Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - September 1st - Movie time! - Questions and Feedback

Here, follow this link to learn more about our next update!

*throws confetti* *places popcorn* *decorates the forums*

Are you ready for some fun?
Post edited by CM Nafaru on

Comments

• rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 31.08.2015
    Daily tasks for Island farm? Please explain...Is the tropical island now here to stay?
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 31.08.2015
    lol @ getting paid to watch TV!
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 31.08.2015
    The Ad thing is a common tool among some games... "Watch the ad, get a bonus". I hope it will be completely voluntary as opposed to being forced to watch it.

-Y
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 31.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »
    The Ad thing is a common tool among some games... "Watch the ad, get a bonus". I hope it will be completely voluntary as opposed to being forced to watch it.

-Y

That's the plan :)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 31.08.2015
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    Daily tasks for Island farm? Please explain...Is the tropical island now here to stay?

The tropical island farm will remain a temporary event.
    Daily tasks will only start once you have unlocked the farm and visited it for the first time.
    edited 31.08.2015
    Way to go, Latten! Skip the most important question asked...so far.
  • Porkies (INT1)Porkies (INT1) Posts: 103
    edited 31.08.2015
    tropical/island farm(s) will never be permanent....they make to much money keeping them a temp farm...Giddy up!!!!
    edited 31.08.2015
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    Way to go, Latten! Skip the most important question asked...so far.

Ha! Didn't see your question, I'm sorry. No, the farm will still be temporary, but there will be daily quests during it's runtime :) Question answered?
  • edited 31.08.2015
    Absolutely no interest in that advertising. One of the best features in BF was that there was none. Good thing it will be voluntary, and certainly hope you keep it that way :)

Now, what about all those bugs that have been with us for weeks, if not months? Will they ever be fixed? No talk about fixing the mine, the multiple bubble workers (up to 6 at a time, bringing error screen), the exclamation mark in the drop box every time we log in or refresh, etc.
    edited 31.08.2015
    Absolutely no interest in that advertising. One of the best features in BF was that there was none. Good thing it will be voluntary, and certainly hope you keep it that way :)

Now, what about all those bugs that have been with us for weeks, if not months? Will they ever be fixed? No talk about fixing the mine, the multiple bubble workers (up to 6 at a time, bringing error screen), the exclamation mark in the drop box every time we log in or refresh, etc.

Workers should (!) be fixed, but not quite ready enough for the patchnotes. The other two: Working on it, but no guarantee yet.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 31.08.2015
    Latten wrote: »
    Workers should (!) be fixed, but not quite ready enough for the patchnotes. The other two: Working on it, but no guarantee yet.

Thanks for that information, Latten. Is there any word on when we can expect a fix for the missing apostrophes in messages? And that annoying need to always clear the "no bad language" warning before we can type our message?
    edited 31.08.2015
    Ha! Didn't see your question, I'm sorry. No, the farm will still be temporary, but there will be daily quests during it's runtime :) Question answered?

Thanks, Latten!
    Sorry too! Got some coffee, much better now.
    edited 31.08.2015
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Thanks for that information, Latten. Is there any word on when we can expect a fix for the missing apostrophes in messages? And that annoying need to always clear the "no bad language" warning before we can type our message?

Passed the issues on again, can't promise we'll make it until the update tho
  • emilylennox (US1)emilylennox (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 31.08.2015
    I don't understand the TV update. Can someone tell me?
  • edited 31.08.2015
    Thank you Latten for the "working on it". At least, I know they have not fallen into the cracks. "Your cheque is in the mail" :D:D:D

I would like to suggest a permanent thread in the Technical Bug section where we could have a list of ALL bugs, maybe with an approximate ETA on them. New ones could be added and fixed ones, deleted. So we would know someone, somewhere is aware of them.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 31.08.2015
    Passed the issues on again, can't promise we'll make it until the update tho

Thanks very much. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 31.08.2015

What's more: that specific question was already answered by Nafaru in post #6 - patience indeed is a virtue in itself :p

Most important question for me has already been posed by Yakoska - Thanks -Y !! And already answered, too! ^^
    Don't know how to feel about these video ads - I'll wait and see....
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 31.08.2015
    Videos and prices of them....sounds like Farmerama. Sorry, but there was something like that.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 31.08.2015
    Three short questions:

1. As the movie theatre can only be played for those who login trough the official site, does that mean that all linux players would not be able to use this feature?

2. One of my coop mates wants to know in what format would these videos be?

3. Going to security issue concerning flash: I suppose that these videos are delivered from a third party. How is with the security. I trust that GGS would not try to hurt my computer, but is there any check preformed that we wouldnt get something harmfull through these third party videos. Sorry if the question sound to paranoic, but I just want to be on the safe side.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 31.08.2015
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    Three short questions:

3. Going to security issue concerning flash: I suppose that these videos are delivered from a third party. How is with the security. I trust that GGS would not try to hurt my computer, but is there any check preformed that we wouldnt get something harmfull through these third party videos. Sorry if the question sound to paranoic, but I just want to be on the safe side.

