Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Hey peeps,

please don't forget that we won't answer in this thread immediately, but instead consider all of your questions for one big information post coming up later along the way.

Excite!
Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.07.2015
    Will the upload feature for images be restored in the new Forum? :huh:
    Also, will the transfer to the new Forum require us to redo any settings, avatar or signature, etc.?
  • LexiatelLexiatel Posts: 146
    edited 08.07.2015
    Adice to other users: Save any information you personally collected or deem very important. These things go wrong all the time! A lot of useful information may just go "p00f". **shifts eyes**
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 08.07.2015
    When Is this happening? A week.....a day.......a month.....?
  • JojoBellJojoBell Posts: 44
    edited 09.07.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »

Update said... "More information on the details will of course follow in the next few weeks, there's still plenty of time". So my guess is we have at least those few weeks, probably a good week after the "few weeks" before it takes place, so month at least is my thought.
    edited 17.07.2015
    I noticed when I logged on today that a lot of things mentioned in the Official Announcement have been done to the Forum.
    So far, so good! ^^
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 23.07.2015
    Will the upload feature for images be restored in the new Forum? :huh:
    Also, will the transfer to the new Forum require us to redo any settings, avatar or signature, etc.?

All tests we did so far suggest that we will be able to take over all avatars and signatures :) Image upload should work again as well.
    Lexiatel wrote: »
    Adice to other users: Save any information you personally collected or deem very important. These things go wrong all the time! A lot of useful information may just go "p00f". **shifts eyes**

Absolutely! While we're doing everything to take as much stuff with us as possible, feel free to make copies of your precious avatars, signatures, images you uploaded and other stuff you don't want to lose, just in case things go sideways. Again though, it's looking good at the moment :)
    gavinfarms wrote: »

There's still have plenty time left, we'll let you know as soon as we have a good estimation :) But yeah, think "within the next few months" rather than "days".
    I noticed when I logged on today that a lot of things mentioned in the Official Announcement have been done to the Forum.
    So far, so good! ^^

Ha! We don't announce this stuff for nothing :P
    edited 24.07.2015
    Thanks for the reply, Latten! I have my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly, but you have to allow for Murphy's Law. :)

graphics-computers-793138.gif
  • gayles (US1)gayles (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 17.08.2015
    Our leader has not been involved, and now I have been made leader. I don't know what I am suppose to do. Help please.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 20.08.2015
    I have a few questions.............

Are we still going to be using vBulletin™ for the new forum or a different site?

Will we be able to change our titles again? (for example, Student, Advanced, Farmer, etc.)

With this forum we can edit our settings/profile to add instant messengers and Skype.....In the new forum will we be able to add a link to other sites (if we choose) such as Facebook & Twitter? Our co-op has an offsite forum & we can add social websites (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, You Tube) to our profile.

One more thing...Will I (and others from the US server) be placed on a US forum with other players from the same server or can we stay on the same forum with our current community members? I would like to be able to post an ad for our co-op for the newer US players but I wouldn't want to give up the community I have had since I started the game. :)

Edit: I understand that you guys may not be able to answer all of my questions right now....Some things are...
    top-secret-icon.jpg
  • edited 24.08.2015
    I have recently finally learned how multi-quote posting works currently.

If I go to the Forum, click View First Unread -(this is a REALLY GREAT Feature-please be sure it is included in the new version), then begin reading posts, I must click the multi-quote Button on ALL posts I want to multi-quote, then the last one, click reply with quote and then all of them are there to be edited and responded to. The trouble is that then I must go back through all those posts AGAIN that I want to comment on - if there has been several messages that I have gone through, reread them and try to remember what I wanted to say, etc. In a tiny window too!

It would really be nice, if I could respond to each message as I read them, then click add another message quote, or done. A bigger window for doing this and editing would be nice too.

Thank You!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 24.08.2015
    If you grab the little arrowhead at the bottom right of the reply box Crafty, you can drag it bigger :¬)
  • edited 27.08.2015
    If you grab the little arrowhead at the bottom right of the reply box Crafty, you can drag it bigger :¬)

Thanks Uncle John!!!! That helps a whole lot!! :D

**** When the new forum comes out, When I read the forum posts and then do a post as I go along, I would like to return to the post I was reading instead of ending up at the last post. As it is now, I have to try to remember the # of the post I was reading to go back to it. ;(
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 02.09.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    Secret hint: Since every thread you ever posted in counts as a bookmark, and the new Forums will display your bookmarks very prominently, do it like your favorite CM and delete all your Bookmarks beforehand, so your bookmark folder will be all nicely cleaned up

You mean 'subscriptions' with that, right? I certainly do not hope every thread I have posted in (and automatically subscribed to) will create a bookmark in my browser O.O
  • samridh2002 (IN1)samridh2002 (IN1) Posts: 86
    edited 02.09.2015
    Really excited
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 02.09.2015
    @ Laten: As Larino says, that "secret hint" needs a bit more clarification.

