Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - September 1st - Movie time! - Questions and Feedback

Comments

• SAUGATA4SAUGATA4 Posts: 59
    edited 02.09.2015
    This update has slowed down the game and after 1or 2 mins of loading, the game starts hanging and we have to refresh the page only then any command is accepted. GGS should immediately look into this else it is becoming very difficult to play
  • cristi si ferma (RO1)cristi si ferma (RO1) RO1 Posts: 1,062
    edited 02.09.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    I like the new external timer on the contract square before you even start the contract. It makes it clear that it is a limited contract.

I see no other market changes so far.

Yes ... very good thing timer limited contracts
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 02.09.2015
    I like the new external timer on the contract square before you even start the contract. It makes it clear that it is a limited contract.

I noticed this too, thought it was a bug at first! It's nice, also I'm not sure if it's meant to be that way but the timer doesn't start for me until I put some products in.
  • cristi si ferma (RO1)cristi si ferma (RO1) RO1 Posts: 1,062
    edited 02.09.2015
    SAUGATA4 wrote: »
    This update has slowed down the game and after 1or 2 mins of loading, the game starts hanging and we have to refresh the page only then any command is accepted. GGS should immediately look into this else it is becoming very difficult to play

Yes ... it's hard ... but we manage ... depends on how powerful is your PC
    Niryn wrote: »
    I noticed this too, thought it was a bug at first! It's nice, also I'm not sure if it's meant to be that way but the timer doesn't start for me until I put some products in.

The counter shows 1:00:00 hours until the contract ends when you begin to put you filled produse...If and do not want to give it ... command timer stops and disappears.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit or multi-quote button
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 02.09.2015
    Steffi,
    Was the frequency of neighbors adjusted? .... because I had more on Monday....definitively more.
  • Agons000 (AU1)Agons000 (AU1) Posts: 39
    edited 02.09.2015
    Upon reading the France forum, I stumbled on some info that I had not seen here (maybe just missed it though) and thought it might be useful.

Videos will not be shown on the TV screen; only the message that one is available will be there. Upon clicking to accept it, a bigger screen will open to show it

Videos will differ in lengths, some shorter, some longer. We will not know the length before accepting it.

We will not see which reward will be given for a video before hand. Only after but there will be one reward per video.

If you have construction going on when a video is available, the message will replace your construction which will move to the harvest list on the right-hand side. Construction will still go on though.

The message on your TV screen will stay as long as a video is available. For the moment, the only way to get rid of it, if you find it annoying, is to click on it, open the video and close it immediately. No reward given though.

Just wanted to share this as I guess it applies to this server too :)

Thank you! Finally found a post that is useful and actually relevant.

I didn't understand what they meant by a TV screen... to me, that was always a construction slot, so thanks for the info.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.09.2015
    2 of my coop-members doe have problems with the neighbours since the last update: they get an error code [errorCode_INVALID_ACTIONSupport-Info: Command: PBMarketgardenFinishCustomerResponseErrorCode:] when they click on them. There is no sale and my coop-members have to relog to get rid of this error code.

We are on the Dutch server NL1.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 02.09.2015
    My TV is broken computer-smash.gifthere is nothing on!!

The feature has not been activated on all servers yet.
    We want to make sure the videos will run without major hiccups, that's why we're taking our time.
    sim533 wrote: »
    New decorations appeared in the deco tower which apparantly are for the other weekly events. How about the older decorations, are they from now on unavailable to get or will they appear as reward from time to time (mixed up with the new ones)?

We have made sure to keep both event versions, to keep both decoration sets available.
    However, we will of course offer the new decorations for a while from now on, because we want everyone to get their chance on obtaining them. It might take a while until the old ones return, but the opportunity to earn them is not gone for good.

Nope, no bug. :)

After some confusion with what seemed to be regular contracts suddenly 'turning' into limited contracts, we have enabled those timers even before limited contracts are started to make it clearer that you're actually looking at a limited contract.
    Was the frequency of neighbors adjusted? .... because I had more on Monday....definitively more.