This is a good question. I belonged to another site that provided free games. The free games were paid for by ads which ran at the side of the game. I didnt have a problem until a couple of months ago when I was shocked to see ads which I wouldnt want my Maiden Aunt to see, let alone my children! I contacted the game site provider and they were as shocked as I was, as their site is very secure. The hackers who hijacked the site were very cunning and had named their ads so as to be almost unnoticeable from the ads that should have been on screen. I had to do a complete clean of my computer as a result of this, and want to know how safe these videos will be.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 31.08.2015
    bdreish wrote: »
    This is a good question. I belonged to another site that provided free games. The free games were paid for by ads which ran at the side of the game. I didnt have a problem until a couple of months ago when I was shocked to see ads which I wouldnt want my Maiden Aunt to see, let alone my children! I contacted the game site provider and they were as shocked as I was, as their site is very secure. The hackers who hijacked the site were very cunning and had named their ads so as to be almost unnoticeable from the ads that should have been on screen. I had to do a complete clean of my computer as a result of this, and want to know how safe these videos will be.

Very good point aaabbb1 and bdreish - I would very much like to see the answer on this one, too! ^^
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 31.08.2015
    sounds like a good update but I just hope the feature don't be limited to some players only forever, cause that will kinda ruin the balance of game a bit.
    and can't wait to see island tasks, hopefully that will help low level players to get some horseshoes easier and help high level players get more of a chance to finishing island and winning extra prizes.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 31.08.2015
    Nafaru wrote: »
    The tropical island farm will remain a temporary event.
    Daily tasks will only start once you have unlocked the farm and visited it for the first time.

Will the original tasks that correspond to the three prizes still be in place as well? Are these new tasks "purely" in addition to those?

I am worried about this move of the "builder" from the "TV" square over to the last timer slot. The builder, especially because it is one-at-a-time, is a crucial part of the game, and I am not excited that it might be mixed in with horses and nursery products in a more generic timer. The image currently allows me to know exactly what the builder is doing. The timer wouldn't do that if I understand correctly. It is smaller and less obvious.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 31.08.2015
    When I begin playing Bigfarm 2 years ago, I was happy it was a game without 3'rd parts advertising. :)
    - and only few times on a day we see Bigfarms own advertising (hot deals and so on). :)
    Now, we nonstop have minimum 1, ofen 2 or 3 Bigfarm advertising at the same time. :(

And now, GGS also want to bomb us with 3'rd parts spam ;(
    I look forward to this new addition with much concern, both because I do not want to be bombarded with advertisements for all kinds of junk and because I also like others are concerned about how the security level will be for these advertisements.

I've noticed that especially this year GGS become increasingly more and more aggressive in their marketing ...
    and when they will now also introduce 3'die party advertisements, I begin then to ask myself: Is GGS in financial difficulties?
    - Or is it just pure greed?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 31.08.2015
    Yakoska wrote: »

-Y
    That's the plan :)

I am not too upset with ads being there if they are truly voluntary, meaning that I don't have to do anything whatsoever to keep them out of my way.

Is that the case?

Forgive me for wanting a very direct and clear answer. It is other sites on the internet that raise my skepticism.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 31.08.2015
    I'm kinda ok with this kind of advertising if it lets the game get some more funding. :3
    It's quite nice to offer a reward for watching ads. I'm impressed, normally when games do this it's something ridiculous like "watch this 3-minute ad that will infect your computer and fill out these incredibly personal 30-minute surveys to get 2 cash shop cash". :'D
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 31.08.2015
    From the little experience with 3rd party adds in other games I can tell that it was always some hassle. 3rd party advertisers didn't keep the format, pushed in impropper content, the game didn't award what it should have, the add was 20 mins long, the movie froze in the mddle and on and on. To make it a bit more nightmare, 3rd party is often not just that only, but 4th and 5th party involved, often turning bug fixing into a burocratic dead end road. The game maker nearly always blames any fault on the 3rd party, not ready to fix it quckly, 3rd party on 4th party .........

Yet the other games, where I experienced it, were more stable and bug resilient then Big Farm is, also much less intrusive then GGS is. The movie was just hidden somewhere in a specific building and one only came in touch with it when chose to visit that building. Sometimes you didn't even have to build that cinema. :) Truly voluntary. Could have left it there for months and it wouldn't bother me with a single "reminder".

So I think, applied with a game as bug ridden as BF sometimes is, and a game maker as insensitive as GGS often is, this could turn out to be a real klller. :) Better direct your steps with caution, dear GGS. :)
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 01.09.2015
    Re: in-game advertisements: "...I know you're as excited about this as we are!" Really? Of all things to be excited about this would not be one of them.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 01.09.2015
    3rd party advertisement is best marketing strategy for free-to-subscribe online service provider companies.

so the idea of it is not bad at all. what matters is what method GGS will use to make use of this strategy?
    so I suggest we all wait and see first before judging.
    ofc if it involves unsafe/spam ads or too meddling with game ads, or such things, then it will be a failure.
    but if it be like some safe and voluntarily ads then it could be a win-win-win strategy.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 01.09.2015
    Re: in-game advertisements: "...I know you're as excited about this as we are!" Really? Of all things to be excited about this would not be one of them.

Good point. It made me smile when I read OA, as that statement is a bit audacious. Guess that "excited" was ment as a joke or as an irony. :):) Their public speach writers should stay with their feet on the ground. :):):)
Sign In to comment.