Another point: Why don't you let the old forum in "read only" form for a couple of weeks? That's how smarties do it. :) Or will you?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 02.09.2015
    I am VERY confused with the 'delete all your Bookmarks' part?(
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 02.09.2015
    As I understand it, you expect you can move all the thread from the old forum to the new forum in one day
    - but there will be some loose of data postet in the area where you are moving the forum.

As I see it, it would be better (smarter) if you simply totaly close down the forum for new posting in the time it takes to move us to the new forum.
    And yes of course it would be a little annoying to us, if we can not get onto forum when that moving work goes on..
    But on the other side - If postings send in the moving time goes lost... what is it then worth to send them?

And.... not to forget... if I remeber correct, few month back in time, we have very long time whitout forum.(more than a week, around 2 weeks if I remember correct?)
    - if you can do this moving work in one day, I'll find it better to close forum when the moving process goes on.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 02.09.2015
    As I understand it, you expect you can move all the thread from the old forum to the new forum in one day
    - but there will be some loose of data postet in the area where you are moving the forum.

As I see it, it would be better (smarter) if you simply totaly close down the forum for new posting in the time it takes to move us to the new forum.
    And yes of course it would be a little annoying to us, if we can not get onto forum when that moving work goes on..
    But on the other side - If postings send in the moving time goes lost... what is it then worth to send them?

And.... not to forget... if I remeber correct, few month back in time, we have very long time whitout forum.(more than a week, around 2 weeks if I remember correct?)
    - if you can do this moving work in one day, I'll find it better to close forum when the moving process goes on.

I would like to second this. It is better to deny all access and get everything done cleanly than to semi-allow us on and expect losses to happen!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.09.2015

Larino wrote: »
    I would like to second this. It is better to deny all access and get everything done cleanly than to semi-allow us on and expect losses to happen!

smiley-signs009.gif Yep - I second this too! :thumbup:
  • edited 02.09.2015
    Jiesta wrote: »
    smiley-signs009.gif Yep - I second this too! :thumbup:

Me too! Just let us know when (a close time and estimated back open time) and close it down so nothing is lost and then re-open it when things are done. :)

Now I have a VERY important question!

Will all of our saved past private messages in our inbox be transferred to the new Forum? I have some important info in them-how to kinds of things that I desperately need to save! Just to be on the safe side I'll try to copy the info too! Thanks
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    TEST
  • sim533 (NL1)sim533 (NL1) Posts: 86
    edited 04.09.2015
    I'm going to post it here as well. One of my threads got messed up with the conversion. The thread from the old forum had tables (good looking, lots of works); check the cache link of google to see. The "converted" thread is fully messed up. 

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fG_b-tuPR5MJ:en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?144068-Weekly-Event-Drop-Rates+

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/43798/weekly-event-drop-rates

Go fix it! - inserts crying smiley -  

Latten, some people are having problems getting on the new forum. Where it says to select a country there's no option for Canada. There are many players on the US server from different countries. How are they suppose to log in if they can't select their country? It says the password and email do not match.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions I could pass on to them? Please?

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I just uploaded a picture but when I wanted to edit my signature , I got the following message:

"You don't have permission to use a signature.  "

What's up with this?

• @Jess .... There is no Canadian server, don`t they just need to put in US and US1?

Where is quote button? :o
  • I see you ended up here too Gavin farms, I'm trying to figure out how to get to the US1  Forum as I ended up on this one
    edited 04.09.2015

@RunsWivScissors She tried that but it didn't work. It won't accept her email and password.

I have no clue where the quote button is. I'm still trying to figure all this out lol.

Edit: The quote option must be disabled because on the US forum it says quote under each post next to Flag.

• Seems to be quite mixed up here.  I could not log in, an in-game friend sent me a link by PM.  Ended up on the UK server in her account.  Got out and now able to log in finally with my own account.... but have no idea where I am now :(
  • Trying to figure it out myself
    LCG42 () said:
    I see you ended up here too Gavin farms, I'm trying to figure out how to get to the US1  Forum as I ended up on this one
    Seems to be quite mixed up here.  I could not log in, an in-game friend sent me a link by PM.  Ended up on the UK server in her account.  Got out and now able to log in finally with my own account.... but have no idea where I am now :(

This is the US forum. To get on the EN forum stay logged in here and change the us in the link in the address bar to en and it should send you to the EN forum. That's what worked for me.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/

Sign In to comment.