Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - September 1st - Movie time! - Questions and Feedback

Comments

• edited 01.09.2015
    Niryn wrote: »
    I'm sorry to those that lost mission time but the update was announced yesterday. It came around the same time as always, too so I had absolutely zero problem timing my missions. =)
    Not entirely sure if it's greed to apply updates to the game and try to keep it profitable, it's not a charity afterall, it's a business.

I'm kinda sick of how every time people make mistakes that are their own fault because they can't read announcements, suddenly the game and company are "disgustiiiiing" and "disrespectfuuuul" and every other negative-to-the-extreme word in the book. There was seriously ample time to prepare this time, excuse my language but get over it already. You people sound like you would whine no matter what happens, and often you DO, judging by how the forums look with every update.

get back to work you got bugz to fix & advertising videos to make :P
  • smudger81805smudger81805 Posts: 14
    edited 01.09.2015
    I'm sorry to those that lost mission time but the update was announced yesterday. It came around the same time as always, too so I had absolutely zero problem timing my missions. =)
    Not entirely sure if it's greed to apply updates to the game and try to keep it profitable, it's not a charity afterall, it's a business.

I'm kinda sick of how every time people make mistakes that are their own fault because they can't read announcements, suddenly the game and company are "disgustiiiiing" and "disrespectfuuuul" and every other negative-to-the-extreme word in the book. There was seriously ample time to prepare this time, excuse my language but get over it already. You people sound like you would whine no matter what happens, and often you DO, judging by how the forums look with every update.

I take it i HIT a RAW nerve with you.
    We may had ample time for mission's,and we may could have finished them in ample time,BUT seriously WE all had at lease 7 hours before Co-op Challenge finished.SO why not do UPDATE/INSTALL new programs when that Timer is up.???
    And we people do whine and moan more so when real money for pretend game gold is used.
    If it ain't greed then its improper to shut game down before timer on co-op challenge as ended?
    PLEASE BE MORE CONSIDERATE,WHEN TWO OR MORE PROGRAMS COLIDE AT THE SAME TIME.NOT HARD TO ASK IS IT?
    Thankyou..
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 01.09.2015

6280.gifHear, hear!!
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 01.09.2015
    get back to work you got bugz to fix & advertising videos to make :P

I know it's meant as a joke, but please don't assume regular users to be working for GGS, just because they're not sharing your opinion :) It's unfair for both the user and the discussion at hand, and it's quite disrespectful to everyone involved.

Again, I know you didn't mean it in a bad way, but I think I'll better say it just in case others might pick up on it ^^
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 01.09.2015

Well said! :thumbsup:
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 01.09.2015
    Are we getting any changes to the market?
  • edited 01.09.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    I know it's meant as a joke, but please don't assume regular users to be working for GGS, just because they're not sharing your opinion :) It's unfair for both the user and the discussion at hand, and it's quite disrespectful to everyone involved.

Again, I know you didn't mean it in a bad way, but I think I'll better say it just in case others might pick up on it ^^

I didnt say i disagree!!!! it was just fun sorry for those that feel disrespected if working for ggs is that bad? sorry for just SORRY SORRY SORRY (takes it back & runs for the hills!!!
    geez this forum.............................
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 01.09.2015
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    Are we getting any changes to the market?

I don't know what changes you were looking for but I did notice that timed contracts now have a timer on the outside even before you start the contract so you know for sure it is limited.
    edited 01.09.2015
    My TV is broken computer-smash.gifthere is nothing on!!
    Please fix it so that I can complain about the Ads!! t7a60e9_ThrowPC.gif
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 01.09.2015
    ROTFLMAO Scissors ;)
  • emilylennox (US1)emilylennox (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 01.09.2015
    Where is the movie thing from the new update thing??
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 01.09.2015

This made me laugh more than it should have! :'D

Ah, P.S.~ I understand I have a more positive view about this game than many others do. However, smudger, I'm sorry but I won't be even reading your post since it contains so much capslock-heavy foaming. It's not going to go anywhere, and it's unreasonable to expect me to bother with that since no matter what I would say it would still continue down the same path. So, let's just agree to disagree. =) I want you to know though that I respect your passion towards the game, it's admirable!

With that being said, I'm actually sorry if I rustled anyone else's jimmies as well! Just wanted to speak my opinion too since it does rustle me a little bit lately that every update is met with a lot of... all this, before it even hits the servers. ;o I just don't think the massive hammer of negativity that is the forums lately should crush everything so hastily.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 01.09.2015
    emilylennox - Not everyone will get the movie just yet, only a select few. GGS is working to ensure there will be no issues with it & to also see what response from the ones that did get give. To learn more about this check out the official announcement:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?144974-Update-September-1st-Movie-time!
  • edited 01.09.2015
    Upon reading the France forum, I stumbled on some info that I had not seen here (maybe just missed it though) and thought it might be useful.

Videos will not be shown on the TV screen; only the message that one is available will be there. Upon clicking to accept it, a bigger screen will open to show it

Videos will differ in lengths, some shorter, some longer. We will not know the length before accepting it.

We will not see which reward will be given for a video before hand. Only after but there will be one reward per video.

If you have construction going on when a video is available, the message will replace your construction which will move to the harvest list on the right-hand side. Construction will still go on though.

The message on your TV screen will stay as long as a video is available. For the moment, the only way to get rid of it, if you find it annoying, is to click on it, open the video and close it immediately. No reward given though.

Just wanted to share this as I guess it applies to this server too :)
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 01.09.2015
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    Three short questions:

1. As the movie theatre can only be played for those who login trough the official site, does that mean that all linux players would not be able to use this feature?