Yes, the frequency of neighbors was adjusted.
    And I also got word from our Balancers that the vendor has been given another adjustment to become more attractive for everyone (hint: he's a little less greedy). Feel free to check his deals out! ;)
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 02.09.2015
    And I also got word from our Balancers that the vendor has been given another adjustment to become more attractive for everyone. Feel free to check his deals out! ;)

What deals??? I have seen his deals only twice. A days ago...... (he sold me pig food and chicken food;()
  • edited 02.09.2015
    Sorry didn't mean owt by my post,My opinon only,yes i agree to dis-agree.
    Enough said,end of story.
    I bid you a good-day.
    kind regards
    Sam :)

this forum is very one sided you come here to voice your view on the GAME& if its different from those that feel they know everything you will getbullied & ganged up on in a personal attack on your opinion of the GAME imsure your initial post was not directed @ anyone that responded & yet theyfeel the right to attack you! I wouldn’t have apologized either J god forbid you try make a joke they’ll take the time to reprimand you whilemany questions go unanswered lmao @ the priorities

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 02.09.2015
    this forum is very one sided you come here to voice your view on the GAME& if its different from those that feel they know everything you will getbullied & ganged up on in a personal attack on your opinion of the GAME imsure your initial post was not directed @ anyone that responded & yet theyfeel the right to attack you! I wouldn’t have apologized either J god forbid you try make a joke they’ll take the time to reprimand you whilemany questions go unanswered lmao @ the priorities

Didn`t seem to me like either of them was being particularly "attacking", they both made good points IMO. In an ideal world, there would be a fixed time each week when no events were running & GGS could smoothly run an update, that had no need to be followed by any "Hotfixes", the update would conveniently be while everyone was asleep & at a time when GGS staff are working.

Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world, there is no time that in convienent for everyone & there is no time that we don`t have some event or another running. So we get threads complaining about updates every time they happen, we also get threads complaining when they don't happen, because people want the bugs fixed. So Smudger has every right to complain if the update messed up his plans & Niryn has ever right to complain about all the complaining.... Isn`t that what forums are for? ^^
    edited 02.09.2015
    Hey no word about the game slowing down ? It has become very difficult to play with slow internet connection since the updates. Before the update everything was just fine.
    edited 02.09.2015
    And no word on the Apples!
  • Yappa1 (US1)Yappa1 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 02.09.2015
    When will the Island farm be open? I would like a much needed gold deal to get it started. I know how to feel about these video ads... I will watch them all day if I get gifts for doing so. Thanks Yappa1
  • eeke (NL1)eeke (NL1) Posts: 24
    edited 02.09.2015
    i'm still having the bug where rewards on employees show multiple at once. Causing the error to pop up!
    edited 02.09.2015
    Yappa1 wrote: »
    When will the Island farm be open? I would like a much needed gold deal to get it started. I know how to feel about these video ads... I will watch them all day if I get gifts for doing so. Thanks Yappa1

We usually have the Hardworker event first. But one never knows. I too, have been waiting on a gold deal to pop up. They seem less frequent than in the past, but your purchase history effects both the rate at which they show and which ones show.
  • edited 02.09.2015
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    Crafty! You are the star! :) Where do you get time to post such loooooooong posts? :):):)

Thank You Kamilcom! LOL, I play way too much, but I love it!!! I Multi-task a lot. I often split my screen and downsize the game to 75% on one side so I can see everything. Then I do word, excel, movies, the Forum, etc. on the other side. When needed, I increase the size or adjust either side as needed, I can do a lot of "routine" stuff even at 75% size. I'm using a small kitchen timer from the dollar store so I don't miss Omar's next deal-I really want to buy a gold license from him, or one of his freebies. Might come in handy for some other things too. ding, ding, ding..... If I full screen a movie, I check the game during the commercials on you tube, or might time that too. Just try to use all those little bits of time that we all waste so often. :)

Upon reading the France forum, I stumbled on some info that I had not seen here (maybe just missed it though) and thought it might be useful.
    Videos will not be shown on the TV screen; only the message that one is available will be there. Upon clicking to accept it, a bigger screen will open to show it

If the video blocks my view of my farm, I am going to be really, really mad! X( I'll watch the videos-ok, but please put them down in a corner on a SMALL screen where I can watch and play at the same time!!!!

I like the timer too for the limited contracts. The first time I saw it, I was spooked, thought I had somehow started something I did not intend to, but then saw that the clock was not running yet. Whew..... Great way to make the limited contracts very visable! :)
    SAUGATA4 wrote: »

Yes, I agree, things are slower and my screens keep getting hung up when going between farms, just sits there, then I have to refresh, etc. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Yes, the timer for the limited contracts only starts when you put the first products in. I check my stock before doing a limited contract and then do it all at once when everything is ready. I don't want to lose any products because I can't finish in tome or get side-tracked doing something else!
    Steffi,

More neighbors here for me too, I like that!!!
    Jiesta wrote: »
    2 of my coop-members doe have problems with the neighbours since the last update: they get an error code [errorCode_INVALID_ACTIONSupport-Info: Command: PBMarketgardenFinishCustomerResponseErrorCode:] when they click on them. There is no sale and my coop-members have to relog to get rid of this error code.

