extra, but already before you hit train.

About f.ex. the 24 more on my screenshots, that means it needs 24 more XP to go to the next level. A horse uses XP just like your farm does. The amount of points you get in a training are pictured right above the slider in the right side rectangular box. Points are indicated by yellow stars (like farm XP is indicated by cyan blue stars).

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    ahhhh Larino, my horses are all in training now but I will have to look next time.  See if that blue arrow and the skill level are in fact going up as I move the slider, not after training is over.   I probably just never noticed.

Will post back with results.  Probably be awhile. Busy days ahead.
  • I checked it on my own horses Artmaker, and that is indeed the case. Lol, I had posted that on the old forum, but that didn't come along in the move :) 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file