2. One of my coop mates wants to know in what format would these videos be?

3. Going to security issue concerning flash: I suppose that these videos are delivered from a third party. How is with the security. I trust that GGS would not try to hurt my computer, but is there any check preformed that we wouldnt get something harmfull through these third party videos. Sorry if the question sound to paranoic, but I just want to be on the safe side.

More stuff to slow the game down, as for the security issue, to put it very bluntly, GGS will not bother if it is a security issue. The security is not with GGS but with Flash player which of course is needed to run Big farm, many companies much bigger than GGS do not trust adobe flash player, and for good reasons. However, if we were really concerned, myself included, we would not be using adobe flash player, including playing big farm. Time will tell if any of the advertising videos carry much more than the videos details, and of course the first reply to any possible problems, " the advertising etc is beyond the control of GGS please contact the advertising company"

Does this mean that Scissors actually looks like a yellow M and M, gets irate easy and has a violent temper !

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use multi-quote or edit button
  • smudger81805smudger81805 Posts: 14
    edited 01.09.2015
    This made me laugh more than it should have! :'D

Ah, P.S.~ I understand I have a more positive view about this game than many others do. However, smudger, I'm sorry but I won't be even reading your post since it contains so much capslock-heavy foaming. It's not going to go anywhere, and it's unreasonable to expect me to bother with that since no matter what I would say it would still continue down the same path. So, let's just agree to disagree. =) I want you to know though that I respect your passion towards the game, it's admirable!

With that being said, I'm actually sorry if I rustled anyone else's jimmies as well! Just wanted to speak my opinion too since it does rustle me a little bit lately that every update is met with a lot of... all this, before it even hits the servers. ;o I just don't think the massive hammer of negativity that is the forums lately should crush everything so hastily.
    Sorry didn't mean owt by my post,My opinon only,yes i agree to dis-agree.
    Enough said,end of story.
    I bid you a good-day.
    kind regards
    Sam :)
    edited 01.09.2015
    bikeboy wrote: »
    Does this mean that Scissors actually looks like a yellow M and M, gets irate easy and has a violent temper !

Come n stand in front of me scissors & lets find out! animated-msn-big-grin-smiley-emoticon.gifmwahahaha
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 01.09.2015
    and if they don't get the interest they are hoping they would, I'm wondering if it will become mandatory.

Yup, I can see it now. Then you could skip with gold likely.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 01.09.2015
    Upon reading the France forum, I stumbled on some info that I had not seen here (maybe just missed it though) and thought it might be useful.

Videos will not be shown on the TV screen; only the message that one is available will be there. Upon clicking to accept it, a bigger screen will open to show it

Videos will differ in lengths, some shorter, some longer. We will not know the length before accepting it.

We will not see which reward will be given for a video before hand. Only after but there will be one reward per video.

If you have construction going on when a video is available, the message will replace your construction which will move to the harvest list on the right-hand side. Construction will still go on though.

The message on your TV screen will stay as long as a video is available. For the moment, the only way to get rid of it, if you find it annoying, is to click on it, open the video and close it immediately. No reward given though.

Just wanted to share this as I guess it applies to this server too :)

Very informative indeed! THANKS Gen_sigmaGamer! :thumbup:

I doubt very much I will like a video message to fill my entire screen and thus will hinder my farming. :S
    bikeboy wrote: »

Bikyboy, Bikyboy....... did you see the size of her scissors?????? smiley-scared001.gif

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use multi-quote or edit button
  • cristi si ferma (RO1)cristi si ferma (RO1) RO1 Posts: 1,062
    edited 01.09.2015
    Good evening ! I server Romanian and I want to ask if you have appeared in films. Pls respond

Respectfully,
    Cristi si ferma

Pls responding !

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 01.09.2015
    well no ads for me so far, not sure if be happy or upset though lol 8|
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 01.09.2015
    Pls responding !
    I have not appeared in films.
    edited 01.09.2015

Thank you very much response! :)
  • sim533 (NL1)sim533 (NL1) Posts: 86
    edited 01.09.2015
    New decorations appeared in the deco tower which apparantly are for the other weekly events. How about the older decorations, are they from now on unavailable to get or will they appear as reward from time to time (mixed up with the new ones)?
    edited 01.09.2015
    sim533 wrote: »
    New decorations appeared in the deco tower which apparantly are for the other weekly events. How about the older decorations, are they from now on unavailable to get or will they appear as reward from time to time (mixed up with the new ones)?

Yes...see...
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 01.09.2015
    While I firmly agree with Niryn that people complain a lot about things they already could or should know, in this case I also agree a bit with the people who say: what harm would it have done if the update had been tomorrow, after the mission competition.
    On the other hand, tomorrow we'll probably have a new island farm and people would've been unhappy about downtime being during that :p
  • Chalaryl (US1)Chalaryl (US1) Posts: 132
    edited 01.09.2015
    sim533 wrote: »

I know this was asked and answered by a mod (not gonna search out the link, sorry) - old decor events will still happen but priority "for now" will be the new ones. They are aware some of us want to finish filling a deco floor.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.09.2015
    And now a word from our Sponsor.......graphics-tv-718280.gif
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 01.09.2015
    LOL me either.
    And now a word from our sponser.......graphics-tv-718280.gif
    What channel is the Daily Spud News on? I would like to watch the news on my TV. Remote-Control-Hand-52905.gif
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 01.09.2015
    I like the new external timer on the contract square before you even start the contract. It makes it clear that it is a limited contract.

I see no other market changes so far.
Sign In to comment.