We are on the Dutch server NL1.

I'm getting the same problem and error message on US1, I had plenty of product to fill the neighbors request, tried 3 times, all 3, I got the same error. I noticed if I refresh the screens, the neighbors are gone when I come back. With the error, it would not let me fill their order.
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Yes, the frequency of neighbors was adjusted.
    And I also got word from our Balancers that the vendor has been given another adjustment to become more attractive for everyone (hint: he's a little less greedy). Feel free to check his deals out! ;)

Has anybody tried the "new" Vendor? I very rarely see him.
  • Yappa1 (US1)Yappa1 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 02.09.2015
    Thanks you for taking the time to answer my question. Yappa1
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 03.09.2015

Nooo, haven't seen him.... only twice since the beginning.
    edited 03.09.2015

Same physical vendor, just "better" deals at "better" prices.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 03.09.2015
    Same physical vendor, just "better" deals at "better" prices.

We must be getting a different vendor, my last mystery reward was 5 XP all for the "bargain" price of 150,000 dollars lol
    edited 03.09.2015
    One of the updates a few month back had slowed down the game too and after a couple of minutes of logging in it used to go limp and one had to reload the page . But this problem went away with one of the subsequent updates . Now it is again there and very severe too. Hope GGS does something soon.
  • Have watched 7 videos so far and havent recieved anything and yes I have looked in my drop box :/
  • I watched 2 videos and got rewards, but after I watched the third one there was nowhere to click to get my reward.  Also the "play" button is greyed out. Hmmmm.  Now I log into the new and improved discussion board. The boxes below login user and password are greyed out. Evidently I must be in Germany and not know it.   Hmmmmm.  Then this thread is full of all kinds of posts about the island farm, the market,  I dunno.   I think I'll go get another cup of tea and come back later.  One thing's for sure, there's always something interesting going on down on the farm!  ;)
  • bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82
    I just watched 2 videos, now there aren't any videos available.  
    After you have watched a video they let you choose yourself on what prize you want.
    You have to click on the gift box under the prize you want. 
    I have gotten 55 gold that way. But they have all different kinds of prizes. 
    So it is important that you choose a prize before you go and watch another video ;)
  • I watched about 7 videos that all credited, but now am stuck on the Silk video. It plays all the way through, I answer the quiz, and then there's no continue button to proceed. And, of course, it's now the only vid that is coming up as available.
  • I've been going through the various ads today, and raking in the loot so far.

However, the Cashew Silk advertisement is not working for me.  I can watch the short intro video, answer the 3 quiz questions just fine.  After that though, a message appears saying to "click continue to get your rewards"  There is no continue button in the ad.  Random clicking within the ad space only takes me to the Cashew Silk website.

I am using Google Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m on a Windows 7 Pro desktop.

Overall I really like the ad feature, unobtrusive and easy to ignore if you aren't interested, but useful to earn rewards for those who don't mind a few clicks.  Thank you!
  • Yes, the silk worm just got me.   I reloaded the game and was able to watch one more video and got 25 gold.  Watched another and again there was no box to click to receive a reward.  Reloaded again and got the silk worm with no continue button at the end.  Oy vey.
  • I am having the same issue, but I am using Mozilla Fox and windows 10.
    Other videos seem fine.
    Cat
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Video for reward??????  WHAT REWARD?

ON my international farm, all I got was a STUPID AD for another game.  Which froze.  I thought that was it but I never got any reward.   

Tried again, another game ad, then a log in page for facebook.

PEOPLE I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH FACEBOOK EVER!!!!!!!   
    If I have to log into that garbage site FORGET IT.  It will TOP my list of junk to ignore on here.

This farm it didn't even load.  All I get is a spinning ring.

Not at all impressed with this.   But the "reward" would have be pretty sizeable to get me to watch commercials.
    Ya know, we just cut cable because of all the endless BS on TV.   I don't even have TV now and have't missed it one bit.   Anything I want to see can be found on line FREE.  Most without ANY commercials.    

Get a clue developers.  NO ONE wants to waste their life being sold something.  At least I sure don't.

So again, what "reward" do you consider good enough to waste my time?  Hmmm?
Sign In to comment.